What class should I make Colm?

Roxas

What would you make Colm?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Assassin?
    • Rogue?

Sure they are.

Rennac's job is to pry open chests. He can have 1 in all stats and do that just fine. And he doesn't suck that bad against FE8 "hard" enemies.

my point is there's little point in having two max stat rogues, when one of them could gain an ability he actually needs to even have a chance at killing Ruins stuff.

of course Rogue still dominates for the maingame, never disputed that

If FE8's hard mode enemies fail as much as you say, then what's the point of making Colm an Assassin? You contradict yourself there with the bolded statements.

At least you agree on Rogue being better for the main story.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If FE8's hard mode enemies fail as much as you say, then what's the point of making Colm an Assassin? You contradict yourself there with the bolded statements.

At least you agree on Rogue being better for the main story.

The whole game is pretty easy. Either promotion is good, but I stick with Assassins for kills, not a rogue who can only pick and suck against other creatures.

then what's the point of making Colm an Assassin?

When I say Rennac can not suck about killing things I'm talking about the maingame. Of course he gets creamed in the postgame.

there's like, almost no chests in the postgame, and they almost never hold anything good. And it's not like Colm can't open them anymore, lockpicks are buyable and rather cheap.

Hell, Silencer's rate isn't even half bad if you max out his crit. 37/38 [dunno if it rounds up] for an instakill on Dracozombies, more when you factor in he doubles, isn't bad at all for something very few units can kill even with a crit.

there's like, almost no chests in the postgame, and they almost never hold anything good. And it's not like Colm can't open them anymore, lockpicks are buyable and rather cheap.

Hell, Silencer's rate isn't even half bad if you max out his crit. 37/38 [dunno if it rounds up] for an instakill on Dracozombies, more when you factor in he doubles, isn't bad at all for something very few units can kill even with a crit.

Except now we're getting into inventory issues.

First off, that requires that he support Neimi and Rennac, and the support with the latter is slow. Second, if, as you said yourself, Rennac gets creamed in the postgame, then say bye-bye to that support. Third, enemies have Luck in this game.

Except now we're getting into inventory issues.

What else are you going to cram into Colm's inventory, the S rank weapons? He can afford one slot and not care. And hell, he's only going to be even using that slot on the five or so postgame maps that actually have chests.

and the support with the latter is slow

Obviously not an issue if we're talking postgame.

Second, if, as you said yourself, Rennac gets creamed in the postgame, then say bye-bye to that support.

Not half AS hard if you throw him boosters, which are in infinite supply.

Third, enemies have Luck in this game.

they do?

well it's still pretty crummy and Colm is still going to get a decent Silencer rate on most things

Edited by Sweet Tooth

Obviously not an issue if we're talking postgame.

Not half AS hard if you throw him boosters, which are in infinite supply.

they do?

well it's still pretty crummy and Colm is still going to get a decent Silencer rate on most things

It still doesn't change the fact that it's pretty slow and impractical.

So you're going to blow bucketloads of cash just to make Rennac usable??

Well, Entombeds do have pretty high luck, but since they fall so easily, they're a non-factor.

It still doesn't change the fact that it's pretty slow and impractical.

It's for the postgame totally nulling that. We can have Colm and Rennac sitting next to each other for as many turns as we like.

So you're going to blow bucketloads of cash just to make Rennac usable??

Sure, what else are we gonna blow that cash on?

I'd go with Assassin. Rennac can handle your Rogue utility since he never has to fight anyway and Assassin is better for fighting.

Woot, see boys? I rest my case. I said all along, Assassin for fighting, Rogue for handling picking and stuff like that. ^^

I'd go with Assassin. Rennac can handle your Rogue utility since he never has to fight anyway and Assassin is better for fighting.

No, Assassins are not better than Rogues at fighting. They fight exactly the same since their caps are identical. The only differences that Assassins has over Rogues is an in-battle skill Silencer which serves no purpose throughout the game. Simply put it's just a random OHKO skill.

I just didn't use Colm because I gave my ocean seal to Ross o.o.

Anyways, Rennac is good, but if I don't make Ross a berserker (Which I really want to), then I'll make Colm a rouge.

Opening chests > RNG abusing to get silencer to work.

It's pointless to have two rogues, just train Rennac, better yet, there are a few stat boosters you get on the same chapter you recruit him, there's an energy ring and some other ones too.

No, Assassins are not better than Rogues at fighting. They fight exactly the same since their caps are identical. The only differences that Assassins has over Rogues is an in-battle skill Silencer which serves no purpose throughout the game. Simply put it's just a random OHKO skill.

Even if that's it, it still makes Assassins better at fighting since they're identical otherwise.

I also loathe the Rogue animation.

Honestly, I don't think its that hard to get the rogue to the chest safely. I don't plan on sending him into a horde of enemies just to get a chest earlier than I would anyways. So I'd rather have assassin.

The only differences that Assassins has over Rogues is an in-battle skill Silencer which serves no purpose throughout the game.

It's the only way Colm's ever going to kill postgame Ruins enemies.

Even guys with good str ratings struggle with the later ruins enemies, so it's your best bet apart from Natasha for killing those Dracozombies.

mmmhmmm.. you guys DO know that if I never voted for assassin myself in the first place... right now its 9 vs 9?

lol.

Remember: I'm going for Valini and Ruins 100% DONE.