Invisible History text translation

bearaby

Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. I bring translations for the newest DLC.

The title is Invisible History. (loosely translated)

It costs 500 yen, and comes with 2 maps.

I'm doing it in parts, so as you can see, it's still quite incomplete... But I'll be finishing both maps within a day, most likely. I'm done. I'll be happy if you'd read and enjoy it. Thank you very much, have a good day.

[spoiler=First map, before battle]

Hydra: …Are you ready? Owain, Inigo, Severa.

Owain: Yeah.

Inigo: Yup.

Severa: Yes.

Hydra: I see. Then, let’s go… …Ha!!

Severa: Eh! W-what the…! My hair color changed…

Owain: Uooh!? My brand has disappeared…!

Inigo: That’s amazing, Hydra…! So you can use such magic.

Hydra: …Yeah. It’ll be better to change your appearances before going to “where we need to go”. If possible, it’ll may be good if any characteristics that may give away your bloodline are hidden… I must try not to cause any trouble for you, whom I’m entrusting a job to.

Severa: Man… I liked my hair as it was…

Inigo: There, there, Severa. Your new hair color is cute too.

Owain: Hmf… Although the war has ended, your habit of flirting hasn’t changed.

Hydra: Okay, I guess your appearances are fine now. Next, new clothes and power… And then, after changing your names, it’ll be complete.

Owain: What!? New names…!?

Hydra: Yes… Just like your looks, it’ll be inconvenient if your names remain the same.

Owain: Huh… I see…! Meaning we should hide our true names, just in case…! Clad in a false name and appearance, the secretive warrior of darkness… My sword hand twitches…!!

Inigo: Uh… Hydra. On top of changing appearances, our names too… Is what we’re about to do such a harsh mission?

Hydra: …Yes. I will have you go to a different world to fight. That is a place full of possibilities… A world where different paths intersect. If you choose the right path then it’s fine, but if you don’t… …All that awaits is death.

Inigo: Eh!?

Severa: A-although we finally achieved peace, to die before fully enjoying it will be troublesome!

Owain: A mission of darkness is cool and all, but life is important…

Hydra: …That’s to be expected. I don’t have any intention to force you. Even if you decide to back out now…

Inigo: W-wait! Even so, we will go.

Severa: We didn’t say anything about not going.

Owain: Yeah. It doesn’t seem like there’ll be a big reward… But I’ll lend you my power.

Hydra: You will undertake this mission? Why…

Owain: …Because we understand. What it means to really be in trouble.

Hydra: Eh..?

Severa: H-hey, even though we look like this, we’re experienced in the ways of the world. So… Even though it’s really annoying, we can emphasise with the really troubled people out there.

Inigo: Yeah… If there are people in pain, we want to become their strength. If there’s anything we can do, we want to do it. …Even if we’re tricked. We’d like to believe you.

Hydra: …… Thank you…

Severa: That being said, I was frightened when we first met. After all, a suspicious person with his face covered suddenly called out to the 3 of us from the castle walls.

Owain: And the first thing he said was, “Please save my country”. Furthermore, no matter what we asked, we were replied with “I can’t go into the details now”…

Inigo: That’s right. Also, “If you believe me… I’d like you to come to this place on the next full moon”… Is what you said.

Hydra: Yeah… That’s what happened.

Sevara: I don’t get you… Really. Above all that, the place indicated on the map was on a neighbouring continent!? If it were normal people, they definitely, surely, most certainly wouldn’t have come.

Hydra: Haha… Sorry about that. Even so, you all came.

Owain: I guess you could say… This, too, is the fate of our blood. We just can’t leave people who’re in trouble. But if you intend to misuse these feelings of ours… I won’t go easy on you.

Hydra: I understand. …I will definitely not even think of tricking you, or using you for bad ends. There’s no way I could make the heroes who defeated the evil dragon, Grima, do such things…

Inigo: Eh? Did we ever mention doing that?

Hydra: Apologies… Although you experienced such a terrible, hopeless future, I’m dragging you into another war…

Inigo: !! Why do you even know about the future…!? Hydra, just what…?

Hydra: ……

Severa: Hey, say something…

Hydra: Duck, Severa!!

Severa: Eh!!?

???: ……

Severa: W-what is that!?

Hydra: Darn it… So they noticed me coming here…

Owain: What in Naga’s name are they…!? It can’t be, Risen!?

Inigo: …Doesn’t seem like it. Although they give off a presence… They’re invisible. What intense killing intent… Are they aiming for us?

Hydra: …… Apologies. It’s probably my fault… That it’s come to this.

Inigo: …What do you mean?

Hydra: Listen. These guys… They’re soldiers that chased me here from another world. I didn’t intend to cause trouble for this world too…

Severa: To be chased by these weirdos… Where did you even come from!?

Hydra: I… Can’t tell you now.

Owain: Whatever it is, there’s no time to talk now! …For now, we have to fight! Soldiers from another world or whatever, we can’t allow them to mess this place up!

Inigo: You’re right! We can take our time to talk later. Anyway… I said so didn’t I? That we would believe you.

Hydra: …!!

Severa: It can’t be helped. We’ve already accepted the job, so I’ll fight too. In exchange, since you brought these guys here… When we’re done, you’ll properly explain yourself, including anything and everything about this request!

Hydra: …Yeah. I promise.

[spoiler=Battle quotes]

Entering battle

Inigo: So there are such enemies in a different world. Not being able to see the enemy means you have no idea from where you’re being watched… E-embarrassing… I can’t stand that… I have to defeat them quickly…!

Owain: My sword hand twitches… These guys are our new enemies, assassins from another world, huh. But isn’t it unfair if they’re invisible!? Anyway, I’ll aim for wherever I feel presence! Now... Prepare yourselves…

Severa: Man… What’s with this guy. Shaking from side to side, how gross. Coming out from the water, like you’re trying to pull off a surprise attack. You sure have guts to aim for me… I’ll return you back in full!

Defeat

Inigo: Sorry… I can’t fight anymore… I’m sorry, but I’ll have to retreat…

Owain: What’s with these guys… They’re too strong… Sorry, I’ll have to step down…

Severa: To lose to such weirdos… It pains me, but I’ll have to retreat…

Against ???

???: ……

Defeating ???

