Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War 2017 Tier List - Day 39: The support kids (Corple, Lene, Sharlow and Laylea)

OliKad

If he has the Brave Axe, he's great.

If not, he's very mediocre. In a niveau of Alec and Noish.

Anyways I rate him with the Brave Axe.

He can take out mages without taking counterdamage which is great.

Thanks to his excellent defense he serves as a good wall.

He has two excellent skills although he can only benefit from paragon. This skill makes it easy to give him levels. Vantage doesn't help hum much because he can't oneround 95% of enemies with melee range weapons (unless you give him pursuit and a speed ring). However it's a very good skill for Ayra's children for example. Pairing up with Ayra is probably the best choiche anyways because his strength and her speed are a welcome addition for their children.

Lex is one of the best dads in the game. He's good for pretty much everyone except for magic users like Tiltyu and Aideen.

8/10

For Lex as a father, he WOULD be horrible for Magic users, BUT since he has Vantage, he'll enable his kids to have the incredibly deadly Vantage+Wrath combo, and since they'll have decent HP, Defence and Resistance, they sure aren't gonna die easily!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just gonna say this now. One time on a whim, I paired Lex and Adean. The result was Lana promoting at the beginning of Chapter 7 after getting to level 20 in the previous chapter. And I probably had her blessed in MAG since she was still able to get over 20 MAG upon promotion, IIRC. Lana's MAG growth is always going to range from okay to great, so it's impossible for her to be lacking in that stat. And I think she had really high defense, too.

Of course, I don't recommend Lex/Adean since:

-Although Lester makes sense, he's not very good.

-Lana prefers other dads.

But hey, it was a pretty fun experiment. I had a lot of fun with that, probably more than Holsety/Forseti!Delmud and Azel/Briggid for that 55% MAG growth Patty.

Of course, I don't recommend Lex/Adean since:

-Although Lester makes sense, he's not very good.

-Lana prefers other dads.

There are three points why I dislike this pairing:

• Paragon on a bow user doesn't work well. It works better on a dodgetank or wall who attacks / gets attacked much. I like it to see paragon on Lakche the most.
  • Lana gets experience easily by stave spamming.
  • Lana wants to have a father which gives her magic or at least a speed boost.

For Lex as a father, he WOULD be horrible for Magic users, BUT since he has Vantage, he'll enable his kids to have the incredibly deadly Vantage+Wrath combo, and since they'll have decent HP, Defence and Resistance, they sure aren't gonna die easily!

Oh yeah, that's true.

Tiltyu with vantage + wrath is amazing.

Lex has two main things going for him. Paragon and the Brave Axe. He levels up fast and can kill most enemies in two hits. So he gets a weapon that can attack twice and he then one-rounds most enemies while also being a much better tank than Arden. Vantage is nice as well, so he can one-round most enemies before getting attacked. Without the Brave Axe he'd just be another cavalier but he does have it so we're all well and good. Plus all the kids like their increased experience yield and not having to play Elite Ring Tag.

He gets a solid 8/10.

I'm just gonna assume he gets the brave axe. There's no reason not to get it if you're not LTC'ing.

He's fantastic in chapter 2, the hardest map in the first gen, and continues to be very good in chapter 3, all while being roughly on par in the first two chapters with the other unpromoted mounts. He falls off quite hard in chapter 4, he struggles with the enemy types there and has serious hit issues there, and is below average in chapter 5. Elite makes exp a non factor for him. I'll give him a 7.5/10, slightly better than Alec and Noish, but not substantially so.

Lex doesn't need much to get going due to the Brave Axe and paragon and as Horace said he contributes most on the hardest map of Gen 1, helping lessen the stress overall.

While axes aren't particularly great in FE4, Lex at least has 100% access to the one good axe in the game, is mounted, gains exp really easily and is pretty decently tanky.

I'd say a solid 7/10

Axes are absolute garbage in this game but Lex manages to perform decently by netting himself the best axe of all.

With that Brave Axe, alongside Paragon, being mounted and being a decent physical tank, he grows to have decent offense quickly while falling back on his defenses in a bind. He gets a 7.5/10 (8/10 with bias, because his first conversation with Azel is quite hilarious and this is especially apparent with Naga's new translation patch).

Edited by Peppy

6.5/10

Lex honestly isn't that great. His contributions in the Prologue and Ch.1 are pretty minimal and he's quite underwhelming in Ch.4 and Ch.5 as well. It's 100% true though that he makes Ch.2 a lot easier and that alone is worth a lot. Over the course of the 6 gen 1 chapters he's only slightly better than Alec and Noish overall.

I give Lex an 8.5/10 (with positive bias of course)

He has Paragon, so he obviously levels up fast. Vantage is also not bad either, as Lex is very likely to get hit from almost every single enemy, and it's not like he has

that much great defense(at the start at least). Lex suffers from "let me get hit, it's not like it matters" syndrome most of the time and since he doesn't have Pursuit, he can't ORKO enemies(but he does good and better damage than Noish, Greeny, and Ardan could ever do). He's does fine during the Prologue, chipping damage most of the time( makes it easier for mainly Alec and Noish to steal some kills). But then, in chapter 1, Lex goes to a whole new level of awesomeness. He gains his personal Brave Axe, possibly the best axe in the game( besides Neir, duh. but you can't get it). This axe allows Lex to attack twice, and since he does nice damage, you can expect him to one round some enemies.

