Polygon confirms: bathhouses, swim suits are still in.

Supercredit

Over on reddit the streamer from polygon started an AMA with a few image links as well. Seems some very american refrences are included in dialogue as well. Reina seems to be a loveable sadist type like henry (almost).

No more name confirmations yet :/

Edited by eclipse
Name spoilers are still spoilers.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not surprised that the bath area is still in. I actually don't mind this one at all. It maybe fanservice, but it's honestly just as much a realistic thing as it is fanservice. Even in the middle of a war, soldiers will want to relax and wash up between battles, and hundreds of years ago, the way to do that was the bath pools.

The GamExplain Losing to Lucina video which unfortunately isn't working for a lot of people ends with a clip of him walking into Elise in the hot spring. If you fast forward to the end.

This isn't my link someone else (Esme) posted this in the compilation of voice clips thread but it should work.

https://a.pomf.cat/hiswlk.webm

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

oh my god aigis you dont just touch a child's back

[spoiler=Bath House Spoilers (Male and Female. Don't shoot me)]

906b930be3.jpg

Corrin your baby sister wants to spend time with you wtf why you runnin'

Hell, if Elise is like an adult now, who's to say Hayato isn't actually 20 or something.

ZTDKM2G.png

I thought this was a joke! There's no way the writing can be this awful all the time, right?

"YES, THE ADULT YOU ARE, AS OPPOSED TO A CHILD WHICH YOU LOOK LIKE. BY THE WAY, HOW'S THE KIDS?"

Edited by Thane

Sadly, Thane, its no joke. Its an awful shoehorned excuse, and doesn't make a good impression early in the game… no one would believe this….

Elise should not have existed in her current form… she really, at a minimum, should have been something closer to 16-18.

Edited by astrophys

is this real

please tell me this isn't real

Its real. And as funny as it sounds, considering the situation and his Japanese character, I find this a pretty sad localization. Then again, Pieri and Yuugiri are now Henry 2.0s, so I guess why not add some of those qualities over to Izana.

Reina seems like a scary choice to marry now...

Also, am I the only one who's confused as to what Izana's dialogue is supposed to mean?

Edited by KazeNinja17

Uh... Okay, I get that in medieval times, a girl was considered a woman at like 14 or so. But SERIOUSLY, Elise looks freaking 12.

I think she just looks young for her age like me. I may be a senior who's 18, but people mistake me for an 8th grader ALL THE TIME.

It's a reference to the Pest.

Explains why it went over my head. Never heard of the Pest until today.

I don't know, she might be fun if you know what I mean

I like pretty much all the localization changes thus far, mostly because I like humor, even when it's really dumb.

Agreed. I don't mind Nintendo being tongue-in-cheek with certain characters. Plus, Izana to my understanding is supposed to be eccentric, so I expect some comic relief from him.