Recollection of Bubbles

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me KamuKamu Corrinfirmation with two Kanna's please.

Parents don't exist in Memories of Foam/Recollection of Bubbles unless they appear as bosses since all parents in those DLC Chapters are dead. Only playable characters in those 6 maps are the children from the alternative timeline. From pictures and the teaser trailer, we only know that 6-7 children appear for real.

Looking forward to dark lord ophelia's bloodsoaked path to world domination. (Or whatever the actual plot is)

Dark Lord? Children appear to be in their base classes from the trailer showing the DLC, don't know how they will promote at all so I'm confused.

Parents don't exist in Memories of Foam/Recollection of Bubbles unless they appear as bosses since all parents in those DLC Chapters are dead. Only playable characters in those 6 maps are the children from the alternative timeline. From pictures and the teaser trailer, we only know that 6-7 children appear for real.

Dark Lord? Children appear to be in their base classes from the trailer showing the DLC, don't know how they will promote at all so I'm confused.

shadowofchaos was joking that if there were both Kanas in the DLC chapter, that would mean a male Corrin married a female Corrin.

Sigh, I wish they were more creative with this... It's too similar to the Future Past, and it doesn't fit in as well with the rest of the story like the Future Past did. On the other hand, gimme that Point Blank scroll so I can put it on Takumi :D

Anyone know specifically when the DLC is supposed to go live? It's the 16th in Japan right now.

Coming from an NA player, I don't know. Most of us who aren't JP owners of the game are still pondering if the DLC is still being completed before being released.

Nintendo usually releases DLC in the afternoon (in the Japanese timezone), probably so people getting out of school can go immediately or something. That would be really late night for America I think. Too lazy to calculate.

Nintendo usually releases DLC in the afternoon (in the Japanese timezone), probably so people getting out of school can go immediately or something. That would be really late night for America I think. Too lazy to calculate.

Well, JP should get it sometime soon for this DLC batch. Outside of JP, not for quite a long time since the entire first section of DLC hasn't been released yet. All the better to discuss possible ideas for what happens in the upcoming DLC.

Some gameplay spoilers. Unfortunately I don't really have time to play during the week.

They seem to be fixed stat, with the kids mostly around unpromoted level 10. There's a lot of Valla or Faceless enemies, some with a skill or 2, at least on lunatic.

Map 1 is Female Kana (with Noble Yato), Kiragi (with Fuujin Yumi), Selkie, Mitama (pink hair, children otherwise mostly have their parent's color), Hisame. Vs. Siegbert (with Siegfried), Velouria, Ignatius, Soleil, Percy. The enemy children are all “invisible”. It’s on the map where you fight Xander in Birthright.

Map 2 is Male Kana (a Feral Dragon, though not as high stats as usual), Forrest (with Brynhildr), Sophie, Dwyer, Ophelia, Nina vs. Shiro (SM with Ryoma armor and Raijinto. He has Spear Fighter skills in addition to Samurai.), Asugi, Midori, Caeldori, Rhajat, also all “invisible” enemies. It’s the map where you fight Ryoma in Conquest.

Map 3 is (normal) Shiro’s group of 5 vs. (invisible) Male Kana’s group (he has Grim Yato and a Dragonstone now). It’s the map where you fight Leo in Birthright. Asugi has Gaius' hair, Rhajat has Tharja's, Caeldori has Cordelia's.

Edited by XeKr

A bit more map info to add to the above:

Map 1: Objective is Defeat Boss (Siegbert). He's holed himself up in the center region with Velouria and a couple maids. Hmmm... You start in the south, and the only keys are held by stationary Knights in the north. All enemies are Nohrian classes. West has more enemies but also an Armorslayer drop (Soleil).

Map 2: Objective is all units escape, through the hallway in the north. Shiro seems happy to chill in the center; the southern door opens immediately, but the north is linked to Asugi (Northwest) and Caeldori (Northeast). All enemies are Hoshidan classes (and an automaton).

Map 3: Objevtive is Defeat Boss (both Kana and Forrest). Enemies are mostly Faceless and Stoneborn with a few Nohrians thrown in, at first at least (reinforcements spawn from the pools).

Interestingly, Shigure gives a fully-voiced opening narration for each of them. Also,

Female Kana's group meets up with Shiro's group at the end of Map 3 as they stare down Invisible Male Kana's group. Weird. (Then she upgrades to Blazing Yato) Meanwhile Shigure seems to be somewhere in Valla.

A bit more map info to add to the above:

Map 1: Objective is Defeat Boss (Siegbert). He's holed himself up in the center region with Velouria and a couple maids. Hmmm... You start in the south, and the only keys are held by stationary Knights in the north. All enemies are Nohrian classes. West has more enemies but also an Armorslayer drop (Soleil).