???: I should retreat here...

[spoiler=Conversations between the 3]

Inigo – Owain

Owain: ……

Inigo: Owain, it’s dangerous to space out. You seem concerned about your arm… Are you hurt?

Owain: No… I was just thinking that it’s a stranger feeling than expected. For something that should be there, to just disappear.

Inigo: Are you talking about the brand?

Owain: …Yeah.

Inigo: It’s really invisible now. It really does feel strange.

Owain: Now… I think I can understand the feelings of my mother, who doesn’t have the brand. It feels uneasy to have the proof of your bloodline supressed. How should I say it… It feels like I’m no longer myself.

Inigo: Fufu.

Owain: Oi, what’re you laughing at.

Inigo: But it’s rare for you to be so meek.

Owain: You, I’m being serious here…

Inigo: …Don’t make such a face. It’s okay… Whether you have the brand or not, you are you. Even though the brand can’t be seen, it’s still right here. Your bonds won’t disappear just because of that… The blood that flows within you in unchanged.

Owain: …Inigo.

Inigo: Uh, that’s… I’m also convincing myself. From now on, we’re going to a new place, taking on a new form and name… It’ll be stranger to not feel uneasy.

Owain: Right. I’m not the only nervous one. Sorry, Inigo. I’ll stop it with the loser talk… As the mysterious warrior that has received the divine protection of darkness, I’ll accomplish my mission in the new world…!

Inigo: Ahaha. That’s the spirit. I’m counting on you, Owain!

Inigo – Severa

Inigo: Are you okay, Severa?

Severa: Of course I am. Don’t worry, I won’t be defeated by the likes of these guys.

Inigo: Really, that’s great. Before we came here, you kept saying that you were tired, so I was worried.

Severa: Erm… That’s just because this place was so far. The luggage was heavy too.

Inigo: Err… Severa’s bags were really heavy… I was carrying them all the way, but there were so many times I thought I’d die.

Severa: What, it can’t be helped. There’s no way I could leave them behind. The hair accessories I bought at the towns we stopped by, the clothes and shoes and accessories… Anyway, girls need many things!

Inigo: So the bags were filled with such stuff…

Severa: Got a problem? Come to think of it, although you’re a guy, you have so much luggage! What did you bring?

Inigo: Waaaaaaah! Embarrassing! Don’t look inside them! Don’t spread my stuff out hereeeeeeee!!

Severa: …What the heck. Papers on dancing and music are fine, but… Sweets and general goods and… Perfume?

Inigo: Ehehe… These are gifts for girls, and those are also gifts for girls. Eh? How strange! All of them are gifts for the ladies!

Severa: …… …You’re an unprecedented idiot, aren’t you. When you held my bags for me, I thought of you as a little reliable. What a waste of my feelings.

Inigo: Eh!? R-reliable? …I am?

Severa: Ah…! That’s not what I…! My words just slipped a little! E-enemies there! I’m going to go fight!!

Inigo: Ah, wait, Severa! Say that again! Hey! …Eh, Severa!? You dropped something!

[Received parasol]

Owain – Severa

Owain: Oi Severa, what do you think your new power’ll be?

Severa: What are you talking about all of a sudden?

Owain: Hydra said so just now, didn’t he? What’s left is new power and a new name.

Severa: Yeah, he did say that.

Owain: I’m interested in a new name too… But even more interested in a new power. Maybe suddenly I’d be brimming with magic, and become a sage?

Severa: Hah? Why a sage…

Owain: I’ve focused on the ways of the sword up until now, but I’ve actually been thinking about polishing up my magic skills.

Severa: Hmm... Magic, huh.

Owain: Did you know, brave warrior Severa… Despite my looks, I’m actually gifted in magic.

Severa: Yeah, yeah, I know. You’re Lissa’s child after all. Isn’t that fine? Magic. If you want to do it.

Owain: Then I guess you’ll be a Pegasus knight? Following the footsteps of Cordelia.

Severa: You’re so noisy! I don’t ever want to be a Pegasus knight! I’ll remain a mercenary. Because this is a path I chose for myself. Following in my mother’s footsteps, or not… Those things are unrelated. Even if I did choose the same path as her, there’s no way she’d be happy…

Owain: Severa… Sorry, I…

Severa: Hmf… There’s nothing for you to apologise about. More like, if you have time to think about such things, then hurry up and fight! Look, there’re still enemies over there! You can catch a glimpse of them hiding in the shadow of that tree!

Owain: What…!? Severa, you… Your eyes are sharp. You wait right there, invisible soldiers… I’ll bestow upon you your judgement!

Severa: …… Haah. A new power and a new name, huh. …More than any of that, I’m more interested in new clothes. I want something cute, something that fits my tastes!

[spoiler=First map, after battle]

Hydra: You won… As expected of the warriors of this world…

Owain: Okay, we’ve defeated them all.

Inigo: Huff… Thank goodness. Seems like there wasn’t much damage done.

Severa: Now, let’s hear your story. What were they? Who exactly are you!?

Hydra: …In order to tell you, I need to bring you to my country.

Severa: Why?

Hydra: If I tell you everything here, I’ll turn into foam and disappear. Such a curse… Has been put on me.

Inigo: Curse…!?

Hydra: Yeah.

Owain: …Got it. Then, let’s head to Hydra’s country right away. If we don’t listen to what he says, there’s nothing we can do.

Hydra: …Apologies. At least as some form of apology, allow me to recompensate you. Something that a human would desire… Eternal youth, perpetuation of descendants… Or perhaps unimaginable wealth?

Owain: Eeh!!? Eternal youth!?

Inigo: Perpetuation of descendants…!? H-how embarrassing…!!

Owain: Oi, what the heck are you thinking about!!

Inigo: B-but…

Severa: W-wait up. Isn’t this repayment kind of strange? Eternal youth or unimaginable wealth… If Hydra can do that, doesn’t that make him a God?

Hydra: I suppose. I don’t mind if you think of me as that.

Inigo: Eh…!? Then why are you seeking help from us?

Hydra: …That’s…

Severa: Hmm, I see. That has to do with the curse. Then let’s quickly get our repayment and move on to that country.

Inigo: But, this is just too amazing… Nothing comes to mind. Eternal youth seems great, but it seems like it’ll take a long time to truly appreciate it…

Hydra: I see… Then if you have anything else, please tell me.

