Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War 2017 Tier List - Day 39: The support kids (Corple, Lene, Sharlow and Laylea)

OliKad

Idk about Ced, but Fee's LUCK growth with Dew is 40%, only 5% less than she'd have if Finn was her father. Overall she has better growths in other key places and a better skillset, too (Bargain > Prayer). So I don't really mind that this happened. Whenever I do FE4 pairings I value Fee over Ced, so this is okay.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uhhh I'll rate Ethlin too. I think people rated people too highly, she provides nice support bonuses to your two best units, and keeps them topped up on health, but other than that? She's a liability for most of her existence combat wise, and has awful durability. I'll give her 7.5/10. It's not that Ethlin is super good, it's most gen 1 units are pretty bad, which is why (imo) she got an inflated rating, Just because she's a top 5 unit in the gen doesn't mean she deserves a rating similar to Sigurd, there's such a huge gap in their performance, and it should be reflected in their rating.

Fin is amazing tho. With the speedring (he's the best recipient of it by far) he can double and ORKO all the enemies in chapter 1, something only Sigurd (and lolAzel) can do, and he can have a really good enemy phase if you abuse prayer. In chapter 2 he gets the hero lance which enables him to be the only unit capable of ORKO'ing armours unless Sigurd is REALLY strength blessed, and even then, he misses some of them. Fin is one of if not your best combat unit for chapter 1/2, which is a pretty big deal. I'll give him a 9/10 with bias included, he loses 1 movement on Cuan and is pretty lackluster in the prologue comparitively.

Fin is like Cuan, with less bases but more doubling. He also gets the Hero Lance to play with for one and a half chapters, which puts his offense ahead of even hero sword sigurd. And then in gen 2 he gets to protect leaf and Nanna for a while, and barring a substitute run, that's the end for Fin. 8.5/10

Eh, I think folks are overrating Fin. He's a great unit, but disappearing at Ch 4 start after feeding him kill after kill and giving him Prologue Speed Ring and Quan's convo Brave Lance is bad. At least Beowolf, Lex, and "felt that poke" Midir stay for the long ride that is Ch 4 and 5. Daddy-wise, he doesn't make lol kids and his +5 daughter conversation is great, but it doesn't change the fact you gimped his son/Patty via weapon inheritance. And of course, pairing him is awful within the small time frame you have him. At least Quan and Ethlyn hitched with each other, poor Fin needs to move slowly on his MOUNT to build those sweet love points with Adean, Ayra, or Raquesis.

6.5/10 good early contributions, easy to get to level 20 to promote, and he helps Leif and Nanna, everything else falls apart

If you're having Finn keep the brave lance and the speed ring, you're doing something wrong tbh.

He's a great unit, but disappearing at Ch 4 start after feeding him kill after kill and giving him Prologue Speed Ring and Quan's convo Brave Lance is bad.

The way this is worded makes it seem like you meant that.

Edited by Zeems

I had him keep the lance :D I guess I'll be wiser next time.

Hopefully he's not anyone's father, too. xD it's just that Fury would really appreciate having it along since she'd be the only useful candidate for it after Finn's departure (Raquesis doesn't need it and lolchalphyknights). Fee would enjoy having it, too, once Gen I's over.

Also if anyone's curious, here's how the Gen I peeps turned out: http://imgur.com/a/qwEAH

Edited by Zeems

^Why give Sigurd the Leg ring lol? I thought it only worked for foot units, unless you want Seliph to inherit it. Also, pretty good stats of your units, especially Ayra with that 30 speed.

I always leave the Brave Lance with Finn. Its like the personal weapon of Finn for me. Besides, it'll be easier for him to help Nanna and Leif in Gen2, especially if he was left unpromoted.

Hopefully he's not anyone's father, too. xD it's just that Fury would really appreciate having it along since she'd be the only useful candidate for it after Finn's departure (Raquesis doesn't need it and lolchalphyknights). Fee would enjoy having it, too, once Gen I's over.

Nah, I wanted to pair Finn with Raquesis at first but changed my mind in the middle of the process and married her to Beowulf, leaving Finn forever alone.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by eclipse, December 14, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, December 14, 2016 - No reason given

Edit: effin double post!

Edited by CappnRob

Meanwhile, in my current playthrough...

