Fujimori Nuts' FE4 manga translation thread

AceNoctali

omake1_eng.jpg

Symbolizes perfectly the crazyness this manga is. :P:

Fujimori Nuts' Fire Emblem : Seisen no Keifu translation project

WHERE TO DOWNLOAD:

You can find the scans at this page of my website, France-Fire Emblem 4.

The page is in French, but you'll easily be able to spot the English scans (I always mention in the description the word "English" to help out).

Reason I don't post direct links to those scans on this topic, is to save bandwidth.

For this reason as well, DO NOT HOTLINK those links.

WHAT THIS MANGA IS ABOUT:

This manga, focusing on the game's 1st Generation, is one of the main 3 official FE4 manga telling on several tomes the game's story, along with Oosawa Mitsuki's manga, and Fuyuki Nea's manga.

However, unlike the former 2 manga, Fujimori Nuts' tells the game's story in a globally humoristic atmosphere, even at some points in a parodic way.

Thus, expect lots of madness in there, with notably a cosplay-loving Oifaye who has a thing for Midayle, a crazy Lachesis and her as crazy as her three lackeys, Sandima and Batou being accused of being lovers cheating behind the Queen's (tombstone) back by Jamuka, Sigurd being frequently called by the pet name "Sigulin", and lots of other hilarious situations. :lol:

That being said, don't think this work is made of lulz only : as the story progresses, the author manages to draw out the most of the dramatic and emotional scenes occuring later in the 1st generation.

HOW I'M WORKING ON THIS:

1) I'm the one who translates the manga, and other proficient Japanese-English speakers correct mistakes, and help me if I'm stuck on some sentences or hesitating on a translation for them.

2) Since I'm French, I translate this manga in both French and English, so that both the French and the English / International Fire Emblem Communities benefit from it.

3) For other info, please refer to the Read Me file inside each chapter.

I also strongly advise reading it on each Stage, as it nearly always contains explanations for some of the jokes inside both the manga and the Omakes.

4) The Omakes, "Bonus" in Japanese, are what they mean : some personal jokes I make from the Stages for both my and your entertainement. Some may crack you up, some may be lame, it's up to your tastes. Except for a select few made by my sister Julia Rowel, all of them are made by me.

PEOPLE BEHIND THIS PROJECT (AKA THANKIES TO THEM):

Translation (both English and French) :

AceNoctali

Scans:

Rayearth (Volume 1)

Aquantis (Volume 2 and beyond)

Scans' edition:

AceNoctali (Stages 1 to 6)

Julia Rowel (Stage 1 to 3)

Marthur (Stage 3 - cleaning -, Stage 7 to 11 - cleaning & editing - )

Major translation corrections / Suggestions / Proofread :

English version:

FireLizard (until Stage 5)

VincentASM (Stages 5 to 7)

Marthur (starting from Stage 5)

TheEnd (starting from Stage 6)

NomadicTrooperGirl (starting from Stage 8)

French version:

Marthur

Minor corrections:

DarkSlime (Stage 4)

Tetemakhang (Stage 4)

Raintree_Leaf (Stage 4)

Aquantis (Stage 4)

Gunlord (Stage 6)

Animeyay (Stage 11)

Datenshi (Stage 11)

-----------------

Latest update of the project:

September, 11th 2011 : Stage 11 uploaded.

Edited by AceNoctali
Fixed BBcode following software upgrade

So, I waited to release Stage 6, before doing like TheEnd and creating this topic.

For those who already followed the Translation project before this, you'll maybe notice the edition's quality is slightly lower than normal. The reason behind this, is that I'm currently on a stduy trip in Japan, and during my trip, I had to format my computer. Unfortunately, I haven't took with me the Installaton CD of the program I use for editing scans, Ulead Photo Express ; I thus had to rely on Paint Shop Pro, the program I only use for converting the scans' bitmap versions to JPGs (since it's better than Ulead on that point), and let's just tell PSP is a clunky program as far as editing goes, who also hates the Ruach let, John Handy let, and Media Gothic fonts, three of the major fonts I use in the translation. :/

About scans edition... I'd like to advance in this translation project at a faster rate than this.

But for this, I would need someone to take over the edition part after Volume 1 is done (which will be the case with the next Stage, Stage 7), as this is the most-time consuming part for me, and the reason it slows me down so much.

If there's somebody interested, who would edit the scans BOTH in English and French, please tell me.

I was particulary inspired by this Stage, Omake-wise, and unfortunately, I had to can some of my ideas because I lack the material and skills to do them. This notably includes a Pokémon battle screen showing "Poké Kid Oifaye would like to battle you !".

BTW, I love this Stage. Easily my favourite of Volume 1. :P

EDIT :

Thanks, TheEnd. :P

For owning all main 3 FE4 manga (yes, even the Nea Fuyuki one, I finally got my hands on all 5 tomes this Sunday :P ), I too think it's the best of the three all around. Oosawa's one is great in the 1st Gen, but it falls flat during the 2nd Gen, and especially near the end ; and Fuyuki's one stops at Chapter 9 of the game and totally cans Lynn, which is lame. :/

Edited by AceNoctali

I see nothing wrong with canning Leen. I prefer Laylea anyway.

EDIT: Just to make this less of a spam post...

