Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War 2017 Tier List - Day 39: The support kids (Corple, Lene, Sharlow and Laylea)

OliKad

Taillto is underlevelled and comes at too bad a time to ever be used for her own sake as a combat unit sadly. Thankfully Wrath and magic using makes her easy to train, and her kids make her worthwhile to train. Plus bias, I'll give her a 5.

Edited by salinea

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have absolute no problem to accept anyone's opinion... aslong it's reasonable.

...But, "reasonable" is subjective. Flat not accepting someone's opinion just because it sounds "unreasonable" is a very dangerous game to play. It's how otherwise intelligent people are able to villify half of their own country for not voting the candidate they would have liked for them to vote for while STILL congratulating themselves about how "progressive" and "open-minded" they are!

I'm mean, there's nothing wrong with critical thinking, but; writing off someone's opinion isn't something that you should do unless you've talked to them over a LONG period of time, and have tried to understand them in every way possible.

Edited by FionordeQuester

tiltyu was my #1 draft pick for the longest time before we realized that arthur isn't actually that strong in speed play and getting her paired with whoever is ass

as a combatant, she's frail and doesn't even do that much damage without wrath (thoron hurts, but so does, say, Alec using a Steel Sword for almost the same damage), has 5 mov and is generally utterly terrible. she does get some points for losing in the arena->nuking things with wrath, but that's about it.

2/10

Rate them based on their good/best parents. Pretty much only Aideen's kids will receive significantly different ratings depending on whether you go for Jamke/Midayle or Azel/Claude as father. Every other child functions essentially the same way, with very little variation between their different good fathers.

Would that actually work?

Levin!Sety will get a bunch of 9 or 10 ratings for sure. I'd give that pairing like a 3.5 or 4 and would opt to go with Claude!Sety because that's what I think his best pairing is. Since I assume I'm not the only one who considers Claude!Sety the most useful one that leaves me wondering how to proceed from there? Argue out which is the best Sety? Have two different lists of ratings for him? That's just one example, I can see a lot of other candidates where things get messy.

How about rating the kids based on your own personal experience of who you had their father as? As Yojinbo said, he finds Claude!Sety better than Levin!Sety. Thus, he can rate him based on his personal experience on how well Sety did with Claude as his father.

OR

If you played the game multiple times with different pairings, you can compare them, like comparing Levin!Sety and Claude!Sety, thus, coming to the conclusion which father is the better one for a kid, and which is the less better one (or worse one), and rating said kid that way. Of course, I'm talking about rating the kid by comparing two or three pairings you have done in the game, unless someone actually did all the possible pairings in this game.

In fact, why not mention the best father for the kids along with their final rating?

Of course, since OliKad is the OP, he can choose if he wants to do it this way or some other way.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

Ooh boy, rating 2nd Gen kids's gonna be a huge pain in the (expletive), I'm afraid. I'll think of something before we'll actually start it. BUT, before that...
I annouce that Tiltyu got an unsurprisingly low rating of 3.82/10 with 19 votes. It seems like her cuteness and sad backstory did not save her after all...

So, I decided to do something odd and do Claude and Briggid at the same time, because, well... Claude's a not really interesting unit. :P So yeah, let's do them both! ^^

BRIGGID

Class: Sniper (Level 12)
Holy Blood: Major Ulir
Personal Skills: None

Class Skills: Pursuit
Stats:
40 HP (90%)
20 Strength (30%)
0 Magic (20%)
22 Skill (30%)
21 Speed (20%)
14 Defense (20%)
9 Resistance (5%)
7 Luck (70%)

