Epic Failures, Epic Wins: Fire Emblem 8

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fail: Cormag ( Wyvern Knight ) with a Dragonlance attacks Valter. They converse and Cormag is delighted to be Valter's killer.

Cormag misses.

Valter activates Pierce and criticals.

OMG! Now that...that is a serious problem, man.

Anyways, new epic wins.

- I beat Valter and Orson with Eirka...unpromoted.

- Eirika reached 15 def unpromoted! :o

Fails:

Nah, nothing new.

OMG! Now that...that is a serious problem, man.

Anyways, new epic wins.

- I beat Valter and Orson with Eirka...unpromoted..

Ehh, doesn't Eirika and Ephraim promote after Ruled by Madness?

Ehh, doesn't Eirika and Ephraim promote after Ruled by Madness?

Their promotions are not forced at that chapter, as you have the option of simply keeping the Lunar and Solar Braces for later. Also, I don't see how that's a problem, seeing as Scorched Sand is the chapter before and Ruled by Madness is Orson's chapter, meaning that Eirika not being promoted at that point is completely plausible.

If you mean something like Eirika's not supposed to be promoted at that point anyway, I suppose it's a win due to the fact that an unpromoted Eirika taking down two promoted units with rather high stats. Which is pretty win.

Also... Another fail. Happened today while I was power-training the characters I never used.

Gilliam gained no Speed from level 1 to level 20 as a General. It stayed at 10.

Gilliam gained no Speed from level 1 to level 20 as a General. It stayed at 10.

Aww, that really sucks, Gilliam isn't bad at all, I don't know why they choose Amelia over Gilliam, she's better as a Great Knight or Recruit(2nd promotion)

Something similar happened for Lute, except unpromoted. As a level 12 Sage she still had 8 Skill.

Wow, tht also sucks alot, she must be missing alt of hits.

If you mean something like Eirika's not supposed to be promoted at that point anyway, I suppose it's a win due to the fact that an unpromoted Eirika taking down two promoted units with rather high stats. Which is pretty win.

I mean this, but Eirika is not that bad actually. Props anyway.

Fail:Garcia spending his last level up ON NOTHING.The guy is all offense, goddammit.

Fail:Garcia spending his last level up ON NOTHING.The guy is all offense, goddammit.

I was training Gerik a while ago, and from level 14 on every other level up got nothing.

I was training Gerik a while ago, and from level 14 on every other level up got nothing.

Promoted?

Also, win:

Arthur healing.

Win: Franz

Fail: Joshua got criticaled by Vigarde and died. I couldn't be stuffed restarting the chapter so I left him. I had Gerik attack next

Gerik got criticaled and died. I raged and reset.

Win: Franz

Fail: Joshua got criticaled by Vigarde and died. I couldn't be stuffed restarting the chapter so I left him. I had Gerik attack next

Gerik got criticaled and died. I raged and reset.

Something similiar happened to me, in chapter 5 where you recruit him, enemy Joshua attacked my Garcia, Joshua attacked and missed, and my Garcia criticled him!

I went like: Hah! Who get's criticled now b*tch.

• 2 months later...

Epic Fail: Eirika not dodging ever on the prologue on normal even after TWELVE restarts. How the crap can you not dodge someone with a ~30 displayed hit?

Epic Win: In the chapter where you're defending that castle in Rausten, I sent Colm down to the left to get the chests. This was my first playthrough so I had no idea what was coming. Colm was a level 4 rogue with nothing but iron swords. He got hit once by the generals and paladins, who in turn were all wounded to the point at which if they weren't already dead, they had only about 10 HP left.

Also, I calculated Kyle and Seth's stats at level (Kyle was already level 2 and Seth was level 7) 6Kyle 7Seth promoted to compare them in my recent playthrough, and with an Iron Lance Kyle 2HKOs Seth. Seth 23HKOs Kyle with an Iron Lance. Seth only has a ~10% higher hit. Wanna guess who'd win?

I've said my Forde one before this got deleted.

Fails: Using Orson

Forde being critted in 5x, killing him

Gilliam getting killed at full health by one bandit in chapter 5.

20/3 Great Knight Franz with 9 def.

Wins: Kyle 1% Crit on Zonta

Reginleif critical on Gheb

Seth fighting a Pally in the arena, getting him to level 2.

Edited by Joshybear25

Failures:

Let Joshua die in Chapter 13 (Eirika's route). Got hit by a Berserker 20% display hit chance.

Promoted Ewan into a Druid.

Promoted Colm into an Assassin.

Tried to defeat Fomortiis with Iron weapons. (My strongest unit did eight damage. :()

Wins:

Almost did defeat Fomortiis with Iron weapons.

Tower abused Garcia, Ross, Amelia, L'Arachel, Natasha, Lute, and Knoll to (10/)20/20. ... Though, that might count as a failure for wasting my time. Hm.

But my favorite would be a Killer Axe Phantom getting ten criticals in Tower of Valni 8, killing five Wights, a Gorgon, and a Cyclops.

Epic wins: I owned the cyclops boss with Marisa (the cyclops in the chapter that she comes in) at base level.

...Ok now for the real explanation, I attacked him with a bunch of ranged weapons and eventually I got him down to EXACTLY 1 HP and I saw that Marisa had 100% hit and 1 dmg. I just attacked him for the fun of it. XD

Epic failures: I didn't know that I would've gotten a free knight crest at chapter 10 Ephraim route so I let one of the cavaliers die. -_- And I figured it out when I was at chapter 13.

Not realising that my Seth had rescued Ross, I sent him into the arena. Seth fought a Bishop who got him to 2 HP, though Seth won. I check Seth's Spd and I see the Down arrow next to it.