FE:if Hacking Topic

someonewhodied

Okay I think I understand. All of this stuff is new to me and I have little idea on what's what. Thanks for the clarification! My ultimate goal is to make a 'Conquest' Revelation with Enemy skills on Lunatic mode. That said, I'm assuming there's a script that assigns skills depending on difficulty? I couldn't find the lunge/counter Snipers in Conquest 23 despite finding Hinata, Oboro, and Takumi's skills. Where would that be?

That stuff is in the dispos folder which handles all the unit spawning + deployment slot for maps. They slap SEIDs in the blocks to give them skills on certain difficulties.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I think I understand. All of this stuff is new to me and I have little idea on what's what. Thanks for the clarification! My ultimate goal is to make a 'Conquest' Revelation with Enemy skills on Lunatic mode. That said, I'm assuming there's a script that assigns skills depending on difficulty? I couldn't find the lunge/counter Snipers in Conquest 23 despite finding Hinata, Oboro, and Takumi's skills. Where would that be?

Actually, me and a friend already plan on doing something like that, a Conquest Revelation sort of difficulty, I made a patch to buff Revelation playables to not be trash, it's currently being tested for release, after that we're going to tackle the difficulty side of things.

Actually, me and a friend already plan on doing something like that, a Conquest Revelation sort of difficulty, I made a patch to buff Revelation playables to not be trash, it's currently being tested for release, after that we're going to tackle the difficulty side of things.

Oh really?

C-can I help? I wanna give the Ch25 Ninjas Grisly Wound and Lunge

Oh really?

C-can I help? I wanna give the Ch25 Ninjas Grisly Wound and Lunge

Do you have an account on GBATemp?

We could create a new conversation and add you once we're ready to start working on it.

So, if i were to ask a few questions, would it be possible to..

1) Extract my save?

and

2) have someone else edit my secondary class of my avatar, anna, and kana to oni savage, so i could get access to the Blacksmith class?

This would help big time, since i think the blacksmith is a cool class

(also uh how about making either female snipers in general or maybe just kamui use the adventurer model (and maybe even map sprite?)? I'm a big fan of the adventurer's design, but I'm less of a fan of losing important stats and my favorite bow)

So, if i were to ask a few questions, would it be possible to..

1) Extract my save?

and

2) have someone else edit my secondary class of my avatar, anna, and kana to oni savage, so i could get access to the Blacksmith class?

This would help big time, since i think the blacksmith is a cool class

sure, if you have homebrew just use feftwiddler

Could i ask a question and then depending on the answer, could i ask a HUGE favor?

My question is, does the powersaves back up count as an entire save file?

If so, then could i upload it, and have someone use their homebrew and change those for me? i don't have homebrew and Idk how to install or use it

Could i ask a question and then depending on the answer, could i ask a HUGE favor?

My question is, does the powersaves back up count as an entire save file?

If so, then could i upload it, and have someone use their homebrew and change those for me? i don't have homebrew and Idk how to install or use it

Head over here for info on homebrew, you dont need it though to just do save editing (Though I would totally recommend to go all out with luna3ds cfw arm9loaderhax if you can cus then you can do like anything.) Powersave backs up every save file. Go to GBATemp in the 3ds section for a fef save editor. Idk about changing the class you picked when making your avatar but you can simply reclass desired characters to it. With characters like Anna changing there heart seal options requires rom hacking

Woo, I've finished up Plailect CFW guide, it seems to be working... Bar one small issue, with the exception of Shantae: Risky's Revenge, all my digital games (including Awakening and Fates) are in neither the home menu nor any of the homebrew title selectors?

(they do seem to be in Nintendo 3DS/hex/hex/title, I've got four folders there and one of them is pretty obviously Fates from the size, they're just not showing up in menus I think?)

Edited by 47948201

Woo, I've finished up Plailect CFW guide, it seems to be working... Bar one small issue, with the exception of Shantae: Risky's Revenge, all my digital games (including Awakening and Fates) are in neither the home menu nor any of the homebrew title selectors?

(they do seem to be in Nintendo 3DS/hex/hex/title, I've got four folders there and one of them is pretty obviously Fates from the size, they're just not showing up in menus I think?)

Odd, you might have to redownload them from the eshop. If that doesn't work for some reason make sure your NNID is linked to your system. If that still doesn't work you can always redownload them from freeshop or CIAngel. Read more on r/3dshacks or uh, the 3ds iso site.

did you have to reformat your 3ds? If so that means your nand now has a diferent personal id which is used in the nintendo 3ds folder. All systems have their own personal encrypted one so you cant just copy an eshop game off your sd card and then give it to your friend. You can easily get your original nand id back using decrypt9 by injecting your first nand backup as an emunand and dumping the two seed files off of it then injecting those into sysnand.