He's also most likely to be your first promoted unit (given that you use him more) thanks to Paragon.

He has Paragon, which is amazing. Vantage is also nice. He has axes, so he doesn't have to fight other people for his weapons early-on (who is this Raquesis and why does she want his axes?), and he's on a horse to boot.

8/10, mostly for Paragon and a new weapon type.

Lex is basically Ardan if he grew wheels with axes, elite and stats. So thinking about it, he's not really much like Ardan at all. He's at his best in chapter 2 where he can Hero Axe people's faces in, but like most of the cast he kinda falls off. He can't really dodge ever but he levels fast and is pretty thwompy. I'd say that the likes of Fin and Cuan are better than him, but Lex is probably better than the other mounted peeps.

7.5/10.

To be honest, I never really though that Lex became bad or underwhelming when chapter 4 came, since he can kill a mage and retreat thanks to Canto, has some nice defence to tank out the Pegasus Knights with Swords and has WP advantage against pretty much all the Armor Knights/Generals present. Oh well, maybe I'm just very bad at noticing these type of things...

I've noticed how some of you are saying chapter 2 is the hardest map in gen 1. I think it's comparatively easier than chapter 3. The only worry in chapter 3 is saving the villages, ballistaes(that are really only a threat to Erin) and the sleep staff of one of the bosses(the sleep staff of Deidre can be used on said boss so not much danger really.). Meanwhile in chapter 3 you have to deal with Eldigan and hoping that Lachesis is able to talk to him, dragon knights suddenly appearing and trying to keep Bridget, Tiltyu and Claude alive. Especially keeping Bridget alive.

Also, yeah Lex doesn't stop being useful, even in chapter 4, granted he has the Brave Axe which makes him ultimately useful in every map.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

Lex: Has exclusive access to Brave Axe (until Raquesis or lolArden promote), is amazing at tanking, and EXP isn't an issue thanks to Paragon. He has trouble in the last two maps but he's still usable all through Gen 1. 8.5/10

Once again, I'll Azel's part for later today. But since I think (?) Lex got less votes than usual, this shouldn't be much of a problem. See y'all later! ^^

Great Tank, paragon, Brave axe helps him be a lot more useful.

He can one round a lot of things, which makes him very useful.

He falls off a bit once more mages start appearing, but otherwise pretty useful all around.

8/10

Yes, I like this thread!

Obligatory Sigurd rating: 1000000/10 (or just 10/10 if you don't like my cheeky humor. Can solo G1 on his own, is basically his own Jeigan because of that. Unstoppable silver sword swinging machine).

Noish: 5/10. Not AWFUL but certainly not the best, his skills are good for parentage but he gets little use out of them. However his stats aren't terrible and he hits pretty hard especially early on, is good for softening guys up for setting up kills. An asset character, not a frontliner.

Alec: 6/10. Slightly better than Noish due to being able to double, not being THAT much weaker over all (his biggest weakness in the Prologue is having a FUCKING IRON SWORD), Nihil is fantastic in niche situations, and he actually has a personality. Not great, but he gets the job done. Another fine asset character.

Arden: 5/10. I actually don't HATE Arden at all - he's limited to be sure, but he has HELLA good use especially in the early game when all you're fighting are big dumb axe guys who do too much goddamn damage with one hit and the RNG is hating you because a 36% hit rate with a single RN is honestly not the best odds in your favor. Arden exists for facetanking the Verdane hordes, and he facetanks them like a fuckin' pro. His iron sword blows, sure, but he's not about scoring kills: he's about taking hits and softening shirtless yokels up for guys like Midayle and Azel to finish them off. He's about getting literally surrounded by steel axe wielding bastards and laughing as their massive 20+ damage does 2-6 damage tops to his massive mound of HP while everyone else is taking 10-15+.

Now, don't get me wrong, Arden is still BAD in the long run. He's hard to actually promote without boss abusing Gondolf (which I always do because lol), and Chapter 2 and beyond really leave his ass behind in the dust because that's when you start fighting hordes of mounted units instead of just dumb barbarian men with movement Arden can actually keep up with, but in the early game he is an invaluable asset when your characters aren't strong enough to take more than a few axe hits to the face without crumpling over in a bloody heap.

Cfb2C9i.png

Look at this glorious ugly bastard from my current run. He's gotten to level 6 as of killing Kinbois (haven't even recruited Ayra yet) just by facetanking like a champ and doing surprisngly well in the Arena (he made it to Emille!). Sure his usefulness is nearing its end, but its saved my ass a lot.

Also the pursuit ring is really fucking important in G1 for so many characters and you need Arden to get it so that's a thing too.

