Epic Failures, Epic Wins: Fire Emblem 8

Post your epic failures and/or wins.

soul1112s epic failures, these happened in my very first playtrough:

- Vanessa got killed in in the same chapter I got her

- I recruited Joshua, in exchange, Gilliam got criticalled by him.

- I promoted Franz upon reaching level 10 :( , he sucked .

- I promoted Colm at level 14, well, he wasn't that bad.

- I did what I did to Franz but to Forde in Ephraim's route, he was even worse.

soul1112s epic wins:

- Natasha evaded to hits out of Joshua.

- Ewan...he did...the most amazing thing...EVER! He avoided a critical from Marisa :o !

- Rennac

- Colm

Edited by soul1112

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vigarde critcaled Cormag when I've gotten rid of all enemies, recruited Rennac, and got I've wanted from the secret shop.

I had to do it all over again. >:0

FAilures? I was fighting monsters in a map where there were four easy level ups for someone. Anyway, killed all the monsters, but Neimi got pwned by the last one and so I had to start over. =D

Fail:

Artur

Tch.

Well, everytime I manage to get STR with Eirika, or any low-Str-Growth character, it's pretty win for me.

Getting only +1 on a single stat after some hard work is pretty fail.

Vigarde critcaled Cormag when I've gotten rid of all enemies, recruited Rennac, and got I've wanted from the secret shop.

I had to do it all over again. >:0

FAilures? I was fighting monsters in a map where there were four easy level ups for someone. Anyway, killed all the monsters, but Neimi got pwned by the last one and so I had to start over. =D

Wow, now is sure failure, compared to mine, mine is nothing.

Oh yeah, I also got to floor 7 of the ruins and left my Lute unhealed and she got pwned by a flying unit. ^^

I had to reset.

Edited by Löki

My game froze right after I beat the Ruins for the third time in a row. And I forgot to save.

Goddamnit, I nearly got Lyon!!!!

Anyway, my biggest failure is when Joshua entered the arena against a Pirate. He pwns him down to 2 health. The Pirate has a 3% chance to hit and kill Joshua. Guess who wins.

I was too mad to restart the entire chapter

My win was when Innes pwned Lyon (9% critical ftw), and Ephraim dodged like, 14 attacks, each with about a 60~70% hit rate. That's a net chance of about ~1.3 something. Oh, and Saleh critted Calleach to death when he should have been killed.

Failures? Uh... Joshua and Knoll died and I didn't bother to restart. Does that count? I can't think of any "wins" that stand out as anything special. I guess I could mention my RNG blessed Neimi, but that's just luck and not something worth bragging about. =\

Fails.

Neimi as a Sniper

On the 7th floor of ruins, I forgot to move knoll out of the way.

I promoted Ross to a Warrior once

Wins.

Joshua and Marisa, both 20/20 SM, Singled the whole last level.

Gilliam lvl 20/20 General RNG blessed to uber rape status.

My Amelia lvl 10/20/20 Paladin could kill anything in once turn, she did a double crit on the Final boss and it was epic.

My game froze right after I beat the Ruins for the third time in a row. And I forgot to save.

Goddamnit, I nearly got Lyon!!!!

Anyway, my biggest failure is when Joshua entered the arena against a Pirate. He pwns him down to 2 health. The Pirate has a 3% chance to hit and kill Joshua. Guess who wins.

I was too mad to restart the entire chapter

OMG! Now that's very unfortunate.

My win was when Innes pwned Lyon (9% critical ftw), and Ephraim dodged like, 14 attacks, each with about a 60~70% hit rate. That's a net chance of about ~1.3 something. Oh, and Saleh critted Calleach to death when he should have been killed.

My Eirika got killed by Joshua in Chpt 5.

My Garcia(Garcia?!) CRITICLED Joshua and I was like, heh, who gets criticled now, bastard!

I know a lot of people whose Epic Failures would include that peirce glitch* occuring late in the ruins :(

*-You know activate peirce with throwing weapon and double...game hangs at battle screen when second attack should occur. I think thats right.

But for me an Epic win was Chapter 15. The South part of the map. I had armed Seth weith a Dragon Lance, ready to take down Valter. Can't quite remember the specifics but he still had it equiped when taking on the enemy Paladins and Rangers. He kept criticaling them with like a 5% chance. A bit of a lucky break but I felt it was a success either way.

