Website dataminers uncovered some interesting bits of character data recently, and it’s nice to see that they were correct, proving to us that right around the corner is a Binding Blade banner, which had its video dropped just a short while ago.
Highlighted in the upcoming Beyond Darkness banner includes Fire Emblem Binding Blade’s Lugh, Sue, Thea and Idunn. Along with the four, come a handful of new skills (inheritable ones, too), and what looks to be a fearsome dragon unit.
Included in this batch is the second X-Serpent tome, as well as a Wo Dao equivalent bow (Bo Dao?), a Safeguard equivalent Lance (Lukas lovers, rejoice), yet another level-4 skill in Hone Spd 4, and another dual-Seal skill.
Wait, I thought good guys always faced right…
This comes with the next story chapter sequence, A Father’s Legacy, in which it looks like Gustav plays quite an important role in the plot.
Beyond Darkness and its chapters kick of on March 7 at 11p PT, so Summoners, if you’re interested in picking up a few long-awaited Binding Blade battles, enjoy the upcoming chance!
For more details on the unit skill breakdown, click Read More.
Lugh: Anima Child, a Green Mage Infantry
- 12 Mt | 2 Rng
- If foe initiates combat and foe uses bow, dagger, magic or staff, grants Def/Res +6 during combat.
- Rally Up Res+ (Assist)
- Mirror Stance 2 (A)
- Atk Feint 3 (B)
Sue: Doe of the Plains, a Green Bow Cavalry
- Short Bow+
- 12 Mt | 2 Rng
- Effective against flying foes. Deals +10 damage when Special triggers.
- Moonbow  (Sp.)
- Swift Sparrow 2 (A)
- Chill Def 3 (B)
- Hone Spd 4 (C)
- At start of turn, grants Spd +7 to adjacent allies for 1 turn.
Thea: Stormy Flier, a Blue Lance Flier
- 14 Mt | 1 Rng
- If foe initiates combat, grants Def +7 during combat
- Ignis  (Sp.)
- Steady Posture 2 (A)
- Seal Spd/Def 2 (B)
- Inflicts Spd/Def -5 on foe through its next action after combat.
Idunn: Dark Priestess, a Red Armor Dragon
- Demonic Breath
- 16 Mt | 1 Rng
- Grants Def +3. Effective against armored foes. At start of combat, if a negative status effect is active on unit, or if unit’s HP < 100%, neutralizes penalties on unit and grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res +4 during combat. If foe’s Range = 2, calculates damage using the lower of foe’s Def and Res.
- Bonfire  (Sp.)
- Fort. Def/Res 3 (A)
- Vengeful Fighter 3 (B)
- Ward Dragons (C)