Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War 2017 Tier List - Day 39: The support kids (Corple, Lene, Sharlow and Laylea)

OliKad

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, time to see if Oifey holds up as his own archetype.

Oifey shows up a few turns in Chapter 6, just in case you were in trouble (also two other people show up, ehwhocares). He starts with an Armourslayer, which helps a lot with the armour units that show up here early on, and can use the Iron Blade that's for sale if no units need it more. He's also a Paladin (with all that entails), has A swords, Pursuit (Great for the usual reasons) and Critical (which works better for him than Noish with his higher growth and base skill. And there's more likely a weapon with innate crit by now) and his bases are great now, and with his growths he should be able to fight to the end. He's not going to be a gamebreaker like either Holsety wielder or Claude!Rana with Rescue to spam, but he's still able to pull his weight and will be good for fighting most enemies. He might not be the best bosskiller, but he's still a unit who's good for helping raise the rest of the army by leaving others alive with equipment he can pick up later on, and who can fight well on his own. Even with the endgame, he'll still be useful for holding waves of enemies (Like Dozel's endless axes).

So, considering inheritance is irrelevant, I'm just going to mention that it's a little disappointing that he's one of the few player units with a moustache. I mean, why doesn't Shannan bother? What about G1?

I'm going to rate him an 8.5/10. Not exactly the most powerful, and trails off with time, but he's still important to get to the later chapters.

9/10

He can solo gen 2 up until the second half of chapter 10, requires next to no investment and doesn't actually "fall back" as people like to claim. Certain units - Celice, Leaf, Aless and a few others - may start outperforming him but he'll still ORKO pretty much every non-boss [and most bosses still] easily. Fin's the one who really falls back and he'll still do just fine so I'm neither particularly impressed by the claim that Oifaye falls behind nor do I think the "god among gods" argument holds much merit.

Oifaye is dependable but not fantastic. He's limited by kinda lame weaponry and Celice eating everything in chapter 6, and is good in chapter 7. but past then he's just another member of the team. I'll give him a 6.5/10.

IIRC That's a lower rating than what you gave Alec and Midir. You sure about that?

Edited by Yojinbo

absolutely. Oifaye really does very little throughout the course of the game and doesn't have anything special to contribute, he's just another combat unit and you have loads of those. At least Delmud contributes Charisma. I will admit I rated him a little lower to balance out all the crazy 9's and 10's he's getting, If Oifaye's getting a 9, what are people going to give Aless/Leaf? They aren't 10/10 units imo, and they're vastly better than Oifaye.

I'm also under the impresstion that a 5/10 is an average rating, unlike other people here who have said "average units" get 7. I've rated most units 1-2 points lower than the average for the most part this whole time. Alec has perfect availability, (Oifaye almost does too but he does nothing in his first chapter), and is very good with a chapter 3 promotion (which is what I assumed since it's using him at his fullest). Midir has some of the best offence on the team thats invaluable in chapter 2 where he has a chance to instagib armours that nobody can ORKO till Fin gets the brave lance, and in LTC he makes killing the barrier ring thwomp much easier. I also probably rated them slightly higher than normal because so many people gave them shit ratings and they're better than that (Alec moreso, he's probably the most underrated gen 1 unit)

Edited by General Horace

Alec never manages something Oifey doesn't need anymore... the promotion.

I don't quite understand why Blume was brought up.

There are still have two chapters left to train your units. Most units will be able survive a shot. He's breakfast for Holsety Arthur, Aless and Brave Sword Larcei / Ulster. Armorslayer Oifey is a rather bad choice because of the low accuracy of the armorslayer. Even the supports (Seliph, Nanna, Delmud) can't bring his accuracy not higher than 50%.

Oifey is a combination of Alec and Noish. He is well balanced and is very helpful in weakening foes in the first two chapters of Gen 2. If you are doing a Substitute run or have bad pairings, he becomes more required. 7.5/10

Oifey is a fuckin champ but not without his faults. He has fantastic growths and bases but sadly can't really start gaining EXP until a chapter or two into G2 because he comes at a high level (15!). He can double and he can crit which is a fantastic skill combo in FE4 and his Baldur blood helps ensure he gets enough skill to whop out those crits, AND he has access to A rank swords, overcoming one of the major drawbacks of the paladin class in FE4 as well as making him a prime candidate for either a silver sword or silver blade.

