Summer never seems to end in Fire Emblem Heroes, as a fourth batch of swimsuit-wearing Heroes will soon be available! A Sketchy Summer includes summer versions of Linde, Young Tiki, Takumi, and Camilla.
Interestingly, this banner features our first ever dagger-wielding cavalry unit, as well as a new red dragon flier. Check out the trailer to see the new Heroes in action!
You can also find a full list of their skills and abilities further down.
The A Sketchy Summer banner will be available from 10 July to 9 August, giving you plenty of time to try and obtain the new units.
Accompanying the banner are the usual Paralogue quests you can complete to snag some Orbs. In addition, the new Paralogue chapter will open up another Chain Challenge to attempt. If you manage to clear the new Paralogue chapter, its quests, and the Chain Challenge, you’ll earn 20 Orbs total!
Linde: Summer Rays:
- Starfish + (Dagger, MT 14): If unit’s HP ≤ 75% and unit initiates combat, unit can make a follow-up attack before foe can counterattack. After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Def/Res-7 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions
- Ardent Sacrifice (Support): Restores 10 HP to target ally. Unit loses 10 HP but cannot go below 1
- Brazen Atk/Res 3 (A slot): At start of combat, if unit’s HP ≤ 80%, grants Atk/Res+7 during combat
- Cancel Affinity 3 (B slot): Neutralizes weapon-triangle advantage granted by unit’s skills. If unit has weapon-triangle disadvantage, reverses weapon-triangle advantage granted by foe’s skills
Tiki: Beachside Scion:
- Summer’s Breath (Dragonstone, MT 16): Effective against dragon foes. Grants Def+3. If foe initiates combat, grants Special cooldown charge +1 per attack during combat. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)
- Moonbow (Special): Treats foe’s Def/Res as if reduced by 30% during combat
- Atk/Def Bond 3 (A slot): If unit is adjacent to an ally, grants Atk/Def+5 during combat
- Hit and Run (B slot): If unit initiates combat, unit moves 1 space away after combat
- Dragon Valor 3 (C slot): While unit lives, all dragonstone allies on team get 2x SP. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)
Takumi: Prince at Play:
- Fishie Bow + (Bow, MT 12): Effective against flying foes. If unit’s HP ≤ 75% and unit initiates combat, unit can make a follow-up attack before foe can counterattack
- Glimmer (Special): Boosts damage dealt by 50%
- Fury 3 (A slot): Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3. After combat, deals 6 damage to unit
- Odd Res Wave 3 (C slot): At start of odd-numbered turns, grants Res+6 to unit and adjacent allies for 1 turn. (Bonus granted to unit even if no allies are adjacent.)
Camilla: Tropical Beauty:
- Juicy Wave + (Blue Tome, MT 12): If unit’s HP ≤ 75% and unit initiates combat, unit can make a follow-up attack before foe can counterattack
- Draconic Aura (Special): Boosts Atk by 30%
- Death Blow 3 (A slot): If unit initiates combat, grants Atk+6 during combat
- Flier Formation 3 (B slot): Unit can move to a space adjacent to a flying ally within 2 spaces
- Hone Fliers (C slot): At start of turn, grants Atk/Spd+6 to adjacent flying allies for 1 turn
On top of that, the Version 2.7.0 update is now live! As previously reported, the new update brings Tactics Drills, additional weapon refinery options, and several other quality of life improvements.
Tactics Drills tests your strategic mettle by forcing you to use a fixed set of Heroes to overcome challenges within a given number of phases. Both your turn and the enemy’s turn are counted as individual phases, so keep that in mind while attempting each challenge.
Tactics Drills has three levels of difficulty which provide Orbs or Hero Feathers upon first completion. The three difficulty levels are:
- Basics: These maps teach the basic rules of combat, so they’re recommended for beginners
- Skill Studies: These maps teach you about using various skills
- Grandmaster: These maps are meant for advanced players
If you wish to challenge Grandmaster maps, you must first complete Book I, Chapter 13 of the Main Story. New maps will be added every Thursday to either the Skill Studies or Grandmaster category.
New Weapon Skills and Refinery Options
Four Heroes have received new weapon refinery options:
- Katarina (Reese’s Tome): During combat, boosts unit’s Atk/Spd/Def/Res by number of adjacent allies × 2
- Refinery Effect: At start of turn, inflicts Spd/Res-4 on foes in cardinal directions with Res < unit’s Res through their next actions
- Nephenee (Dauntless Lance): Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). Effective against armored foes
- Refinery Effect: If foe initiates combat, grants Spd/Def+4 during combat
- Titania (Draconic Poleax): If unit has weapon-triangle advantage, boosts Atk by 20%. If unit has weapon-triangle disadvantage, reduces Atk by 20%
- Refinery Effect: At start of turn, grants Res+6 to allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn. Granted only if number of that ally’s movement type on current team ≤ 2
- Eldigan (Dark Mystletainn): Allows Eldigan to refine Mystletainn into Dark Mystletainn
The three new weapons may also be refined to provide various stat boosts to the wielder. The listed Heroes may obtain their new weapons once they are 5★ rarity.
Other Quality of Life Improvements and Additions
Learn with Sharena
Geared towards newcomers or those unfamiliar with Fire Emblem Heroes, Learn with Sharena provides a helpful guide for beginners. Covering everything from the Weapon Triangle to the benefits of conferring Blessings to your Heroes, you can access this handy tutorial in-game or you can visit the website directly New articles will be added every Tuesday, so check often for new tips!
Quest Progression Display
Until Version 2.7.0, every time you progressed towards completing a quest, a separate screen was displayed for each quest. All quest updates will now be shown in a single screen, saving you the trouble of constantly having to tap through rewards screens.
- On the map-selection screen, the screen will now automatically scroll to newly added maps
- Battle Music is being added to the Settings menu, so background music that plays during battle scenes can be toggled on or off- or it can be set to play only special background music
- Event Recap has been added to the Miscellaneous menu. This feature can be used to review conversations from past events
- A Restart option has been added to the menus in Grand Hero Battle, Tactics Drills, and other maps that can be played without using any stamina
Update: Part of the description for Tiki’s Summer’s Breath is missing from the trailer and will not be in the game when she is available tomorrow.
The following effect is also a part of Tiki’s weapon: If foe’s Range = 2, calculates damage using the lower of foe’s Def or Res.
Although this effect is not currently displayed for Summer’s Breath, it will be active while playing. The description will be updated at a later time.