0255183991.png

YOU THOUGHT THIS WAS A FUCKING GAME?!

ARDEEEEEENNN! :D

You might as well use him at this point honestly. But, enough about him! xD

So, with a total of 17 votes, Finn will pull

his disappearing act

with an average of 8.44/10, which is honestly about what I expected for once! And thus, we'll finally wrap up the Prologue characters with the ''bow of no jokes'', Midayle!

Class: Archer Knight (Level 2)

Holy Blood: None

Personal Skills: Pursuit, Accost

Class Skills: None

Stats:

32 HP (60%)

9 Strength (30%)

0 Magic (5%)

7 Skill (30%)

9 Speed (40%)

7 Defense (30%)

0 Resistance (5%)

3 Luck (10%)

My thoughts: This cute girl kind guy reminds me quite a bit of Alec, but not quite. He has sligthly worse base stats and growth rates than our Turban master, but sort of makes up for it with Charge. I say sort of, because while it may help him to have more attacking opportunities, it may also f*ck him up in other instances, so it's not all positive. However, unlike Alec, Midayle chooses to wield bows instead, since he's, well, an Archer Knight! As you probably knew, bows are less accurate and heavier than swords (but not lances) but have the bonus of attacking at a distance, and that is what makes Midayle not worse than Alec: thanks to Canto, he can do some pretty cool hit and run combat to escape from enemies's range even better than Alec does, thanks to the extended range of bows. This is also good because his Strength stat is quite lacking, so he'll be good to do some chip damage and then run the hell away.

With all that said, if you do his canon pairing (I think?) and marry him to Adean, he'll recieve the almighty Brave Bow as late as in chapter 4, but it's still a really cool gift that'll make him suddently able to kill things in one round! But like I said, you'll have to wait quite a bit to gain it. And let's not forget that he has one of the weakest promotion gains in the game, which only beat Arden and Atenna's promotion gains as far as I can remember.

Still, he's cool enough for chip damage and some quick snipe action, and he actually works really well with Jamka's Killer Bow, but I personally have some bad experiences of bad level-ups and some disastrous enemy phases because of him, so instead of giving him a 7/10, I'll use some very rare negative bias and give him a 6.5/10.

Edited by OliKad

Midayle is a poor guy who doesn't get much of a break and sadly performs better as a dad than as a soldier. His growths are just only ok at best, bows are moderately heavy in FE4 so he doesn't dodge too well early game, and he doesn't get his own special weapon, the Brave Bow, until the second last chapter. However, he can also make good use of the killer bow, and I always drop that on him because Jamuka is enough of a beast out of the gate to not need it for himself. Hell, with Midayle's average skill and FE4's bows being pretty inaccurate, the killer bow's 100% hit rating is nice too.

As a dad though, he is THE choice for Adean, really. He's essential for a Lester that functions, and while on his own his growths aren't that amazing, combined with half of Adean's and her holy blood, they really pull through for her kids. The only other bow using kid in G2 comes with a divine weapon that may as well be a rocket launcher, so why not shack Midayle up with Adean and give him the full arsenal of other bows?

Ultimately, Midayle is a 6, maybe 6.5 for me. He's got utility, for sure,but its narrow in scope. He hits and runs from a distance and never really dominates the battlefield, but he's unarguably the best dad for a great Lester and is never -bad-. He's just ok. He gets the job done.

Midir is pretty great. Charge is very nice on bow users and Midir's speed is pretty great, especially for gen 1. Once he takes the killer bow (no reason not to give it to him, Jamka does fine with Steel), he's an offensive powerhouse, even with somewhat underwhelming stats, thanks to having Pursuit, Charge and Critical, along with the Killer bow's absolutely ridiculous stats. For some reason, the AI prioritizes him (and Ethlin and Holyn) over other units, but this shouldn't matter too much since he shouldn't be getting attacked much on the enemy phase anyway, but you can use this to your advantage and have him counter a 2 range enemy that would otherwise attack someone who can't counter. Also FE4's AI sucks and sometimes Javelin dudes and mages will just attack from 2 range when they can attack from 1 anyway. All in all, he's pretty great, bowknights are great with FE4 canto, but he has little to no enemy phase. I'll give him a 7/10.