What is this negative chain that I've been hearing about in Lunatic?

GuiltyLove

It stacks stats debuff on enemy units

For example chapter 25 against ninjas. Each ninja reduces your ninja stats by ninja -4

Assuming you get ninja hits by the ninja Shuriken which includes Spy Ninja Shuriken which hit you from Ninja 1-3 it looks like this

1 Ninja hits = -4 STR SKL DEF REC or something, 4 turn recovery

2 Ninja hits = - 8, 8 turn recovery

3 Ninja hits = - 12, 12 turn recovery

Theres also Yumi dolls with Spy Yumi who can reduce your stats by 2 and attack from 3 range.

Finally this same chapter had a restriction where Ryoma didn't move until 20 turns. You need to complete 2 room, filled with these on varying amounts in a total of 20 turns

In other words theres are 2 solution for chapter 25, kill Ryoma, or have a Shurikenbreaker

Finally in Chapter Endgame, there are 3 Enfeeble staff with Staff Savant which gives infinite staff use, and 1-10 staff range.

3 Focused Enfeeble is -12 to all stats. Its as brutal as it sounds

Edited by JSND

It stacks stats debuff on enemy units

For example chapter 25 against ninjas. Each ninja reduces your ninja stats by ninja -4

Assuming you get ninja hits by the ninja Shuriken which includes Spy Ninja Shuriken which hit you from Ninja 1-3 it looks like this

1 Ninja hits = -4 STR SKL DEF REC or something, 4 turn recovery

2 Ninja hits = - 8, 8 turn recovery

3 Ninja hits = - 12, 12 turn recovery

Theres also Yumi dolls with Spy Yumi who can reduce your stats by 2 and attack from 3 range.

Finally this same chapter had a restriction where Ryoma didn't move until 20 turns. You need to complete 2 room, filled with these on varying amounts in a total of 20 turns

In other words theres are 2 solution for chapter 25, kill Ryoma, or have a Shurikenbreaker

Finally in Chapter Endgame, there are 3 Enfeeble staff with Staff Savant which gives infinite staff use, and 1-10 staff range.

3 Focused Enfeeble is -12 to all stats. Its as brutal as it sounds

Now I can understand why people say Endgame on Lunatic is really hard :P I definitely don't think I'll ever have the guts to play this mode myself haha

Are there any good Lunatic playthroughs? I want to see how others do this but I can't find many

From what i remember theres no Staff Savant Hexer in the game

That said i don't remember theres any Lunatic playlog/PT with video but some did make low turn notes for this game

Also if you have 3 rescue usage you should be able to cheese Endgame. Since the pre-req for cheesing 25 is a very strong Corrin, Lunatic late game shouldn't be as bad as it sounds if you play your cards right

Heres a tip if you just want to beat Lunatic without caring about achievement - abuse the hell out of Logbook feature

The most significant abuse outside of buying units/recruiting OP units from generous castel is probably skill buying since it allows you to get Shurikenbreaker on many units

Percy with Shurikenbreaker or Ophelia with Shurikenbreaker could probably break the late game and start from mid game

Edited by JSND

Kouli30 is a japanese gamer and she uploads all her playthroughs of all 3 paths in Lunatic/Classic.

But she took an easy route with chapter 25 though, never seen anyone do the whole map yet, cos too lazy to search.

But still very impressive, it took me like FOREVER to get pass Conquest Lunatic/Classic I almost mistaken myself for a masochist.

Edited by Matthewlovespie

It's actually possible to clear both wings without Shurikenbreaker. I had to do it because I went in blind and had no Bow Knights. For this to work, though, it requires a Corrin who can largely shrug off Ryoma's hits with the Dragonstone+ equipped, as well as a team that can off Ryoma without risking getting blown up by his procs once the DV is activated. I had a such Corrin and since she could do that, I could do one wing, double back, then do the other. It took something like 40 turns, 12 of which were waiting for Camilla to not be super debuffed before starting the next wing. However, with the very durable Corrin, if she hangs out by the door with Azura on the other side, the regen should generally outpace Ryoma's damage output. If not, ranged healing staves can reach Corrin through the door too.

From what i remember theres no Staff Savant Hexer in the game

In addition to what Avenger mentioned, there's a Great Master in Endgame who has a Hex. I believe Hex doesn't stack because it has its own dedicated status icon, like Freeze or Silence, unlike the generic red arrow for stat drops that come from Enfeeble or Silver Shuriken.

Now I can understand why people say Endgame on Lunatic is really hard :P I definitely don't think I'll ever have the guts to play this mode myself haha

Are there any good Lunatic playthroughs? I want to see how others do this but I can't find many

I did a run and have them on video and I'd like to think they're entertaining enough. However, I'll let you judge that for yourself, if you're so inclined. I've got copies on both Twitch and Youtube. I consider the Twitch highlights the superior recordings if only for the fact that unlike Youtube, they didn't auto-mute the version of Lost in Thought (I think that's the song name) that plays during the character endings. On the other hand, Youtube let me organize the whole run into a playlist.