FE7x: The Cursed Sword (Title Pending)

12 yrs before FE7…

Elbert: 35 yrs.

Uther:17 yrs.

Marques Ostia: 45 yrs.

Eliwood: 7 yrs.

Hector:7 yrs.

Chapter 1:

One the Plains, Elbert and his company of Marcus, Kail, and Lionel are traveling to meet with Lord Ostia and see what’s going on in the Elibe lately:

Kail: Absolutely not, Marcus! Why would you even think such a thing?

Marcus: I was just saying that if there’s an easier way to do it—

Kail: Stop it! Knights never take the easy way out!

Lionel: Hush your bickering, you two.

Elbert: I wonder what it is that Marquis Ostia wants to discuss so eagerly that he sent word via Pegasus knight?

Lionel: I would gather that wha—

Marcus and Kail: Lord Elbert! Look!

Elbert: What’s going on, men?

Lionel: It’s castle Ostia… under attack.

Elbert: The castle’s under siege? Knight’s of Pharea, we ride!

*They get to the castle and their sprites ride through a battle, to meet with a general*

Elbert: Marquis Ostia! What in blazes is going on?

Alden: Elbert, my boy! It’s good to see you, though now’s not the time to talk. You and your men hurry to the rear gate and help my son Uther defend the castle.

Elbert: Of course. Lionel, let’s go.

Kail: No, Marcus, I’m quite sure that I spotted that battle and reported it to Lord Elbert at the same time.

Marcus:… Lord Elbert, wait! See, Kail, you’ve almost made us lose track of Lord Elbert!

*The four get to the back gate, where the battle will take place*

Uther: Blast! I’ve got to have more men! These fools are breaking through!

Elbert: Are you Uther, lad?

Uther: I am, and are you my reinforcements?

Elbert: That we are. I’m Elbert, and these are my men Lionel, Kail, and Marcus.

Uther: Pleased to meet you, I’m sure, but hurry, we’ve got to defend the gate!

Elbert: Consider it done.

*Insert defend a location until Marquis Ostia’s men come to the rescue/you defeat everyone, including the Hero commander*

Alden: Son! Well done! You’ve defended the castle gallantly. And, Marquis Pharea, my thanks to you.

Uther: Marquis Pharea? That Elbert? Ah, my apologies for addressing you so brusquely early, Lord Elbert.

Elbert: Think nothing of it, Uther. I take it all of the enemy has been driven out, Lord Alden?

Alden: Certainly! Let’s get inside, then. I called you here for a reason, after all.

Kail: I’m completely sure that I downed more enemy soldiers than you, my friend.

Marcus: You didn’t, but even if you did, must everything be a competition?

Kail: Well of course! What better way to better ourselves?

Marcus: … *Sigh*

House Ostia, in the castle, the next morning:

Alden: Elbert! Up and about already, I see. I’m glad your safe. Uther says you helped him out of quite a jam.

Elbert: Thank you, sir, but it was my honor to help. And Uther actually saved me more than once. But tell me, Lord Alden, who were those curs?

Alden: I can’t be sure, but though they looked like mercenaries, they were very coordinated. We’ll consider this when everyone arrives, though.

*A younger Uther enters.*

Uther: Father, Lord Elbert.

Elbert: Uther. It’s good too finally meet you, off the field of battle. I’ve heard many good things of you from your father, and you look to be quite the warrior.

Uther: Thank you, sir Marquis.

Elbert: Please, just Elbert. There’s no need for formalities between friends. And I believe you’ve met Lionel, Lord Alden.

*Lionel enters.*

Lionel: My lieges.

Alden: Of course. It’s always a pleasure, Lionel.

Uther: Your name precedes you, Golden Lion.

Alden: Well met, everyone, but let’s get on to our rather pressing business.

Elbert: Agreed.

Alden: Uther, go ahead tell us about what you’re men have reported.

Uther: Of course, Father. As you all no-doubt know, there is a mass of confusion surrounding the actions of certain regions such as the Wester Isles and Bern. However, the severity of the situation is far greater than anyone suspects.

