The Art of Fire Emblem Awakening releases October 18th

The DanMan

Artbook mentions Grima's brand being called Brand of The Defile. Not sure if this was ever mentioned anywhere ingame or in other supplemental materials (excluding this artbook) but that seems kinda cool to have given it a name.

Don't think it was ever mentioned in-game. In the Knights of Iris, it's literally the "Mark of Evil", as in the "Evil Dragon" Gimle (Grima).

Oh, it's referenced in Fates as the "Fell Brand" (literally "Emblem of the Evil Mark" in Japanese).

Edited by VincentASM

Does the artbook contain the English localized support conversations or the English translations of the Japanese support conversations?

Just want to provide another answer to this. The book only includes the support conversations that you can read in the English version of the game. It doesn't feature anything that was exclusive to the original Japanese release, such as the supports with mute Robin.

Even though they did technically update it to mention the more recent appearances of some of the Outrealm characters, they didn't add anything from the second series DLC, so things like the Outrealm Whitewings and such are still absent unfortunately.

Edited by Prince of Iris

[spoiler=Interesting tidbits:]

For the list of works in which the DLC characters appeared in, Dark Horse updated it to include:

-Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U (Marth, Roy, Ike, Lyndis)

-Codename: S.T.E.A.M. (Marth, Ike)

-Fire Emblem Fates (Marth, Ike)

In the glossary entry for the Valmese Empire, Ylisse, Regna Ferox, and Plegia are erroneously referred to as making up the Valmese Empire, and Valm is erroneously referred to as Archanea in the previous FE titles. Either this is a translation error or the error existed in the original Japanese text and Dark Horse followed the translation rather than correct the error.

In the cutscene storyboards for Fated Clash (opening cutscene in the playthrough), Validar is referred to as Grima. Again, not sure if this is a translation error or if Dark Horse is just following the translation.

For continent names error:

https://twitter.com/shadwofchaos725/status/788866981940178944

Can confirm it was just a translation error. They combined everything into Valm.

It's right in JP. Kirokan had a screenshot of it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Artbook mentions Grima's brand being called Brand of The Defile. Not sure if this was ever mentioned anywhere ingame or in other supplemental materials (excluding this artbook) but that seems kinda cool to have given it a name.

Seriously, what is it with Awakening and using words in improper parts of speech? "Exalt" as a noun was silly enough.

The book looks interesting, though.

i liked "exalt" as a noun. ;)

anyway, i got mine last week. i really enjoyed flipping through it, even though i'm not into this type of thing much in general since most of it's online anyway. i was surprised they included all the support convos, but i guess that's kind of nice to have. what exactly is the logic in the ordering of the support convos? i haven't looked at it closely, but it really didn't seem obvious on first glance.

what exactly is the logic in the ordering of the support convos? i haven't looked at it closely, but it really didn't seem obvious on first glance.

It goes by recruitment order, with characters recruited in paralogues coming after characters recruited in the main story.

Edited by Lightchao42

• 1 month later...