Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War 2017 Tier List - Day 39: The support kids (Corple, Lene, Sharlow and Laylea)

OliKad

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless on what you do with Ayra's kids, they're going to be left behind considering how Gen II is literally Seliph and other mounts trivializing everything. Ulster and Larcei don't care who their dad is, anyway, considering they're going to murder anything they can encounter. But like I said, they won't be doing too much after Chapter 7.

levin!fee is great dude, don't know what you're on about. The strength difference is pretty minor (at the most it's like a 3/4 point difference, and Fee's magic is still good enough to kill stuff with magic swords regardless) and having critical/continue/pursuit unpromoted with more or less exclusive hero lance useage for the first couple maps means her offence is nuts. Endgame Levin!Fee has better strength too since she gets +5 in chapter 10 too. Noish!Fee isn't much better (if at all better) than Levin!Fee and Levin!Sety is undoubtably better (their offence is the same against mooks but Levin!Sety has status staff potential and is far more durable).

Claude!Fee is also pretty terrible too, B staves is largely pointless, but Claude!Sety is pretty good.

All this being said it's pretty absurd that Levin's getting all these ridiculous ratings for a foot unit that's around for half the first generation, and father potential shouldn't really be taken into account for their gen 1 performance.

I might have been a bit hard on her but 25% strength and magic growths are annoying to work with. She's still great because she is still Fee but her offense is much more reliable with a better strength or better magic growth dad. I don't care much for the +5 bonus because I find her ability to fight in previous chapters matters a lot more. I did forget Ced's base magic with Noish is awful at 16 but I still would rather have a good Fee than a good Ced.

Claud virtually unchanges her offense but buffs her res growth. Her speed stat goes down but since when can Fee not double? Continue and Critical are largely pointless skills in gen 2 and especially on her since she usually uses crit weapons and brave weapons. B staves actually has some pretty good utility in the late game with her being a mounted warp user and can also use the restore staff against enemy status staves. Sure you can manage without her but it's much less of a hassle with her.

Again I was a bit hard on Levin!Fee but I still think her other options are much better. Also when you have competition like this over your 2 good pairings it's hard to say that Lewyn's dad contributions are buffing him significantly.

Edited by Valkama

I prefer pairings where Fee would have a respectable STR growth, as well. I remember pairing Jamke/Fury and Fee did exceptionally well. Ced honestly doesn't give a damn who his father is. All he needs is Lightning, staves, and a magic ring.

The grand Holsety master got a solid 7.13/10 after 20 votes, which is by quite a bit the best rating a foot unit has so far. Will it stay that way?

It's now the day for one of the most... special characters in the game, Sylvia!

Class: Dancer (Level 1)
Holy Blood: Minor Blaggi
Personal Skills: Continue, Prayer

Class Skills: Dance
Stats:
28 HP (50%)
3 Strength (10%)
0 Magic (30%)
4 Skill (10%)
12 Speed (10%)
1 Defense (10%)
5 Resistance (40%)
6 Luck (30%)

My thoughts: She is the worst unit in the game combat-wise. Poor bases except in Speed, very bad growths everywhere, no promotions, bad weapon ranks, etc. etc. etc. She is clearly not designed for attacking foes, so much that a special theme even plays should she even get threatened in the first place! This wouldn't be so bad if her survivability wasn't so poor, which might lead to some annoying resets. She does have Prayer to compensate all of this (and Continue, for some reason...) and that might help her in that regard.

Here's the thing though: she dances.
She gives one more turn to allies that want the extra action - and yes, I said allies, because for the first and one of the few times in the series, dancers can refresh up to four people at the same time, which is incredibly useful in some situations. So basically, you can use her to give Sigurd/Finn/Cuan/Lex another shot at the enemy or use her to make so that foot units can keep up without any problem. Too bad that she can't survive for sh*t.

Oh well. I'll give her a 7/10, because she's annoying as a character and caused me many resets personally, but she IS very useful in your army, be it on or off the battlefield... I'm so sorry.

You know what? Looking back at who she is, I don't really think that she's that bad. I don't especially like her, but she does bring some funny comic relief when she speaks to almost anyone in the army, just by how... out of place she is in an army. This is mostly notable with her convo with Sigurd and Alec in Chapter 2, which are quite funny in my opinion. So yeah, scratch that, I don't really dislike her anymore. :P
Still, because I've resetted many times because of her poor survivability, I'll still give her a 7/10, but she's still very useful on and off the battlefield... I'm so sorry. Again.