Lionel: …

Elbert: What do you mean, Uther?

Uther: What I mean, Lord Elbert, is that Elibe may be on the verge of collapse.

Lionel: Surely you jest, my lord!

Elbert: Verge of collapse? Lord Alden, what is this?

Alden: The boy speaks truly, if our men are to be believed, and Ostia’s spies are among the most reliable on the continent.

Elbert: Explain yourself, then, Uther.

Uther: There are four major players in the chaos that’s hovering in the background of Elibe: Bern, The Western Isles, Ilia, and Etruria.

Elbert: Etruria and Bern? I’ve heard no news out of the ordinary of either of those.

Uther: That’s much to be expected, lord Elbert. Etruria has nothing to show the outside world of her internal… issues.

Lionel: How do you mean, milord?

Uther: As you may or may not know, both Caledonia and Fibernia have taken up arms. Now, this is to be expected from islands of warriors, but the surprising thing is that the forces of the two islands are coordinated. We’ve no knowledge of who is coordinating the warriors, but we’re sure of one thing: An attack raining from the Western Islands is eminent.

Elbert: I’d heard that there was an unusual amount of movement on the island, but an attack? Upon who?

Uther: My men report that Ilia is the most likely candidate. Many pirates have begun relocating to the northeastern shores of Fibernia, primed for a cruise in Ilia’s direction. The giveaway, however, is the letter that the Ilian Queen received just two weeks ago—An unsigned warning to all of Ilia.

Elbert: Warning them of what?

Uther: ___________(Something intimidating, like ‘doom’, but better)

Lionel: And what’s to lead us to believe that this letter isn’t some kind of practical joke?

Uther: The letter was delivered to the Queen herself, as she slept. The Royal Guard of Ilia is no laughing matter, and getting in and out of the Queen’s quarters is no small feat.

Lionel: An inside job, perhaps?

Uther: A glimpse of the deliverer by the Queen before it fled revealed him to be man. The Queen said that the deliverer, though she could not see him clearly, was simply watching her. As she wakened fully, the marauder disappeared.

Elbert:… This bodes ill, my friends, but what of Etruria?

Uther: The problem is no so much what Etruria has done, but what it won’t do. When the Queen received the note, she asked Etruria to honor it’s alliance to Ilia and support them were a war to break out. They give no response other than that of their declination to honor the treaty.

Elbert: Could it be that they see something at work here that the rest of us don’t?

Alden: It is a possibility, but we can’t be sure of their intentions, and that concerns me.

Elbert: And of Bern?

Uther: Bern is on the verge of a civil war?

Elbert: Truly? Pharea is the closest Lycian territory to Bern, and there’s been no word of any such situation. I admire your information network, Lord Alden.

Uther: Approximately a fortnight ago, a conflict arose between the regulars of Bern’s Army. We’ve little information about what the conflict is over, or who is backing who, but we do know that if the situation is allowed to deteriorate futher, Bern could fall to pieces; warring, power-hungry pieces, and that would be terrible news for Lycia.

Elbert: … That’s much to take in, my friends, and we’ve yet to discuss the attack on the castle.

Alden: I agree, but let’s take a night’s rest before we discuss anything further.

Uther: I’ll put the best people that have remained in Ostia on discovering who our assailants were. Lionel, Lord Elbert.

Lionel: Lord Uther.

Elbert: Uther.

Alden: Good night, son.

*Uther leaves*

Lionel: I’ll take my leave, my lords.

Elbert: Good night, Lionel.

*Lionel leaves*

Elbert: In that case, until the morning, Lord Alden.

Alden: Of course. If you need anything, I’ll be in my chambers.

Elbert: Gracious as always, my lord.

*Elbert leaves*

Alden: Ieaus.

*Ieaus enters*

Ieaus: My lord?

Alden: You are my most trusted vessel, Ieaus. I’m concerned about this commotion, and the possibility of war, but I get the odd feeling that it’s all just acts in some… greater play. I want to know what going on, and I want to know immediately. Go to Etruria, and when you’ve finished your report there, see what’s happening in Bern.

