Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War 2017 Tier List - Day 39: The support kids (Corple, Lene, Sharlow and Laylea)

OliKad

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "BBQ recreation" is a hack I made called Barhara Revisited where we play the BBQ out. It's in the FEE3 section of the fan project section.

Aaahh yes, I remember this one! The portraits and story were really weird, but it was a cool concept none the less. I also really liked the character descriptions that you did for each character, they were quite funny! :D

Can promoted Lachesis use it? She gets a C rank in light, after all).

Not even. It's a A-Rank tome...

Edited by eggclipse
So no information is lost!

Posted (edited) · Hidden by eclipse, December 19, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, December 19, 2016 - No reason given

Can promoted Lachesis use it? She gets a C rank in light, after all).

Not even. It's a A-Rank tome...

EDIT: Oops, I did an double-post instead of editing the one above. My bad. :/

Edited by OliKad

^ Which means that the C rank of Light for promoted Lachesis is completely useless.

So, yeah, Light magic is totally gone from your team after Ch3.

Well, you could argue that this makes her seem even more powerful as a Master Knight. ;)

Yeah, that was a double post, but since it's on a page break, I'll let it slide.

Anyway, Deidre's uses can be counted on one hand, and that's just bad. Silence staff is nice. Light Sword is nice. Stupid Prayer gimmicks are hilarious. But that's about it, since you already have a magic user that won't run off with the bad guys (Azel), and you'll get another one soon (Levin).

1/10, with negative bias because she shows up uninvited and leaves before the main course is served (tableside cooking, of course).

Edited by eggclipse

Jamke: As far as infantry units go, one of the best. Can stand for himself as soon as he joins. Still no horse, though. 6/10

Deirdre: Healing/Silence utility and that's about it. Terrible availability, no horse, no promotion, still better than Arden. 3/10

Edited by Jave

missed a few days, but i'm too lazy to think about how to rate dew, since he's an utterly shit unit, but money passing is very nice (yet not required for the most part)

Jamka - He's like Ayra with bows like people have said pretty much. His offence is actually better thanks to his decent speed combined with Charge and Continue. I forget what I gave Ayra but i'll give Jamka 3 which is probably slightly higher than what I gave Ayra.

Aideen - She heals and stuff. Warps in chapter 2/3 then anyone else can do it too. 4/10

Deirdre - awful. At least she can give Sigurd all her money from selling Aura and the Silence staff so Celice can start loaded with Rings in gen 2. Technically can do Aideen's staffing, but why? 1.5/10.

Deirdre is garbage. She can silence random bosses but Silence could be better used in Gen 2 anyways. She is also stuck using the worst tome in the game for the entirety of the time she can be used. The only thing she has going for her is to be bait for enemies since her plot powers allow her to come back after death once Sigurd visits a Castle.

0.5/10 (-0.5 bias included for being a lame plot device)

Edited by Peppy

Deirdre is garbage. She can silence random bosses but Silence could be better used in Gen 2 anyways. She is also stuck using the worst tome in the game for all the time she is around in most cases (If you somehow manage to promote her before she goes away, she ain't gonna be using the better tomes for long). The only thing she has going for her is to be bait for enemies since her plot powers allow her to come back after death once Sigurd visits a Castle.

0.5/10 (-0.5 bias included for being a lame plot device)

She does not have a promotion, even if you reach level 20 :/

She does not have a promotion, even if you reach level 20 :/

Well, I didn't have the patience to check in-game and I didn't run into that fact online somewhere so sorry about that.

But hey, that just solidifies my argument. :P

Deirdre.... agh. I adore her as a character, because she's cute and while her romance with Sigurd is shallow, I found it endearing all the same (and it wasn't that much less developed than anyone else's romantic possibilities in FE4 itself tbh).

But... yeah she's fuckin' trash lol. She's only around for the Verdane capture, all of chapter 2 (which is the least infantry friendly chapter in the game), and the first castle in chapter 3 but she's stuck in the home one. Silence is a fantastic staff to have in FE4 though, so she can at least pass that on after she gets benched in chapter 3. Aura is powerful but unless you let her hold the magic ring (something other characters can put to better use) she's not going to be doing ENOUGH damage to win fights. The circlet gives her prayer at least, so she can at least cheese the arena for some gold (to give to Sigurd pffft).