My thoughts: Remember when I called Jamke the best archer in this game? Well, since I'm playing the game for the 3rd time right now, I think that I underestimated this girl! Sure, she joins at the end of Chapter 3, so her availability isn't quite great, but honestly, it doesn't need to be. Sure, her growth rates (excluding HP and Luck) aren't fantastic - although her Magic is oddly competent for some reason... - but again, it doesn't really matter. Because Briggid is a prepromoted Level 12 Sniper with a Legendary weapon easily accessible (thanks to Adean) and some DAMN. GOOD. BASES. Yeah, sure, you could argue that the Yewfelle is probably the weakest Legendary weapon of the game (I'd say its the Gae Bolg personally, but whatever), but it's still aa legendary weapon, and thus automatically great. Thanks to its +10 Power and Speed bonuses, it'll quite very hard, most likely double attack and dodge most enemy attacks on enemy phase thanks to its bonus avoid, and also has hidden Renewal to heal said enemy damage! So yeah, despite its shaky hit rate, I think this weapon was perfectly designed for archers! :D

And then, you realize that she starts off with more than 20 in every stat that matters for an archer: Power, Speed and Skill. And while she still has only one skill (and that's only thanks to her class), she has the only one that truly matters: Pursuit. So yeah, I think that Briggid's amazing on Player Phase while dodging most hits on enemy phase anyway, so it's quite perfect. Of course, it sucks that she's mounted, but unlike other foot-locked mothers, it's not as necessary to train her, since you don't need to race her to level 20 anyway, so it's not as much of a problem if you wanna ditch her in a speedrun/LTC playthrough... I think. (I'm not too knowledgeable in these things :P)
I'll give this girl a 8.5/10, solely for her amazing offence, her being prepromoted, and a legendary weapon that I found to be underrated! ^^

CLAUDE

Class: High Priest (Level 20)
Holy Blood: Major Blaggi
Personal Skills: None

Class Skills: None
Stats:
34 HP (70%)
0 Strength (10%)
21 Magic (40%)
14 Skill (20%)
15 Speed (30%)
5 Defense (20%)
20 Resistance (50%)
9 Luck (50%)

My thoughts: Yeah... not much to say about the guy. He was clearly designed to be a staffbot, and only a staffbot. He has great Magic and Resistance, decent Luck, and not much else. Sure, he can fight if you want, but he has no skills whatsoever to make him good, so it'll be just a waste to give him good tomes tbh. So yeah, the guy can't fight. But he does come with a sort of legendary weapon: the Valkyria Staff. What does it do? Erase what Fire Emblem is known for by deleting the perma-death element and raise from the dead one of your units, will all of his equipment! So yeah, it's a good panic button if you don't feel like resetting, if nothing else.
Besides that, he can use any staves whatsoever, and that's cool. But heh, not much else I can say. I'll give him a 6/10, because he's still foot-locked, so his reach is still not fantastic

Bridget

Statwise the worse archer but therefore she has Ichival, the probably worst of the Holy Weapons. It's very powerful but inaccurate compared to the killer bow. Giving her the skill ring is recommended to have better hitrates.

She can easily complete arenes as Jamka, so easy to rise.

All in all Jamka and Bridget are equally great.

Only FE10 Shinon is better for me than these two.

8.5 / 10

Claude

He has two fantastic staves and honestly the only choice for Sylvia to have an useful Cairpre early on. Sylvia can pass the bargain ring from chapter 2 to Claude to sleep / silence / revive abuse with Cairpre for a very low price. It's probably the best way to let him catch up the others.

His only weakness is that he doesn't have any skills.

But with his staves he's still more than useful enough.

7.5 / 10

Edited by Eleanor Hume

Eventhough Briggid is my favorite character in Jugdral I can't give her more than a 3/10 that's with a point of bias, because shes bow locked and on foot. Sure she may nuke everything in existence with Ichival, but that's provided she gets the chance to, and that hardly happens. She has great bases though, were she in any other FE she'd probably almost be comparable to 10 Shinon.

Claude isn't the first character to get a revival staff btw, nor is it the first game to have revival. 5/10 is my score, because he's Aideen but worse

Eventhough Briggid is my favorite character in Jugdral I can't give her more than a 3/10 that's with a point of bias, because shes bow locked and on foot. Sure she may nuke everything in existence with Ichival, but that's provided she gets the chance to, and that hardly happens. She has great bases though, were she in any other FE she'd probably almost be comparable to 10 Shinon.

Claude isn't the first character to get a revival staff btw, nor is it the first game to have revival. 5/10 is my score, because he's Aideen but worse

Uhh... I never implied it was the first time...?

