Dealing with Real Hardware/ROM Copier loading.

Kiddo

I don't know whether this is an actual problem with the hacks or my ROM Copier itself, but... well, let me step back a bit.

I got a Super UFO ROM Copier for my Super NES recently (Got this to test the BS Zelda hacks at the shrine - was worth every penny, especially considering I got a good deal on it!)

I've decided to try loading some SNES hacks and whatnot but have had problems booting a lot of them.

For example, my Fire Emblem: Seisen (translation project) ROM does not boot

And Fire Emblem: Monshou (Translation project) ROM has major gltiches which render menus and character stats (and the bottom half of the battle animations) unviewable (although I guess that's better than it not booting!)

Can anyone help me with these? I'd be kinda worried if this was caused merely be everyone forgetting the hardware the games were originally released on... (although on that note, technically I almost did too - need to test these on a JP Super Famicom as well, don't I? after that incident with BS Zelda MAP2....)

(EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure whether this fits better in the main hacking area or the "ROM hacking help" area... aaaaaaa)

Edited by Kiddo

I've personally never bothered with trying what you are, but from what I've gathered, at least make sure you're using a donor cart that is similar to what you're trying to write. For example, fat chance getting Yoshi's Island to work on a cart without the specific chip needed. The same could be applied here.

But as I said, I wouldn't have a real clue. I suggest hiking over to romhacking.net and asking around there, as an answer is more likely.

I'm not doing EEPROM burns... at least, not yet. D:

As far as I know the Fire Emblem ames don't require any special chips - they were even released on the Nintendo Power service where such things would also have not worked. They should not have the same kind of problems Yoshi's Island potentially would.