Emblem Stars

Intoner Two

alright! some people are aware that I have begun work on a patch for FE7, and I haven't done too much yet, but in honor of my first successful text editing a few moments ago, I decided to officially start a thread which I will periodically update with screenshots and the ilk as the game starts to take place; it is -at present- simply my own solo project with the exception of mugs being redone and edited by Melodia (none have yet been inserted, that will probably be one of the late steps of my project's process, but several are completed and ready for insertion and fine-tuning to talk/blink)

so what about the story? well, expect the same plotline of FE7 to occur but a great majority of the original characters are being replaced by characters all of which are based off people I know IRL and am fairly acquainted with; expect all support conversations to be edited but all original pairings are the same (so the characters replacing Priscilla and Raven still support and have the same rate at gaining support points for example); so while you get a same type of FE in the story, all the new faces and personalities will breathe new life and give for a new, enchanting experience ^_^

which FE7 playable characters are NOT replaced? Nils, Merlinus and Athos (so yes, Ninian has a replacement too)

any bosses/npcs being replaced? yes, two for certain...expect the others to be replaced randomly by some SFers maybe ;P

ok, since I answered some general questions, on to some screenshots! these screens will show my general process up to this point (though I have changed a fair portion of data for other characters, only one shall be appearing in these screens at the moment) presenting...Tatiyana! *cheers* filling in for Lady Lyndis, Tati will be your first Lord and is a skilled Mage in her own right

1) test10.png 2) test410.png 3) tatifi10.png

4) tatirb10.png

1) yay, early hacking attempts (she still has Lyn's palette); but I successfully replaced the Mani Katti with Elfire on infantry-busting 'roids (will be named Nova)

2) alright, gave her Limstella's palette (even promoted her, woot) and in this screen she shatters Glass with her weapon she'll receive in the last chapter, a souped up version of Fimbulvetr (will be named Frostbite)

3) yay, first text editing attempt a success (and hmm...that unpromoted palette seems vaguely familiar <_<)

4) yay, more text editing and a glimpse at her starting stats ^^ (base resistance is 5)

EDIT: all mugs will not be "custom" at this moment but shall be recolors of existing mugs

alrighty, hope you all will feel free to to give it a try when it's finished (and a demo version may be a possibility in the future) ^_^

--UPDATE 11 AM EST 1/15/09--

not much really...but I say, what would we do without the R button?! for one I wouldn't be able to share these wondrous new Text comments for a few characters going in my hack, in Tati's mode even

ashrbu10.png diedre10.png

rhaanr10.png sararb10.png

btw, Tyler will be replacing Kent yes...and Diedre really isn't a Sain even though that's who she'll be replacing -and thank goodness, I'd be frightened :mellow:-, but if you miss his 'Sain-ness' (woo, a pun) you'll find it picked up by Ash and another character down the line ;) -n-not me...if anyone asks...no, just no lol-

Edited by Rhaan

Ya know, you don't necessarily need to reinsert that Limstella portrait. You could easily just recolor the already existing one using a hex editor, just like one would for battle sprites (I at least assume, I've not yet bothered with portraits myself).

Interesting so far... I'll help you if you ever need it, but that's only because I know you... kinda.

true ^^ but some are from different FEs and spliced on occasion so most, even just recolors will be placed over the old portraits -plus I'm grateful to Melo for just openly volunteering a few weeks ago and it is one less thing I'll need to worry about- I'm doing ok in general but I may have a few questions later, if so I won't hesitate to ask :3

I literally just meant that Limstella portrait, lol. But even after inserting imports or splices (after coloring them proper) you can still edit them all the same. Good that you got help... I'll just keep an eye on your project then and critique it harshly.

--1/16/09--

All playable characters names replaced as needed; changed certain class names, such as Blade Lord to Sorceress (for Tati) and Great Lord to War Lord (for Trice); began conversational text editing, successfully edited Ch 16/17 Wherabouts Unknown conversations involving Raven and Lucius & Raven and Priscilla; did few portrait recolors such as one hosted in my signature and the following of Raven for the character Thomas (this one purely for fun and is a little rough looking, palette is a little off probably):

thomas10.png

-hmm, I exceeded the image count for the first post...will need to keep track of this now I guess xP-

• 2 weeks later...

one of my very successful conversation edits; the conversation in which Fia recruits Thomas to the player's side in Ch16E/17H; it's actually a pretty long one, here's a nice serving of it ;3 (it's long and you will likely notice I purposely skipped dialogue, mainly due to the image quantity per post limit)

(I'm quite proud of it, and yes you may also notice that I meant to have Fia say "were you two" instead of "where you two" at the one point but it actually doesn't quite change the context meaning of what she was saying at that time XD)

tomxfi10.png tomxfi11.png

tomxfi12.png tomxfi13.png

tomxfi14.png tomxfi15.png

tomxfi17.png tomxfi18.png

tomxfi19.png tomxfi20.png

(oh and you may have noticed Eliwood, etc. jumping positions part through the conversation, the latter part was recorded from a different save state of the same chapter)