Owain: …… Hey… If, for example, reviving the dead… Is that kind of repayment… Possible?

Severa: Eh…!? You, that’s…!

Inigo: Sorry, Severa. I, too… Thought about it a little.

Severa: I-it’s not anything to apologise about. Besides… I don’t even know how many times I’ve thought about it. To revive my real parents…

Owain: How about it? Hydra…

Hydra: …Sorry. I cannot revive the dead… Even for me, that’s impossible.

Owain: Is… That so…

Inigo: …… Er… Then, can you revive a ruined land?

Hydra: Revive a ruined land…?

Inigo: Yeah… At that place that we couldn’t protect, if at least plenty of flowers and grass could grow… Could you make that place how it was when it was peaceful, a land of beauty…!

Severa: Yeah… That… May be good. …I also want graves. Graves for the people who died there… I want graves to be properly built for them.

Owain: I agree. That place becoming beautiful again, with proper graves for everyone… Even if we cannot return… Even if we can’t see that scene, it may make us feel better.

Hydra: It can’t be… Are you really okay with that being your repayment? Using the compensation that you risked your lives for, for a scene that you cannot see, when you can't even confirm whether it has been granted?

Inigo: …Yeah.

Severa: …Of course.

Owain: That’s the most we can do for that place.

Hydra: …… …I understand. Then I will revive that future of despair, and bestow graves upon those who had passed. –I am the God that rules over wisdom. The one who controls the origin world… With this serene power, I give their land… Revival and fortune–

Hydra: …… Done. With this, that land has been revived. I have fulfilled your wishes.

Severa: T-thanks. I feel like my heart has become lighter.

Inigo: Thank you… Hydra.

Owain: Sorry that I said you don’t seem like you’d give a big reward.

Hydra: Haha, no worries… …!?

Owain: What is it?

Hydra: I heard… Voices.

Severa: Voices?

Hydra: From the land I sent my power… There were the thoughts of a single tactician left behind. His body has been destroyed… Just like his comrades, I built him a grave. Then… Just now, from that tactician and his comrades… …Voices reached me…

Severa: That’s…!

Hydra: I suppose... It’s probably… An existence you’re familiar with.

Inigo: Everyone… What did they say?

Hydra: “Thank you”… Was said many times. While they were laughing happily. Also, “Take care” was said to you guys. “No matter where you go, we’ll be watching over you”…

Inigo: !! Dad, Mom..

Severa: ……

Hydra: …Before we head to my country, I’ll pass this to you.

Owain: This is… A small crystal ball?

Hydra: Listen. When everything ends, if you guys… Want to return to your “real birthplace”, use that.

Inigo: Eh…!? What do you mean…!?

Hydra: It’s a crystal ball with the power of travel, and is capable of moving through time and space. Once you have fulfilled your mission, you can use it to return here… Or if you so wish, you can use it to return to your real birthplace. However, you can only use it once.

Severa: Er… Meaning that if we return to the future, we can no longer come back here?

Hydra: Yes. It is taboo for living humans to travel through space and time and remain in the lands there… I, too, don’t possess the power to send you through many times. The God that sent tens of people here at once… Possessed a huge amount of power.

Owain: To think we could return… To that place. But…

Inigo: But we can’t leave everyone behind. We can’t return by ourselves.

Severa: But… I want to place flowers onto the graves of my real parents… With my own hands…

Hydra: No… You don’t have to come up with an answer now. Think about it carefully before using it. It’s something to be decided after finishing the fight in that world.

Owain: …… …Okaaaaaay!! Then, let’s do our best!!

Inigo: Wah, Owain… What’s with you all of a sudden.

Severa: What are you doing! Suddenly being so loud, you surprised me!

Owain: We will end everything… That’s all we should be thinking of now. In order to do that, there’s no point in racking our minds here now, right? Now we should think about fulfilling our duty… Where we’ll return to, we’ll come back to later. This time, the 3 of us will go together. Time to think, and time to discuss… There’s surely plenty of it.

Inigo: Owain… …You’re right. It’s no time to be nostalgic about that place. Hydra gave us such an amazing repayment, so for his sake too… We must think about what we’ll do from now on, and go with strength!

Severa: …Well, you’re right. Dad and Mom are sending us off, I can’t stay here being so hesitant. I’ll believe in you, and follow you… I look forward to working together with you, Hydra!

Hydra: How reliable. I, too… Look forward to working with you. …Well, I’ll start the preparations to travel to my country. Wait for a while.

Owain: Okaaay!

Inigo: Then we'll wait over there!

Severa: Tell us when you’re done!

Hydra: Understood. …… …? This crest is… Did that tactician give this to me? Then, I gladly accept. There will surely be a day where their feelings will be of great help. …Surely.

Hydra: …… Huh… The pursuers didn’t manage to fulfill their mission… That guy… So he’s still alive… I thought that he had long disappeared, after separating from me… How annoying… What’s he planning this time…

???: …Lord Hydra.

Hydra: …It’s you. What business do you have with me.

???: He will return soon. With those people from another world.

Hydra: …I know. …… …I’ll leave it up to you to get rid of them. Use the troops as you wish.

???: …Yes.

[spoiler=Second map, before battle]

Hydra: Okay… We’ve arrived. …This is my country, Touma.

Owain: O-oi… Rocks are floating!?

Inigo: That lake is upside down…! W-what is happening…

Hydra: Haha, it’s expected that people from other worlds would find this strange.

Severa: …What a desolated place, do people even live here?

Hydra: …No. There’s hardly anything alive here. Things that linger around outside… Are limited to just soldiers that can’t be seen, Touma Soldiers.

Owain: Which are the pursuers that came to our world earlier?

Hydra: Yeah. Those were all troops of this country… Existences that make use of the dead.

Owain: They’re just like Risen.

Hydra: Once, this place was full of life… Now, it’s just a place where monsters roam.

Inigo: If you don’t mind? You just said that you’re a God. Could it be that you, mourning for this destroyed country, came to seek help from someone…?

Hydra: You’re half correct, and half wrong…

Inigo: Hm? What do you mean?

Hydra: …… …Before I answer you, I want you to listen to the story of a certain dragon.

