Character growth rates! (Spoilers)

VincentASM

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Asset/Flaw really make a difference now, with 15-20 all over the place. THAT is what i hoped FE13 would've done.

It's a mere 10% in the case of defence though. Guess they don't want your MU to become an unstoppable tank!

Here are all of the growths for the first gen characters: http://imgur.com/5QwvrNN

Rinka have 45% STR growth. That is bad alright but not 18 chapters 10 STR bad. She really is RNG screwed on Hama's run.

With the change they made on Pair-Up mechanics and other thing, I guess breaking the game with one or two units will be very hard now or at least limited to the obvious one.

back in my day gunther's growths were literally everyone in fe2's

Yeah, but back in our days, we could gain 2 stats instead of 1.

Rinka have 45% STR growth. That is bad alright but not 18 chapters 10 STR bad. She really is RNG screwed on Hama's run.

With the change they made on Pair-Up mechanics and other thing, I guess breaking the game with one or two units will be very hard now or at least limited to the obvious one.

A lot of character are suffering from what I'd call "Canas(or Eliwood) syndrome" : Their growths are really medium, so they have good chance to ends up totally screwed (Oboro seems to be a good example, with all her growths around 40-50).

Considering 45 was Canas's Magic growth, this is fitting.

But this means Promoted units are more usefull, since bases are more important.

All in all, not necessary a bad thing.

Here are all of the growths for the first gen characters: http://imgur.com/5QwvrNN

A BST doesn't really show a whole lot because it favours characters who excel in both strength and magic for example. Physical units with no magic access don't care about magic that much (though magical weapons appear to be pretty potent for units who didn't grow a good amount of str, like Rinkah with her Bolt Axe for the Japanese player).

It's sorta like Pokemon - Darmanitan and Scrafty (or, like, Sawk) don't have the best BST because their special attack is lacking but they can do some great things with the one offensive stat that works.

All I can say is, wow Gunter.

With those growth rates I don't even mind if you die.

Also I'm sad that Yuugiri's growth rates are so low but she's also prepromoted so it's not at all surprising. I wanted to marry her but I guess I'll only do that on an easier difficulty run.

Edited by VincentASM

All I can say is, wow Gunter.

With those growth rates I don't even mind if you die.

Also I'm sad that Yuugiri's growth rates are so low but she's also prepromoted so it's not at all surprising. I wanted to marry her but I guess I'll only do that on an easier difficulty run.

Exactly my thought after seeing that chart

"Why even bother saving him?"

So then which growth rates are correct: the main site growth rates, or this new one you linked? How do we know?

These new growth rates are much higher (maybe not much higher, but Luna looks nice!), but I'm not entirely sure whether I like or dislike that. I really hope these new growth rates are the correct ones because the main site growth rates make me cry.

So then which growth rates are correct: the main site growth rates, or this new one you linked? How do we know?

These new growth rates are much higher (maybe not much higher, but Luna looks nice!), but I'm not entirely sure whether I like or dislike that. I really hope these new growth rates are the correct ones because the main site growth rates make me cry.

Both are, in a sense

The ones above take into account the character's default class, and use that class's growth

Classes add an additional 0-20% per stat, depending on the class. I think it's usually around 50-70% in total?

The main site was updated with the class growth rates, so we can technically calculate everything

Most units fall into one of two (sort of) categories

1: Glass Cannons, high everything except HP/DEF, res as well to an extent. Azura is like the epitome of this, so are for example, Kagerou and Hana on the Hoshido Side. Note that most glass cannons are in Hoshido actually

2: Balanced: Usually 30-50 in every stat, nothing is terribly bad, so as some have mentioned, there's a chance of getting screwed since you can't rely on some stats to go up reliably.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Those are the personal growths + the class growths. In their base classes. So they aren't going to get any higher.

Both are, in a sense

The ones above take into account the character's default class, and use that class's growth

Classes add an additional 0-20% per stat, depending on the class. I think it's usually around 50-70% in total?

The main site was updated with the class growth rates, so we can technically calculate everything

Most units fall into one of two (sort of) categories

1: Glass Cannons, high everything except HP/DEF, res as well to an extent. Azura is like the epitome of this, so are for example, Kagerou and Hana on the Hoshido Side. Note that most glass cannons are in Hoshido actually

2: Balanced: Usually 30-50 in every stat, nothing is terribly bad, so as some have mentioned, there's a chance of getting screwed since you can't rely on some stats to go up reliably.

Those are the personal growths + the class growths. In their base classes. So they aren't going to get any higher.

OH I GET IT NOW. Darn, well at least they're not the worst...

I feel like from Belka to Hinata (top of green to middle of gray) could pretty much be in the same category. It's not that much of a difference, since I feel like Hinata won't need much of magic growth as a Samurai (which is what is hindering his growth rate total, besides resistance). Same goes for Luna.

Yeah, but back in our days, we could gain 2 stats instead of 1.

That's true.

People criticizing Gunther ain't ever seen a true Jagen. Though really, his base stats are not much better than your starting characters, and no Silver Lance, so he does really look bad rip.

