Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War 2017 Tier List - Day 39: The support kids (Corple, Lene, Sharlow and Laylea)

OliKad

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noish and Alec are usually around Level 7-8 after chapter 1. In my current run I'm having them fight up Mackily and Augusty and ignoring the Elite ring in chapter 2. They look like they will end up about level 12 meaning they should be promoting easily after the chapter 4 arena. Getting them promoted in chapter 3 requires a decent amount of favoritism for them since they would need 3 more levels than what I'm planning but probably doable. Getting Beo promoted wouldn't be hard, he just needs a level, some change, and then nab the elite ring and clear both Arenas.

I usually just have Noish and Alec boss abuse the first boss in Ch4. Although boss abusing Gandalf would be a preferable choice.

It would make saving those triplets in Ch2 much easier.

^It's the problem of making every mounted unit reach in time to save them. Usually Sigurd and Cuan make it in time, and any other promoted mounted unit, but only Sigurd is really capable of protecting them, specifically the one on the left, while Cuan will just get murdered thanks to "no dodge syndrome".

Then again, my strategy must be at flaw.

I never really had a problem with keeping the Hezul guards alive. Sigurd, Quan, Ethlyn, Finn, Lex, and Midayle do an exceptional job with dispatching the enemies.

Edited by Zeems

I never really had a problem with keeping the Hezul guards alive. Sigurd, Quan, Ethlyn, Finn, Lex, and Midayle do an exceptional job with dispatching the enemies.

I somehow managed to do it all three times, but it was mostly thanks to the AI making some very... questionable choices.

^It's the problem of making every mounted unit reach in time to save them. Usually Sigurd and Cuan make it in time, and any other promoted mounted unit, but only Sigurd is really capable of protecting them, specifically the one on the left, while Cuan will just get murdered thanks to "no dodge syndrome".

Then again, my strategy must be at flaw.

What I found to work pretty much consistently is to have sigurd and Cuan kill(with javelins) the enemies next to the leftmost paladin, and then canto into their spot and switch to proper weapons. Cian usually doesn't die though I suppose he can if he gets focussed on.

I think one of them has a chance of death no matter how fast you are though they just need to dodge once.

Yo Valkama! I found an LTC FE4 AAAA Rank run on Nico Nico Douga if you're curious...

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4577715/videoExplorer

It has the following turn counts...

Prologue - 11 Turns

Chapter 1 in 22 Turns

Chapter 2 in 23 Turns

Chapter 3 in 15 Turns

Chapter 4 in 22 Turns

Chapter 5 in 16 Turns

Chapter 6 in 19 Turns

Chapter 7 in 25 Turns

Chapter 8 in 10 Turns

Chapter 9 in 15 Turns

Chapter 10 in 11 Turns

Chapter Final in 10 Turns

201 Total Turns

Edited by FionordeQuester

The LTC run I routed and the AAAA-run Valkama is currently doing both have significantly lower turn counts than that. There's also the legendary 161 run on Nicovideo that gets AAAA rank in 161 turns.

Edited by Yojinbo

Here's the final bit of endgame + the credits:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5401513?playlist_type=mylist&group_id=8500184&mylist_sort=0&ref=mylist_s0_p1_n36

And here's the playlist:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/8500184

Note that there's only Chapter 8, 9, 10 and Endgame uploaded of the 161 run. The other videos are from different runs but they should be sufficient to explain how he managed to pull it off.

The 161 run is mostly complete, it has some extra videos where they use the Claude x Aideen pairing instead of Azel x Aideen. It's a good run but it's outdated. Claude x Aideen is superior to Azel for not only saving about 3 more turns but also for giving you more turns to work with in gen 1 to allow more pairings to go through like Lachesis and Bridget who are impossible to pair at LTC speed with Azel x Aideen.

Edited by Valkama

Our boi R- oh wait, wrong lord. *ahem* Our lord Seliph kicked off the 2nd gen with a still very impressive rating of 9.36/10 after 18 votes, that is probably explained by his unpromoted beginning. But he's still awesome. :3

​Now, for our second ''fixed'' character, it's time for the one that was badass enough to start his won archetype - and was looking cool doing it - the one and only Oifey!

Class: Paladin (Level 15)
Holy Blood: None
Personal Skills: Pursuit, Critical

Class Skills: None
Stats:
40 HP (100%)
16 Strength (40%)
9 Magic (5%)
17 Skill (50%)
16 Speed (30%)
17 Defense (30%)
8 Resistance (10%)
8 Luck (40%)

My thoughts: Like I said, Oifey was the first badass who started his archetype of the same name: the prepromotes who act like crutch characters at the start, but have good enough bases and growth rates to stay relevant through the whole adventure. And, well, that's way Oifey is! He joins with good enough bases stats and solid growths all-around (except subpar Res, but that's to be expected), probably the best starting equipment you could give him for his role (Armorslayer and Javelin), which makes him perfect for getting rid of those annoying bow armors and doing distant damage to tougher enemies. Thanks to said growth rates, his very good skillset of Pursuit/Critical and the sole fact of being a Paladin, this guy will most likely still be competent when he others will catch up to him, especially if you give lots of weapons (including Magic Swords and effective weapons). But, the sad thing is that he'll be far outclassed in a no-sub run, because of their better stats and avalanche of skills, so that's kind of sad.
Still, I do really like him, both as a unit and as a character and his mustache really helps, too! so for filling his role perfectly and still being good enough at the end of Julius's reign, I'll give Oifey a 8/10, especially for his utility in a substitute run. I can sense it even if I never did one. :P

His bases are fine, his growths are alright (similar to Sigurd's), has two good skills with pursuit and critical and can use two different weapon types.