Severa: Dragon…?

Hydra: Yeah. A story of the dragon that once built this country. That dragon loved humans… He bestowed wisdom unto them, along with long lifespans, and lived with them. In particular, he had a great relationship with the king. So good, that you could even say that the royal family and the dragon were part of a set. However… A few hundred years ago, the dragon realized that he was slowly being controlled by bestial impulses. Although he loved this country… He felt that every day, he was doing more and more to try to destroy it.

Severa: Bestial impulses… I’ve heard of that. Among my friends, there is one that has the ability to turn into a dragon… She said that… Regardless of her own rational thought, there are times where she just wants to go berserk. Are those bestial impulses?

Hydra: I suppose… I think it’s something quite similar. A dragon wields strong power, so also has strong impulses. In the event that he himself should be taken down, he left a song to the then-king of Touma.

Inigo: Huh… A song. What happens when it’s sung?

Hydra: It weakens the impulses and power within a dragon. The intermediary is the fragment of his dragon stone. Just in case, the dragon made sure that generations after generations of the royal family would be able to use the power he bestowed upon them, but… The last king of Touma was killed by the dragon without even getting to use that power.

Owain: It can’t be, that dragon…

Hydra: That’s right. …At first, it was just a slight rampage. The dragon, unable to suppress his impulses, accidentally destroyed an entire forest. Fortunately, there were no casualties… But the people blamed the dragon, and said that he’s dangerous and should be persecuted… And tried to kill him. At that time, the dragon thought… That people were detestable. Although the very reason they were able to live such bountiful lives was because of the power he had given them, they forgot that debt of gratitude and tried to kill him…

Owain: ……

Hydra: After that, the dragon secluded himself deep in the mountains all alone… While hating humans… He spent his time cursing their existence.

Severa: Somehow… It’s such a pitiful tale.

Owain: But it’s not as if I don’t understand the dragon’s feelings of hating humans…

Inigo: Yeah… If the people who he’d been getting along famously with up until then came to kill him, then it’s expected for him to think that way…

Hydra: Is that so… You guys are kind. The dragon, too, had people who would say similar things to him. They were this country’s king, and a member of the royal family… Only they believed in the dragon, and often went to see him in the mountains. They said that they would explain to the citizens about the dragon’s plight. However, the dragon didn’t possess the strength of heart to believe them… And killed the king with his very own hands.

Inigo: No way…

Hydra: With killing the king as a catalyst, the dragon fell into disorder and begun to destroy the entire kingdom. But at the end… With the last bit of reason he had left, the dragon cut off the “heart” he had before going insane. It took the form of a human, and was able to act with purpose different from the original body…That was… …Me.

Severa: Eeh!!?

Owain: Seriously!?

Inigo: T-then, Hydra is… The dragon that brought prosperity to this land… The perpetrator who made this kingdom like this…!?

Hydra: It’s all my fault for being unable to suppress the bestial impulses… I came to hate the people that loved me… I couldn’t even believe in the king who said he believed in me… It’s all because of my weak mind. Because of that, everyone… This country…!

Inigo: Hydra…

Hydra: …Apologies. I lost my composure. Let me continue. After separating from the main body of the deranged dragon, I lost my memories and just wandered around. At that time, the one who saved me was… The queen’s younger sister, Mikoto. Spending time together, we fell in love… And had a child.

Owain: What…? You have a child, Hydra?

Hydra: …Although I’ve never been called Father. Just before the Touma Kingdom was destroyed, I regained my memories from when I was the dragon… I told the entire truth to Mikoto, and her sister… I had Queen Shenmei and her child, and the rest escape to outside Touma. That was the last time I saw my child… That child was just born, and probably doesn’t remember me.

Severa: But Mikoto will tell your child about you, won’t she?

Hydra: No… I asked Mikoto not to tell that child about me.

Severa: Eh? Why?

Hydra: Isn’t it terrible? That your own father destroyed an entire country. I don’t want to make that child carry such a burden.

Inigo: Hydra… Doesn’t it hurt? Don’t you want to be called Father by that child?

Hydra: I guess… Saying that I don’t would be a lie. But, in this world… There are truths that should remain hidden.

Inigo: ……

Hydra: …But I digress. As I had Mikoto and the rest flee the country… My existence was revealed to the true body of Hydra. I had been running and hiding for a long time, awaiting a good chance, but… As my powers of foresight returned, I saw a vision of warriors in a distant world defeating an evil dragon. Then, as a sign of hope… I thought of calling out to that land.

Owain: So that’s how it was.

Hydra: But what you have just heard… Must never be said to anyone outside this world. If you do, you will also turn into foam and disappear.

Owain: Got it. My lips are sealed.

Hydra: Listen. From here on, let’s talk about work. First, I’d like you to go to the Kingdom of Hoshido.

Severa: The Kingdom of Hoshido…? Is that outside the Kingdom of Touma?

Hydra: Oh, you’re sharp. That’s right, the Kingdom of Hoshido is a place outside this country… It’s where Mikoto escaped to. That person will surely accept you guys with open arms. Then, travel with my child, and unite the 5 Sacred Treasures. If you do that, then one day you’ll be guided by fate… And will come to this land once more. At that time… I want you to defeat “me”, who has become a beast.

Severa: Defeat Hydra…!?

Hydra: That’s my true goal. Kill me… Kill “Touma Dragon Hydra”. I understand that dragon’s feelings… A hatred so strong that it won’t stop until all of humanity has been ruined, I understand it so much that it hurts. However, that is wrong. I am the one who should be ruined… Just like a child will eventually leave his parent’s side… I, too, must be dealt with.

Inigo: But…

Hydra: This is for the best. There’s no path other than this that can save the world. …I won’t let you refuse. Because you guys have already… Destroyed that evil dragon.

Owain: …… …I understand. Then, we must first get to know about Hydra’s child. Tell us about that child. What is their name?

Hydra: Ah, that’s right. The name is…

???: …So you were here. You imitation eyesore.

Hydra: !? You are…?

Lilith: …I’m Lilith. Daughter of Lord Hydra, his filial manservant.

Hydra: What did you say…!?

Severa: Eh? So Hydra’s child is this person!?

Hydra: No!! You… Who are you!?

