[Release & Support] Fire Emblem If - English Translation - Menu Patch (v1.2)

DJPlayer

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way we can probably do that is if they figure out how to make new subtitles with different timings, instead of just replacing text that is already there.

Also, does anyone here know how to use NTR CFW 1.0?

I want LayeredFS so it's more convenient when screwing around with text files on my old JP 3DS.

I'm weeaboo trash. I edited the text to change "Club" to "Kanabo" and such.

Thank you for releasing FEAT.

I can edit Awakening and files here now too.

tumblr_nra41r3YtI1rmzb08o1_400.pngtumblr_nra41r3YtI1rmzb08o2_400.png

tumblr_nra41r3YtI1rmzb08o3_400.pngtumblr_nra41r3YtI1rmzb08o4_r1_400.png

For NTR Cfw 1.0 you need a 3ds 4.5 or below for the emunand and you can get it from this link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/09n1byuwam01rca/NTR.rar

The Launcher.dat is already built.

LayeredFS can be found here:

https://github.com/44670/layeredFS/wiki/manual

Follow the instructions to use it.

well rx tool still works how it is indented but it wont be updated by itself anymore, only in conection with pasta cfw.

Sysnand = the firmware of your 3ds.

emunand = the emulated firmware that is on your sd card

if you emunand is corupted you simply create a new, if you corupt your sysnand you are so out of luck without an backup and an certain mod.

Okay. Since all the instructions are going to look like gibberish to me until I at least try this for myself, what should I *not* do so I can avoid bricking my system?

Edit: And is there still a video tutorial on how to do this step by step still planned? No rush, I just don't want to do anything rash.

Edited by Hatsuoki

Okay. Since all the instructions are going to look like gibberish to me until I at least try this for myself, what should I *not* do so I can avoid bricking my system?

Edit: And is there still a video tutorial on how to do this step by step still planned? No rush, I just don't want to do anything rash.

Dont uninstall any system cia and dont instal any cia you dont trust.

Edited by yuuki

The readme was easy to follow regarding everything except Xorpad generation. That step required a bit of googling for me to understand and will probably require others to google about it as well. All in all, I set up a CFW and was playing the translated game in less than an hour after I started the process. A big thank you to everyone who worked on the menu translation and the instructions!

I really want to use your guys patch, it seems freaking fantastic and it would be great to play. But I can't get the files for the 9.2 firmware anywhere. Is there anyway someone could help me get these files?

What do you mean, is your firmware 9.3 and above? Because you can't downgrade at all currently.

What do you mean, is your firmware 9.3 and above? Because you can't downgrade at all currently.

What I am asking is if someone would be happy to send me sd card files via email or something that I can load onto my ds and get the 9.2 firmware and finish it myself or have someone send me the completed files so I can load them into my own hard copy

What I am asking is if someone would be happy to send me sd card files via email or something that I can load onto my ds and get the 9.2 firmware and finish it myself or have someone send me the completed files so I can load them into my own hard copy

Well what is your firmware currently at? Since if it is anything above 9.2 then you cannot.

Plus I think the only few ways to update your firmware is by modding it to download cia files or to find a game that updates to 9.2 firmware (which I don't think there is any).

Someone who actually knows about this stuff can help you out as i'm still a beginner at this stuff.

Edited by Xanek

Well what is your firmware currently at? Since if it is anything above 9.2 then you cannot.

Plus I think the only few ways to update your firmware is by modding it to download cia files or to find a game that updates to 9.2 firmware (which I don't think there is any).

Someone who actually knows about this stuff can help you out as i'm still a beginner at this stuff.

Ah. My firmware is at 9.8 :/ hopefully someone comes by

But thank you for your help in the meantime

I think the only prospective solution you might have is if smea's ninjhax does release and support 9.8. And this doesn't guarantee support in itself--only opens a slight crack of possibility for a future solution.

You're better off going to a used games or pawnshop, finding a 3DS, and checking if it is 4.5-9.2 firmware before purchasing the unit.

I think the only prospective solution you might have is if smea's ninjhax does release and support 9.8. And this doesn't guarantee support in itself--only opens a slight crack of possibility for a future solution.

You're better off going to a used games or pawnshop, finding a 3DS, and checking if it is 4.5-9.2 firmware before purchasing the unit.

Darn. I wish I could just get the files from someone

Darn. I wish I could just get the files from someone

Even if you got the files for the firmware it'd be useless. There's no way you could downgrade your 3DS to 9.2 ("loading the files into your hard copy" wouldn't do anything - firmware doesn't affect your game, it affects the 3DS)

Like Celice said your best option would be to find a used 3DS or buy a new 3DS. You can tell the pre-installed firmware from the serial numbers, I believe.

Edited by luyairis

Stupid question: How do I exit out of the Gateway menu? I'm between steps 4 and 5 here.

http://pastebin.com/7AiVeEcb

pretty sure the only way out is the power button (unless you actually have a gateway card)

edit: yup. just double checked. hold the power button for 3-4 seconds and the screens will turn off. music will still play, but it'll stop after about 7-8 seconds. the power led will turn off shortly after.

double edit: this got me the first time; don't freak out if the exploit doesn't fully load the next time you trigger it, just hold down the power button again. after force-quitting the gateway menu, i usually have to trigger the exploit twice before it'll work. the exploit itself is not 100% stable.

Edited by birdscool

Or you can press Down+B for a quick shut down on the Gateway menu. =w=b

Ah that's helpful too. Thank you!

I'm actually stuck on step 9 now. I got an error like this:

Opening SecureInfo_A...Ok!

Region: USA

TMD Version: v2051

Error creating H&S TMD backup.

Edit: Is it the TMD version that I used? I wasn't sure which one I needed so I just grabbed the last one. If I need to use a different one, is it fine to just replace the one I put on the SD card? Or will I need to start over?

Edit again: Also rxtools installs data on my SD card everytime I use it/open it, is that normal? Or am I doing something wrong there? Reason why I'm asking is because I checked the Readme under the FBI inject folder and it says its normal to get an error (is it the same error I got?) and when I continued on, I don't have enough space in my SD card to add the TMD file. (The SD card is 2 gb, it's just the one that came with the 3DS.)

Edited by Hatsuoki

You may need a larger SD card. When using the basic Gateway for emunand, you clone your standard nand which effectively doubles your previously used size; it also hides one of the nand partitions normally, making your SD card appear smaller.

If you're cheap on money or want a good deal, you can hawk /r/buildapcsales for a while. I got a 64GB microsd for like $18 a few months back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/

So is there no possible way to apply the patch with a 3DS above 9.2? Also, if you own a old 3DS with a version less than 9.2, how would you upgrade it to 9.2 as opposed to it updating all the way to 9.8? I apologize but I'm new at this and am just trying to seek a viable option to play the patch, most 9.0-9.2 3DS sell for $300 so I'd prefer to avoid that..

Thank you!

So is there no possible way to apply the patch with a 3DS above 9.2? Also, if you own a old 3DS with a version less than 9.2, how would you upgrade it to 9.2 as opposed to it updating all the way to 9.8? I apologize but I'm new at this and am just trying to seek a viable option to play the patch, most 9.0-9.2 3DS sell for $300 so I'd prefer to avoid that..

Thank you!

no, there's no way to apply our patch on a 3DS above 9.3

You can use a Retail-Cartridge to update your 3DS to 9.0-9.2 or you use a Homebrew to update your 3DS with lower firmware to 9.2.

You need "sysupdater" and 3DNUS for it