He's great in the beginning (absolutely needed for weaking the great knight boss in chapter 6) and still usable later on but outclassed other mounted units.

However I still give him enough credits for his performance in earlygame.

7.5 / 10

Oifey is the Jeigan of Gen 2. So let's see how he shapes up. At the start of the game, he completely dominates and anything that tries to attack him will die. He is still highly effective in Ch7, and is still good in Ch8 and 9. Alas, he starts falling off at Ch10, but he never becomes truly useless. His bases are ridiculously good for the start of the game and that armourslayer keeps him one-rounding the armours in your path right up to ch10. He also comes with a javelin so he can two range, and he can use magic swords fairly effectively with his decent magic stat. Even past the point of falloff, he is a good tank with a shield ring and can still heavily chip the remaining armoured enemies. Skillwise, Oifey has Pursuit and Critical. He's just like a normal unit from any other game in that regard, but this is a luxury in the land of Jugdral. I may classify all early game prepromos as Jeigans to keep things simple, but there's a reason Oifey gives his name to that particular subdivision. Also moustache.

Earlygame would be much worse without Oifey around. Take an 8 +bias because moustache for an 8.5/10.

First of all, I would like to change my rating of Levin to a 9/10 instead of a 10/10. He's not quite as good as Sigurd, and his rating should reflect that. Now then:

Oifaye was...a fairly tough character for me to rate. In fact, he and all of the substitute characters were tough. I've never once used him or ANY of the Subs, so I had to rely primarily on reading draft playthroughs, speculation, and word-of-mouth in order to rate them. And in Oifaye's case, I have arrived at this conclusion.

He is one of the best units in the entire game...but not for the reasons you would think. You see, for anyone not familiar with the series, there's a character arch-type called the “Jeigan”. The “Jeigan” is a character that tends to appear in the beginning of all FE games. Their whole shtick is that they're really good at the start, but mediocre at the end. Moreover, most FE games have heavier EXP penalties for having high level character kill low level enemies, so the “Jeigan” becomes a beginner's trap. Feed them too much EXP, and you'll have neglected your other, weaker characters; and all in exchange for absolutely terrible level ups on a unit that you were never meant to keep using to the end.

Like FE7 Marcus, he is the ultimate crutch character. He is completely and utterly outclassed by all of the typical heavy hitters that people love...but that doesn't matter. Because unlike said heavy hitters, he comes at the very beginning of the game, doesn't require any investment, and is still JUST strong enough to make the game winnable. It doesn't matter if all your other units got killed, or if you messed up your pairings; he'll still carry your team until you get other guys like Sety.

For example; you see this guy below?

Fire%20Emblem%20-%20Seisen%20no%20Keifu2

He's a Chapter 7 boss that's got Reptor's weapon now, and he literally OHKOes almost everyone on your team (provided you haven't been raising them)! Celice gets OHKOed at base level, Lakche gets OHKOed at base level...even Shanan gets OHKOed! The only two characters who start with high enough stats to survive a hit from him are Oifaye and Aless; and the latter person starts as an enemy unit. This means that one could accidentally lose out on the latter person by killing them, while Oifaye will always be there. Plus, one also gets a free Hero Sword in Chapter 7; so killing Blume is as easy as rigging two criticals.

For this reason, I give him a 9/10. Some might rate him lower for the fact that he's not too good in the lategame; but by that point, you have guys like Shanan, Aless, Sety/Hawk, and Narga!Julia. So hey, if Levin's getting a 10/10 from me, may as well give it to Oifaye too.

Edited by FionordeQuester

Oifaye is dependable but not fantastic. He's limited by kinda lame weaponry and Celice eating everything in chapter 6, and is good in chapter 7. but past then he's just another member of the team. I'll give him a 6.5/10.

Oifey! 8/10!

Oifey was the first of his archetype to defy the curse that is the Jeigan archetype. Because he's not old. Or sick. The handsome devil, he is.

Ahem, anyways. Oifey has more uses than old Jeigan could have. He starts out with high bases. He doesn't have bad growths- which are even better than Ferry's. He has two skills, the ever so important Pursuit, and Critical.

So, basically, not bad growths + two good skills + high bases = Oifey, the character that can protect your frail units, kill enemy units, basically he remains relevant as a unit capable of fighting till the endgame. While he may get outclassed by the kids, he still remains strong in his own way- making it easier to not worry about leaving some old geezer on the bench, or in this case, inside the castle.

Besides, his mustache is too good.

Oi, it's Brofaye.

Oifaye isn't too bad. Pursuit + Critical are amazing skills, so he can hold his own for a while. Really rad in the first two chapters (mainly Chapter 7 as Chapter 6 is Seliph's romp to promotion), but then falls off since that's when the other units start getting broken. Still, he can keep up with the others due to having a mount and decent growths.

7/10