Lilith: Didn’t I just say that? I’m Lord Hydra’s daughter… Different from a fragment like you, the legitimate daughter of the Touma Dragon.

Hydra: It can’t be… That deranged dragon had a child!?

Lilith: Oh my… You didn’t know? To think you couldn’t even predict this, what a disappointment you are. Well then, perhaps you don’t even know… Your child is now no longer in Hoshido, but in Nohr.

Hydra: In Nohr, you say!? You mean… That child was taken away, under the control of Nohr?

Lilith: ……

Hydra: Why… Then, the future I’ve seen up until now is…

Lilith: Fufu. That’s a nice expression. Imitation Lord Hydra… Your existence is an annoyance. Right here and now… Disappear.

Owain: Tch… Like I’d let you! Haaaah!!

Lilith: Out of the way, outsider.

Owain: Uwaah!?

Inigo: …Owain!! What nerve you have. …Haa!!

Lilith: ……

Inigo: !? That can’t be! My attacks won’t connect!?

Lilith: Yes. The power you had in your world cannot be used here. …Do you want to die that much?

Inigo: …!!

Hydra: Stop it!!

Lilith: Ah… Magic to stop my movements. …Although stopping my movements doesn’t even give you a chance to win…

Hydra: You guys… Use the crystal ball. If you do it now, you can still make it… Return to your world!!

Severa: Haa!? What the heck are you saying!?

Hydra: I’m sorry…! My power has weakened even more than I’d thought. If the daughter of the “true body” is here, then this world’s future… It’ll be much harsher than I predicted! …When this girl appeared, I saw visions… Including a future where you will all die!! I can’t possibly drag you into this any further… Into a world where there’s no chance of winning.

Owain: !!

Hydra: …It’s okay. I won’t tell you to return my compensation. Although it concerns me that I can’t give you more time to think about where you’ll return to… Thank you… For believing in me. Now, hurry…!!

Severa: W-what are you saying! We won’t go back… We definitely won’t go back!!

Hydra: What…!?

Severa: Are you an idiot!? You still can’t believe in people!? It’s not like it’s been decided that we’ll surely die! Just now, you said with regret that you weren't able to believe in humans, but… If it pains you that much, then you just have to make a different decision the next time!!

Inigo: Why’d you tell us to return…! We’ve decided that we would be your hope! We’ve always been living while gambling on hope. No matter how small it was, we were able to come this far by believing our hopes would be fulfilled! And no matter where it is, even in this world, we’ll show you that your hopes will be fulfilled!! So… Believe, Hydra!! Believe in us!!

Hydra: Believe…?

Owain: Yeah, that’s right!! We’ve long been prepared!! So give us power, right now! It doesn’t matter what name or appearance… Give us power that’ll let us fight in this world!! Rather than some future you’ve seen, believe in us who are right here, right now!

Severa: I-

Inigo: I-

Owain: I-

Owain: -Will fight for your sake!!!!

Hydra: …! Owain, Inigo, Severa… …… …I understand.

Lilith: …!?

Hydra: I’ll believe… I’ll believe in you too. With all of my belief… I grant you new power. –I am the God that rules over wisdom. The one who controls the origin world… To the light of hope from the land of rainbows, I grant new power. With the divine blessing of the Dragon God, your name is–

Odin: What!? My appearance changed…!? W-what the, my body feels so light!!

Lazward: Completely different from before… My whole body… The depths of my chest are filled with heat…!

Luna: This is this world’s… Hydra’s power…?

Hydra: Yeah. A power that encompasses my belief– Odin, Lazward, Luna… These are your new names.

Odin: Odin… It has a good ring to it. My blood is boiling…!

Lazward: Thank you, Hydra. For believing in us!

Luna: You can do it if you try! We’ll make sure… That you never regret believing in us!

Hydra: Yeah… Thank you. For making me believe in humans once more…

Odin: I sense the power…! I don’t feel like I’d lose to anyone now! You bastard, you sure had the guts to do that just now… Haaa!!

Lilith: …!!

Luna: The attack hit!!

Lazward: Hah, thank the Gods…! Now we can fight!!

Lilith: …With just something like that… Don’t get cocky…!

Luna: Man, again!? Persistent fellows…!

Lilith: It seems like you’re able to fight a little… But you won’t be able to keep up with them. I won’t let you go any further. The lot of you will die here!

Lazward: I won’t let that happen! We’ll go ahead… Sorry, but I’ll have you let us pass!!

Lazward: Hm? That is…?

Hydra: That is a dragon vein. A place where the earth’s energy is concentrated… In this world, only those with the blood of the Dragon can awaken that power.

Luna: Hmmm. Meaning, we can’t use it.

Hydra: No… There’s a way. I’ll give you my blood. If you drink this, your body will take in the blood of the Dragon God, and you’ll be able to use the dragon veins temporarily.

Odin: R-really! That’s amazing…

Luna: Temporarily, is how long exactly?

Hydra: Let’s see… Depending on the person, it can last for tens of years, and the effects can even pass onto offspring. But in this situation, there isn’t time to give you enough blood… With the amount of blood I’ll give you, it’ll last for a few years at most.

Lazward: Huh… That’s more than enough.

Odin: Enough to get past here. Thank you, Hydra!

[spoiler=Battle quotes]

Entering battle

Lazward: Bring it on…! I’ll test this new power on you. This new appearance makes me a little shy… But losing here would just be embarrassing. I’ll fight to the end, for the sake of Hydra who believed in us!

Odin: Err, it’s good to be able to attack, but I just can’t calm down without a sword… But this appearance isn’t bad… It’s so mystical, it makes my blood boil… Hff… Bring it on, invisible soldiers. I’ll make you fall victim to this new power…!

Luna: Fufu, I was a bit worried, but these clothes are pretty cute. It gets me fired up to wear such adorable clothes. Although as usual, I can’t let go of my weapon… I’m different today. Sorry, but I won’t hold back or anything.

Defeat

Lazward: Damn it… I couldn’t dodge it… Sorry… I’ll retreat for now…

Odin: Guh… Did I make a mistake in the control of my power... Sorry, I have to retreat…

Luna: Although I became so strong, how regrettable… It doesn’t seem like I have a choice but to retreat…

After using dragon vein

Lilith: Dragon vein…!? Why can they use that power…!? …That imitation must have given them blood. How much longer will he do these foolish things… Even if you do such things, you won’t change the fate that you will die here…

After using all 3 dragon veins

Hydra: What’s that…? I feel an enormous power from that dragon vein… …Right now, it may be possible to return this land to its former state.

