Monster hack

rosslyn568

Hey everybody, I'm moving my hack over from FESS. For those who don't know about it, its a relatively simple hack. All the units have been transferred to monsters. (After I finish this one, I will do a real hack with new maps, characters etc.) The hack has been completed but not tweaked at all. I'm currently testing chapter 6 and have made changes along the way. I would really appreciate comments about it.

NEW FEATURE COMING SOON: How many of you have a really annoying short kid at your school that everybody hates? Beat up Fagotron LM (named after the kid at my school) in the Lagdou Ruins and watch monsters pummel him at the Tower of Valni. This doesn't really have anything to do with the game, I just dodn't like this one kid at my school

These are some older pictures. Some palletes have changed since these pics

monsterhackpicsgs7.png

Here is the promotion tree. Some things may be/have been changed

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4419/fe...romotioncb3.jpg

1. first you need VisualBoy. I'm assuming you have that, but if you don't get it at:

http://vba.ngemu.com/

2. Secondly, you need a Fire Emblem: the Sacred Stones ROM I think it works with both Japanese and American versions of the ROM, but I'm not totally sure. If you don't have this, look at:

www.google.com

3. Then you need a .UPS patcher. A very good one it found at:

http://rapidshare.com/files/171201958/ups.exe

4. After you have the patcher, you need MY MONSTER HACK UPS PATCH get it at:

http://rapidshare.com/files/171200377/FE8MH_version_1.3.ups

5. make sure you have a backup of your ROM in case you mess up and screw your ROM. I went through over 15 ROMs making this hack. Anyway, open the .UPS patcher. There should be 3 boxes you can write it. They should say input file, output file, and patch file. In the input file click browse and find your sacred stones ROM and enter it. In the output file, click browse, find the folder you want to save your HACKED copy it and make up a file name for the hacked copy and press enter. Lastly, in the patch file, click browse, find the UPS patch that you downloaded from me and press enter. Press apply and it should say something about patch successful.

6. open the hacked copy of the ROM with visualboy and it should be ready to play. I haven't testing it much, so don't know how hard it will be. Also don't know about difficulty levels like easy medium or hard. I've only tested up to level 5x, and I've made changes along the way. Email me back with your opinions and suggestions.

NOTE I know some of the eyes (the ones with evil eye) won't attack. It was a mistake. Think of them as training bonuses. I also know some of the colors are different on ranged and melee attacks. Just deal with it.

Edited by rosslyn568

No, there are staves. Mogalls and other magic users can use them. Magic users cans use all types of magic. There was no way to get around it easily. Still it is much more challenging. I played chapter 6 today, and it is HARD and I'm playing it on medium. Because I'm only testing it, I didn't want to spent forever on 1 chapter, so I broke down and added a green character as a distraction. DO NOT try to get this character, you can't. Anyway, I'm making a lot of changes as I go along, so expect lots of new patches. My Christmas break starts Friday, so I will be working on this more then.

Oh, don't use the arenas, because monster weapons count as items, you can't use them in an arena. Also the people in the arenas have the stats of their normal class, but the look of a monster. Cheap, I know, but that's what I did.

I don't know how well the promotion tree works. I've made some changes already. Revenants can change directly to cyclops. They have the choice of entombed or cyclops. I picked entombed, hoping for a promotion later to cyclops. This is the only promotion I've tested

EDIT a few things you need to know

the max level is now 25

mogall, revenant have max level 10

game gets easy after chapter 6 (Will start to fix this)

HINT: train Ross and Garcia! they kick butt and they can promote into cyclops. What more do you want

I will be coming out with a new patch when I finish up to chapter 9. Will include bonus feature in the new amped up tower of valni.

Edited by rosslyn568

Can you please tell me how to do it correctly?

I patched it like you wrote but I keep getting a massage that says the UPS patch is invalid.

go to Romhacking.net and get stealth patcher. inzip it, open it, then click apply. click rom then ips. patch.

• 9 years later...