Kozaki Yusuke Draws Felicia for Japan Expo

kingddd

A nice little 30 min speed up of the sketch, lineart and painting process that goes behind the illustration of the character artworks.

Edited by kingddd

This is very cool!

Kozaki has an interesting methodology to filling in colors I haven't seen before, but it sure looks effective. If I were to do another piece involving lineart--I usually don't, being more of a painter, but who knows --I may just try it out.

I've always loved Kozaki's art design, both in Fire Emblem and elsewhere. I think Kamui's servants are the best designed characters in Fates, and Felicia is obviously my favorite~

As someone who can hardly even draw a stick figure, this looks like sorcery to me. Still nice to see the process, however.

If it makes you feel better, while I am able to draw shapes, the lines are too stiff, my shapes are always disfigured in some form, and faces drawn by me look like that of a typical 1st grader.

I can somewhat rectify the issue by drawing helmet-faces (AKA just shapes for faces), but I'll never hit the level that this guy is at.

This is why I envy Japan - their work in 2D Land is at a god-level paragon.

Oh my god yes!!!!!

The art is so....

it's good.

Also, on a side-note. It seems Felicia is the only non-royal that has an official artwork beyond Portraits.

Edited by UnknownUber

Niiice.

It's gonna be weird downloading the Felicia artwork whenever it gets officially released XD

I've already found my new profile pic lol.

When a Higher res or official pic comes out, I'll update it to look better and sexier.

I think I'm the biggest Felicia Fanboi here

Ooh, man, that some nice wizardry right there. Never really thought to use both the paint bucket and outline together; that certainly would cut on time required to finish a piece. I'm definitely getting the artbook and special edition now if it comes out for the English release.

And this comes from a person who's used to traditional art and has to spend a month on the tablet to produce something that good on a computer art program. Then again, I'm too impatient to refine most of my sketches anyway.

I've already found my new profile pic lol.

When a Higher res or official pic comes out, I'll update it to look better and sexier.

I think I'm the biggest Felicia Fanboi here

This is the main one that was posted. Not high res though.

SXbYkj0.png

This is the main one that was posted. Not high res though.

SXbYkj0.png

I think that's great, I might make a desktop background out of it later.

But I think my current pic looks good enough with the artwork.

This is very cool!

Kozaki has an interesting methodology to filling in colors I haven't seen before, but it sure looks effective. If I were to do another piece involving lineart--I usually don't, being more of a painter, but who knows --I may just try it out.

I agree! I can't believe I didn't think of some of these techniques myself, they seem so obvious! I'd like to try it myself the next time I draw something.

I still think Senri Kita has the best style for FE, but Kozaki has good techniques! Now I wish Senri Kita had done a video. xP

Wow. People can say what they will about some of the actual designs, but I don't think anyone can deny he's talented as an artist.

seriously I love his art style , I hope he stays too for the future games

Well yeah, Kozaki is obviously a very good artist. I just don't like around half of his design ideas.

While I think Kozaki could use better poses (FFS stop showing off women on their tip-toes/in heels), his ability to bring the characters to life is amazing. And this little sped-up snippet is just as amazing! Great find!

If any of you want to see more FE art by other artists, give the Cipher wiki (hosted on SFwiki) a whirl!

Edited by eclipse

Yeah, I also wish Kozaki would stop drawing tip toe poses and backside-showing poses for females...

You're telling me women don't fight like that? Or even just casually pose in such a way when no one's looking?

You're telling me women don't fight like that? Or even just casually pose in such a way when no one's looking?

Nah man all fighting women have random hair flowing in the wind with no wind source, all happily giggly and randomly bend over.

Interesting. He uses for the darkest shade and goes lighter where he sees fit. It instantly reminded me of this one exercise where you color the page in black charcoal as dark as you can and then erase to get the lighter tones.

I'm still new to computer artwork so I might take some notes on his and others' styles.