By the way, I have yet to try LevinxFury, so I really can't pronounce myself on that. However, I can say that Fee and Sety were both excellent with Noish as a father, thanks to his amazing skillset (Critical is very appreciated) and his decent Strength for Fee. You just need to give Sety a Magic Ring to ensure his awesomeness. Lex is also very solid for Fee, but not as much for Sety, so...

Edited by OliKad

9.5/10

Your 4 best units, added up and then multiplied by two - that's Sylvia. Minus points for joining somewhat late and requiring a lot of resources to max her potential ... but it's oh-so worth it!

Edited by Yojinbo

Sylvia and Dancers in general are support an nothing else. She should only be in combat when it's Arena time. The Dance ability in this game is very useful due to the fact that it can refresh up to 4 units at once instead of the usual 1. You got to give her the Knight Ring as soon as possible to give her the best asset a Support unit needs, to run away. I've never given her the Leg Ring in my playthroughs, but I see where it's helpful for her. 4/10

Ah, Sylvia. You make things so much easier for everyone. Sure she can't fight. But who cares she'd probably lose a fight against Dew? Let's get the negatives out of the way first. Her combat sucks and she can't promote. Her sword rank is bad so she isn't using anything better then slim. Her growths are awful, Magic/Res aside. She has a useless Continue and a not-so useless Prayer to let her not die if she avoids getting one-shotted. But she also has Dance. Not just any dancing. 4-way dancing. Get Sigurd, Cuan, Lex, and some other scrub in a diamond. Get Sylvia in the middle of them. Boom; your killer mounted squad take off and ditch your footies even faster. Speaking of footies, she can give them a dose of catch-up as well so they can get there. And if she manages to obtain the Leg and Knight Rings... Well she basically has a horse in that situation. Simply amazing. plus she can marry her long-lost brother and I don't care that they're officially cousins the game implies siblings stop backpedalling intsys

Use her. She's amazing. Probably near the top if not topping the Dancer Tier List. 10/10. oh great she's asking Sigurd if he's ever seen a little girl with those... ...Still worth it. And now Alec gets the first *special dance!* And then incest? Her Judgralness really shows.

Sylvia is the definition of a love-hate relationship for me. On one hand, her personality blows chunks. No, I don't want a shallow girl who reeks of manipulation in my army, nor do I really give a flying flip about whatever issues led her to those. On the other hand, she's the best foot unit, hands down. She refreshes everyone around her, and she doesn't have that irritating arrow weakness Reyson has. Like any good dancer, she dies to a stiff breeze. Unlike the herons, she also has some form of combat, even if she has to poke the enemy to death. In terms of gameplay, her utility outstrips her shitty personality. In terms of this rating, I'm going to factor the latter in, for a final score of 9/10 (she lost a full point for being a pain in the ass).

Edited by eggclipse

8.5 (9-0.5)

-Reasoning-

Yes, I know she is extremely amazing when she takes 4 amazing units and gives them an extra turn. And I do know that she is frail and sucks at combat, but I didn't remove any points for that.
My reason is that she requires a ring that costs 20k to buy (10k with a Bargain Band acquired shortly after her recruitment... But Raquesis may also want it for Paragon, Ethlin and Adean want it for staves due to their meh combat in arena.) just to KEEP UP with the units that are going to mess stuff up. Her performance in the arena is somewhat horrible, and she has to rely on her lover or on Dew for the money. AND another item that people believe she deserves is the Knight Ring...which costs a whopping 40k. She IS NOT getting that on her own.
Also, -0.5 bias because she loves falling in love with Lewyn and for not dying in Ch.5 to let me get the subs. I though the Velthomer Mages would be kept as enemies, and before I could use his squad to kill her, Reptor literally suicided against Lewyn. I wanted to wait till the end of the last chapter to kill her to at least use her as a utility unit.

Edit: This is the first time I use "It won't die" as a negative for a unit...

Edited by NoMommaGarchomp

"Hi I'm Sylvia, I can make your best units move again! Four at once, too! Wanna see my tits?"

10/10 (+.5 bias for being hilarious and cute)

Sylvia and Dancers in general are support an nothing else. She should only be in combat when it's Arena time. The Dance ability in this game is very useful due to the fact that it can refresh up to 4 units at once instead of the usual 1. You got to give her the Knight Ring as soon as possible to give her the best asset a Support unit needs, to run away. I've never given her the Leg Ring in my playthroughs, but I see where it's helpful for her. 4/10

literally what Edited by Zeems

"Hi I'm Sylvia, I can make your best units move again! Four at once, too! Wanna see my tits?"

...can I stick this to my profile description?

Edited by OliKad

Sylvia can dance four units at once so yea, best utility unit for Gen 1

9.5/10 (+0.5 bias included because she looks pretty good and her immature as all hell personality gives me a few laughs. Her convo with Sigurd in Ch. 2 is pretty lol.)