Let's be real though: Deirdre exists to give Celice growths. ALL her growths save for magic and magic defense are 10, as to not make Celice TOO over powered. Major Naga means Celice ends up with minor and gets hella good MDef and Magic for magic swords. And an even bigger HP boost than Sigurd. That's it. The sad, unfortunate truth. Oh, and she can't promote either, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

1/10 unit, she's really only good for giving Sigurd money even if she is a cutie patootie.

fcb77cdc97.png

DIDN'T STOP ME FROM COMPLETING THE CHAPTER 1 ARENA WITH HER THOUGH GWAHAHAHAHA.

^ Too bad I can't see the pic. :/
EDIT: The Power of Pursuit Prayer! :D

Edited by OliKad

To anyone who says that Deirdre is useful for silencing Clement, I would like to point out the A.I. exploit pointed out here.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54690&p=4137876

I was wrong in saying that a character's spot in the Unit list is what decides who the target, however. It seems that Clement ACTUALLY targets people based on their Level. For example, he targetted my Lex over my Noish, because Lex was a much higher level.

Edited by FionordeQuester

Oh wow, guys: Deirdre actually managed to rank even LOWER than Arden, with an abysmal 1.88/10 average, based on 16 votes. I never thought I'd even see that! xD

Aaand we just wrapped up Chapter 1! It's now time to recruit a Lunatic guy before embarking Chapter 2, a guy named Holyn!

Class: Myrmidon (Level 12)
Holy Blood: Minor Odo
Personal Skills: Pursuit, Luna

Class Skills: None
Stats:
40 HP (110%)
14 Strength (40%)
0 Magic (5%)
17 Skill (80%)
17 Speed (30%)
11 Defense (30%)
1 Resistance (5%)
1 Luck (20%)

My thoughts: He's pretty much Aira, but with another, inferior skill, with less explosive offense and evasion, but with better survivalibity because of his better defence and HP. I honestly like them both a hell of a lot, but I have a slight preference for Holyn, because he less often caused me resets because of the unfair RNG. Besides that, they are pretty similar: they have the same class, kinda similar growth rates, great offense, not-so great mobility, kickass promotion gains, etc. etc. etc.

So yeah, I'll pretty much give him the exact same score that I gave to Ayra, which is a great 8.5/10!

Notable differences between Holyn and Ayra: starts with more str, more def, more hp. Has slightly better growths. Is male. Holyn joins half a chapter after Ayra, in which Ayra was not much use to anyone. Holyn is actually capable of surviving more than one round of combat, and hits a bit harder too. But he doesn't have a horse so he gets the same treatment as the other footsies. 4/10

Holyn is the Strength and Defense of Aira who in turn is the Speed and Skill for him. Except Aira's has 'attack fever' syndrome while Holyn has 'mega offense' syndrome. So, yeah, a 8.5/10.

Holyn is a very good unit, really. However he is slightly inferior to Aira, or should I say Luna is inferior to Astra. Luna just allows Holyn to do massive damage, possibly ORKOing enemies that don't have as much HP as a super General. But it's still a good skill. Holyn also has Pursuit, so another plus point to him. He also dodges a lot, although not often as Aira. But his Defense and HP are high enough for him to surivive at best three or four hits.

Another good thing about him is that he can give the brave sword to Aira, if she's not paired. This also gives him the potential to pair up with her easily, and it's a good choice too. He uses Swords, so Ulster can inherit them. He also has minor Odo blood like Aira, which, iirc, results in both their kids (or one of them? correct me if I'm wrong) having major Odo blood. This allows the kids to use Balmung, so that's pretty awesome (although Shanna could just use it, it's rightfully his). Best father for Aira's kids no doubt, even they are impossible to screw.

Holyn is basically another Aira swapping Astra for Luna and a bit more durability. As a result, I shall give him the same score except without the negative bias, since he's not a pain to recruit. He was pretty good on my ironman run, but he misses out on positive bias since he didn't make the BBQ.

He's a solid unit. 6.5/10.

He's slightly more reliable than Ayra, but he suffers just as much as she does. He is fantastically easy to recruit though, it's really funny to recruit him with the likes of Dierdre or Sylvia. I think it's actually possible for new players to miss him entirely which is pretty hilarious.

3.5/10