So what's his drawbacks? Well as stated, UNLIKE Cuan in G1 who comes at level 1 and thus gets full EXP from killing enemies despite his promoted status, where as Oifey comes at level 15 and therefore gets peanuts for EXP for all of chapter 6 and probably most if not all of chapter 7. Because of this, the second gen kids may well overshadow him by the time he's able to actually grow, though in a substitute run he may well be top of the pyramid... but being overshadowed doesn't make Oifey bad, it simply means others do shine better in the long run. 7/10 for Anime Charles Bronson (as my brother likes to call him due to the mustache).

I should swap my avatar back to Oifey actually...

He carries the weight he needs to while the rest of your party are still chumps. Even in later chapters, he can still contribute.

8.5/10 (+0.5 bias included for the awesome stache)

absolutely. Oifaye really does very little throughout the course of the game and doesn't have anything special to contribute, he's just another combat unit and you have loads of those. At least Delmud contributes Charisma. I will admit I rated him a little lower to balance out all the crazy 9's and 10's he's getting, If Oifaye's getting a 9, what are people going to give Aless/Leaf? They aren't 10/10 units imo, and they're vastly better than Oifaye.

Not sure how I'm gonna rate them honestly; probably gonna have to look at some more drafts and 0% playthroughs. And again, we have very different ways of looking at things; Oifaye is the ultimate crutch character. Yes, I never use him, and yes, he is destined to be surpassed by units with more potential; but his strength lies in him always being reliable, no matter how badly a new player messed up. Shanan and Aless are going to be your only juggernauts if you really messed things up, and neglected to train up Celice.

I'm also under the impresstion that a 5/10 is an average rating, unlike other people here who have said "average units" get 7.

Blame the American education system for that. "C's" are considered average, and they represent a 70-79% on a test. 60-69% is concerned sub-par, and anything lower than that is considered an outright failure. I'm not sure if you live in America, but that's pretty much how we've been conditioned to think.

I don't quite understand why Blume was brought up.

There are still have two chapters left to train your units. Most units will be able survive a shot.

Only if you've been training them. Aless and Oifaye are the only ones strong enough to survive a shot at base level.

He's breakfast for Holsety Arthur, Aless and Brave Sword Larcei / Ulster.

But not all new players are going to have those two.

Armorslayer Oifey is a rather bad choice because of the low accuracy of the armorslayer. Even the supports (Seliph, Nanna, Delmud) can't bring his accuracy not higher than 50%.

Indeed; that's why I mentioned giving him the Brave Sword instead. It's only 8000G, Celice gets a free one from Patty/Daisy, and the Arena gives 17,500G upon clearing it.

Edited by FionordeQuester

Oifaye would have been amazing in gen 1, but he's simply very good. The kids pick up really quickly and it's not long before he's playing second fiddle to the likes of Delmud. However, his stats are good for the most part and both of his skills are nice to have. There's a lot of competition for the decent swords, but Oifaye is more than content with rocking one of the silvers or a magic sword.

He's not bad, but he's relatively mediocre compared to some of the crazy units you get in gen 2. He'd probably be up there with Cuan in a vacuum but the context of gen 2 puts a damper on his score.

6.5/10

Alright, I may have been giving a bit much on Oifey. But Oifey being irrelevant is mostly because when you have powerful things to work with from the start instead.

I'll still bring him down to 7.5/10. I still think that he can serve an important role (and is great at the start), especially if you have a suboptimal group of kids/you didn't pass everything down. Not everyone's going to have the best pairings and everything passed down, and I'm going to have to figure out how to balance that personally.

G1 Oifey for best squire 100/10 underappreciated character of the game.

Actually, Oifey and child Shanan both show up on the map at the end of Chapter 5 where they flee to Issach, do they have any dummy stat sheets for that? I'm curious now...

G1 Oifey for best squire 100/10 underappreciated character of the game.

Actually, Oifey and child Shanan both show up on the map at the end of Chapter 5 where they flee to Issach, do they have any dummy stat sheets for that? I'm curious now...

Hey, you did changed your profile pic after all! Nice! ^^

But no, they don't have any stats for Gen 1, they're just map sprites, and that's it.

I'll give Oifey 7/10. In a vacuum he's a very solid unit who remains at least decent throughout the entire game. But later on in Gen 2 he gets outclassed by Seliph, Leif, and Ares. Having a mount and pursuit is great but the aforementioned three are on a whole different level.

Badass McMustache Paladin of awesome (that was cheesy...) got a rating of 7.65/10 after 17 votes! I have nothing else to say...

