Archive for Community

Community Spotlight: FE Tea Houses’ Tea-themed goodies for the new year through wonderful fan project, available until January 24

Watching the Fire Emblem fanart community grow and share their successes is among one of my favorite things about being part of this fandom. I’ve seen creators come up with great ideas, such as magazines, planners, pins and key-chains, and sharing their hard work has been a joy of mine for my many years here on the SF team. That said, I’ve recently come across another one of those ‘special projects’ that is sure to pique the interest of my fellow tea connoisseurs, with a endeavor that I had never even considered.

This is the Fire Emblem Tea Houses project, which unlike other projects I’ve been following, is hard to describe simply. FE Tea Houses (check out their web site) is a project featuring a variety of super high quality art productions centered around the Fire Emblem Three Houses release, but with the added twist of not only being themed around the casual indulgent lifestyle of Garreg Mach’s denizens, but themed around the tea socialization within the game’s support and socialization system.

All four coasters are ceramic, with a cork backing

What’s more, is that this project not only features the assortment of incredible art in a collective physical book (and matching PDFs) and other great additions like acrylic charms and bookmarks, but also, many teatime based items, such as tea towels, coasters, spoons, a cookie stamp and a tea tin!

64-page Hardcover

Organized by several very talented creators of the Fire Emblem Tea Houses project, such as Saerinn, Kotaline, Ramyeon, Soojin, Kyousa, Keru and Piki, (All links here are to each individual’s Twitter) the project itself is a charity project, with proceeds going to the Tea Leaf Trust, who empower and deliver accessible education to young people living on tea estates surrounding the Maskeliya area of Central Province, Sri Lanka.

This is definitely a passion project, brimming from all sides with appreciation for the franchise. Preorders are open until January 24 (so, for just over a month from today), and are expected to ship between April and May of 2021. The FE Tea Houses team has also come up with a couple of stretch goals for additional items, with notably, a neat treat to be offered up at 500 orders (of which, they’re a little over halfway there at the moment of this post). If you don’t know if you can support it through a purchase, definitely share it with your friends through social media, so that it can get the attention that it truly deserves.

Read more

Community Spotlight: Fire Emblem Writer’s Zine

It’s time to share another pretty radical fan group’s project, and this time, it’s the Fire Emblem Writer’s Zine, a community’s collective publication celebrating the creative talent of writers within the Fire Emblem fandom.

If you’re familiar with the Together We Ride fan zine that we’ve promoted in the past, you may recognize the group involved, as one of its members, Damosel, is part of both the teams of this Writer’s Zine and the TWR zine. Now, there are a couple of differences with the Writer’s Zine, notably how you can enjoy it, and who they support.

For starters, they’re making their zine available as a PDF, meaning that there is no concern for shipping and receiving (a great relief in these trying times). The zine itself features stories and art from each of the mainline games, as well as Heroes and Warriors, coming to over 300 pages of content! Preorders are running until November 1st, and can be placed here. As it’s a PDF, delivery will not be an issue, and the huge amount of stories included can be enjoyed on the go.

The Writer’s Zine is doing this for charity, and the organization that proceeds will go towards is We Need Diverse Books, an organization dedicated to helping provide books to the hands of those in need. WNDB helps by finding and promoting books that connect with those readers, helping them grow as individuals as well as people, and above all, promoting and celebrating diversity (racial, disability, cultural, etc) with the creation and exposure of books that highlight diverse stories and their characters.

If you’d like to follow the efforts of the FEWZ team, follow their Twitter, and you can keep up with their future projects, as well as partnered and endorsed projects. You may even be able to participate in a future edition yourself, or share this with a friend that you think may be interested in the opportunity and they could find some solace with this team or their projects.

If you’d like to support We Need Diverse Books, but either find yourself light on spare money or time right now, you can spread the word of their organization by clicking here for their Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or YouTube, and share those links with your friends. Every little bit helps with bringing light to a charitable organization, and even something as following or sharing a group can help bring the attention that they need, to get the results that their beneficiaries deserve.

Joe Zieja Three Houses 1st Anniversary Stream on 23rd July, 11 pm (UTC)

Calling all Fire Emblem voice actor fans! Joe Zieja–who provides the voice of the charismatic Claude von Riegan–will be hosting a special stream on 23rd July, at 11 pm (UTC) on his Twitch channel, to celebrate the upcoming one year anniversary of Three Houses.

Earlier, in the linked video, Joe shared details of what to look forward to during the anniversary celebration.

Firstly, between 25th and 26th July, there will be live signings by Joe himself, as well as Tara Platt (voice of Edelgard) and Chris Hackney (voice of Dimitri) via InstaGraph.

The prints used for the signings are of the house leaders’ timeskip designs, illustrated by @hellyonwhite. A neat touch is that the three prints can be joined together as one, similar to some Cipher artworks.

Secondly, the stream itself will kick-start Joe’s brand new playthrough of Three Houses, but this time after caving to peer pressure he’ll be teaching the Black Eagles.

Last and not least, Joe has collaborated with Family Jules to record a music video of “God Shattering Star”, the endgame track for the Golden Deer route. Fans will be able to enjoy a premiere on 23rd July, before the Black Eagles stream begins.

Regarding the Allegations Against FE YouTubers Mangs and Chaz Aria LLC

Last week, two prominent members of the Fire Emblem YouTube community–Mangs and Chaz Aria LLC–were accused on social media of sexual assault (the former) and sexual coercion (the latter).

Ordinarily, we wouldn’t get involved because, besides our shared passion for the Fire Emblem series, there’s nothing to tie us together. However, events escalated in such a manner that I think it would be wrong for me to stay silent.

Before I get into the details, I want to be clear: sexual harassment and abuse are completely unacceptable, whether you belong to the Fire Emblem community or elsewhere. If anyone has been the subject of sexual harassment/abuse, I believe they should have a safe platform to speak up. Although (judging by how events have unfolded) social media may not be the best place.

In addition, I must emphasise: the contents of this article are solely the opinion of myself. They do not reflect the rest of the Serenes Forest team, nor its community. Everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and I dare not claim to represent everyone. Also, I don’t know the truth behind the events and I probably never will.

Read more