Kamui Customizer v.1.0.6 [ROBINMAKER IS NOW LAUNCH]

Thor Odinson

Kamui Customizer

eyVJLhs.png

Don't have the game and want to make a custom Kamui?

Have the game and still want to make a bajillion alternate builds?

This app is for YOU at

http://serenesforest.net/app/kamui/

MIRRORS:

The old links at Appspot and Github will stay up since it's free anyway, and it's been circulated around quite a bit off SF so I don't want my links to break. I'm leaving the links to them here still. Plus it's nice to have in my coding portfolio for what it's worth.

http://kamuicustomizer.appspot.com/

http://luminescentblade.github.io/KamuiCustomizer/

BWDYETI has kindly lent me his servers to use for a mirror. Hopefully that'd take the load off until I can figure out a thing to increase my server quotas.

http://www.bwdyeti.com/kamui/

Any bug issues, performance issues past initial loading, etc, please tell me and I can try to fix it ASAP. Please also tell me which browser you're on, unless it's IE because I'm not supporting IE when my computer can't even run IE.

SOURCE CODE

Direct download v 1.0.6 (up to date)

Github repo link

INSTRUCTIONS IF THE HAIR DOES WEIRD THINGS

THANK YOU ECLIPSE

1. Go to here.
2. Click Download Zip (right side).
3. Copy everything in the zip folder to somewhere accessible (Documents, Desktop, whatever suits your fancy).
4. Open the folder you just copied.
5. Open the folder called js.
6. Open Notepad (or something equally lightweight, you don't need Word for this).
7. Drag kamooi.js into Notepad.
8. On line 6, you'll see this:

var currentFilter = "overlay";

Change it so that it looks like this:

var currentFilter = "hard-light";

9. Save changes.
10. Reopen index.html.

I should have theoretically fixed the Firefox issue, but if Chrome does it as well (which is very hard to test on my end since it doesn't happen to me) or it doesn't work on your browser well, hard light works more reliably than overlay, but it gives a slightly darker tone.

F.A.Q.

Q: Why is the screenshot so blurry?

A: I'm working on a Retina Mac so HTML5 Canvas resolutions get a bit wonky on my machine. It should look fine on most people's machines, and if you're a retina user like me, the exported version should still be fine.

Q: I can't export!

A: Right click canvas save as only works in Chrome and Firefox as of now. I'll work on implementing a cross-browsers solution later. For now, just download Chrome. It's my favorite browser anyway.

Q: But I don't wanna download Chrome or Firefox!

A: I guess you can take a screenshot or something? You won't get the transparent background if you do, though.

Q: Why does it take so long to load?

A: Gotta preload 100+ assets to make sure rendering goes fast enough. Fun stuff.

Q: The servers are down!

A: Unfortunately this is free hosting so I don't have a lot of quota. I'll figure some way to increase that if it's not too much on me.

Q: Pls make a Robin Maker too!

A: I'll get to it eventually but if you want my life easier, go here, cut up the Robin spritesheets (make sure all assets of the same type are the same size), zip it up and send it to me. If the Robin sprites are separated, I can easily port it by just adjusting some assets and changing the menus. Otherwise, I'd have to write something entirely different to accomodate and I'm lazy.

Edited by Thor Odinson

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firefox.

Although my internet've been odd today. Images not loading instantly for instance.

Everything works save for the hair color and the strange orange outline for the hair that cover her head.

T0H0VhK.png

Odd. It might be the switch from the Hard Light version to the Overlay version, since the former worked in FF but was a bit less accurate with colors. I'll see if I can fix Overlay in FF and if not I'll just set it to Hard Light since the difference is minimal. I'll work on a fix for FF after I get the repo set up for people who want the code.

Awesome job thank you very much!

But damn!All the male avatars are just.. ugh!I dont like a single one so far!The females on the other hand with the second build are beyond amazing!

Edited by JayTheKing

Female hair 2 best hair:

voqbpLD.png

I can already tell I'm going to waste to much time in this.

Huh?How do you remove the mole?

EDIT:Nevermind!

A small glitch:The only way to have "none" as an accessory is by using the backwards arrow

What I mean: If I use backwards it goes Facial feature1->none->facial feature 12 but with forwards it goes facial feature 12->facial feature 1.It skips none.

Edited by JayTheKing