Ugh...it's her. Green haired cute dancing girl who makes the game both easy and hard! 4.5/10, with negative bias.

Sylvia is the typical dancer. She can also fight. What's more is that she can dance to 4 units in one turn. Better than the GBA ones, ha!

But....she's a foot unit, so her dancing skills will be more helpful to the other footies, as she'll probably be left behind a lot (other footies will be able to catch up to those horses thanks to her dancing, but she will be left back due do this). Still she is pretty useful in getting units like Ayra to kill something, unless you're doing a casual run (she can still help with dancing, even on the horse units, in this case).

Combat wise, she's meh. Don't bother making her fight, even she dodges more than Noish.

Now, time to talk about her bad things...(mind you it's pretty much about pairing her)

First of all, she's madly in love with Lewyn. Because of this you'll have to wish yourself good luck, if you want Lewyn to be paired with anyone else, because he will most likely be paired with her. Lewyn x Sylvia wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that Leen is a dancer, and Corple's a priest who can't use Holsety until he's promoted, or any wind magic, really. Not to mention Corple comes quite late, so you have to go through some chapters without the power of Holsety. It's not that bad, but it would make Gen2 more easier with either Arthur or Sety (especially Arthur) having Lewyn as their dad.

Even if you do get Lewyn paired with someone else, Sylvia still has to deal with TurbanSain, cuz apparently they have high love points. Especially if you have the convo between them. Now, let me say this...

Alec's a Cavalier. I mentioned the kids' class. How will a Cavalier as a dad help with the stats of two SUPPORTING units? I mean sure the kids get Nihil and Pursuit and have some good stats, but half of the enemies don't have skills. And both kids will most likely not be used much in battle. Not to mention no inheritance from Green (Leen can inherit swords, but again, her main use is being a dancer). So, yeah, not a really good pairing if you think about it.

She can pair up with Claude (the only best pairing she can get), but Claude comes late, and their love point increasing convo comes in Ch4. After you capture the first castle in it, that is. If Alec and SecretlyRoyalty are still not paired up, then don't expect to get this convo with ease.

So yeah. I gave her a low score thanks to her pairings. And being obnoxious. Being a player who waits to use the footies, this is more of a problem as Lewyn and Alec can just get paired up with her in an instant. Which is why I kill her immediately as she arrives(and it sucks! could've used her dance)

But, her job is to be a support unit, and she can get that job done no doubt. Just don't send her to battle, even if she can dodge occasionally. Arena is fine, I guess, if you want to give her extra EXP.

Leg + Knight Ring Sylvia would be a 9.5/10 (a straight 10/10 if she was more durable): she can either be used to help your footies actually get to the fighting scene or to give Sigurd/Promoted Lachesis/Lex/Promoted Azel another turn to kill 4 more enemies and Canto your way a step closer to the next castle. The BIG problem is how to get her those resources: the Knight Ring is incredibly annoying to get, the Leg Ring is pretty attractive on other people too (Holseti!Levin, Briggid, or even one of Ayra/Holyn since it basically turns all footies into mounted units) and getting her those 40k means either wasting a fuckton of turns to visit 8-9 villages or training up Dew... have fun making your choice. And without at least one of those rings she just falls behind your entire army after a couple refreshes and can only save turns if you keep her back to intercept Sigurd coming back from some faraway castle.

To sum up, I guess my final rating will be 8/10 (if only getting those rings on her was easier...)

So yeah. I gave her a low score thanks to her pairings. And being obnoxious. Being a player who waits to use the footies, this is more of a problem as Lewyn and Alec can just get paired up with her in an instant. Which is why I kill her immediately as she arrives(land it sucks! could've used her dance)

Leen doesn't give a damn who her father is and Corple's a meme. Giving Sylvia such a low rating due to her kids shouldn't be a thing.

The best dancer of the franchise asides from her daughter, given that she can refresh 4 units, can fight, and be set up with a Leg ring and Knight band for best mobility. Especially in a game with huge map, it makes her essential.

10 with 0.5 bias because I love her personality.

Edited by salinea

Leen doesn't give a damn who her father is and Corple's a meme. Giving Sylvia such a low rating due to her kids shouldn't be a thing.

Eh...I rather have Corple be a more useful healer with Claude as his father (Valkyrie and star rank in staves yo), rather than being meme kid.

Alec could find other better choices to pair with (if he does have better choices, that is)

Also, yes, I guess giving her a low rating due to her kids shouldn't really be a thing, but she still has her pairing problems (and being annoying). So yeah, my score doesn't change.