Ieaus: It will be done, my lord.

*End scene*

Chapter 2:

*Elbert is walking alone in the village outside Castle Ostia at night*

Elbert: Why would all this violence erupt in such a short amount of time? I don’t understand, my love.

Mysterious Man (off-screen): Why, thank you, milord, but we’re taking our relationship a bit quickly, aren’t we?

Elbert: Who goes there? Reveal yourself.

*Mysterious Man appears wearing a hood*

Mysterious Man: Keep your sword sheathed, Lord. I mean no harm.

Elbert: Who are you?

Mysterious Man: The question is not who am I, but who is that crying for help?

Elbert: What are you talking about? I hear no such activity.

Mysterious Man: Of course you, they’ve just gagged them.

Elbert: Enough. What’s going on here?

Mysterious Man: I’d simply heard that the Lord Elbert cares for the common man, and I thought that now was a prime time to demonstrate that.

Elbert: No more games, villager, who’s in danger?

Mysterious Man: Why, just around that corner, some holy man and a young girl are being bound and gagged. It would appear the ruffians want whatever the church was protecting.

Elbert: If this is some jest, it is in foul taste, but if you speak truly, take me there.

Mysterious Man: Me? Jest? You wound me my lord. Follow me.

*The two show up inside a church, where some bandits are guarding a William and Jeane*

Elbert: Thank… Hmph. Disappeared.

Bandit 1: What do you reckon the boss is doing?

Bandit 2: How many times do I have to tell you, fool? He’s getting the blessed water stored in this church.

Bandit 1: Ooohhh! I remember now!

Bandit 2: Quiet, stupid! We went to all the trouble of being quiet and you’re going to bring the whole Castle guard a-runnin’!

Bandit 2: Sorry…

Bandit 1: Shhh. Someone’s creeping around. Go tell the boss.

Elbert: What are these fiends doing here. At least there are only two of them. Heh, and one’s leaving. I’ll simply have to disable him and free the two captives.

*The Bandit leader, Bandit 2, and 4 or 5 more come out of the side room*

Elbert: … Blast, that must be the leader. I’ll have to be quiet about this.

*Kail enters*

Kail: My Lord Elbert! Why would you flee from your faithful guardsmen? We cannot defend you from any harm if we don’t know where you are! Marcus! I found him!

Elbert: Hush!

Kail: No, you lout, we’re over here! Yes! I’m waving!

Elbert: No, don’t—

Marcus: Split up, eh? Now there was a good idea. I almost couldn’t find you.

Elbert: Blast…

Kail: Well, you did, didn’t you? Now we can protect Lord Elbert. Now, what were you saying, my lord?

Elbert: …

Bandit Leader: You were right, Riles. I hear them.

Bandit 1: There they are, sir! Waving they’re arms about like they want us to see them.

Bandit Leader: Alright boys, take them out. We don’t want no one to know we been here.

Marcus: Now you’ve done it, you overzealous siren.

Elbert: There’s not time for blame, men. We’ve got to get those captives free. They are our first priority.

Kail and Marcus: Sir!

The battle begins, but William and Jeane talk before anyone moves.

William: Oh my, oh my. It’s terribly dark in here, and I dropped my staff when those ruffians tied me up.

Jeane: Don’t worry about it, father. I’m sure the lights will come on soon. Oh, what are those men doing?

William: What? Oh, it seems as though they’re about to fight, though I can hardly see. It’s oh so dark. So dark…

Jeane: We’re saved, father! I’ve got help those people… If I can just… There! They didn’t tie my ropes too tightly. Now let me get yours off…

William: Ah, thank you, child. But what are we to do in this terrible darkness?

Jeane: We fight the bad guys! Duh! Let’s go!

William: But… It’s so dark…

*Post Battle

Elbert: That’s the last of them, then.

William: Oh, thank Elemine! There’s light!

Jeane: We did it, Father William!

Elbert: Excuse me, Father, are you alright?

