The latest characters joining the game are Micaiah, Sothe, and Zelgius. Each comes equipped with a new weapon and at least one other new skill. You can see a full listing of all characters’ skills and abilities below.
The World of Dawn banner will go live tomorrow, 12 January, at 7:00am UTC. A new story chapter called “Guided by a Dream” will also come out then. We’ll also be seeing Oliver in the newest Grand Hero Battle! You’ll be able to challenge him starting on Sunday, January 14th.
Additionally, Update 2.1 is also live! The game will prompt you to download the new update when you load it up next.
Update 2.1 brings a few new things to the game including an increased Hero Merit cap, the ability to check maps before battle, new forges for Cymbeline and Parthia, a new type of Terrain in arena maps, and more! You can see a full listing of all updates at the bottom of the article.
Finally, Part 8 of the Heroes manga is now available! As always, thanks to Serenes Forest forum users Coolmanio and Linkmstr for the translation.
Micaiah: Priestess of Dawn:
- Thani (Blue Tome, Mt 14): Grants Res+3. Effective against armored and cavalry foes. Against armored and cavalry foes using bow, dagger, magic, or staff, damage from first attack received by unit during combat reduced by 30%.
- Sacrifice (Assist): Converts penalties on target into bonuses. Restores target’s HP = unit’s current HP -1. Unit’s HP reduced by amount restored.
- Distant Def 3 (A slot): If unit is attacked by foe using bow, daggers, magic, or staff, unit receives Def/Res+6 during combat.
- Guard 3 (B slot): If unit’s HP is ≥ 80% at start of combat, enemy is inflicted with Special cooldown charge -1. (If using similar skill, only highest value applied.)
- Drive Atk 2 (C slot): Grants allies within 2 spaces Atk+3 during combat.
- Peshkatz (Dagger, Mt 14): After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-4 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions, and grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 to unit and allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn.
- Glimmer (Special): Grants +50% to damage dealt.
- Life and Death 3 (A slot): Grants Atk/Spd+5. Inflicts Def/Res-5.
- Spur Atk/Spd 2 (C slot): Grants adjacent allies Atk/Spd +3 during combat.
Zelgius: Jet-Black General:
- Alondite (Sword, Mt 16): Enables counterattack regardless of distance if this unit is attacked.
- Black Luna (Special): Resolve combat as if foe suffered Def/Res-80%. (Skill cannot be inherited.)
- Fierce Stance 3 (A slot): Grants Atk+6 during combat when this unit is attacked.
- Warp Powder (B slot): If unit’s HP ≥ 80%, unit can move adjacent to any ally within 2 spaces. (Skill cannot be inherited.)
- Panic Ploy 3 (C slot): At start of turn, bonuses become penalties on all foes in cardinal directions with HP 1 or more lower than unit through foe’s next action.
Version 2.1 Updates:
- The Hero Merit cap is increased to 4,000.
- You can now check maps before entering into battle, along with options to change your team and view related quests (if any).
- Sanaki’s Cymbeline and Jeorge’s Parthia can now be forged in the Weapon Refinery. Both weapons have a unique upgrade option as well as standard stat-increasing options. Both require Divine Dew.
- Six new Sacred Seals can now be created in the Seal Forge: Brash Assault, Savage Blow, Hone Spd, Close Def, Guidance, and Atk Smoke.
- New maps will be appearing in the Arena starting next season and they will include a new type of terrain: Trenches. Cavalry units can only move one space in trench tiles. Trenches may also appear in non-arena maps in the future.
- Some more UI enhancements have been added, including text marking unique skills on units, and adding icons to skills to show which types of classes can or cannot use them.
- Sacred Seal UI enhancements will let you choose the character or skill first rather than just the seal only.
- Heroes without a weapon will not appear as allies or foes in future Voting Gauntlets.
- Minor bug fixes including displaying the top status bar on iPhone X and fixing skill inheritance issues regarding the Weapon Refinery.