^Yeah but they only add 0-15% for each stat. They help, but growths are still pretty low in this game, at least compared to awakening. And Gunter's still suck.

They're somewhere in between the GBA games and Awakening - but everyone's HP growths are rather low, and the defense growths for physical units is higher.

The growths really aren't bad at all (compared to older games they're good), if you haven't played Awakening and expect that from them.

Also, anyone notice HP growths are rather low in comparison to the other stats?

Maybe it's to sort of nerf speed without nerfing speed? Defense growths are higher for physical units, but HP not as much.

Still Kagerou has a 70% Speed and Strength, which is ridiculous anyway.

Edited by Tryhard

There's a mistake here. Asama start as a Priest. Mountain Priest is his promotion.

His growths are :

Asama Priest 55 55 30 50 60 55 40 40 Exorcist 55 50 40 50 60 40 40 35

I'm compiling both promotion path growth for the unpromoted units. I will post there here later.

I'm really loving Effie: She has no bad stats besides mildly underwhelming RES, not to mention hella strength. Charlotte is also a standout: 85 HP, 75 STR, 75 SPD, and 50LCK. A great dodge tank+HP buffer+damage=Awesome. I'm also happy Lazwald is the better of the Mercs, since I was planning on using him with Charlotte.

Man, though Subaki is pretty trash, it's kind of disappointing. Hinata's even worse, same goes for Setsuna. I guess Nyx is okay, since she has points where it counts in magic and speed (I'll still probably use Odin instead, even if he is rather average if you ignore his strength stat), and the rest are pre-promotes.

I get the feeling the imoutos are going to end up being some of the most reliably strong mages, which I suppose makes sense since healers tend to be harder to train up.

Keep in mind there's class growth rates on top of character growth rates.

The ones in the image posted in the last page already have the class growths added to them

The base growth rates are the ones in the OP

So, I have total growth for the Hoshidian unpromoted's promotions. (+Silas and base!MU.)
Order will be the one in the site.

Mozume have her Aptitude bonus
OK, let's run them down :

Both Paths :

Class        HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
White Blood  60 60  40  50  55  55  50  25
Dark Blood   60 55  45  45  60  50  40  40

Kaze :

Class       HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Elite Ninja 60 45  0   65  85  20  25  55
Puppeteer   65 50  0   60  75  25  25  50

Silas :

Class          HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Paladin        50 60  5   60  50  55  50  35
Great Knight   60 65  5   60  45  45  60  25

Mozume :

Wpn Master     60  65 15  70  75  65  55  40
Great Merchant 60  70 15  70  70  70  55  45

Hoshido Path :

Rinkah :

Class      HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Shura      30 45  30  50  55  35  65  25
Blacksmith 40 40  15  65  55  40  60  20 

Sakura:

Class    HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Exorcist 45 30  70  50  55  55  30  35
War Miko 55 40  60  45  55  70  30  40

Hana :

Trueblade  35 65  15  60  75  40  20  40
Wpn Master 45 70  10  55  65  35  30  30

Subaki :

Falcon Warrior 55 40  30  60  35  45  45  25
Golden-Kite W. 55 35  20  65  35  40  45  20

Saizou :

Elite Ninja 45 55  45  80  50  55  50  30
Puppeteer   50 60  45  75  40  60  50  25

Orochi :

Exorcist 35 5   85  60  30  35  25  60
Basara   55 15  75  60  25  50  30  55

Hinoka :

Falcon Warrior 45 55  25  50  60  60  35  60
Golden-Kite W. 45 50  15  55  60  55  35  55

Asama :

Class           HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Priest          55 55  30  50  60  55  40  40   
Exorcist        55 50  40  50  60  40  40  35
Mountain Priest 65 65  25  45  60  55  50  30

Setsuna :

Golden-Kite W. 30 25  0   45  75  45  15  55
Holy Bowman    40 35  0   50  75  35  25  40

Tsukuyomi :

Exorcist 50 30  60  40  60  60  40  35
Basara   70 40  50  40  55  75  45  30

Oboro:

Holy Lancer 45 55  20  55  55  45  50  35
Basara      50 50  30  50  50  55  45  40

Hinata :

Trueblade  65 45  5   40  35  60  45  25
Wpn Master 75 50  0   35  25  55  55  15

Takumi :

Class         HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Golden-Kite W.50 40  0   75  55  60  35  35
Holy Bowman   60 50  0   80  55  50  45  20

Kagerou :

Elite Ninja 35 70  0   40  70  30  30  60
Puppeteer   40 75  0   35  60  35  30  55

Nohr units comming soon.
I hope you found it interresting.

EDIT : It looks fine now, but if there's anything missing or any mistakes, please say it.

Edited by Tamanoir

That's true.

People criticizing Gunther ain't ever seen a true Jagen. Though really, his base stats are not much better than your starting characters, and no Silver Lance, so he does really look bad rip.

Gunter apparently does return later on (at least in Nohr, and it's quite likely that it's somehow possible for Hoshido as well), and with much better bases on top of that.

I haven't seen it personally though, so I can't confirm how much of this is true.