Intelligent Systems has announced that the Fire Emblem Expo II event, which was originally scheduled for May 5th and May 6th of this year, has unfortunately been canceled.
The reason for the fan-focused convention’s closure is shared with no room for speculation: that it is to help prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus pandemic and their priority of consumer health and safety.
Fans from everywhere would gather in full force to attend the Fire Emblem Expo festivities such as music concerts and stage dramas, spurring worry in the midst of worldwide public health concerns. Photo from Intelligent Systems.
This update follows after many other real-world events across the globe, including those associated with the Fire Emblem Cipher trading card game in Japan, have taken similar countermeasures in light of the dangers, so news of cancellation or postponement has been speculated by fans for some time.
Welcome to a very short and sweet recap of an urgent livestream broadcast from today about Fire Emblem Cipher, the Japanese trading card game.
In case you’ve not yet heard, Cipher will be seeing its final product release this October with the Series 22 booster, and will see no more future sets after that.
This broadcast was shared chiefly to address surrounding plans with the card game which can already be found on the official site, but we’ll touch on them again quickly before sharing additional news which just surfaced.
The project team behind the Japanese trading card game Fire Emblem Cipher has officially announced that the Series 22 booster coming this October will be the very last expansion to ever release, ending Cipher‘s five-year run since it started in 2015.
In a few hours from now, Intelligent Systems will host a livestream (which you may watch here) to discuss their remaining forthcoming events to be held this year in further detail. Additional details from this show will be reported in a new post later today. For now, this page appears to list all of the main events to come and when they will happen:
- Across Japan! Exchange Tour — June-October 2020 (to be held at seven venues)
- 3rd Hero-King Grand Prix — August 2020 (note: this was originally scheduled for March, but was canceled due to public health concerns)
- The National Qualifiers — November 2020 (note: this series of events was originally scheduled for April-May, but appears to have been delayed)
- The National Championship Finals — December 2020 (note: like the qualifiers, this too is traditionally held earlier in the year)
- Everyone’s Cipher Meeting — December 2020 (a banquet-type event for Cipher and Fire Emblem fans)
For fans interested in ordering up the newest booster boxes from overseas, we can recommend AmiAmi as a vendor:
- Series 19 (Three Houses and Genealogy of the Holy War)
- Series 20 (Fates, Path of Radiance, and Radiant Dawn)
- Series 21 (Three Houses, Binding Blade, Blazing Blade, and Heroes)
Stay tuned later today for a recap of today’s show.
The Series 20 expansion of the Fire Emblem Cipher trading card game has officially launched in Japan! Fans can pick up boxes of the latest booster, The Guiding Hand of Dawn, and collect all-new cards of characters from Fates, Path of Radiance, and Radiant Dawn. For fans overseas, boxes may be imported via AmiAmi.
Card artwork of Ike and Micaiah from Radiant Dawn, as shared by the artist Senri Kita on their personal Twitter account.
To commemorate the release, we’ll be taking a tour of all 100+ cards releasing with this set, as well as reviewing other information alongside the release.