Uhh... I never implied it was the first time...?

Well, I was just being safe on that one. Because you mentioned earlier dancing working on 4 people at once hadn't been used in any other FE when it had :P:

Well, I was just being safe on that one. Because you mentioned earlier dancing working on 4 people at once hadn't been used in any other FE when it had :P:

Yeah, I know :)

Briggid is bowlocked and foot locked and has the worst join time in the game but at least where she starts is somewhat reasonable in chapter 3. She's probably in contention for worst unit in the game but she is a pre-promote so she doesn't require any training. 1/10.

Claud has A staves which is cool but he is too slow and joins too late. Never seen much of a point to him outside of Valkyrie staff shenanigans. 2/10

Edited by Valkama

Bridget has great base stats for her recruitment level and decent growths to go with it. The only skill she has is the Archer class locked skill, Pursuit, but the Ichival/Yuwfelle gives her the Renewal skill when equipped. Like Ayra, she has a magic womb. The father can practically be anyone, and the children will turn out well. 8/10

Claude has a great staff and a life saver staff upon joining. He does have the flaw of having no skills, but you would have to be a fool to send him in combat unless it's in the Arena. Due to having no skills, he's best paired with Sylvia or Fury due to the fact that his son has the ability to use staffs, and they have useful skills. 7/10

Edited by qwernst

Briggid:

So time to rate Aideen's twin sister eh? To be honest, I find her to be at the very least 3 or 4 years older than Aideen. But I won't judge. 8/10 for her.

Anyways, Briggid is the last archer you get who is also foot locked like Jamke. She is however already promoted, and is at level 12 with great bases. Her growths aren't amazing (but hey, 70% Luck is not bad at all), but it doesn't really matter, because like I said, great bases. What's even more cool, is that she gets the holy weapon Yewfelle, which while many say is the worst of the holy weapons, is still a holy weapon regardless. And it gives a bonus of 10 points in Strength and Speed, two stats that are quite important (if it gave a 10 point bonus for Skill, then behold, a holy weapon that gives bonuses for the important stats). Briggid also dodges quite well, especially with the Yewfelle in hands. But don't expect her to dodge everytime- one of the problems I faced when trying to save Briggid from the pirates, was that while she dodged their attacks quite often, and even attacked them when they attacked her with their arrows and Hand axes, she will likely get hit after... I guess 6 or 5 attacks (not too sure)? And she can at best survive 3 or 4 attacks. Thus, you have to reach her really quick by killing everything with the Gae Bolg. But, at least she does survive for quite some turns, unlike Taillte and Claude.

In the end, she's a really good unit, and it's also helpful she gets the Renewal skill(heals HP of unit) after getting her holy weapon.

Claude:

So now we also get to rate the spiritual predecessor of Sophia! I mean sure, Sophia can tell the future anytime while Claude has to go to some tower, but it still counts right? Right?

Anyways, he gets a ???/10. Joking. 5/10.

To be honest, Claude is like the oddball of the Gen 1 units. He gets mentioned in the narration before the Prologue. He then goes to some tower. Then he joins at the end of Ch3. With his 'bodyguard' who's so squishy. And he doesn't even bring a Heal Staff with him! Sure he brings the Fortify Staff with him, a staff that heals everyone on the map within a given range, but I'm pretty sure it won't be able to reach any unit, including Briggid, considering how far away everyone is when Claude joins. It's only useful for healing Taillte at that time, but it only has 10 uses. And I rather not waste the money that Claude has to repair that staff, especially considering when you might need it to repair the Valkyrie Staff instead (I know it's way more expensive than 10,000 gold to repair it, but Dew is there with his bag of money to give). But then again, save states and normal saves exists so...yeah, I guess it is not much a problem to use his Fortify.

I also mentioned the holy staff that Claude brings with him. The Valkyrie Staff. It basically just revives a dead unit. But there's no point in it when we got saves and save states to fix everything! But still, it's a nice staff to have if you don't feel like using save states.