Fail:

Comrag was less emosuicidal and dodged three snipers in a row. He was at at level 14.

He dodged three? Unpromoted? Damn.

What could be said as a Win for me would be finishing the game without tower, map or ruins abusing.

He dodged three? Unpromoted? Damn.

What could be said as a Win for me would be finishing the game without tower, map or ruins abusing.

It doesn't matter if you abuse, it's very fun, I finished the game and still keep using my level 20 units.

• 2 weeks later...

Fails:

In my first playthrough, I got all of my unpromoted units killed by chapter 18 (except Natasha). Eirika died once. I accidentally made Duessel commit suicide by Devil Axe and I let Syrene die. I never rescued the villagers in chapters 6 and 17. I'm pretty sure I overused Seth. I also intentionally killed Joshua, Amelia and Rennac (I didn't know how to recruit them!) and never recruited Cormag. I restarted the game and decided to never let anyone die again.

I've never managed to save Duessel's units (NPC cavaliers) in chapter 10 in Ephraim's route.

I haven't beat the hard mode yet (is it called "difficult" in the game? I'm not sure).

Moulder got about 1% critted by a Dracozombie in the tenth floor of Lagdou.

Wins:

Marisa got hit by an axe user. Then, a Bonewalker with a Steel Bow attacked her. Hit was around 45%, she would have died if it hit. But she dodged!

Playing on GBA, I sent Joshua to the arena in chapter 5. He fought against a Shaman whose Hit was around 40%. Joshua dodged an attack which would have killed him and won. I still wonder why I took the chance.

I've sometimes finished Caellach with Knoll, in the Eirika route.

Kyle was about to die and dodged a Pegasus Knight with 70% Hit. I was being stupid, I had him hold a Steel Sword to raise his Sword Level.

Fails:

A fully maxed Lyon got stone-killed by a pair of Gorgons.

Used Myrrh.

Cormag got Pierce-pwned by Valter when he had an obvious advantage in the battle.

Accidentally supported Ross with Garcia when it should have been Lute.

Wins:

Ephraim fully maxed out by lv 10 promoted with no RNG abuse (except HP).

"Accidentally" lost Garcia, therefore allowing Ross to support with Lute. "WHOOPS, sorry, Garcia. Didn't see that myrmidon there." Haha, loser.

Edited by Surge

Wins:

"Accidentally" lost Garcia, therefore allowing Ross to support with Lute. "WHOOPS, sorry, Garcia. Didn't see that myrmidon there." Haha, loser.

Why is this a win when you could just, you know, bench Garcia?

Why is this a win when you could just, you know, bench Garcia?

Because the support stays unless someone dies, so Ross can't get the A support.

My fail:

Arena abusing Canas, opponent has 26% hit and Canas has 99%. Guess who hit : (. I didn't even know about true hit, and now I do I feel like I could kill someone.

Sure, it's FE7, but it's fail enough.

Edited by Vali

Because the support stays unless someone dies, so Ross can't get the A support.

But if he planned to A support Ross with Lute, he could 2 C supports or one B. I assume that he didn't went B with Garcia, so I dunno.

But if he planned to A support Ross with Lute, he could 2 C supports or one B. I assume that he didn't went B with Garcia, so I dunno.

Ross had a B with Amelia already. It was for a support chain.

Ross had a B with Amelia already. It was for a support chain.

I assume that you were training Garcia as well....

The tower is there for a reason, poor bugger, so underrated.

I assume that you were training Garcia as well....

The tower is there for a reason, poor bugger, so underrated.

Yeah, I was training Garcia too. He was supposed to support with Neimi and Seth, but I like to keep my units close together. That's how it happened.

Garcia had been angering me with horrible level-ups, so I decided to off him instead of continuing to let him waste exp.

Also...

Another fail, to get back on topic:

Lyon summoned a phantom with maxed Strength, Skill, Speed and Luck with a Devil Axe. Tried to break a wall in the ruins with the phantom, but it committed suicide instead.

Edited by Surge

Ahh, a win: Level 1 Knollmancer summoned a Phantom. This phantom attacked Orson, doing no damage. Orson retaliated. He missed. Twice.