Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War 2017 Tier List - Day 39: The support kids (Corple, Lene, Sharlow and Laylea)

OliKad

That actually sounds like a useful trick. However, the Return and Warp Staff can do such a job as well, so there won't be any need of suicides. Unless, the user with those staffs is too far away, then this trick is definitely useful. Will keep it noted though.

I believe in 0% LTC it can be used for some goofy strats, I was talking to Horace about it earlier.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Yojinbo Ah, ok. Then I guess the Death Warping trick is really useful, for the reasons you guys stated.

I think I should also update one of my ratings as well:

Noish: I don't remember the exact score I gave to him (I'm pretty sure it was a 6). Anyways, I'm changing it to 5/10, because he really only deserves one point higher than Alec, as he isn't that great. If he had at least Pursuit, or didn't had the 'Lex syndrome' of never dodging, then I would've given him a higher score. Or at least his Critical should be activated more often, since he does have that skill which barely ever activates. At least Pink is a good father to some, like Ayra's kids.

@Jedi The Red goofy strats eh? ....I'd actually like to know some of these, so I could some funny things in this game, heh heh.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

Bridget: she is a foot-locked bow user who joins late and has the worst holy weapon of the game.

Still, her base stats are pretty good and she can kill some pegasi in chapter 4 and some wyverns in chapter 5, which is nice.

3.5/10

Claude: he joins with a valkyrie and fortify staff, which gives him some use. However, he still joins pretty late and his low movement does hinder his utility(tough fortify kind of makes up for it)

3/10

Bridget can still kill plenty of things easily but her Holy Weapon is bowlocked and doesn't even have much decent stat boosts. 4/10

Claude is footlocked but at the very least a decent healer with the added bonus of not needing any investment. 5/10

Bridget- Requires no investment whatsoever and gets quick access to a holy weapon. She is hindered by her lack of mount and she's not very useful on enemy phase due to being bow-locked. Still, having access to holy weapons is fun. 6.5/10

Claude- He comes with a long-ranged healing staff and has the Valkyrie staff. He is slow, however, due to being limited to 5 movement. He does give you a rescue staff when paired with Aideen, so there's that. 5.5/10

Briggid: Comes at a decent level with fantastic bases and moderate growth rates, and gets ez access to a holy weapon to boot. Sure the Ichival is a bit less imposing than other holy weapons but its ranged and still far outclasses any non-holy weapon in its family line. She also pairs well with almost anyone, though not quite as RNG proof as Ayra's kids are due to Patty being a thief. Either way, Briggid is extremely useful out the gate and there's no reason NOT to use her, her only drawbacks are you only have her for the final third of the game. That said, she's a bow user right before fighting a whole fuckton of pegasus knights... 8/10 for me!

Claude: Comes at a HIGH level (20!) and is basically the best staffbot. He has no skills and can only use C rank magic so its best just to keep him unarmed entirely really, but he's the only one who can use the almighty reserve staff in G1 short of a master knight Lachesis (and he puts it to better use with his far better magic stat), plus the Valkyrie Staff which allows you to resurrect fallen allies! Leveling him is basically a nonfactor because both of these basically grant a whole free level up on use (Reserve grants what, 85 exp?). So yeah, like Briggid, why WOULDN'T you use Claude? his movement is low, but reserve is ranged at least. As a father he's really only good for Sylvia and maybe Fury, as his divine weapon is extremely niche being a staff and all. All the same, great healer, carries his own weight, only drawback is like Briggid he comes in the final third of the game, but holds his own for that duration. 8/10 as well!

Claude: Comes at a HIGH level (20!) and is basically the best staffbot. He has no skills and can only use C rank magic so its best just to keep him unarmed entirely really, but he's the only one who can use the almighty reserve staff in G1 short of a master knight Lachesis (and he puts it to better use with his far better magic stat),

Can't Aideen use the Reserve staff once she's promoted (which she ought to be when Claude joins)?

^So, wait, would Lana be able to use it? She has a B rank in staves, but if Claude is her father would it get to A rank, like how Claude!Fee gets a B rank in staves?

I'm pretty open to alternative pairings but is there ANY reason to pair Aideen with Claude? Sure, Lana will get A in staves and can inherit them, but you still lose Valkyrie because Lester can't use staves and both kids get noooo skills. Lana becomes an A+ tier healer but Lester is absolutely trashed growth wise as well. Is the rescue staff really worth all that?

^ Nah, no reason really. Lana will just be more of a super staffbot without a star rank in staves. And Lester will be totally sucky with no skills.

As for the Rescue staff being really worth having: well, you get it in like Ch10 of Gen2, but I never really found any need for it, or in any other FE except maybe FE3. So, yes, I don't think it's really needed that much in this game, but that is just my opinion.

Claud!Lana is in my opinion in contention for top 5 units in gen 2. She is your only A rank staff user for most of the game and she can inherit the rescue staff which makes chapter 7 much less tedious as she can rescue the Lenster units along with Rescuing Seliph around to shorten backtracking. She can also spam Fortify to heal pretty much your entire team so you never need another healer. She promotes as early as in the middle of Chapter 7 so she can win some Arenas for money. Her high magic makes her a great status staff user later in the game. She is great from beginning to end and never drops off. The loss of a good Lester in my opinion doesn't even compare.

I never saw a need to rescue the Lenster squad myself. Send Fee over to help fight and they can basically hold their own and the reinforcements make good experience.

I just have Nanna return everyone herself, personally (after they've cleared out all of the relevant enemies, that is).

Edited by Refa

Leif usually wants to go up top for better experience and Nanna doesn't have much of a purpose at the bottom. Finn can take care of everything usually if he's promoted. It's a good option if you have Janne or didn't leave the return ring on Nanna/Leif.

I'm pretty open to alternative pairings but is there ANY reason to pair Aideen with Claude? Sure, Lana will get A in staves and can inherit them, but you still lose Valkyrie because Lester can't use staves and both kids get noooo skills. Lana becomes an A+ tier healer but Lester is absolutely trashed growth wise as well. Is the rescue staff really worth all that?

You get access to the Rescue staff from chapter 6 on, when it's not very useful. And then Leaf promotes and rescue staff shenanigans are the name of the game. I take rescue staff use over a better Lester.

With the Rescue glitch it would be the best but most runs don't exploit that glitch cause it's kinda boring. Without the glitch the rescue staff actually saves no turns in Ch6. However it turns out that getting the rescue staff through Claud ends up saving 2-3 more turns than it does though Azel.

Edited by Valkama