Claude can also battle, but really, there are units way better than him to do that job. So, yes, his job is being a staffbot, if it wasn't obvious. As a father, he's the best dad for Sylvia, because Sylvia's kids are typical support units, and Corple would love to have a star in his staff rank. He's also a potential father for Fury, as Sety can use the Valkyrie Staff, being a sage and all. Fee also gets a B in staves, which is cool I guess.

All in all, Claude is the last staffbot you get, but the least useful one, as Aideen would likely be already be promoted by that time, and while Ethlyn leaves, you still have Lachesis, who can also use staves AND has an A rank in it. Plus, Valkyrie is either useful or not, depending on whether you do resets or not, when a unit dies, that is. But at least he comes with Fortify.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

Briggid is badass but she's also pretty useless outside of her join chapter. Killer stats and Yewfelle is pretty neat, though. 3/10, +.5 bias for being Patty's mom. 3.5/10

Claude is a staffbot, but I don't think there's much use for him regardless. 3/10

Briggid comes pretty late but she's essentially a walking nuke with Ichieval. Chapters 4 and 5 aren't as movement heavy as the others so there's a couple of places she can still contribute, although it's limited to nuking Pegasi and Wyverns. Her availability is pretty poor though, and despite her explosive offense she's still limited to player phase.

4/10

Claude is essentially a spare Aideen if you blew yours up somehow. He's not particularly impressive in combat, but he functions fine as an extra staff bot. He would scare as well as Aideen, but she has a good two and a half chapters on him but there's nothing innately wrong with him.

4.5/10

Finally, time to finish Gen 1. Let's start with Briggid first. She's a prepromote sniper and all the ltcers leave ...As I was saying, she's a sniper. That means no enemy phase like our other two archers. However, the way this game seems to work for me is the later an archer you are, the better you are. Midir is pretty meh, Jamka is pretty cool, and Briggid nukes anything in range. She's cool like that. Good bases help. Then her sister gives her a holy weapon. Sure Ichival is the worst of the holy weapons. It's still a holy weapon. And holy weapons are amazing. Not much is surviving two attacks from it. I mean the thing has effectively 40 might! And the next chapter she's in is full of fliers! And squishy mages she has good odds to OHKO! And she has Pursuit as well! Now she is still an archer, so no EP unless the AI is being dumb. That does happen. She is a foot unit, but she's the 6-move variety so it's not the end of the world. She's a better Jamka except she has worse availability.

I can't remember what I gave Jamka, a 7 or something. You can get a 7/10 as well, Briggid.

Now for Claude! He's a staffbot. He has literally no skills. He comes with Fortify and Valkyrie, which can bring units back from the dead. Sick of RNG abusing some chump to keep them alive? Revive them! Get a great unit killed during an ironman or something? Revive them! Any other cause of death? Revive them! ...That's about it, honestly. He's a staffbot, through and through. Also five move.

You can revive and Fortify, so take a 5.5/10 or something. No First Warper Bonus for you.

So, we've got a double feature this time! And two Major Holy Blood units as well.

Brigged has got some amazing bases, while also carrying a major blood and gets her weapon quickly, so she should be amazing, right? Unfortunately, she has 1: the holy weapon with the worst total boosts (Why doesn't it also give luck? She's got the holy blood focused on luck! FFS.), as well as a poor weight, 2: she's an unmounted unit in FE4: Geneology of the Mounted War, 3: she's an Archer. So, on the one hand, she's can't respond well in enemy phase, on the other hand she's not got Charge like Jamke and thus can't get screwed over by it. But she's still a powerful unit who'll take units out well in player phase, and with pegasi still around as enemies, and the Thracian band in Chapter 5, she's still got quite a few to fight. Also, it's a shame she's only in now, she would have been really appreciated against Eldigan.

This time, the fluff is a big spoiler! Avoid before finishing FE5!

I'm just going to briefly bring up her involvement in FE5. So in FE5, we discover someone with a likeness to Brigged, but older and swinging swords around. So you get an idea of how she's been involved in Fiana, and then after Chapter 3 is caught, and put in an arena where she has to face her adopted daughter, Mareeta. And then is turned into stone, which is how you find her if you get to Chapter 24x, and then there's a convo afterwards where everyone says hello (including the bench) and Fin then hints at her being Brigged, which she denies. And then the ending reveals she remembers being Brigged all of a sudden and meets her kids again.