Using 4th dragon vein

Lazward: !? I feel another new power. Is it because I activated that dragon vein…? I wonder what it is… This feeling. Now it feels like I can fight even better than normal. Okay… Leave the strong enemies to me. I’ll definitely be of help to everyone!

Odin: What power…! What is this, is it because of that dragon vein earlier? Right now, it feels like I could let loose a new ultimate attack or something…! Leave the battles to me!! The rest of these guys are my prey…!

Luna: Eh…!? Suddenly power is welling up. Is this an effect of that dragon vein? If I’ve gained new power again… Then I don’t feel like losing. Right now, I might be able to fight just like Mom…!

Attack boss

???: Just like Lady Lilith ordered… I’ll get rid of you.

Defeat boss

???: To think the outer world warriors would have such power...

[spoiler=Conversations between the 3]

Lazward – Odin

Lazward: Ah, Owain!

Odin: ……

Lazward: Hey Owain, there’s something I want you to hear…!

Odin: I am… Jet black Odin! Not Owain. That’s my true name which must be hidden… I am now a warrior of darkness clad in a veil of lies. …Geez. I’d like for you to not make such mistakes.

Lazward: Eh? Ah…! You’re right. I’m sorry.

Odin: So, what did you want, Inigo.

Lazward: …… …Not Inigo, Lazward.

Odin: Ah, sorry.

Lazward: Man… You can’t tell me off when you do the same. More importantly, it’s amazing. I noticed something after coming here…!

Odin: What is it? Your eyes are sparkling.

Lazward: I can dance.

Odin: Huh?

Lazward: I can dance!! I can! No, to be more precise… I can dance and give others strength… Perhaps saying that would be more accurate.

Odin: I have no idea what the heck you’re talking about! What does that even mean.

Lazward: Eh… Er… It’s embarrassing… But watch. …There.

Odin: !! What the… Just now, it’s like my power was amplified… There was a strange sensation…!!

Lazward: Right? As expected, it’s nowhere near the power of Mother’s… But I can finally be of some use to others! I’m so happy… Really happy…!

Odin: Yeah, I’m glad for you.

Lazward: I get the feeling that it’s mostly thanks to Hydra though. Ahaha…

Odin: No... That’s not true. That is your real ability. You’ve tried so hard, putting in so much hard work no matter where you were… You earned that power. At the very least, that’s what I think.

Lazward: Odin...

Odin: But to me, seeing you like this… Being able to ask for someone to watch you dance, is what makes me the happiest.

Lazward: ! T-Thanks…

Odin: Huh? Wait up… If you’ve become like this, does that mean… That there’s a possibility that I’ve also awakened some other new power…?

Lazward: That may be possible. Or rather, I think that’s definitely the case.

Odin: What…?! That really makes my blood boil…! To think there’d be a power sleeping within me that I’ve been unaware of…! M-my heart’s racing like crazy… Help me quell it by dancing.

Lazward: T-that seems impossible…

Odin: Ha… It’s a joke. I’ll search for my power after this… Getting through here comes first. That power you showed just now… Will you share it with me again?

Lazward: Of course. Let’s do our best, Odin!

Odin: Yeah, Lazward!

Lazward – Luna

Lazward: A moment if you please, Luna!!

Luna: What is it, Lazward? …Ah, you remembered my name.

Lazward: Ahaha, of course! I’ll never forget a girl’s name. You remembered my name too. Your new clothes suit you really well. Ah, that hair accessory is cute too!

Luna: Yes, yes, thank you very much. So, the fact that you came all the way here during a battle means you have some business to settle with me, right? Hurry up and spit it out.

Lazward: Ehh… How cold. But that’s also one of your good points. …Hey, there’s something I thought about after getting this appearance. I thought that Luna must feel the same way too…

Luna: …W-what.

Lazward: …… The shield on our arm… It’s really pretty isn’t it?

Luna: ! You’re right.

Lazward: It’s like, there isn’t a single scratch on it… I’ll be nervous when I get attacked.

Luna: I guess… The one before was covered in dents, so I never really paid any attention. Since it was the same one from when we were in the future.

Lazward: …When you think of it like that, it’s a little lonely. It’s a bit disheartening to part with something that’s been protecting us for so long.

Luna: Isn’t it fine? I’d been thinking of changing it sometime anyway. Besides, I’ve taken a liking to these new clothes and name. It’s different from how I was before, so it’s fun… Girls sometimes wish to go through a transformation, after all.

Lazward: I guess so. I do think that part of girls is really cute. But even if we change our appearance, change our names and wear different clothes… Luna… Is fine just as “Severa”. Because it’s a bit lonely to become another person… And pretend that everything up until now never happened.

Luna: …Don’t make fun of me. I won’t do that. …I won’t, surely.

Lazward: Really, then that’s good. Just one more thing… …All of us must survive together until the end. If we die here, then we’ll just be known in the previous world to be missing… We won’t be able to die as our true selves. So… This time, we must really survive, and go home.

Luna: This time, we must survive and return… Huh. …I wonder how many times I’ve had that thought. Don’t worry. I won’t lose… And you won’t either. All of us will definitely be able to return together.

Lazward: …Yeah! I feel relieved after talking to you. I’ll watch you fight, being both cute and cool!

Luna: Hmmm… You sure seem relaxed. Then I’ll watch you too. Until you tell me to stop, I’ll be staaaaaaaaaaaaaring at you!

Lazward: T-that’s embarrassing…!

Odin – Luna

Luna: There you are, Odin.

Odin: Oh, Severa!

Luna: …It’s Luna. You… I can’t believe it, but don’t tell me you only remember your own name?

Odin: S-sorry…

Luna: Well whatever. More importantly… You’ve become a dark mage. Yes, looking good. That mantle is really nice.

Odin: Heh… It makes me happy to hear you say that. You’re really a mercenary.

Luna: Yeah, and thankfully, it’s easy to fight. I can just use techniques I’ve always been using. Are you okay? If you’re not used to it, I’ll help you out.

