[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patch has been working well. I'm up to Chapter 6 and apart from some minor errors already pointed out, it's been running smoothly.

I know this is not related to the patch, but the carts you use determine what story lines you get right? Because I have the Nohr version and it says "You'll need to purchase the Hoshido storyline from the eShop after Chapter 6". Kinda hard to decide who my Avatar's family is...

There's no "All-in-one" edition that has both story lines, is there? (What is that Special Edition anyway?)

Patch has been working well. I'm up to Chapter 6 and apart from some minor errors already pointed out, it's been running smoothly.

I know this is not related to the patch, but the carts you use determine what story lines you get right? Because I have the Nohr version and it says "You'll need to purchase the Hoshido storyline from the eShop after Chapter 6". Kinda hard to decide who my Avatar's family is...

There's no "All-in-one" edition that has both story lines, is there? (What is that Special Edition anyway?)

Even some simple Googling would've done the trick.

First of all, of course. How can you have the storylines from another cart without physically having the cart?

And actually, you answered your own question. The Special Edition is the "All-in-one" edition that contains all THREE storylines.

Even some simple Googling would've done the trick.

First of all, of course. How can you have the storylines from another cart without physically having the cart?

And actually, you answered your own question. The Special Edition is the "All-in-one" edition that contains all THREE storylines.

Ah, right. Thanks.

I'd really like to play the translation but apparently I am too much of a noob to figure anything out how this works. I am using a gateway my old 3ds is on FW 9.2.0-20E, entering gateway mode over the browser. I can't figure out how to create these xorpads (tried alot of different things the farthest I got is when I was missing 1 of these, no idea how I did it). Normally my bro does Gateway stuff for me but he is abroad at the moment. Could anyone who has spare time explain to me what I have to do exactly? (the readme didn't help that much as I don't know half of these terms and / or how to install these)

tried alot of different things the farthest I got is when I was missing 1 of these, no idea how I did it

Missing exactly one thing? Was it an xorpad or something else?

I assume that means you at least got some of the xorpads to generate?

I have an old 3DS on firmware 4.2 and a Gateway cart with emunand 10.1. I used 3DS Lazy to build ncchinfo.bin and generate xorpads (I don't understand the decrypt9 and rxtools stuff or if it's even necessary). I used them to try and patch BFZJ.3ds and got the error: Provided ROMFS or ROMFS Xorpad is invalid.

Do I have to use Decrpyt9 and install RxTools together? I tried again with Decrpyt9 and couldn't really get anywhere. Got the ncchinfo.bin but couldn't launch Decrypt9's LAUNCHER.dat with the DS profile exploit or by going to http://go.gateway-3ds.com/ on the browser like I do for emuNAND.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm fairly sure I've heard something about 3ds lazy not working right when generating xorpads before, but don't quote me on that. I'd keep trying to make decrypt9 work.

You don't need rxtools to make decrypt9 work, no. You just put the launcher.dat on the root of the SD card (move or rename the Gateway one, be careful not to mix up which is which), and launch it exactly the same way. Exactly what happens when you try to launch it?

Trying to launch it via browser just sends me back to the main menu with a message saying I need to update my firmware. If I try to start it via DS profile exploit I get sent back to the menu with an error and my 3DS restarts. Is there a different URL I should be using for the browser exploit? Apparently it doesn't work with the DS profile exploit according to the developer.

Hey people, i just installed the game on my N3ds and works fine, but on my girlfriend O3ds, support are not showing off translated. Is this normal ? On my N3ds i installed it as a fresh install, but on the O3ds, she already had a few save there.

Hey people, i just installed the game on my N3ds and works fine, but on my girlfriend O3ds, support are not showing off translated. Is this normal ? On my N3ds i installed it as a fresh install, but on the O3ds, she already had a few save there.

Please read several posts before this. Most supports haven't been translated, or weren't included in the patch. Find a support that's been translated on your N3DS, and it should be too on the O3DS.

hay guys, i have a question:

will the translation project case once the NA/EU versions of IF (Fates) comes out in FEB 19?

I'm wondering cause it's a great project and i hope it finishes to 100%,

also will the MYroom Love thing + Couples cutscenes and bath spa make it to the English versions of Fates/IF?

cause if they cut this content out that will suck bad :( . The Myroom stuff with touching charters and increasing relationships and couples love thing is great, even through when the charater says the love quote things you might not know exactly what they are saying, but it's great even without subs :)

also can the .sav from the sp edition be transferred and work with the english versions of fates? not sure if there will even be a SP edition for english ver fates.

one thing i noticed while playing on the Hoshido path: myavatar charater (unpromotied) is at Lv 17 and his EXP gain is very slow unlike other charters, why?

Edited by IkeBoyDude

Then reinstall the patch on the O3DS and try again..

Actually, there have been many reports that supports in the support log don't change to English when updating from an old version of the patch. This isn't an issue with the installation, it's an issue with the save file.

Try re-earning the supports ingame. That often makes them show up.

will the translation project case once the NA/EU versions of IF (Fates) comes out in FEB 19?

also will the MYroom Love thing + Couples cutscenes and bath spa make it to the English versions of Fates/IF?

also can the .sav from the sp edition be transferred and work with the english versions of fates? not sure if there will even be a SP edition for english ver fates.

one thing i noticed while playing on the Hoshido path: myavatar charater (unpromotied) is at Lv 17 and his EXP gain is very slow unlike other charters, why?

1. No. It'll carry on polishing the JP version, and an anti-localization patch for NA will be released that fixes names and anything else NoA messes up.

2. Wait and see, Nintendo hasn't said anything about the game other than its release date.

3. Most likely not. There is a NA Special Edition, but preorders sold out on the first day so you can't get them anymore.

4. That's a question for the FE14 boards, this thread is about the translation patch and localization differences.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Actually, there have been many reports that supports in the support log don't change to English when updating from an old version of the patch. This isn't an issue with the installation, it's an issue with the save file.

Try re-earning the supports ingame. That often makes them show up.

1. No. It'll carry on polishing the JP version, and an anti-localization patch for NA will be released that fixes names and anything else NoA messes up.

2. Wait and see, Nintendo hasn't said anything about the game other than its release date.

3. Most likely not. There is a NA Special Edition, but preorders sold out on the first day so you can't get them anymore.

4. That's a question for the FE14 boards, this thread is about the translation patch and localization differences.

okay, great thanx for the helpful tips, Czar_Yoshi!

Hi guys, i don't really understand the tutorial.

" -A .3ds file copy of the ROM for Fire Emblem: If Special Edition/Black Kingdom/White Kingdom dumped from a retail cartridge. "

Does it work if I have physical copies of Hoshido and Nohr ?

I have an old 3ds 9.9 EU, with ironhax ( 1st version ), does that count as having cubic ninja ?

As long as you can install Homebrew on your 3ds, you can dump your cartridge to get a .3ds file. You actually need the physical copy if you want to play above 9.2, so it's good that you have it.

Ironhax works, all you need is a way to access Homebrew. The tutorial is just pretty old.