If my headliner doesn’t make sense, don’t worry; I didn’t get it at first either. What’s to sum up is that this New Heroes: The Chosen Ones banner is bringing more than a handful of units and obligatory Paralogue chapter. It’s bringing more, in a possible new trend that’s sure to appease Summoners across the globe.
I can’t say much about Sirius and Norne, other than the fact that it appears as though their skillsets promote a charge-ahead style and defensive style of play, respectively. Phina’s Rapier is an incredible offensive and defensive weapon, making her a very appealing Dancer unit. Nagi, however, is the game’s first 1-range “Raven”-weapon user, and her Ethereal Breath weapon has an almost hilarious amount of useful abilities built into it, from a Killer cooldown boost, to its Raven ability, to being effective against dragons, to another first of its kind, reduction of AoE special attack damage.
Arguably, the most interesting thing about this banner is that Bantu: Tiki’s Guardian (a Red Manakete with Dragon Fang) will join the roster as a non-focus 3/4 star Hero, making this the first time a new Hero can be summoned immediately that isn’t a 5 star Hero. Perhaps this trend will continue?
Finally, the next Grand Hero Battle was announced, and that kicks off on September 23. It will feature Astram: Midia’s Hero, who is likely to be a Red Sword Infantry. The Chosen Ones banner will kick off starting September 19 at 12a PT, and all Heroes will continue to be available for future summoning events.
For more details on the summonable units (other than Bantu), click Read More. For the Japanese trailer, click Here.
All artwork for The Chosen Ones can be viewed here at 4Gamer.
Phina: Roving Dancer, a Red Sword Infantry Dancer
Voice: Megan Harvey | Art: Mayo
- 16 Mt | 1 Rng
- Effective against Armored and Cavalry foes.
- Grants Spd +3.
- If unit’s HP is less than or equal to 75% and foe initiates combat, unit can counterattack before foe’s first attack.
- Spd/Def Form 3 (A)
- Grants Spd/Def +X to unit during combat. (X = 2 x number of allies within 2 spaces, + 1; max 7.)
- Geyser Dance 2 (B)
Sirius: Mysterious Knight, a Blue Lance Cavalry
Voice: Patrick Seitz | Art: Suekane Kumiko
- Sable Lance
- 16 Mt | 1 Rng
- Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count -1). If unit is not adjacent to an ally, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res +4 during combat.
- Luna 
- Atk/Spd Solo 3 (A)
- Lull Atk/Spd 3 (B)
- Inflicts Atk/Spd -3 on foe and neutralizes foe’s bonuses to Atk/Spd (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) during combat.
Norne: The Volunteer, a Colorless Bow Infantry
Voice: Brittney Harvey | Art: kaya8
- Guard Bow+
- 12 Mt | 2 Rng
- Effective against flying foes.
- If foe initiates combat and uses bow, dagger, magic or staff, grants Def/Res +6 to unit during combat.
- Brazen Spd/Def 3 (A)
- At start of combat, if unit’s HP is less than or equal to 80%, grants Spd/Def +7 during combat.
- Spd/Def Link 3 (B)
Nagi: Dragon Avatar, a Green Dragon Armor
Voice: Colleen O’Shaughnessey | Art: Okaya
- Ethereal Breath
- 16 Mt | 1 Rng
- Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count -1).
- Effective against dragon foes.
- Grants weapon-triangle advantage against colorless foes and inflicts weapon-triangle disadvantage on colorless foes during combat.
- Reduces damage from area-of-effect Specials by 80% (excluding Rokkr area-of-effect Specials).
- If foe’s Range = 2, calculates damage using the lower of foe’s Def or Res.
- Sol 
- Distant Counter (A)
- Special Fighter (B)
- Dragon Valor 3 (C)
Also in today’s news: Forging Bonds will be coming soon! The four Heroes appearing in this banner will be the focus of this event, which will begin at the same time as the banner is released.