OKAY

SO

ANOTHER UPDATE

I got my save into FEFTwiddler, made some successful edits, though all my DLC disappeared uh

Also that's save editing, how do I get the game files themselves for editing? For gay hack, changing models people use, etc.?

Edited by 47948201

OKAY

SO

ANOTHER UPDATE

I got my save into FEFTwiddler, made some successful edits, though all my DLC disappeared uh

Also that's save editing, how do I get the game files themselves for editing? For gay hack, changing models people use, etc.?

Dumb the game with braindump (or get one off that iso site, that'd be quicker if your looking to do ntr non code relevant file replacement like model and texture editing) then decrypt the rom. Its what you have to have to do already if you're going to play the gay+ patch in HANS.

The game files though are difficult to navigate and I dont think anyone's made a map of sort. Bu contains class, character face, and their corresponding textures. Alot of character specific things are in japanese though like their supports. You'll need o use fire emblem archive tool to get into the LZ files and the you can recompress them back into LZ files using a program like batch.

Ohana3ds can be used to edit the models but Im having some trouble with it corrupting the textures as you can see a few pages back. Another note on the models, there is two sets of files corrisponding to one model. uDres_F_load_low1_0.bch is the name of the nohr princess model and then uDres_F_load_low1_0_cl0n_P.bch contains the texture data. Theres also at 3 of those cl0n files that are A,E, and P. A is the texture for ally units which use green. E is the texture for enemy units which are red. and P is the texture for part members which are blue. Sometimes youll find cl1n_p_, cl2n_p_, ect which are the textures some characters use as an enemy before becoming an ally (Like Kaze, Rinkah, ect) At least I think. Could also just be extra varients that were considerd at some point but were never used for whatever reason. The female ninja class ally texture has that situation going on. Cl0n had some of the ribbons grey as oposed o cl1n in which they were orange and thats how the file is in game.

Edited by Technocolor

Is there a different version of braindump? The one that came with the other homebrew stuff and the prerelease version I used on Awakening both have the same issue with Fates as everything else in the HBL since I'm on digital. I think I need a solution I can install to the actual home menu with FBI, but don't know what that would be.

(EDIT: okay I guess I could just go find a pre-dumped version, hopefully it'll be compatible with my digital-ness)

Edited by 47948201

You need to redownload the homebrew starter pack (Or just HANS) is all and the latest release of braindump, I believe as the 9.6 crypto thing was fixed apparently. You can also use decrypt9 to decrypt the game in your nintendo3ds folder itself. Then youll be able to dump it and such. Thats what I did a while ago and I had no problems come up as a result

Edited by Technocolor

I just redownloaded the starter pack and didn't see any braindump version? And the most recent github commit I can see is from February and still says 9.6-crypto can't be handled by it?

But okay decrypt9 I have, so I'm looking through its menus and uhhhh idk what to do lol

I just redownloaded the starter pack and didn't see any braindump version? And the most recent github commit I can see is from February and still says 9.6-crypto can't be handled by it?

But okay decrypt9 I have, so I'm looking through its menus and uhhhh idk what to do lol

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-and-rebuild-a-cia.388677/

basically decrypt your CIA with decrypt9 - game decryption, CIA decryptor (deep). It'll take some time.

Then use HackingToolkit3ds to extract the decrypted CIA and you're set. You don't need to do this for using hacks, as NTR works well in that regard (you don't need to use HANS, and indeed shouldn't, if you have kernal access, which you do if you can run unsigned CIAs, which you can do if you have CFW or a9lh). NTR is more lightweight, you only need to include modified files, and you can still go online so long as you're not running a cheat plugin.

Alternatively you can rebuild a CIA with custom modified content and install that, at which point you don't need to worry about NTR or HANS or any of that and can just launch the CIA direct from your home menu with hacked changes. It's a bit of a longer process, though the tutorial there goes into detail on how to do it. However, if you've settled on a hack you like and don't anticipate changing it, it's simple - though it takes some time - to just decrypt the CIA, extract it (once you've done this once you don't need to do it again), paste in your changes, and rebuild and install the modified CIA. That way you can just launch it and it'll just work.

Edited by The Iron Rose

Yeah I might just make a CIA with my changes, I can only think of a few I want and I'm definitely going to be asking about the specifics of them but for now I'm looking at the linked tutorial and it says I need

• A CIA untouched/clean

and idk what that means? Do I just make an empty file fe.cia? Or is there something I need to find/make?

Yeah I might just make a CIA with my changes, I can only think of a few I want and I'm definitely going to be asking about the specifics of them but for now I'm looking at the linked tutorial and it says I need

• A CIA untouched/clean

and idk what that means? Do I just make an empty file fe.cia? Or is there something I need to find/make?