It's now time for the third fixed character out of the five that comes in this chapter. I'm of course talking about the eleventh hour final boss nuke, Julia!

Class: Shaman (Level 1)
Holy Blood: Major Naga, Minor Fala
Personal Skills: Pursuit, Continue, Nihil

Class Skills: None
Stats:
24 HP (95%)
0 Strength (10%)
11 Magic (100%)
8 Skill (20%)
11 Speed (30%)
3 Defense (10%)
14 Resistance (50%)
5 Luck (30%)

My thoughts: She plays the exact role as Seliph in my eyes: being like their parents, but with a twist. That's fitting, since they are siblings after all :P
Anyway, Julia is basically Deirdre, but... well, less horrible. For starters, she has much more availabity, being here for s big part of Chapter 6 and the 3 chapters afterwards. Also, unlike her mother, she can access a much better tome than Aura, the Nosferatu. Not only is it lighter, it also doesn't have that much less might, can give your HP back and, most imprtantly, negates the ever so annoying Great Shield skill! It really is a great tome, and one that she'll proudly use whenever she'll reach combat. And, for the third reason, she has slightly better combat abilities than her mother, being a bit faster, having more Magic, and slightly more defensive powers, so there's at least that. Also, let's not forget her AMAZING promotion bonuses, which includes +5 Skill, +7 Magic and +8 Speed! How can I say no to that?
Although she IS much better than Deirdre, Julia still has some of the flaws of her. While it's not as much of a problem here, the Nosferatu is still relavively heavy, so despite her higher Speed, she'll still have trouble to double swords users and maybe some lance users. And she's still a 5-movement foot-unit, which makes using her a bit tricky. However, there's still staves for her to spam in order to gain EXP easily, and well, she'll need those EXP...
...because a very specific event will make her unusable for Chapter 10 and pretty much 85% of the Final Chapter. However, at the end of it, she'll rejoin you with two new things: her mother's Circlet (which grants Renewal and Prayer) and the BEST WEAPON IN THE GAME or maybe in the series in term of stats, the Book of Naga. 30 Might, gives +20 to Skill, Speed, Defense and Resistance AND negates the nastly Loptyr effect of Julius? Yes, please. So essentially, she brings with her the only fast and easy way of beating the final boss, which is VERY appreciated! ^^

So yeah, Julia is still pretty flawed, but she IS much more important than Deirdre, so I'll give her a 7.5/10, just because she can easily defeat Julius. Besides, I found her to be very pretty :3

I actually forgot that she gets abducted after Ch9 and didn't sell off her Mend staff. Oh well, woe is me.

At least her and Deidre's mugs are actually somewhat different. Ayra/Larcei, Raquesis/Nanna on the other hand… and oh my, Eldigan/Ares.

For the love of everything that's holy, Eldigan/Ares.

[spoiler=yeah]diadora.pngyuria.pngira.pnglakche.pnglachesis.pngnanna.pngeltshan.pngaless.png

Actual vote: 5 / 10, +0,5 bias included. She's doing Nosferastuff and staffstuff in her chapters and also is a custom-tailored anti-Julius weapon.

I also bought her Light for some reason. Maybe because I'm stupid.

Also why would you even want to get Aura instead of Nosferatu back in Ch6?

Edited by Vaximillian

Till chapter 9:
She's a good healer and with resire a better combat unit than her mother. It's possible to do nosferatu-tanking with her. However she's still worse than Arthur, Tinny and Ced.
5 / 10

last chapter segment
11 / 10
I don't think I need to add a reason. She's the ticket to the boss. Otherwise it'll become pretty tedious with Seliph.

in total:
6 / 10

Edited by Eleanor Hume

if you get resire her accuracy leaves something to be desired so tanking with it isn't always the safest, but it's nice being able to have a unit ORKO the armours in chapter 7, She's basically useless in chapter 6 and chapter 8 though, then she's gone by chapter 10. She show up to goon the final boss. I'll give her a 3/10 for being slightly more useful than Deirdre, but still not that useful overall.

if you get resire her accuracy leaves something to be desired so tanking with it isn't always the safest, but it's nice being able to have a unit ORKO the armours in chapter 7, She's basically useless in chapter 6 and chapter 8 though, then she's gone by chapter 10. She show up to goon the final boss. I'll give her a 3/10 for being slightly more useful than Deirdre, but still not that useful overall.

The armor knight group in Chapter 8 can be trivialized with her and Nosferatu. I did it myself and it works like a charm ^^