Fujimori Nuts' FE4 manga translation thread

AceNoctali

ew...what do you think about this manga ??http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fire_emblem_seisen_no_keifu/

That is Oosawa's FE 4 manga (and is probably one of my favorites). It is a lot more serious that Fuugimori's. It has some funny scenes, but it likes expanding on the romances and drama of the characters (if you don't like Elto/Lachesis incest, be warned....)

• 4 weeks later...

Long time no see everyone. :)

I have an important announcement to make :

As those who participate in the FE4 thread may know, it's now a while since both the English and French translations drafts for Stage 7 are ready.

Unfortunately, since I was in Japan, I was forced to format my harddrive, meaning I lost access to the picture program I used to edit the scans, Ulead Photo Express ; and now I can't reinstallate it, despite many attemps. Maybe the Windows updates have something to do with this. :/

In any case, I'm now unable to properly edit the pages, as all I have now is Paint Shop Pro, and it's utter shit, especially in regards of adding text.

I wanted to edit this Stage myself, as it's Volume 1's last Stage, before passing the editing baton to someone else, but I have to do this earlier than scheduled.

So, this means I need someone, able to edit scans in both English and French (i.e. you'll have to be able to add specific French characters such as "ç", "é", "è", "ê", and the like), starting from this Stage. I'll translate the Stages, give him the drafts with indications of where to put the dialogues in the scans, with which font, and such.

And also, starting from now, I'll translate the following Stages in advance, so we always have some footage between the times the scans are edited. (tr.dl., I've already started Stage 8's translation draft).

Thanks for your attention, everyone ! ;)

I'll help for stage 7 since you ask. I'm not sure if I'll have enough motivation for the rest of the manga though, I guess it would only be fair if I edited that manga I asked you to translate as well.

I'll help for stage 7 since you ask. I'm not sure if I'll have enough motivation for the rest of the manga though, I guess it would only be fair if I edited that manga I asked you to translate as well.

Superb, thanks a ton Marthur :)

I'll arrange Stage 7's script with all needed editing directives, and send it to you. Give me until this week-end.

Superb, thanks a ton Marthur :)

I'll arrange Stage 7's script with all needed editing directives, and send it to you. Give me until this week-end.

Okay.

Could you at least name the fonts I'll need to download, please?

Okay.

Could you at least name the fonts I'll need to download, please?

The four main fonts I use are :

Comic Sans MS (for normal dialogue in bubbles)

Short Hand (for dialogue outside bubbles, and some soft-sound onomatopeia)

Monotype Corsiva (when a character is thinking or reminiscing, in bubbles)

Media Gothic (For Stage title, and locations, ex: "Marpha Castle", "Junbgy Castle").

Other recurring fonts :

Anime Ace

Badaboom BB

Cataneo BT

Chasm

Dolphin

Dragonwick

Feedback BB

Flat Brush

Haettenschweiler

Highlight Let

John Kandy Let

Letteromatic !

MisterEarl BT

One Stroke Script Let

Palatino Linotype

Ruach Let

SF Slapstick Comic

SF Slapstick Comic Shaded

Smudger Let

Edited by AceNoctali

The four main fonts I use are :

Comic Sans MS (for normal dialogue in bubbles)

Short Hand (for dialogue outside bubbles, and some soft-sound onomatopeia)

Monotype Corsiva (when a character is thinking or reminiscing, in bubbles)

Media Gothic (For Stage title, and locations, ex: "Marpha Castle", "Junbgy Castle").

Got these. Thanks.

I'll look for the others if necessary.

Thanks to Marthur's big help, who cleaned and edited the scans for me, Stage 7 is now available !

You can find it at the "Mangas" section of my website, France-Fire Emblem 4 (check first page of the thread for link).

With this, Volume 1 is complete, at least Stage-wise. I still need to translate the two End Volume author's pages, but that'll be for later.

Until I've finished with Stage 8's translation (which I'm currently at), enjoy ! ;)

And, don't forget : for Volume 2 and on, I need someone for cleaning and editing scans, both in English and French.

And when I say I need this, I mean it : without this, the translation project won't be able to go on.

So, thanks in advance for your help !

Edited by AceNoctali

• 5 months later...

Hahaha!! This is an awesome manga!! Poor Azel. XDD And yes, everyone initially thinks Midayle is a girl. I know I did.

Hahaha!! This is an awesome manga!! Poor Azel. XDD And yes, everyone initially thinks Midayle is a girl. I know I did.

Ugh, why does everybody feel the need to senselessly bump this and the other manga thread? Wait until a new chapter comes out to give praise, instead of necroing it and getting people's hopes up.

Edited by General Spoon

• 9 months later...

Great news! I'm resuming translation of the manga, and:

STAGE 8 IS NOW UP! To get it, follow the link towards my website available in the opening post of the thread.

I'm currently working on Stage 9's draft, too (halfway done as I'm writing this). If things go smoothly, that one will be available soon too.

Hope you'll enjoy this chapter, everyone! ;):

Thanks to the both of you. :) And also,

STAGE 9 IS UP!

Stage 10 will take more time than Stage 9 to be up, though. I haven't started on translating it yet due to being ill yesterday. I hope to complete the translation draft somewhere in the weekend, though. You can be sure I'll work on it, as this Stage contains what is IMO the best joke of the whole Volume 2. :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...