William: Yes, my lord, I’m fine, now that those barbarians are gone and the light is… Oh no. No, no, no. Elemine, what have they done to your house?

Elbert: I’m sorry, Father, but--

William: The battle has torn the sacred house to shreds! Oh, Elemine…

Kail: Now listen, Priest, if we hadn’t come in here and—

Elbert: Peace, Kail. Now is not the time.

Kail: … My apologies, Father.

Jeane: Come now, Father William, it isn’t as bad as it seems. We’re alive, aren’t we?

William: *Sniff* … Yes, I suppose you’re right, Jeane. My lord…

Elbert: Elbert.

William: Ah, my lord Elbert, thank you for coming when you did. Had you not gotten rid of those bandits, who knows what they would’ve done to us.

Elbert: It’s reward enough to see you unharmed. And you, Jeane? Are you well?

Jeane: *blushes* Oh, um… Yes, I’m, I’m fine, Lord Elbert.

Lionel: Lord Elbert! The leader of the bandits had this on his person.

William: Elemine’s Sacred Water! Praise the heavens they didn’t manage to take it for themselves!

Marcus: Elemine’s Sacred Water? Unless I miss my guess, the person who drinks that receives the blessings of Elemine herself.

William: Quite right, sir knight. This glass has been handed down in this house for generations. Now, though… It has no room to call home.

Elbert: Once again, Father William, you have my apologies for the damage done to your temple in our battle.

William: Oh, no, it wasn’t your fault, my lord. You saved our lives, and that’s more important to the goddess than a small temple. What I was going to say is that now that there is no holding place for the Water, I’d like you to take it and use it for the betterment of your cadre.

Elbert: We couldn’t…

William: I insist, Lord Elbert. It’s the least I can do.

Elbert: Thank you, Father. As for the damages to the building, I’ll have a word with Lord Alden, and…

William: Actually, my lord, we were meaning to talk to you about that.

Elbert: Yes?

William: I have felt rather convicted in the past to move my small church to the likes of Pharea, and you, I though, being the Marquis…

Elbert: Say no more. There is always room for a disciple of Elemine in Pharea. If you’ve nothing else to do here, you can join me on the return travel. I have a matter of some consequence to speak to Lord Alden about, but we should depart in the neighborhood of three days.

William: That would be splendid, my lord.

Elbert: And until then, you can stay in the palace, as we’ve done a good job of wrecking your home.

William: You’re more than generous, Lord Elbert, but I ask one more thing of you. You see, Jeane has been staying at or around the church, and…

Elbert: Oh, of course! Jeane, you’ll be welcome to stay, too. Will she be traveling to Pharea with you?

William: Jeane?

Jeane: Of course, Father William. What would you do without me?

Elbert: It’s settled then. Now, let’s all get some rest. It’s been a long night.

*You got Elemine’s Sacred Water, the Afa’s Drops of this game*

Mysterious Man: So, what they say of Marquis Pharea is true. He really does care for the people. So different from the lords of the rest of Lycia. You seem to be a good man, Elbert. I do hope you don’t try anything… unnecessary.

Later, in the morning…

*Elbert, Alden, and co. are finishing their meeting*

Alden: Elbert, you look a bit tired. I had always thought you a morning person.

Elbert: Pardon my tardiness, Lord Alden, but my men and I had a bit of a rough night last night.

Alden: Oh? Nothing too tiresome, I hope.

Elbert: Of course not. We simply halted a small burglary.

Alden: I appreciate that, my boy. Gerard!

*Gerard enters*

Gerard: My lord.

Alden: Make sure that there are no more burglaries in the Castle city. Ever.

Gerard: Ha! Of course, Lord Alden. Crime will fear your name.

*Gerard leaves*

Alden: That was the castle’s defense administrator.

*Uther enters*

Uther: Father. I’ve returned.

Alden: Very well, tell me what you’ve learned when we’ve adjourned.

Uther: Mm.

Alden: Elbert, I’ve decided that a summoning of the Lycian League is needed to address the current situation. You’re welcome to stay here in Ostia until the meeting.

