What class should I make Colm?

Roxas

What would you make Colm?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Assassin?
    • Rogue?

I dunno. I'm now finally going through Ephraim Hard, and I just realized something.

Colm is the only thief you get. Naturally, you wanna make him an assassin to keep in canon of thieves.

But then again.... Colm has CRAPPY skill growths. 20/20'ed with 19 skill. Skill is supposed to be their strong point? How the hell can i get a silencer if i only have 34 crit with a killing edge? :angry: Has this happened to you?

I don't know if I should make him a rouge or not, 'cuz I find him useful with a Neimi and Kyle support.

Assassin or rogue?

-stalling time with Fe6 until I get a majority... =P-

Edited by Ryuzaki

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno. I'm now finally going through Ephraim Hard, and I just realized something.

Colm is the only thief you get. Naturally, you wanna make him an assassin to keep in canon of thieves.

But then again.... Colm has CRAPPY skill growths. 20/20'ed with 19 skill. Skill is supposed to be their strong point? How the hell can i get a silencer if i only have 34 crit with a killing edge? :angry: Has this happened to you?

I don't know if I should make him a rouge or not, 'cuz I find him useful with a Neimi and Kyle support.

Assassin or rouge?

-stalling time with Fe6 until I get a majority... =P-

Actually, Assassin existed only once (counting only the games before FE8) and Thieves promoted into Thief Fighter (which is the equivalent of Rouge) in 2 games so I'd say Rogue would be the more "canon".

Skill hardly matters for him since Swords are accurate enough and enemies ain't dodging. Silencer's activation rate is unreliable and requires killing edge to be at its best, screw that.

Winner: Rogue.

Btw, your sig is way too freaking big.

Edited by Levin

FE8 is easy enough to get by using Rennac for spare treasure, and Silencer activation postgame is better than nothing.

rogue wins for maingame though

Edited by Sweet Tooth

Assasin, because you won't need much lock picking and Rennac comes, if you train him he's awesome.

What? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! *out of breath* LMAO at a Rogue who phails to cap Speed on average. That's so funny, it hurts. Sure, he beats Colm in Skill and Resistance, but that's nothing to write home about, now is it? He ties in Defense...and gets raped everywhere else. And that says nothing of the fact that Rennac comes late and sucks. What's this, a Rogue who can't dodge?! LMAO.

Rogue since Assassins are pretty much useless.

What? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! *out of breath* LMAO at a Rogue who phails to cap Speed on average. That's so funny, it hurts. Sure, he beats Colm in Skill and Resistance, but that's nothing to write home about, now is it? He ties in Defense...and gets raped everywhere else. And that says nothing of the fact that Rennac comes late and sucks. What's this, a Rogue who can't dodge?! LMAO.

Rogue since Assassins are pretty much useless.

Yeah, as if Jaffar(FE7) was useless :lol: .

Yeah, as if Jaffar(FE7) was useless :lol: .

1. Different game.

2. Assassins are pretty much useless in this game relative to the other promotion choice the classes that can change into them have.

Lets be smart here. You have a rogue in Rennac. Go for Assassin.

Assassins aren't that great, for one. Second, Rennac is terrible and joins late. Third, Colm has iffy Skill (he barely breaks 19 as an Assassin at 20/20). Fourth, Silencer is rather unreliable. So I have no idea what you're getting at here.

You have killing edges, you can just get money in the arena or Tower Of Valni, Colm is better as in assasin because he's more of a figher, it's better than just using him for stealing and lock picking.

Assassins aren't that great, for one. Second, Rennac is terrible and joins late. Third, Colm has iffy Skill (he barely breaks 19 as an Assassin at 20/20). Fourth, Silencer is rather unreliable. So I have no idea what you're getting at here.

Well, I find assassins rather helpful. Aside from silencer, which takes care of traps, Colm avoids just about any attack thrown his way. Besides, I turn Joshua and Marissa into Swordmasters, so I need an assassin among my ranks.

Edited by Löki

You have killing edges, you can just get money in the arena or Tower Of Valni, Colm is better as in assasin because he's more of a figher, it's better than just using him for stealing and lock picking.

There are only two arenas in the game. (Three, technically, but you're only going to be using two of them.) Killing Edges aren't available to buy until chapter 14. And Colm has iffy Skill. And my point that Rennac is terrible still stands. Plus there's the issue of Silencer being unreliable.

Well, I find assassins rather helpful. Aside from silencer, which takes care of traps, Colm avoids just about any attack thrown his way. Besides, I turn Joshua and Marissa into Swordmasters, so I need an assassin among my ranks.

Rogues can disable traps as well, so I fail to see what you're getting at still. You wouldn't send your thief against Generals and Dracozombies, now would you?

There are only two arenas in the game. (Three, technically, but you're only going to be using two of them.) Killing Edges aren't available to buy until chapter 14. And Colm has iffy Skill. And my point that Rennac is terrible still stands. Plus there's the issue of Silencer being unreliable.

Rogues can disable traps as well, so I fail to see what you're getting at still. You wouldn't send your thief against Generals and Dracozombies, now would you?

Sure why not? I'll give him lancereavers. XD As to the DZs, I've never fought any besides the two at the end chapter, but I don't use Colm there.

Rennac being terrible doesn't really stand since he's only there to loot treasure in the first place, and FE8 enemies fail hard enough for him to be able to take them.

besides, by postgame you can just stat booster whore him up anyway. Rouge wins for maingame but Assassin wins for postgame. Yes Silencer's activation rate sucks but it's still better than nothing.

Edited by Sweet Tooth

Sure why not? I'll give him lancereavers. XD As to the DZs, I've never fought any besides the two at the end chapter, but I don't use Colm there.

Well done. You missed the point. At any rate, Generals and Dracozombies are rare (the former appears only in Chapter 19, not counting Tirado and Vigarde), and the latter only appears in the final chapter and in Lagdou Ruins level 10.

Rennac being terrible doesn't really stand since he's only there to loot treasure in the first place, and FE8 enemies fail hard enough for him to be able to take them.

Not on hard mode they don't.

besides, by postgame you can just stat booster whore him up anyway. Rouge wins for maingame but Assassin wins for postgame. Yes Silencer's activation rate sucks but it's still better than nothing.

I can do that with anyone, so what's your point?

Not on hard mode they don't.

Sure they are.

Rennac's job is to pry open chests. He can have 1 in all stats and do that just fine. And he doesn't suck that bad against FE8 "hard" enemies.

I can do that with anyone, so what's your point?

my point is there's little point in having two max stat rogues, when one of them could gain an ability he actually needs to even have a chance at killing Ruins stuff.

of course Rogue still dominates for the maingame, never disputed that