Odin: No… There’s no need for worry. It’s true that I miss my sword, but the sensation of magical power filling my body is like the dawn sky filling with the light of daybreak…

Luna: Meaning?

Odin: Feels great.

Luna: Is that so… Then I’m relieved. …It’s hard to say, but I’ll be relying on that power of yours.

Odin: I-is that so?

Luna: Rather than all 3 of us swinging around swords, isn’t it better if at least one of us is different? Maybe I… Would’ve been better off becoming a Pegasus knight as you said, using spears… Although my name and looks have changed, my silly stubbornness remains… I’m like an idiot.

Odin: Luna… …Heh, it can’t be helped. It’s rare for you to say such things. I think it’s fine… For you to continue wielding a sword.

Luna: Eh?

Odin: After all, you’re so strong… If you stay the same, it puts me at ease. Also, I think you’re cool. No matter where you are or who you are, you possess the strength to persist on the same path. That is… Not something that anyone can do. …I’m counting on you, strong warrior. I always have been, and will too from now on.

Luna: …… …T-Thanks. You speak in a long-winded manner as usual… But I know you’re trying to cheer me up. If you go that far… I’ll let you rely on me, okay?

Odin: Heh, not bad. I’m counting on you, Luna!

[spoiler=Second map, after battle]

Luna: …We were able to escape somehow.

Lazward: The two of you… Are you okay?

Odin: Yeah, somehow. This much is simple enough.

Lilith: Oh my, did you think that was the end? …Foolish humans. The soldiers that Lord Hydra gave me are infinite. …Now, shall we continue?

Odin: It can’t be, do you still intend to fight…!?

Luna: Stop fooling around…

Lazward: There’s no end to them. But… We have to fight.

Hydra: …… No… That’s enough. The 3 of you. There’s no more need to fight… I’ll now send you to Nohr.

Odin: What… Nohr!? But just now, you said Hoshido…

Luna: Or rather… What about you!? What will you do!?

Hydra: I… Will remain here. At any rate, I don’t have the power to interfere with the outside world. There was more I wished to tell you, but... I’m really sorry. We will… Part ways here.

Lazward: No way…!

Hydra: Listen… First, go to the imperial castle of Nohr! If you show your power there, you can become the retainers of the royal family! If you do that… Surely… Surely you’ll be near that child…

Lilith: …Enough talk!

Hydra: Gah!!

Lazward: Hydra…!!

Hydra: … The next time we meet, it’ll be as enemies. You must return here. I believe in you. No matter how cruel fate is to you… You guys… Will come to kill me.

Hydra: I believe in you… Odin, Lazward, Luna…

Lilith: …I let the outsiders get away. Really, you are… Such a hindrance to that person. But that too will end now. You will die here! Imitation Lord Hydra!!!!!!!

Hydra: ……!

Lilith: …… I can’t deal the final blow… Why…? Because he is the same existence as that person…? That… Can’t be… To think that I can’t carry out my duty…!

Hydra: …What’s wrong? If you’re going to kill me, then hurry up and do it. If the last thing I see is “my beloved daughter”, then there’s no greater happiness…

Lilith: …! What’s with that… Don’t say things such as “beloved daughter” so casually! Although I was always by Lord Hydra’s side, he never even once acknowledged me… You’ve never even know me until now, so there’s no way you’ll love me!!

Hydra: …Lilith?

Lilith: …… I… Have never been loved even once ever since I was born. Although I’m his real daughter… I’m nothing more than a sacrificial pawn to him. I was oppressed, used as a slave, and no matter how hard I worked so that I may be praised… I couldn’t even once get him to speak to me! Despite that… You, who are the same existence as him… Called me your beloved daughter… Of course I’d waver! Of course I’d feel like… Disobeying his orders…!

Hydra: Lilith... …… Apologies… I’ve hurt your feelings. I’m sorry for not noticing until now…

Lilith: …! Let go of me…! I’ll really kill you, you know!?

Hydra: Okay, go ahead and kill me. If that will be proof of my love for you… You can kill me as many times as you’d like. …Please believe me, Lilith. I love you. I want to show you how much I love you… Enough to make up for the pain I’ve caused you. I want to show you what it’s like to be loved. I really feel that way. Because… I’m your father.

Lilith: …… You’re so despicable… You’re softhearted, stupidly honest and righteous… The type that I hate the most. …… You win… …Father. I… Can’t kill you…

Hydra: Lilith…

Lilith: …… …Ugh!?

Hydra: What happened!?

Lilith: I-it can’t be…! Lord… Hydra… Do you… Intend to erase me… I just wanted… To call this person… To call you Father… Is even that unforgivable…… Ugh…! Aaaaaaah…!!!

Hydra: Lilith, pull yourself together, Lilith…!

Lilith: Please get away from me…! It’s… Enough… You said… You loved… A slave… Like me… Just that is enough… To make me…. Make me happy…

Hydra: I won’t let this happen…! I will save you!

Lilith: …Fa…ther…!?

Hydra: … Are you okay… Lilith…? Does it… Hurt anywhere…?

Lilith: I’m fine…

Hydra: Thank goodness…

Lilith: It can’t… Be…… …Father, why… If you negate that person’s curse… Even you won’t be unharmed… Despite that…!!

Hydra: No… It’s fine… After all… I’m about to disappear anyway. So, if this life… Could be used for your sake… I’m satisfied.

Lilith: I’m sorry… Father… Because… Because of me…! Sob…! Aah…!!

Hydra: Don’t cry… Lilith… At least for my final moments… Show me your smile…

Lilith: S-something like that… I can’t do it…! Please don’t die… I beg you… Please don’t disappear for someone like me…!

Hydra: Haha… What a helpless… Daughter… I want to stay by your side… And protect you forever, but… I’ll soon… Be unable to do anything… I won’t be able to… Go anywhere… Or atone for anything… I won’t… Be able to believe in anything… Sorry, Lilith… Sorry… Mikoto… …Sorry… ……Kamui……

Lilith: !! Father!? No… No way…!! Father…!!!! FATHER!!