It's no surprise to me that the 2nd gen adaptations are either incomplete or not-so-good, since huh, the 2nd gen isn't exactly stellar plotwise. It isn't exactly easy to make something good out of a mediocre source. =/

Edited by Anborn Arsar

She's my 3rd fave char in FE4, that's why. And despite the fact Laylea has Charisma and the Barrier Sword, I prefer Lynn to her. :P

Yeah, the 2nd Gen is indeed weaker story-wise. But I've seen some very good stories fan-fiction wise about it (and some of the most awesome FE4 4koma are 2nd Gen-based), so it's not far from impossible to make a good storyline out of it.

Edited by AceNoctali

Crap, indeed, the "non" is a mistake. Forgot it when I switched from the French translation to the English one (I translate in French first, then in English). Will correct this immediately.

But, for "oubliette", it was deliberate. I didn't like "underground jail", and since, in my dictionnary, "oubliette" is a valid word in English, I kept it as that.

She's my 3rd fave char in FE4, that's why. And despite the fact Laylea has Charisma and the Barrier Sword, I prefer Lynn to her. :P

Lolicon

Yeah, the 2nd Gen is indeed weaker story-wise. But I've seen some very good stories fan-fiction wise about it (and some of the most awesome FE4 4koma are 2nd Gen-based), so it's not far from impossible to make a good storyline out of it.

Making a good story or joke out of pieces of 2nd gen? Very possible.

Making the a good story out of the ENTIRE 2nd gen? Heroic task.

Lolicon

There's also a typo on page 103. (Midayle saying "suddenty" instead of "suddenly")

Anyway, great job, as usual. ;)

Also loved Oifaye's camouflage! It is priceless. XD

Lolicon

T's not for a looks reason only (and no, I'm not a lolicon). I like having the Leg and Knight Ring inherited on my dancer, so I don't have to suffer the pain of fighting through the Arena with a weak character. And Patty has other characters to support in money than Laylea.

BTW, isn't there a novel adaptation of FE4 ? If that's the case and if it touches on 2nd Gen's tale, I would be curious to see how the author managed it.

Edited by AceNoctali

There's also a typo on page 103. (Midayle saying "suddenty" instead of "suddenly")

Anyway, great job, as usual. ;)

Also loved Oifaye's camouflage! It is priceless. XD

Typo corrected. Thanks for pointing it out, Marthur ! And thanks ! :)

I love his camouflage here too. And as you saw I could resist joking about it in the Omakes, it was too tempting. :P

EDIT : Urgh, forgot I was the last person to post here. Very sorry for the double post, it was accidental. T_T

Edited by AceNoctali

I've been wanting to say this for a while, but you are my hero for translating this manga. I think I like this one even more than Oosawa's so far. :)

BTW, isn't there a novel adaptation of FE4 ? If that's the case and if it touches on 2nd Gen's tale, I would be curious to see how the author managed it.

Yeah, I remember there being scans of the (gorgeous) illustrations from the novel on Aquantis's site. I don't have any clue on what the actual writing is like, though, except that it deals with the 2nd Gen.

Thanks, Blackavar ! :)

And, so the novel deals with the Second Gen ? Very interesting. I should try to search for it around my area (and at Akihabara at my next trip there if I can't find it then), so I get the chance to read it and see if the author managed an interesting storytelling of it.

Thinking about it... On a slight unrelated note, about Omake n°3... I know, I can't draw for beans. :/

(And I would have loved to include a few more would-be Hell Chef such as Rurouni Kenshin's Kaoru for example, but the pic was enough crowded as it was).

And I'm currently already working on Stage 7. But I'm just beginning translation, so don't expect the completed scanlation before the end of the month / beginning of next month.

Good FE4 fanfiction? Links or they don't exist.

Good FE4 fanfiction? Links or they don't exist.

On top of my head, for 2nd Gen, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, and this one weren't too bad, for example.

There's more of them, but I'm quite busy right now, thus don't have the time to search for them.

And I'd like to say I don't like the attitude you have here. You could have asked it in a normal way, you know. Way to rub off people on the wrong side. :/

And to everyone else : thanks for your support ! ;)

Edited by AceNoctali

On top of my head, for 2nd Gen, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, and this one weren't too bad, for example.

There's more of them, but I'm quite busy right now, thus don't have the time to search for them.

And I'd like to say I don't like the attitude you have here. You could have asked it in a normal way, you know. Way to rub off people on the wrong side. :/

And to everyone else : thanks for your support ! ;)

Sorry about that. I searched for many years for good FE4 fanfiction, but my powers were lacking. So it was difficult to believe that there was truly good fanfiction out there :)

Thanks for the links, I'll read through them when I can.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks, Blackavar ! :)

And, so the novel deals with the Second Gen ? Very interesting. I should try to search for it around my area (and at Akihabara at my next trip there if I can't find it then), so I get the chance to read it and see if the author managed an interesting storytelling of it.

There are at least 3 different novel series for FE4. I have 2 of them, but I don't read Japanese, so I couldn't tell if they are good or not. Try Bookoff if you see one. they are that rare thing in Japan, a used book store.

Here's the link to where I have the covers of the novels for you. (sadly I haven't managed to get that 3rd novel series yet, so I just have the 2 to show you).

The link off my page

or from my photobucket account