I've given my thoughts on the reveal elsewhere, but as a character, I like Evayle. I just would prefer the two being different people is all.

Brigged has actually got quite a few options to work with, on whether or not to focus on improving her daughter or her son. Her son is taking her equipment, holy blood and class, so he'll be looking for skills that help improve his ability to take out things in one round, if not one hit. Her daughter is a thief, and so she has options to improve her offensive output or her ability to steal, and hopefully her ability to dodge. The thing is, her very general growths mean that she'll like some dad who improves those and while she has Pursuit, it's tied to her class, so her daughter might be looking for the Pursuit Skill or at least the Pursuit Ring if she can be spared it (at least until she promotes, as she'll get it from her promotion).

Dew (Faval is pretty good on most of his growths, being at least 50% in strength, skill, speed and defence, with Luck being over 100 and better than average res. Patty will also be quite strong and fast, but less so than Faval pretty much across the board, and she'll inherit his C rank swords (including the Wind Sword). Skill wise, Patty will like having Sol when it procs to help with opponents, while both love Bargain; Patty in order to more effectively act as a thief, and Faval because he can repair Ichival for half price, and repairing a holy weapon for half price is worth it. Shame HP is low and Patty is below 100 HP growth.)

Holyn (Faval will have great skill (helps cover for Ichival) and monstrous HP (making him the one unit likely to hit 80 HP), with everything else being alright, not exceptional growth wise, nothing is bad growth wise (he has 502 total for his growths, this isn't surprising). Patty gets B swords at base (great for her, as she can have more choice when she's recruited), great HP and skill and is doing well across the board, with nothing notably bad on her. Skill wise, only Patty benefits, but Luna is a fantastic skill for her, as it allows for her to actually more effectively fight and steal.)

Jamke (Faval has great HP, Strength and Luck while his defence and speed are alright and his skill is bad. Patty . She can't inherit his bows, so killing for her weapons is necessary. Skill wise, they'll both have Charge and Continue, which makes Faval a monster on offence, while Patty will like Continue, though Charge initially might be an issue.)

Lex (Faval is a bit of brick, with good strength, great HP and defence, and alright to poor skill and speed. Patty has a combination of good HP and strength and great defence, while being a bit low on skill and speed. Skill wise, Elite allows both of them to get stronger faster, while Ambush means that if Patty has been hurt enough, she'll be able to hit ahead of other units. For Faval, it's mostly irrelevant.)

Beowolf (Faval gets some good growths across the board, with the most notable being his good skill and strength. Patty will have something similar, and gets C rank swords from him. Skill wise, Patty getting Pursuit early is nice, while both will appreciate Charge for their offensive abilities (well, at least Faval will.))

I'm going to have to rate her a 5/10. She's certainly able to fight, but she's only around for 2 chapters, so she can't do much time wise. That and being bow-locked. Also, she can kill her brother in Chapter 5.

Claude is a staffbot in Chapter 3. I could finish here, but I might as well go into some more detail. So he shows up with Tiltyu, with no tome himself and only Fortify. This is a pain, as you'll likely want him to heal just Tiltyu or just Brigged, who he'll also be fighting alongside. He's also unarmed (*groan). And has not a single skill. So, we have an unarmed, unmounted, unskilled staffbot who is in a land of pirates. So what does he have? He has the Valkyrie Staff, which can resurrect a unit who dies. Which can be repaired. And he can use tomes, he just needs to buy one. Aside from that, he's just a staffbot With his growths, he's good at dodging and using staves, and not much else. A pretty typical staffbot imo. No big combat he's needed for, nothing exceptional besides wielding all staves. I think I'm done here.