A CIA is basically a program installer readable by the 3ds - think a .dmg or .exe file. It's the full game and copyrighted content, so for Fates it's something like 2 gigs or so. Definitely not an empty file. Without signature checks patched on your 3ds (i.e. without Custom Firmware or A9LH) you can only install "legit cias". Legit CIAs are games that were bundled with 3ds systems released by nintendo, so pokemon, Fire Emblem, Mario and so on. You can install these even if you just have userland access, though at this point that has to be a vanishingly small proportion of 3ds owners. Either you're on 11,0 and screwed for homebrew, or you're under 11.0, and can thus downgrade to 9.2 to begin the CFW/A9lh process. In any event, if you're on CFW like luma3ds, signature checks are patched, and you can install .cias that are not legit. That is to say, you can install .cias of any game you can think of, be it Xenoblade, Super Smash Bros or what have you.

Note that even 'legit' cias are copyrighted content and downloading and installing them without a license could be considered piracy. The only difference between the two is that legit .cias were released by nintendo at some point.

CIAs have been somewhat deprecated at this point due to the development of programs for the 3ds like freeshop and CIAngel. These (installed as .cias) allow you to download applications from Nintendo's content delivery networks if you have the associated ticket or titlekey installed on your system. Apparently Nintendo placed the entirety of checks on the 3ds system itself, so you can, for example, totally download Ambassador titles like Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones on all your 3dses by installing a ticket or putting an encrypted titlekey database on your SD card, and the only thing that gets sent to Nintendo is your IP address. You can also install games you have not purchased (as purchasing a game simply associates the correct titlekey/ticket to your 3ds), but that's getting into undeniable piracy territory. Think downloading a rom directly from the developer or a game from steam based entirely on a client-side check of your system.

Basically, CIAs = installable applications, mostly games, but also custom apps like JK's Save Manager or the homebrewlauncher cia.

Note that 3ds roms exist, and are .3ds files. These are next to entirely irrelevant, since .cias are better in every form. .3ds roms can only be used by .3ds flashcarts, and if you use a rom with a public header you run the risk of getting a short term ban from online services from nintendo. CIAs don't have this problem, nor do games downloaded from Nintendo's CDN, be it through the eshop or otherwise. The only real relevance .3ds roms have is if you're dumping a cartridge via uncart or something similar, in which case the produced file will be in .3ds form. Fortunately, it's trivial to convert a .3ds file into a .cia file safe for online play with 3ds Simple CIA Converter, which is available on GBA temp.

Now that that primer is over with, let's return to your case. You need to extract the contents of a decrypted CIA in order to make/apply your own custom Fates patches. I'm not familiar with braindump so I can't answer that question.

Now, technically you could use a program like FunkyCIA2 to dump your digital copy of fates. However, that's a somewhat annoying and lengthy process. What will be significantly quicker is to find a .cia of fire emblem fates online, on the "3DS ISO Site". You actually own the content so it's not even piracy, it's just saving you a couple of hours of work.

Once you have the .cia downloaded, you'll want to put it into a new folder on your SD card. I believe it's called DGame or something, but check with the link in my last post. From hereon, just follow the above link and tutorial by Asia81.

Note that you will have to delete your digital copy of fates from your 3ds in order to install the patched version! This is because your 3ds will see both the vanilla fates and the modified version of fates as the same game, so installing it with bigbluemenu or FBI2 will not work. You can, of course, still redownload your purchased content (or rather, any content for which a ticket or encrypted titlekey exists on your system) from the eShop, CIAngel, or freeShop, so getting vanilla fates back is as simple as deleting the modded version and reinstalling. It's probably faster to just install it from the vanilla .cia you downloaded however.

You can also test out your changes with NTR and I recommend doing so. Apparently it's basically as simple as dumping the changed files into a folder or two on your SD card, but you'll probably need to ask someone like UnassumingVenusaur (the creator of the fates same sex marriage patch, who provides support for using NTR to patch fates) for the exact process. It will, however, make testing much faster as you won't need to continually delete and reinstall modded fates on your 3ds, which takes a couple minutes each time since it's the full game.

Edited by The Iron Rose

Okay I thiiink I got it. So since I'm deleting my downloaded Fates anyway, is there any disadvantage to downloading the special edition rather than Birthright now? Since that seems to be the most common.

Yeah I've heard of the NTR approach, I've thought about getting NTR though I'm unsure what exactly that would entail since apparently NTR is deprecated now

Okay I thiiink I got it. So since I'm deleting my downloaded Fates anyway, is there any disadvantage to downloading the special edition rather than Birthright now? Since that seems to be the most common.

Yeah I've heard of the NTR approach, I've thought about getting NTR though I'm unsure what exactly that would entail since apparently NTR is deprecated now

None whatsoever to downloading the special edition.

With regards to NTR, it's not deprecated, insofar as much as nothing has replaced NTR. The developer has stopped working on it since he was harrassed, stalked, and doxxed for making it closed source instead of open source. It still works really well though. All you need to do in order to get it working is to use the firmware.bin file available here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade

Edited by The Iron Rose