Elbert: I couldn’t impose, Lord Alden, and Pharea shouldn’t be without her Pharea any longer than is necessary.

Alden: Of course, and I’m sure Elenora and Eliwood miss you. In that case, return for the League meeting, and we’ll decide what path to take.

Elbert: My Lord, I’ll see you then. Uther, it was a pleasure meeting you.

Uther: Likewise, Lord Elbert.

Elbert: Let’s go Lionel, the sooner we’ve left the sooner we’re back to Pharea.

Lionel: I’ll summon the men.

CHAPTER 3: ONE'S DUTY

Narrator: After three days of waiting, Elbert finally returns to Pherae, now joining his lines William, a devoted followed of Elimene and Jeanne, a wandering girl. His mind is full of questions and worries, but his heart is filled with joy, knowing that soon he will see his beloved family. But this joy is suddenly disrupted one morning...

A group of bandit and some warriors arrive a small town. The map is filled with villages and houses.

-Warrior leader (the warrior): Hehe, with that lording and his knight out of Pherae, taking little towns like this is no deal. Boys! Get everything of value and burn the village down to ashes!

The bandits scatter around the map, destroying one or more houses. The warriors, including the leader, stay behind. From the west, a group of two wyvern lords and three wyvern riders arrive.

-Kel (a well looking man, with blue long hair and blue eyes, wearing a silver armour): What's this uproar so early in the morning?

-Argram (a young man with brown short hair and black eyes, he's wearng a black armour): There! Bandits, boss. They're attacking a nearby village.

-Kel: Bandits... Argram, I'll leave you in charge. Take the troops and continue to out destiantion. I will follow you later.

-Argram: You still can't let your memories go away, isn't it? But sir, remember that we must get there as soon as possible.

-Kel: ... Leave, Vince is waiting for you. I will follow you as soon as finish this.

-Argram: Yes, sir.

The groups of wyverns leave, leaving only Kel behind. Kel then moves towards the warrior.

-Kel: Are you the leader of this band?

-Warrior leader: What if I am?

-Kel: I will have to ask you to leave this town immediately.

-Warrior leader: Ha! Don't make me laugh!

-Kel: I won't say it again, leave at once.

-Warrior leader: Don't worry, I won't let you say it again.. nor any other word!

The warrior attacks Kel. He's weilding a silver axe, while Kel is weilding a lance called "Dragon's blessing." Kel speaks once more before the battle:

-Kel: I don't wish to taint these ground with blood. Please, desist.

-Warrior leader: You will learn to keep your mouth shut by the hard way!

The warrior attacks and he misses. Kel counterattack with his lance, maybe scoring a critical hit, killing the warrior in one hit.

-Warrior leader: This... can't... be... Who are... you?

-Kel: May you at least find peace in death.

Kel then moves foward to other warriors.

The map moves away from him and shows Elbert and his company, who have just arrived.

-Lionel: My lord! The town's being attacked!

-Elbert: It was good we departed so early as you suggested, Lionel. Knights of Pherae! To the arms!

-Jeane: My lord! I wish to help, too.

-Elbert: It's dangerous, you should stay here with father William.

-William: Yes, Jeane, we should stay behind. We are not soldiers...

-Jeane: Father! Will you allow to see people suffering? Isn't your job as Elemine's follower to ease the pain in humans?

-William: I...

-Jeane: Lord Elbert! I just can't stand being sit here when there are people that needs our help! I beg you, allow me to go with you!

-Elbert: It's still too dangerous for you.

-William: Don't worry, my lord. I will be at her side protecting her. I’ll do my best to shield you, as well, with Elemine's light.

-Jeane: Father William? Are you sure?

-William: You spoke truth. I'm Elemine's messenger and I should never give up on my duty no matter how dangerous it might be. Please, my lord, allow us to go with you.

-Elbert: Well, if you insist so much. But at least, stay behind me and my men. You will be an easy target if you go to the front lines.

-Jeane: Yes, sir!