Claude actually got information in the extra material (like treasures) on his possible endings, and it includes some of the theoretical fates he has after the end of G1 (to summarise: he dies, either to resurrect Tiltyu or after years being blinded and crippled, minded by Sylvia.). He's also noted as having a person travel around in Thracia 776 as the "Eyes of Claude". They do confirm Claude is dead, but only recently: this means that he also survived the BBBQ. *sigh

Pairing wise, Claude is terrible for Brigged, Ayra and Lachesis (despite giving Nanna a staff rank boost). From there, it's a bit variable. For Tiltyu, he only provides stats to her kids, with nothing skill wise to count for (though he gives Tinny A staves). For Aideen, he pretty much condemns Lester to being a terrible unit, with growths that don't fit him, while Lana's a great staffbot, with A staves from the start (and is thus able to do the Rescue Glitch for all of G2. Sometimes, suboptimal is broken!). But for Fury and Sylvia, he makes his sons great staffbots (both will have all the staves to use), while boosting dodging for both and making both powerful with magic and tanking magic (Sety can get C rank tomes from him too). His daughters are also boosted in a similar manner (e.g. Leen has a higher res growth than Corple, while Fee will have quite high growth too) The big thing is that he provides no skills and he doesn't give much of anything else besides staves and stave growths, meaning his impact besides is limited.

I'll rate him 3.5/10 (negative bias for bringing no tomes in a sea of pirates). It's just that he's not got anything besides staves. But it won't hurt to use him at all, and he's useful if you lost units already (to both resurrect and to replace).

Also, I'll have a final unit rating later, maybe tomorrow! No rating of mine is safe, so anyone could go down or up (Except ZIGLUDO-CHAN-SAN-SAMA-SENPAI-SAN-SAMA-SAN-SENPAI-CHAN, he's safe. But Sigurd might be in trouble.)

Edited by Dayni

Briggid - Ichival is kind of an underwhelming holy weapon, but it works well enough in gen 1 since its bad hit doesn't hurt it too much since nobody has any avoid. She's footlocked without any real utility other than killing things though, and even though Jamka doesn't have Ichival he kills pretty much anything Briggid does anyway and he's been around since the end of chapter 1. I'll give her a 2.5/10.

Claude - He's a staffbot. He can't really do it very well since he joins near the end of the generation and Aideen kinda wants to start hoading all the useful staves around chapter 4/5. Still, reserve is nice to have and he can restore bot in chapter 4 if anyone gets put to sleep. I'll give him a 2.5/10 as well.

I think we should just assume kids at their best when rating them. It doesn't matter if people are giving Sety 8/10 for Levin!Sety or Claude!Sety, they're both still Sety!

With this post, I give my previous and final ratings to G1 of FE4. Any alterations previously made are noted, but the score furthest to the right is my final rating, and that will be where it stays. I might elaborate, but this is the final rating I give to these units. Now, as for G2... I don't know. I don't know which way I'd prefer to rate them.
Sigurd 10/10 -> 10/10 (Of course he was safe!)
Noish 5/10 -> 6/10 -> 5.5/10 (negative bias due to limited ability)
Alec 6/10 -> 6/10 (doubling > initial power)
Arden 1.5/10 -> 1.5/10 (really, it's Arden. Did you expect an increase)
Cuan 8.5/10 -> 8.5/10 (I think he's fine as is)
Ethlyn 9/10 -> 8.5/10 (I do think that she's a great unit, but one who is limited at first.)
Fin 8.5/10 -> 8.5/10 (Brave Lance/10)

Lex 9/10 -> 8.5/10 -> 8/10 (I kinda have to: he's still axe locked, and it does bite him at points.)

Azel 7/10 -> 6.5/10 (He's still powerful, but he does need promotion to be his best)
Midir 6.5/10 -> 7/10 (It's mount emblem after all)

Dew 6/10 -> 6.5/10 (Thieving is useful: his bases are not)

Aideen 7/10 -> 6.5/10 (It's mostly the 5 movement against her)

Ayra 8.5/10 -> 7.5/10 -> 7/10 (Powerful... But she is frail!)

Deirdre 1.5/10 -> 1.5/10 (She matters!.... for 1.5 chapters.)

Jamke 7/10 -> 6.5/10 (He can make pain in player phase. Not so much in enemy phase.)

