Mistakes or errors on the site

VincentASM

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TRS section has a confusing description for Sierra's recruitment. Based on what it says, it sounds like Shigen has to be dead in order for her to join, and that if she joins at the later time, she joins during Map 31. I just played through that map with Shigen very much alive; I visited both houses and nothing seemed to happen during the battle, but she joined at the end of the map. Shigen has "died" and been revived by his sword; I don't remember when this happened, though. If Sierra can be recruited just by letting Shigen "die" and be revived automatically, that seems like it should be noted, as it's an entirely different matter than having to lose a character permanently.

Based on rough translations of the recruitment method listed on Pegasus Knight, it sounds like the real recruitment methods are a bit different: If Shigen has been defeated at the Sealed Bridge (perhaps earlier times work as well), then Sierra will join after the Sealed Bridge fight - and, crucially, Shigen will be revived. Alternatively, she joins in Map 31 by having Shigen visit one of the houses; this is what I did on my file, which triggered a scene with Shigen and Holmes. Again, though, Sierra did not join until the end of the map. It does not sound like Shigen being defeated before this point has any impact on anything.

Shigen is marked as an important character starting immediately after the Sealed Bridge encounter, so it sounds to me that the most plausible explanation is one that involves Sierra bringing back Shigen if he was killed at any point before that time, but I'm not certain. Whatever is accurate, I hope that someone who's played the game more than I have can sort this out.

---

Edit 2/19/12

There's another problem in the TRS section, with the area attacks. They're listed as "Does 5 area damage" or "Does 9 area damage"; although this seems to be what the ingame descriptions say, the meaning is very unclear. What it means is that the attacks hit either 5 squares in a plus shape or 9 squares in a box shape. The current description can appear to refer to damage, but the actual damage of the attacks is based on the attack's Mt and user's stats just like any other attack, rather than having anything to do with these numbers. I don't know about how it looks in Japanese, but in English, it is difficult if not impossible to understand the meaning based on that wording.

There's another part of the description that is not necessarily incorrect, but it's unclear. Most of the area attacks can be used "every other turn" or "every 5 turns". This can be interpreted that you could use one of the "every other turn" attacks on, say, Turn 2 and be able to use it again starting from Turn 4, or if you don't use it on Turn 2, you could instead use it on Turn 3 in exchange for waiting until Turn 5 for the next use. This is not the case: not using the attack when you have the chance does not allow you to save it for later. The standard area attacks can only be used on even-numbered turns, and the attacks that hit the entire field can only be used on turns that are a multiple of 5. It might be prudent to clarify this.

Edited by Othin

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/media.html

on the pic where the dude with the butterfly mask (marth?) and krom are swinging their swords you've type Ike and marth? in the description you might get some people confused :)

http://serenesforest...fe13/media.html I'm pretty sure you meant "Krom and the masked man".

He just got it fixed.

Edited by King Marth 64

Oh yeah, thanks guys for pointing it out (and I saw King Marth 64's comment about this on FE Wikia as well).

Not sure how the heck I ended up writing Ike. Did I forget how to spell Krom's name or something...?

Edited by VincentASM

And I founded an another FE1 Manga scanalation and its in English for Map 13 and you can add it to this page: gallery/fe1manga.html

Source: FE1 Manga Project Thread (by Jeorge and his team doing the Map 13)

Edited by King Marth 64

And I founded an another FE1 Manga scanalation and its in English for Map 13 and you can add it to this page: gallery/fe1manga.html

Source: FE1 Manga Project Thread (by Jeorge and his team doing the Map 13)

Once we've done the rest of the volume, I'll create a file that combines my team's work with the previous ones. I'll post here when we've reached that point to prevent any complications :)

PS Thanks for your support!

Edited by Jeorge

In the recruitment section of FE10 it says that Janaff and Ulki will automatically recruit themselves if they survive 3-7 (assuming you don't recruit them yourself). However, I've had an unrecruited Janaff get killed in that chapter, and he's still be available to be deployed in the next chapter.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

The "World Map" section of FE7 erroneously lists Kathelet/Khathelet as an unvisited location; Lyn visits it in Chapter 7, as evidenced by Kent in that chapter ("This is Khathelet."), and by the Lyn-Eliwood A support conversation: "When I first saw you in Khathelet..."

Also, in the Hints and tips section of FE7, it says "If you make Ninian or Nils use Set's Litany on a character and reset your game, the Set's Litany condition will disappear when you resume." But you lose Ninian before you get Set's Litany, so she can't use it at all; it should read "If you make Nils use Set's Litany..." Unless that's a deliberate error to avoid spoiling FE7...

Edited by Paper Jam

Guest Guest

The script for the rest of Lyn's part was done well, but there was just one small scene missed in Chapter Seven, if Matthew visits the bottom right house with Hector in it.

Matthew:

Huh? Milord! What brings you here?

??? (Hector):

Ah, Matthew. Eliwood and I are here for our monthly bout.

Matthew:

You’re still testing one another’s fighting prowess, eh? It’s a solid friendship you two share, that you can practice so faithfully.

??? (Hector):

If you don’t sharpen your blade, you lose your edge. So tell me, what are you doing here?

Matthew:

Milord Uther was curious about the succession issue here.

??? (Hector):

Oh, the long-lost granddaughter thing, right? So, which way does my brother lean?

Matthew:

By my assessment, he will back the granddaughter’s claim. The marquess’s brother, Lundgren, is too ambitious by far. Left alone, we might wake to find him at Ostia’s door before long.

??? (Hector):

Sound advice, I think.

Matthew:

My return to Ostia is going to be delayed a bit. Would you mind letting Lord Uther know?

??? (Hector):

What, so the marquess’s brother is now your personal messenger?

Matthew:

You always did have a good sense of humor, milord. Don’t forget my message!

??? (Hector):

What impudence!

Oh yeah, I fixed that. Try refreshing the page ^^

I refreshed the page several times and it still just lists swords for their equipment.