Translation patches

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#121 shadowofchaos

shadowofchaos

Apparently a Wiffle-Waffle

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

Even if it's a response to the other post that was like a month old...

They aren't. The supports for FE6 are all finished. Where'd you get the 95% from?

Probably with this:

There are supports that are just plain screwed up.

#122 Kyusil

Kyusil

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sword of Seals

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

Which version of FCEUltra are you using? Nestopia is ancient man D: And soft-patching should be supported for that emulator... though regardless, which translation are you using? There's a couple for FE1. Since the mapper seems to have changed with the patch, were you supposed to expand the ROM before applying the patch? The mapper could have been changed so the game can access a larger range of data.

Ah, my bad. It's FCEUX, ver. 2.0. I think I'd tried soft-patching, at the start, but I might have skimmed over it with this emulator, so I'll try again. I'm using Quirino's translation, the one provided at the beginning of this thread. I don't know anything about ROM expansion, but from the searches I've done just now it looks like a rather involved process for NES ROMs in particular.

ETA: Okay, turns out I'm just really stupid. The original ROM I'd downloaded appeared to be Chinese (perhaps a pirated copy) and despite having taken a year's worth of Japanese, I didn't notice the difference... here I was wondering why there was so much kanji in the game. I've since downloaded a proper version and everything works perfectly. Thanks for the help, anyway. XD;

Edited by Kyusil, 31 January 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#123 Celice

Celice

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:N/A

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:08 AM

Awesome :) And I'm actually sure that the Chinese version is a really hacked-up Japanese version. The text has that pirate-y feel but the gameplay and animations aren't as choppy. They probably just implemented their own text routines and stuff. I forget the name of the pirate group that the Chinese version reminds me of... Wai-Xing? They do all the cool pirates, like Chrono Trigger on the NES, and windows95 on the NES too XD

#124 darkdruid07

darkdruid07

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:24 AM

thanks alot u guys!
making fire emblem understandable for ppl who dont knw japanese....
its a noble deed...
may your blades stay sharp!

#125 arromdee

arromdee

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Dark Dragon and Sword of Light

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

The "project page" link to Sword of Seals goes to a page which claims to be July 24, 2008, Prologue 100%, and Tutorial 100%.
The link on that project page to downloads goes to a 2.0 version which claims to be August 26, 2005, Prologue 0%, and Tutorial 100%.
The "download patch" link to Sword of Seals goes to a 2.1 version which claims to be July 17, 2006, Prologue 100%, and Tutorial 95%.

It's not exactly clear which is the latest version, although I would guess that the 2.1 is latest and that 2008 date is just wrong.

Edited by arromdee, 26 February 2012 - 06:33 PM.

#126 VincentASM

VincentASM

Heartbunny Muse

• Administrator
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:New Mystery of the Emblem

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:12 AM

Oh yeah, the latest version is the 2.1 patch. It's explicitly stated in this topic ^^

Download patch - Mirror (latest version; download this!)

I can clear up the confusion with the dates though.

The project page from 2008 is a copy of the original project page from 2006. The original project used to be on EFED or another site, but it closed down and FESS carried it over. However it seems like FESS used an outdated patch (2005) for some reason.

Edited by VincentASM, 27 February 2012 - 08:13 AM.

#127 freshprince

freshprince

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

I can't patch the Fire emblem 4 one, or rather I don't know how to. The game works fine without the patch of course but when I click on the downloaded patch it says there is an error and the emulator Snes has stopped working whenever I use it.

#128 freshprince

freshprince

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

Awesome nothing still.

#129 Celice

Celice

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

You might have a bad rom dump, or maybe more likely, your patch is intended for a rom with a header, which yours does not have, or the opposite--intended for a rom without a header and the one you've got does have one.

What does the readme for the translation say on the subject?

#130 Quirino

Quirino

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

Twilkitri's Fire Emblem 4 patch is only for a rom with a header. So you probably have a rom without header. You can use SNEStool to add one easy.