Holyn 7/10 -> 6/10 (Shame he doesn't have more defence. And that Luna's really only useful against armours.)

Lachesis 5.5/10 -> 5.5/10 (Great after 19 levels. Who knew? Everyone.)

Levin 8.5/10 -> 8/10 (Well, he's not got the best defence after all)

Sylvia 8/10 -> 8/10 (Well, she still dances for 4 units.)
Beowolf 6/10 -> 5.5/10 (Pursuit is useful, but he does need work to get good. Plus, he's pretty late.)
Fury 7.5/10 -> 7/10 (All I said still stands)

Tiltyu 4.5/10 -> 4.5/10 (Wrath is a powerful beast. It's a good thing Ishtar didn't get it.)

Claude 3.5/10 -> 3.5/10 (he's a back up healer.)
Brigged 5/10 -> 4.5/10 (Goes down because she's a bit stuck initially with all the 1-2 range pirates)

I also mentioned the holy staff that Claude brings with him. The Valkyrie Staff. It basically just revives a dead unit. But there's no point in it when we got saves and save states to fix everything! But still, it's a nice staff to have if you don't feel like using save states.

The Valkyrie staff has a small niche to allow for a trick I call Death Warping. A unit who is dead gets their turn back when they are revived so it's possible that a unit you want back in the castle to maybe sell some of their gear for inheritance is too far away to make it so they can suicide on a big enemy and then get revived in order to sell their gear. It's probably only useful in LTC but I think it's worth noting.

Also I think I'll update some scores of my own.

Deirdre 3 -> 2

Azel 4 -> 5

Edited by Valkama

BRIGGID:

Hrrmmm...*sigh*. Well, her base stats are ludicrously high; she's also going to be getting a Holy Weapon this very chapter, one that gives +10 Str, +10 Spd, and even the Live skill! Unfortunately, said Holy Weapon has 13 WT instead of 8, so Brigid's AS ends up being 18 instead of 23; but it matters not. She still probably won't be outsped by anyone she fights, and she'll be getting 60+ MT with that Holy Weapon in action. But, she's still a foot unit that's locked to 2-Range. It's a shame seeing those kinds of stats and weapons locked to 6 Move and 2-Range, but, that's the way it goes sometimes.

Still, she DOES get to do some helpful things here and there. She's a fantastic meatshield for Claude and Taillte in Chapter 3, she can murder pegasus knights and kill those Blizzard spammers in Chapter 4, and she's a nice crutch character for fighting the likes of Langbart and Reptor in case you didn't get Holsety. Sure, Sigurd can use his Tyrfing, but he may not be able to get as many uses out of it as he would like; and he's locked to 1 Range besides.

So in conclusion, she's hits ridiculously hard for someone who takes absolutely no investment, she's fantastic at protecting Claude and Taillte, and she gets herself a free Holy Weapon. And, she still suffers from the same weaknesses that all archers suffer from.

7/10 (Aira got a 6/10 from me, and I got more use of Brigid than I ever got from Aira)

CLAUDE:

There's...actually not a whole lot to say about him. He's not great in combat, but his supremacy in staves is more than enough to make up for that. The Reserve staff, for example, is borderline broken; it restores [10 + Caster Magic] to everyone with 10 spaces of the caster! 10 Spaces! That is an absurd amount of range for someone who can restores up to 31 HP at once! The Valkyrie staff is pretty cool too; it revives dead people! It can only be used once before breaking, however; in other words, you have to pay 30,000G for every time you use it.

9/10 (+1 extra for being able to revive dead people)

Edited by FionordeQuester

The Valkyrie staff has a small niche to allow for a trick I call Death Warping. A unit who is dead gets their turn back when they are revived so it's possible that a unit you want back in the castle to maybe sell some of their gear for inheritance is too far away to make it so they can suicide on a big enemy and then get revived in order to sell their gear. It's probably only useful in LTC but I think it's worth noting.

*snip*

That actually sounds like a useful trick. However, the Return and Warp Staff can do such a job as well, so there won't be any need of suicides. Unless, the user with those staffs is too far away, then this trick is definitely useful. Will keep it noted though.