Lex: Now LEX is where things start getting GOOD. Elite means he levels up from basically doing nothing. Sure you can give him kills for easy levels, but the dude gets 30-40+ sometimes just by HITTING people. Early game he can't double due to no hero's axe, but he does a LOT of damage and being mounted means he's quite good at softening enemies up for your weaker characters. He isn't as tanky as Arden is out the gate (he only starts with a bleh 9 defense), but that Neir Blood really kicks it into overdrive once he starts leveling up. The Hero's Axe is fantastic because it not only lets Lex double, but its got a surprisingly managable weight of only 12 (vs the obscene 18 normal axes have), and to top it all off, Lex is a great dad for a lot of interesting playstyles because Neir blood means being tough, elite means easy leveling, and ambush works like a godsend with wrath for the infamous Lex/Tiltyu combo. I personally always pair him with Ayra because swordgirl-axedude pairs are best pairs (and their holy bloods compliment each other, leaving only luck as Lachke and Skasaher's weaknesses), but Lex works well with a lot of other girls. 8/10 character, hella useful from the gate to the grave.

To be honest, I never really though that Lex became bad or underwhelming when chapter 4 came, since he can kill a mage and retreat thanks to Canto, has some nice defence to tank out the Pegasus Knights with Swords and has WP advantage against pretty much all the Armor Knights/Generals present. Oh well, maybe I'm just very bad at noticing these type of things...

It's not that Lex becomes "Bad", It's just that you won't need him as much as the chapters before.

Really, you'll find yourself to use him jus to kill few mages and pegasus knights and...that's it.

I've noticed how some of you are saying chapter 2 is the hardest map in gen 1. I think it's comparatively easier than chapter 3. The only worry in chapter 3 is saving the villages, ballistaes(that are really only a threat to Erin) and the sleep staff of one of the bosses(the sleep staff of Deidre can be used on said boss so not much danger really.). Meanwhile in chapter 3 you have to deal with Eldigan and hoping that Lachesis is able to talk to him, dragon knights suddenly appearing and trying to keep Bridget, Tiltyu and Claude alive. Especially keeping Bridget alive.

Chapter 2 throws a lot of cavaliers that can attack you and retreat thanks to canto, not to mention that there a lot of tanky knights too.

Chapter 3, instead, has only Eldigan and, even then, It's not that difficult to make Raquesis talk to her Brother.

The Dragon Knight are so far from you that you have a lot of time to regroup and kill them.

Bridget's survival is more luck based, if anything else, and even if she dies, you can still revive her with the valkyrie staff

Anyway, Lex gets a 7/10 from me: he doesn't do much in the prologue, but can contribuite in chapter 1 and is fantastic in Chapter 2; in Chapter 3 he is still useful, tough not as much as before and in the last two chapters he doesn't have much utility.

Edited by The Draco Knight

Yes, I like this thread!

Obligatory Sigurd rating: 1000000/10 (or just 10/10 if you don't like my cheeky humor. Can solo G1 on his own, is basically his own Jeigan because of that. Unstoppable silver sword swinging machine).

My pleasure! :D

And yeah, these jokes are perfectly fine, as long as they syat exagerated numbers like these, I know it will mean a 10/10. ;)

---

Anyway, Hector on a horse got himself a very solid rating of 7.61/10, with the help of 18 voters. By the way, thank you for your constant participation, I appreciate it! ^^

But now, it is time to analyse the first unmounted unit of the game that isn't an armor knight - and also the little brother of our favorite cook - Azel!

-------

Class: Mage (Level 1)

Christmas Spirit Holy Blood: Minor Falalalalaaa-lala-la-la! Fala

Personal Skills: Pursuit

Class Skills: None

Stats:

30 HP (50%)

0 Strength (10%)

10 Magic (40%)

7 Skill (20%)

9 Speed (50%)

2 Defense (20%)

2 Resistance (10%)

6 Luck (20%)

My thoughts: Azel is exactly what you'd except from the kinda well-known Merric archetype: fast, good offense, and bad defense. However, I do feel like our boy Azel take that to the extreme, with stellar Speed but terrible protection - of both kinds, even - so he is not exactly a frontline fighter. Despite that, I think that both his bases and his growths compliment him well, which will certainly help him. What does not help him is that he's a FIRE MAGE that starts with a basic Fire tome! This magic is the heaviest of all 3 anima types without any advantages to compensate this, so he'll have some problems at the beginning because of that fact. However, the biggest offense against him is that he only has 5 movement until promotion. This makes him very, very hard to train, especially so when he shows up alongside his bud Lex :P

BUT, fret not! He actually has other positives! To begin with, he has only one Skill, but like with Sigurd, it's arguably the best one: Pursuit. This will greatly compliment his solid attack Speed and allow him to double quite often, to the point where he was designed to one-round an average Lvl. 1 Brigand in the Prologue, and that is REALLY cool! But if you are serious about training this little dude, you'll be pleasantly surprised: not only are his promotions gains very solid, he actually gains a horse! This single thing makes him suddently exceptionaly good in my opinion, because he will no longer worry about catching up and possibly miss lots of EXP. And, a little finishing touch, he makes a pretty decent father because of his growths and Pursuit, so there's always that.

So yeah, even if he has the disadvantage of only 5-movement, I really like our little Azel, so despite his challenging training, I'll give him an 8/10 with some positive bias, once again. :)