Recruitable character here is a Lorenz. He's the General standing on the castle Gate. He's a mediocre unit... like a weaker Horace that comes late but with better weapon ranks. The village holds the Hammerne Staff which is pretty useful and as stated before, the best reason to keep Lena alive since she's the only one that can use it. The enemies took an interesting upgrade, from Silver to Brave weapons which is bad news for you. Your Magic users are even more likely to die in 1 assault now (a 7 DEF and 46 HP Merric is put to 6-8 HP in just 1 assault). The Brave weapons are precisely the reason why a General is quite useful in H5.
As usual, Longbow, Ridersbane/Pole Axe, Rapier/Wingspear are highly recommended. Also, Thunderbolt would be useful here if you still have it and since you get the Hammerne staff in this chapter, you can fix it for more uses later.Save point use:
Use the first one after killing all reinforcements or before taking on Camus. Use the 2nd when you reach it if you're taking that path.Reinforcements:
* Two Knights will appear from the southern Forts during Turn 7 of the Enemy Phase. They wield Brave Lance.
* A Paladin and three Cavaliers will appear from the western Forts during Turn 9 of the Enemy Phase. 2 of them are from the 4 forts close together on the southwest corner of the map and they wield Brave Lance. The Paladin wields Brave Sword and the cavalier wields a forged Killing Edge.
* Two Horsemen and a Cavalier will appear from the north-western, western and south-western Forts during Turn 10 of the Enemy Phase. The Cavalier wields a forged Javelin and the Horsemen wield Brave Bow (their attack is 18 though so they're not much of a threat).
If you're getting the Hammerne Staff, forget the bridge and just send your team left to save the village. 2 of the Paladins in the Hoistflamme group will move while the other 2 will stay until you move in their range. The 3 Brave Sword Paladins are also incoming enemies. They'll move through the mountains if you didn't raise the bridge.
After the saving the village, retreat back to your starting and wait for the reinforcements to come to you. Focus mostly on the strong Brave weapon users and don't worry much about the Horsemen (unless you've got flying units on you).
When the reinforcements are done, raise the bridge and go for Camus and the remaining enemies.Boss (Camus)/b]
42 ATK and 21 attack speed, definitely a force to be reckoned with. He'll attack once you're in his range and his weapon's range is just like the Javelin's so be careful. Lure him with a durable unit who can take a hit from both him and the Pachyderm Ballistican. Hit him with Longbow and Cavalier effective weapons. If you managed to kill him and have a strong fighter capable of taking on the nearby generic General, you can warp said fighter to kill the Pachyderm Ballistican and avoid a likely death.
Recruit with Marth or Sheeda, or kill him with Magic, indirect attacks and Armor effective weapons. He wields a Silver Lance and nothing else.
[b]Notes on my playthrough:
Catria was a Dragon Knight for this chapter for some extra DEF against the Brave weapons. I got the Hammerne Staff and Gradivus. Killed Bantu to bring my unit count to 15 so I can go to Chapter 20x.
Now that you have the Hammerne Staff, let's talk "cheap lategame". If you have the following:
* Class A set or Female unit who can achieve 30 SPD as a Swordmaster.
* 4 Warp staves and 3 Warp staves users at the end of this chapter.
* Tiki recruited (she can be dead right now but it is much better if she's still alive, otherwise you may require better fighters).
* A good amount of money... like the 30K from Bullion (XL).
You can beat the game in a few minutes. All you do is just finish the following chapters in 1 turn and with the rest of the requirements, you can pretty much take on the final chapter right now. I'll elaborate more as I post the next chapters.
Edited by Boo, 18 December 2008 - 11:41 PM.