What class should I make Colm?

Roxas

What would you make Colm?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Assassin?
    • Rogue?

I say assassins because they at least have lethality even though it might not trigger too much. I'd rather just kill an enemy then steal from them

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say assassins because they at least have lethality even though it might not trigger too much. I'd rather just kill an enemy then steal from them

Lethality? You mean more critical number?

And Assassin is pwning in the poll. ^^

Lethality? You mean more critical number?

And Assassin is pwning in the poll. ^^

Assassins in this have Lethality, don't they? But that boosted critical isn't something to ignore either

You could of just used an earth (master seal, this is FE8) seal or something.

What's the matter, you people don't think? XD

Well, if you really want to get a good Ross, you should A support with Amelia and max out as much as you can.

The first Master Seal you get is in chapter 15. I'm pretty sure, even with the tower, you're not going to be able to get Ross to a 20/20 berserker in less than 5 chapters. o_o

The second is on the VERY LAST CHAPTER.

yeah right, I'm gonna kill the demon king with my 20/1 Ross that can't even use Garm yet! (insert sarcasm here)

What boosted critical?

Meh, if you're willing to abuse it, odds in the fifites for Lethality, bare minimum 37% chance to kill without being damage [Goes lower depending on how much avo Colm has on an enemy] aren't half bad at all.

Edited by Sweet Tooth

You're going to need money to beat the game 100%. Unless you want to waste a slot on that piece of shit Rennac, make Colm a Rogue. He's still one-rounding things, and he can pick the chests that are on multiple gloors.

You're going to need money to beat the game 100%. Unless you want to waste a slot on that piece of shit Rennac, make Colm a Rogue. He's still one-rounding things, and he can pick the chests that are on multiple gloors.

What do you mean by 100%? If you mean doing Creature Campaign and maxing everyone's stats, Rennac makes just as good a Rogue as Colm. You only need one.

Yes, that's what I meant by 100%.

Rennac, however, sucks without those stat boosters. Unless you max him out first, Colm is the obviously superior choice.

So max him out first? There's no need for two Rogues and time is unlimited.

You all make it seem like we're making Rennac a permanent member. We're not. We're just throwing him in whenever there's a chest to snatch and we don't have any extra keys lying about. It's not like he sucks so bad he's unusable, and he's not going to fight anyway.

You all make it seem like we're making Rennac a permanent member. We're not. We're just throwing him in whenever there's a chest to snatch and we don't have any extra keys lying about. It's not like he sucks so bad he's unusable, and he's not going to fight anyway.

Except that he DOES suck so bad that he's unuseable without massive favortism. He's DOZLA bad. Colm CAN be a permanent party member and can one-round most things without stat boosters.

BUT

You could max Colm out using LESS stat boosters first, then have him go ape crazy on everything.

And he'd rape harder as an Assassin anyway because of Silencer. Your point? 100% means maxing Rennac out sometime anyway, so he might as well be one of the first.

That too.

Except that he DOES suck so bad that he's unuseable without massive favortism. He's DOZLA bad. Colm CAN be a permanent party member and can one-round most things without stat boosters.

He doesn't have to fight.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

And he'd rape harder as an Assassin anyway because of Silencer. Your point? 100% means maxing Rennac out sometime anyway, so he might as well be one of the first.

He doesn't have to fight.

And then he can't pick locks and you have to go out of your way just to keep Rennac alive. Wasting time babying Rennac to get money < Colm getting you money.

Yeah, let's make a defensive formation, waste a bunch of time, and have him pick a few locks, when we have a unit who can actually fight and do the same thing!

And then he can't pick locks and you have to go out of your way just to keep Rennac alive. Wasting time babying Rennac to get money < Colm getting you money.

Yeah, let's make a defensive formation, waste a bunch of time, and have him pick a few locks, when we have a unit who can actually fight and do the same thing!

Show me a map where you have to go out of your way to get Rennac safely to a chest rather than simply holding him back a bit. The only thing I can think of that might threaten him is Stone, but that's pretty equally bad for everyone.

Show me a map where you have to go out of your way to get Rennac safely to a chest rather than simply holding him back a bit. The only thing I can think of that might threaten him is Stone, but that's pretty equally bad for everyone.

I'm not going to go and find the maps. :/

Okay there are some major problem with that statement there.

First of all, Silencer occasionally actives which is pretty bad in most circumstances. Assassins are completely reluctant on Killer weapons. They're not ever going to Silencer'd an enemy.

Secondly, your basically relying on luck to do the battling if you choose to promote Colm to Assassin. And chances of Assassins ever activating Silencer is fairly slim. Not to mention it halvens their critical rate.

Third, your other units are good at killing things than Assassin Colm. So you necessarily need Assassin Colm at all.

Edited by Namie Amuro

Okay there are some major problem with that statement there.

First of all, Silencer occasionally actives which is pretty bad in most circumstances. Assassins are completely reluctant on Killer weapons. They're not ever going to Silencer'd an enemy.

Secondly, your basically relying on luck to do the battling if you choose to promote Colm to Assassin. And chances of Assassins ever activating Silencer is fairly slim. Not to mention it halvens their critical rate.

Third, your other units are good at killing things than Assassin Colm. So you necessarily need Assassin Colm at all.

Not ever? Don't you mean not usually? The chance exists.

At least Assassin's have that chance. Rogues don't.

So? No one ever said he was an awesome fighter.

Because Silencer is totally useful, right? You're not already one-rounding everything? Rogues can pick locks. They have the same stat caps. Thief Utility > Useless Skill.

Sure Shot is useless, not Silencer. Colm's Strength isn't very good, so a chance to pull off an OHKO is nice to have. Rennac exists for further thieving utility should you even need it.

Luckily, there're these things called weapons. You see, they boost the damage output of a unit.

Colm can still ORKO most things. Silencer is nearly useless.

Also, using your logic, you have other attacking units. You shouldn't use Colm at all!