#131 ZeroUnleashed

ZeroUnleashed

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

Are the patches listed on the first page the most up to date patches on serenes? If not where are the newly updated ones. I've seen forums about FE1 and FE4 being updated recently and I was wondering if these are still the same ones for those updates?

#132 Sammy Shocker

Sammy Shocker

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

Downloaded FE6 Rom on Boycott Advance, works, but Japanese only. Was unsuccesful softpatching it, and my Mac won't allow me to hardpatch it with the ones suggested.
What do I do now?

#133 ApacheMan2K

ApacheMan2K

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

Hi. I'm ApacheMan2K, and I've been having trouble with "Fire Emblem: Riddle of the Emblem". When I got both versions of the patch and applied them to the correct .sfc files using IPSWin and IPSEXE and tried playing on my SNESGT emulator, but both versions of the ROM caused the program to crash. What is the best way to patch this "Fire Emblem" when running it on SNESGT?

#134 shadowofchaos

shadowofchaos

Apparently a Wiffle-Waffle

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:54 PM

Hi. I'm ApacheMan2K, and I've been having trouble with "Fire Emblem: Riddle of the Emblem". When I got both versions of the patch and applied them to the correct .sfc files using IPSWin and IPSEXE and tried playing on my SNESGT emulator, but both versions of the ROM caused the program to crash. What is the best way to patch this "Fire Emblem" when running it on SNESGT?

Mystery of the Emblem, you mean?

FE3?

I suggest LunarIPS for patching with the IPS patches to the ROM?

#135 ApacheMan2K

ApacheMan2K

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

Mystery of the Emblem, you mean?

FE3?

I suggest LunarIPS for patching with the IPS patches to the ROM?

Tried it, on both versions. SNESGT still crashes. And yes, I meant "Mystery of the Emblem". ^^;

#136 Celice

Celice

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

There are two versions of the game, a 1.0 and a 1.1. Do you have the correct version of the game? Also, your patch may not work if your ROM has a header (or if it doesn't and the patch expects one!).

The readme for the patch should specify which version of the game you'll need, and whether it needs a header or not.

#137 ApacheMan2K

ApacheMan2K

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

There are two versions of the game, a 1.0 and a 1.1. Do you have the correct version of the game? Also, your patch may not work if your ROM has a header (or if it doesn't and the patch expects one!).

The readme for the patch should specify which version of the game you'll need, and whether it needs a header or not.

I tried both versions, but after what you just said, I'm beginning to think neither ROM has a header. I don't know much about applying headers or anything, so ... what are some suitable programs for creating headers? Or would you go with the one mentioned in the ReadMe file? Most of all, what's the best way to tell if a ROM has a header or not?

Edited by ApacheMan2K, 09 July 2012 - 11:02 PM.

#138 VincentASM

VincentASM

Heartbunny Muse

• Administrator

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:42 AM

A headered FE3 ROM is 3,146,240 bytes in size exactly.

If it's a bit smaller (but still 3 MB), it doesn't have a header and if it's significantly smaller than 3 MB, it's probably compressed.

SNESTool is about the only program that I know for adding headers. It's a bit old though and I'm not sure if it's now defunct.

#139 ApacheMan2K

ApacheMan2K

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

A headered FE3 ROM is 3,146,240 bytes in size exactly.

If it's a bit smaller (but still 3 MB), it doesn't have a header and if it's significantly smaller than 3 MB, it's probably compressed.

SNESTool is about the only program that I know for adding headers. It's a bit old though and I'm not sure if it's now defunct.

The unpatched version of the ROM file is about 3.15 MB. So, does it need a header?

#140 VincentASM

VincentASM

Heartbunny Muse

• Administrator

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

Whoa, I didn't expect that file size. Well, there's something clearly wrong, because the ROM I've got (which patches normally) is 3.00 MB.

I can only guess you've got a prepatched, maybe Chinese, ROM.

You'll probably have to obtain a ROM from a different location and then check to see if the file size matches.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users