Map 2: Objective is all units escape, through the hallway in the north. Shiro seems happy to chill in the center; the southern door opens immediately, but the north is linked to Asugi (Northwest) and Caeldori (Northeast). All enemies are Hoshidan classes (and an automaton).

Map 3: Objevtive is Defeat Boss (both Kana and Forrest). Enemies are mostly Faceless and Stoneborn with a few Nohrians thrown in, at first at least (reinforcements spawn from the pools).

Interestingly, Shigure gives a fully-voiced opening narration for each of them. Also,

Female Kana's group meets up with Shiro's group at the end of Map 3 as they stare down Invisible Male Kana's group. Weird. (Then she upgrades to Blazing Yato) Meanwhile Shigure seems to be somewhere in Valla.

Ok the story is kinda twist , about Shigure scene maybe is In valla to learn the fourth song (i hear this will be a exclusive song in this dlc like id hope from awakening)

Now I just need someone to translate this so I can understand what's going on >D

why... are velouria and siegbert invisible enemies?

and about the CGs, Dwyer looks the best and shigure looks great too but his legs...? Forrest really does look weird... :[

By the way, do we actually have a formal name for this DLC?

Around here and the Fire Emblem Wiki and such, I've seen Recollection of Bubbles, Memories of Foam, and Ephemeral Memories? Do we have a consensus or something?

There's no official English name. Different fan names are probably because something will be lost in translation. The proper name is 泡沫の記憶編, or "utakata no kioku hen". You can ignore "hen" (it's just a literary suffix, equivalent to "tale of" or "chapter"), and "kioku" can be translated as "memories" or "recollections" depending on how poetic you feel, but "utakata" is both a noun meaning "bubbles" and an adjective meaning "ephemeral (as a soap bubble)". "Ephemeral Memories" keeps the latter meaning, but loses the water theme that ties it to Azura ("Aqua" in Japanese); it's worth noting that the story is narrated by Shigure. And while not a direct translation, using "foam" is evocative of

[spoiler=Birthright]mermaids dying by turning into foam, not unlike Azura at Birthright's end and what very well might have happened in this timeline

So take your pick.

Feels like the story is all over the place. If there even is one. I hope it all links together but I can't read or understand it until it gets dubbed/subbed.

People try to figure out what happens by looking at the Japanese videos but only those that can understand Japanese will be able to read what the text that shows up says.

Does anybody know what the full rewards for all 6 maps are besides the Point Blank scroll?

For Map 1 you get Skill Taker and Luck Taker, Map 2 you get Magic Taker and Map 3 you get Strength Taker. More then likely for Maps 4-6, we will get the other three taker skills.

Does anybody know what the full rewards for all 6 maps are besides the Point Blank scroll?

First one gives Lucktaker and Skilltaker, second gives Magictaker, third gives Strengthtaker.

Feels like the story is all over the place. If there even is one. I hope it all links together but I can't read or understand it until it gets dubbed/subbed.

It does link together.

Here's a summary from /vg/:

Part 1 takes place at the end of Hoshido, after Azura disappears, but the parents haven't taken the kids out of the refrigerator yet. They go to the refrigerator but invisible soldiers fuck them up, and they tell the kids to run away. The royals give their weapons to the kids, and the kids end up in the Fates world. Kiragi, FKana, Mitama, Selkie, and Hisame fight invisible soldiers, but some of them are Nohrian kids; Ignatius, Velouria, Soleil, Siegbert, and Percy. Azura appears as a ghost and tells Kana to think about what's happening.

Part 2 is the same, but with Nohrian kids and some neutrals. Sophie and Dwyer are trying to un-dragon MKana, who's rampaging after he was separated from his mom. Ophelia, Nina, and Forrest join in and they have to escape Ryoma's chapter 25 map while going through Asugi, Rhajat, Swordmaster Shiro, Midori, and Caeldori. Azura appears as a ghost again.

Part 3 is after Part 1, but you control the enemy kids from Part 2 in Leo's Birthright map and fight the good kids from Part 2. Kana, Kiragi, and the rest appear to help Shiro and the rest escape. Azura goes to Shigure and teaches him the fourth song, while telling him about Hydra's predecessor, Ryuurei.

The last three parts will be released on the 23rd in Japan. Part 4 will probably be about the enemy kids from Part 1, and then Part 5 and 6 will probably be them all uncovering the truth.

I think Hydra or Ryuurei is fucking with them and making them unable to realize that their enemies aren't actually Invisible Soldiers or even being controlled by Hydra; they're being pitted against each other just because the others look aggressive to them, and Parts 2 and 3 are literally the same event but from different warped perspectives.

For Map 1 you get Skill Taker and Luck Taker, Map 2 you get Magic Taker and Map 3 you get Strength Taker. More then likely for Maps 4-6, we will get the other three taker skills.

Huh, not bad. Now I'm curious about the latter 3 maps.

so.. No Proximity Shot skill as rewards?