The oft-mentioned Version 4.4 update for Fire Emblem Heroes can now be downloaded. We already learned most of the details in the recent Feh Channel, but there are a few loose ends.
Here’s all the new functionality found in 4.4:
Guaranteed 5-star focus Hero after 40 summons
This will apply for all “New Heroes” banners starting with Journey Begins. After summoning 40 times in the same banner, you can choose one of the focus Heroes. This perk is available once per applicable banner.
As for the small print, you’ll be glad to know that naturally summoning any of the 4 or 5-star focus Heroes will not affect this counter in any way (for example, it won’t cause the counter to be reset). Also, receiving the guaranteed 5-star will not reset your pity rate.
Limited Hero Battles
These are special maps based on existing battles, like Grand/Bound/Legendary Hero Battles, but with a twist. Depending on the map, there will be deployment restrictions, such as only being able to use Heroes from certain games. Or some skills may be banned.
The first Limited Hero Battle will become available from 13th April 2020 and there will be a new one daily, with 5 available. All 5 current Limited Hero Battles will expire once a new day begins on 20th April 2020.
Lost Lore: Spoils
This is a new variation on the existing Lost Lore event. It’s a simplified version where your mission is to explore the World of Heroes, gathering resources for the Order of Heroes, who are on the brink of bankruptcy (no joke). Unlike normal, there are no Strike stages.
To make it easier to find Heroes you want, a new filtering option has been added, to the right of the “Sort” button. You can filter by name, weapon type, movement type, blessing or the game the Hero is from.
Limited Time Combat Manuals Updated
Now that we’re in the 4th month, events will start dropping Divine Codes (Ephemera 4). If you haven’t noticed, the number is related to the month. These new Divine Codes can be used to redeem the following combat manuals:
- 5-star: Alm and Green Olwen
- 4-star: Effie, Hinata, Shigure, Tailtiu and Python
OMG, I can fix my Alm’s Attack bane.
Just in case, the limited-time manuals obtained using Divine Codes (Ephemera 3) will still be available for nearly 3 more weeks. But new events will stop dropping those Divine Codes.
Weapon Refinery Update
Four lucky Heroes have received new weapon skills and/or refines.
- Gunter: Inveterate Axe – At start of turn, if unit’s HP >= 50%, inflicts Atk/Def -5 on foe on the enemy team with the lowest Spd through its next action.
- Special refine – Grants Atk/Def +4 to infantry and cavalry allies within 2 spaces during combat. If unit is within 2 spaces of an infantry or cavalry ally, grants Atk/Def +4 to unit during combat.
- Gaius: Candied Dagger – If unit initiates combat, grants Spd +4 and boosts damage by 10% of unit’s Spd during combat. Effect: [Dagger 7]
- Special refine – At start of combat, if foe’s HP = 100%, deals +7 damage. When a Special triggers before combat, if foe’s HP = 100%, deals +7 damage before combat.
- Ursula: Blue-Crow Tome – Effective against cavalry foes.
- Special refine – Grants bonus to unit’s Atk = total penalties on foe during combat.
- Eirika: Gleipnir (refine) – Grants Res +3. At start of combat, if foe’s HP = 100%, grants Atk/Spd +4 during combat.
- Special refine – At start of combat, if foe’s HP = 100%, inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res -4 on foe and neutralizes unit’s penalties during combat.
Thanks to DreadzKaiser on Reddit for supplying this information!
Aether Raids and Resort Update
The Catapult (O) and Catapult (D) structures can be upgraded to Level 7.
The Level boost of the Fortress (O) structure in low Aether Raid tiers has been adjusted. Now it applies when your tier is 1 to 17 (instead of 1 to 12) and the scaling is more proportional (rather than having a minimal impact from Tier 6).
Mjolnir’s Strike Update
The conditions for being promoted or demoted in sparsely-populated tiers has been adjusted.
A team’s High Score now appears when editing a Defensive Team.
The Death Throne can be upgraded to Level 4.
Heroic Grails Update
The following Heroes can now be redeemed using Heroic Grails:
- Silque: Selfless Cleric
- Heath: Wandering Knight
There is a new setting “Forging Bonds: Skip Conversation”, which does what it says on the tin. However, it’s only applicable if you use the Auto-Start perk available via the FEH Pass.