Lilith: Sob… Ahh… Father…… …… …Kamui… I’m sure… That what Father said… My… One and only elder sibling… And… Father’s final regret… In that case… In return, I will protect my elder sibling… Just like Father protected me, it will now be my turn to protect you. Kamui… Even if you never notice that I’m your little sister, I will always be by your side. I will guide and protect you. …Lord Hydra, I am deeply sorry. Please forgive your pathetic daughter for betraying you. But as my last act of loyalty to you, when Kamui eventually reaches this land… I won’t reveal a single thing about you. …… …As I am now, I don’t have the power to chase after those people. I’ll head to where the Star Dragons live… To the Star World. Perhaps they will take me in… The fleeting light of the Star Dragons guides travellers… If I can receive their divine protection… Then surely I, too, can become a light for Kamui. …No matter what kind of punishment awaits me. ……Farewell, Lord Hydra…

Hydra: …… …So Lilith has left. That foolish pawn… Although leaving this place will make her lose huge amounts of power just like I would… …Well, whatever. In any case, that pawn is destined to die. Whatever Kamui chooses… The end of the journey won’t even come into sight. …Same goes for the warriors from the outside world that have gained power. The one who will win is me… Wretched humans… I’ll send every single one of them to oblivion… I’ll start wars, make them despair, bring about destruction… That is my desire…!! Fufufu… Hahahaha!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Hydra: …… …… …… …Ugh… yOU MuST… come To kILL mE… oDin, LAZwaRd… LunA… anD… kaMUi… I wiLL be WAitinG hERE… FoR EvER… And eVER… WaITIng… foR ThE Time WE MeET agAIN… I… i….. forEvER… …… …I believe in you. …… …… ……

And thus, the Touma Dragon, once known as the Dragon of Wisdom, went completely insane…

His reason and heart were lost forever.

This is the story that “you” know.

However, a long time ago, in a far, invisible country, you had a “father”

And now, seemingly close yet seemingly far from your side, you have a “sister”

These facts are unknown to “you”.

–The true story continues in the main game–

Edited by teddybearyt

Ah, I just finished writing a full on summary for this, but I am sure people will prefer a full text translation to look at. Best of luck : ) Looking good so far from the skim.

Yep, I saw, but I just wanted to write something people could follow line by line. Thanks for the summary and all the hard work!

Ah, I just finished writing a full on summary for this, but I am sure people will prefer a full text translation to look at. Best of luck : ) Looking good so far from the skim.

Thanks for writing that, I was really curious as to what was going on during the stream.

Thanks for the hard work : )

Huh, I quite liked the story personally. Although it does add a bunch of extra plot holes into the mixture.

Besides that...

I'm curious about the Star/Astral Dragons, but I doubt we'll get a chance to know who they are.

Are they the predecessors of Hydra/Anankos or the same thing? Or something else entirely?

Since Anankos's daughter Lilith is an Astral Dragon, I'm sure there must be some connection...

Thanks for the hard work : )

Huh, I quite liked the story personally. Although it does add a bunch of extra plot holes into the mixture.

Besides that...

I'm curious about the Star/Astral Dragons, but I doubt we'll get a chance to know who they are.

Are they the predecessors of Hydra/Anankos or the same thing? Or something else entirely?

Since Anankos's daughter Lilith is an Astral Dragon, I'm sure there must be some connection...

I admit I want to know where this Astral Dragon world is.

Isn't Hydra's Blood called First Dragon Blood? It could be that he's one of the very first dragons. He failed to become a spirit like most of the other dragons, Dragonstones were unable to contain his power, and the royalty of Touma who he taught to weaken him and his power weren't capable of removing his growing power either. Literally everything he tried always ended in failure.

I have a feeling he might have even removed parts of himself as an attempt to weaken himself too since Lilith is his insanity, but he's still clearly insane.

Me too. I mean, it's cool that the Astral Realm (where you encounter most of the children) is basically space.

Anankos is indeed a "First Dragon" or, in the Japanese version "Divine Ancestral Dragon". I don't actually know if by "Ancestral" (or "Progenitor", if you prefer that), they're referring to being the ancestor of humans (as in the Hoshido/Nohr family) or ancestor of dragons.

From the sounds of things, it could be both. Since Anankos mentions being the ruler of the "origin world", which on the other hand I guess could be referring to the world of humans, rather than dragons.

Basically, it's all terribly vague...

I would really like it if Anankos was indeed one of the first dragons in existence, as it would kinda mess up the origin story of Radiant Dawn.

There's also the lore related to the Rainbow Sage and the "12 Dragons" in the main story (mainly Invisible Kingdom though).

If I read it right, the 12 Dragons fought between themselves for supremacy and the Rainbow Sage crafted the 5 Divine Weapons for humans and got them involved with the dragon war.

I'm curious if this is based off Jugdral's lore (since there are 12 dragons there, but they band together to stop Loptyr) or Elibe (dragons and humans fight, but there are more than 5 weapons).

Of course, there's the deal with the dragons degenerating, which is too obviously a throwback to Archanea and Elibe' lore. Only difference is that dragons can become spirits (although Naga sort of did that in Awakening), but dragonstones still exist.

(Disclaimer: In case nothing fits together, consult the Outrealms.)

Edited by VincentASM

Yeah it is a tad vague, but I can see why he would do that considering he's in a rush to explain things to them since he's used to be chased down by IK troops. Part 2 taking place in the middle of enemy territory even so he doesn't have the time to be detailed. The Awakening kids being implemented into the story isn't a smooth transition, but at least we do get backstory on Hydra and learn that he truly did mean well and that this is just a tragic circumstance.

Outrealms is the best conclusion considering what we know about how time travel works. You can go into the past to change things, but it means your world is basically an alternate timeline. Happens to Lucina and the kids, the alternate Future Past ones, and the worlds they go to in the other DLC that are mentioned in some Fate supports between the Awakening Kids.

I will be amused if Hydra's blood last long enough to pass on to their kids to create their own Hydra legacy when they go back. Ophelia even having two dragon legacies.

Story-wise it makes sense to keep things vague, but I can't help but think it was a wasted opportunity XD

Like if IS really wanted to, they could easily create a situation to explain things properly. But I guess keeping things vague helps to create speculation (and hand-wave plot holes). Because it'd be boring if we were spoon-fed everything.

I still think we need a DLC for the Rainbow Sage...

[spoiler=Plot twist]What if he's an incarnation of Naga?

Edited by VincentASM