Travian

Raven

Read up on Travian here

Register on the Travian US Speed 3x server

Travian guide and FAQ

I play this game... It has many languages, and each language has a few servers each. I am registered on UK's Server 2 and I am registered to US's Speed 3x Server, which begins in 28 hours from now. I chose Roman tribe, my account name is "Raptor", and my starting position is the South-West, for those who would like to be in the same region as me.

For those interested, I suggest you join the US Speed server which is starting soon. We can communicate in the game, and if you keep up with me (with my guidance I'm sure you will do reasonably well) we can surely join the same alliance and work even closely together.

I've been at this game through several servers since March 2007, so I know what to do when it comes down to it, so if you decide to play and get stuck, ask me.

I will upload screenshots from my UK Server 2 account if anyone is interested. My account name on that by the way, is "Shaun K".

It would be cool to play with some of the people from here, so if you join, let me know. And be in the SW region, too.

Hm... Seems interesting enough. School's out tomorrow, so I'll definitely have too much free time on my hands...

One question though. This may come off as a a really stupid question, lol, but the 3x Speed server speaks of a 100 day time limit. Are these 100 actual IRL days, or game days, and if it is the latter, how often do they pass?

You could call it a strategy, almost. You have a village, and from there you build units and expand by building more villages.You have resource fields, you upgrade production of the village by upgrading resource fields. You are able to attack and also get attacked, and it's up to you whether you want to use defensive units (if you have any) to try to defend, or if you want to use your offensive units to attack others. There's a world map in which everyone shares, and travel time for units and merchants from one village to the other depends on the distance between villages. I'll explain more things later.

And yeah, 100 real-time days. in-game time = real-life time.

Some printscreens from my UK Server 2 account:

Village Overview

45094316cn4.png

Village Centre

85901686rs4.png

Map

97008212eu6.png

Statistics

72808926sx1.png

These should give a slightly better picture of how the game is.

Lol, you named your villages after Sonic zones? That's awesome.

I'll consider it... I still got about 11 hours to decide. I'm not absolutely sure I'll have all the time needed to devote to this game. Of course it could be fun. The concept of an MMO not ending when you stop playing has always intrigued me...

Lol, you named your villages after Sonic zones? That's awesome.

I'll consider it... I still got about 11 hours to decide. I'm not absolutely sure I'll have all the time needed to devote to this game. Of course it could be fun. The concept of an MMO not ending when you stop playing has always intrigued me...

lol yeah, you can name them anything you like.

You don't have to register before it begins either, you can register two months into the game, even. But then you would be quite far behind many of the people. I suspect this US Speed server will have about 40,000 players on it within a week of it beginning.

Alright, well I'm going for it. It'll be a fun summer experience, since I have no life. Acc name is Zephrion, starting SW, Romans. Hope to see you online Raven. Hopefully I won't be totally helpless and won't have to ask for help at every turn. :P

Alright, well I'm going for it. It'll be a fun summer experience, since I have no life. Acc name is Zephrion, starting SW, Romans. Hope to see you online Raven. Hopefully I won't be totally helpless and won't have to ask for help at every turn. :P

Haha good to know. My account name will be Vanguard Raven, since some sod already took Raven... I'm not being Raptor any more, Raven owns it. I will be starting 12 hours after the server begins, so that's just over 16 hours from now. Work on nothing but your resource fields for at least one day, it will increase your hourly production.

I also suggest you read up on as much as you possibly can using the FAQ and guide I linked in the first post. It will cover many things of what you may end up asking me.

This guy should be your first target. =D

ravenbx8.png

Started earlier, and poured most of my resources into fields, with some allocated to the construction of a Warehouse and Cranny. By the time tomorrow rolls around, I should have enough resources to begin building defenses. (I didn't expect the Newbie Protection to just be 24 hours on the Speed Server :o) It's...strangely addicting so far. I can only assume it gets better once everyone starts trying to kill each other. :P

Beginner's protection ends in 24 hours... I plan to get fields up to lv1 each, and using the gold helps. I distributed 5 gold to extra wood, clay and iron production, then i gave the remaining 20 gold to wheat production.

I plan to raid others of resources using units (legionnaires first) as soon as I can. But I need barracks before I can build any units...

Everyone needs to hurry up and start playing this now... I don't know what it is about, it's a relatively simple game in terms of design, yet it's so damn addicting, lol.

Everyone needs to hurry up and start playing this now... I don't know what it is about, it's a relatively simple game in terms of design, yet it's so damn addicting, lol.

True, I've been at the game now for over 15 months across different servers, and I don't get very bored of it. Well I do sometimes... But still, I stuck around for more.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...