Edited by Rhaan

thanks; today (or yesterday technically) I started some support editing, the characters replacing Matthew and Rebecca can support each other and so today I present to you a bit of the C support conversation between Ash and Nyehicco (mugs to be recolored/customized later, as Nye is an unpromoted male mage and such he currently has Erk's mug...yep)

m.pngm.png

m.pngm.png

m.pngm.png

m.pngm.png

yayness (yes Nye's LV is h4xed, just proving the support functions in game...yes the images are hotlinked cause my usual image uploading site didn't properly upload them and I had to put them in a private folder on myspace (so no one else could get at them) >_< sorry)

ok, so today my computer has been really slow but I'm about to clean some stuff off it and hopefully that will help me to actually publish videos more easily later, I tried to get this on youtube but the processing speed took so long I canceled it, rerecorded and compressed the thing then finally got it up on filefront for anyone to download and view, I have here a short video simply showing the Prologue chapter of my hack which I finished a few days ago (the prologue, not the whole hack that is), now that I pretty much have text editing down as you'll be able to see, you can expect a playable demo patch available by sometime next month

Emblem Stars Prologue Video

I did notice it gets a little out of sync with the sound about halfway through but other than that I hope you enjoy it ^^;

(I may rename chapters later but haven't done so yet)

Soo... when you gonna make the puppetmaster class and put me in the game? :P

dude...I totally thought of making PUPs replace dancers and summoners in a bizzare FE8 hack lol, it may happen someday XD

anyway, does that mean you viewed and enjoyed the video of the prologue? :rolleyes:

dude...I totally thought of making PUPs replace dancers and summoners in a bizzare FE8 hack lol, it may happen someday XD

anyway, does that mean you viewed and enjoyed the video of the prologue? :rolleyes:

No, before posting I didn't. I did just downloaded and watched it right now though. Rather large file! lol.

Anyhow, I noticed you still got quite a lot of work to do. Spriting mostly, I suppose. I also think you have a tiny problem with grammar. Involves using commas. Such as when a sentence ends or begins with a name, it needs a comma to set it off from the rest of the sentence.

EXAPMLES:

Honey, how did you like dinner?

It was delicious, hun.

I'm getting better, eh?

I know, not the greatest dialogue to learn from, but... yea...

No, before posting I didn't. I did just downloaded and watched it right now though. Rather large file! lol.

Anyhow, I noticed you still got quite a lot of work to do. Spriting mostly, I suppose. I also think you have a tiny problem with grammar. Involves using commas. Such as when a sentence ends or begins with a name, it needs a comma to set it off from the rest of the sentence.

EXAPMLES:

Honey, how did you like dinner?

It was delicious, hun.

I'm getting better, eh?

I know, not the greatest dialogue to learn from, but... yea...

ok, I'll watch and correct that; sometimes when trying to write out the dialogue I do rush and have bad grammar, I understand

Edited by Rhaan

Back to this... you should just make a complete FF cross-over almost. That'd be awesome! Puppetmasters can just have a different summonable creature than Summoners. Such a project should require much work though...

As for your current project, it is looking good. Sorry for not saying so last post.

• 2 weeks later...

minor notices worth mentioning: this project now will span all 3 gba FEs, the order of the story will proceed as "normal" or in other words, FE7 hack -> FE6 hack -> FE8 hack but do NOT quote me on a guaranteed FE8 hack; due to certain instances occurring recently I have had to edit certain conversations and redo an ending for FE7 but nothing that took...considerable effort; I will be working on the FE6 and FE7 hack somewhat simultaneously (lil habbit of mine, I do tend to spread my focuses) but expect a timely release of playable demos, by late March (as if any were aware I remember saying somewhere that a demo will be available in March if I recall correctly), for FE6, expect the first 5 chapters playable, for the FE7 hack, all of the tutorial chapters (not counting the optional gaiden chapter) should be complete, now I am off to update my signature accordingly XD

let me tell you people...recoloring isn't the easiest thing around lol, getting the colors just right can be...testing, lol

well, because I felt like it I decided to seriously start some work on my FE6 hack and got all the data put in for the first chapter, just have to do some supports (which grow faster than before) and recolor portraits and sprites for you finicky people and...and when Chapter 4 is done (I may have said 5 earlier, scratch that, going to 4 then back to FE7 hack) you'll all have a demo, oh joy, oh rapture! xP

so...I know you're just dieing to know which units are in the first chapter right?! well, excuse the portraits at the moment but here's your roster: (also showing off the only recolored sprite I did so far)

3297452389_53994801bf_o.jpg

yes I know you can't see a number of what those person's map sprites are to guess their class so I'll tell ya:

Trice is the Lord, why? cuz I felt like keeping the class in and it's funny since other than being great, epic, and very well-liked people, Trice and Roy couldn't be any more different

Nasla is a Valkyrie stepping in for Marcus

Higetsu is a Cavalier just like Alan

Maddy takes Lance's spot and is a Shaman

Ian is a Nomad you get in place of Wolt

and Pam is your first Knight instead of Bors

when I recolor the portraits I'll show ya the others starting stats if I feel like it :P

...back to work...

EDIT: Knuckled down and recolored some portraits, yes I did

3300397320_3f4c7f4921_o.png

3300424760_979e8187e8_o.png

mhmm, you know you like it XD more you say? fine, but just because I'm so nice :D

Edited by Rhaan