Elbert and Jeane leave.

-William: Oh my... What have I gotten myself into? Please, St Elemine, guide our path with your light and protect us from all harm.

The battle starts, showing a new boss, a bandit, and no warriors in the map. Also, Quill appears from a house.

-Quill: Don't worry, I'll protect you. It's the least thing I can do for you.

-Old man: Thank you, Quill. And, be careful, I've heard that this group is fearsome.

-Quill: Thanks for the advice.

Quill is a green unit that can be recruited with Elbert.

-Quill: Hey, you there. The commander!

-Elbert: Yes?

-Quill: You're fighting to protect these people, isn't it?

-Elbert: Yes, we are.

-Quill: May I join your forces? I'm a wandering mercenary, and I can prove to be very useful.

-Elbert: I've seen that from your swordplay. How much is your fee?

-Quill: 1000 gold.

-Elbert: 1000 gold? I don't have the money right now, but when we return to the castle, I will pay you.

-Quill: Castle? Are you by chance lord Elbert?

-Elbert: Yes, I am.

-Quill: Then I trust your word. Please give me my orders.

The boss is a simple bandit (insert random name here):

-Bandit: You dare to fight against us, the Bandits of Dubrillion? The last mistake you made.

Death quote:

-Bandit: Boss... Where are you...?

-Bandit Leader: Heh... Who'd a thunk the Bandits of Dubrillion would got beat so easily... Shoot... I'm at least taking somebody with me. There- that girl from the village.

*If possible, insertion of art of bandit swinging axe at a young girl*

-Bandit: Agh!

-Girl: Eeek!

*Picture of Kel lancing the bandtit to save the girl, much the way Rath saved Lyn*

-Girl: (Here I'd like to put a cameo of someone from FE7/6. Don't know who, but a young version of a girl, I was thinking in Rebecca) Mommy! Mommy! Waah!

-Kel: There now, don't cry. No one's going to hurt you anymore.

-Rebecca: Sniff... Where's Mommy?

-Kel: ...

-Mother (off screen): Rebecca!? Where are you?

*Kel leaves the screen*

-Mother: Oh, Rebecca! Don't ever run off like that! Who know's what could've happened to you!

-Rebecca: Mommy, that man... Oh... He's gone...

-Elbert: You there, knight.

-Kel:...

-Elbert: Thank you for saving that girl. What is your name?

-Kel: I'm called Kel.

-Elbert: Well met, Kel...

-Kel: Is something wrong my lord?

-Elbert: No, it's just your face... I've seen it before. By chance, are you from these lands?

-Kel: No. I'm native of a small island to the southeast of Nabata.

-Elbert: Oh, you're not a knight of Lycia, then? I should have suspected as much from your Wyvern. It's a beautiful creature.

-Kel: Ah, Lamiat. Most people are too afraid to comment. Thank you, and I'm sure Lamiat appreciates the compliment, Lord Elbert.

-Elbert: You're wel... Hold, how did you know who I am?

-Kel: Thank you for helping with the bandits; I could not have killed them all and saved all of the villages on my own. It was good to make you're acquantance, Lord Elbert.

*Kel exits screen*

-Elbert: Curious... Perhaps we'll meet again, Kel.

*Lionel enters*

-Lionel: My Lord! Evening draws near. If we are to reach castle Pharea by nightfall, we must take leave immediately.

-Elbert: Of course. Elenore must be worried sick. We were supposed to be home an hour ago.

Elberts and Lionel leave, and Kail appears in screen talking to himself.

Kail: Hmm... That warrior... I felt I know him from before... Must be my imagination...

First three chapters courtesy of Magus_Stragus. There are about 13 chapters but you'll just have to join to see them

Some important mugs (we have most of them done but I'll just post a few):

Elbert (not quite finalized): PortraitOrganization-Elbert.png

Uther: PortraitOrganization-Uther.png

King Atatlus (NPC): NPCPortraitOrganization-Atalus.png

You can see a lot of the custom battle sprites in the gallery I'm going to put up

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...