Mistakes or errors on the site

VincentASM

I've decided to check the BSFE section after a while.

http://www.serenesforest.net/general/bsfe.html

I've noted that there's some inaccuracies in regard to gameplay info. In particular, any references to reinforcements appearing at a predefined turn, and the recruitment infos:

"Frost joins once you get close to him (might be a good idea to recruit him quick since he's the only healer)"

"Dice and Malice join around Turn 15~19"

Are all ill-defined, because for BS Fire Emblem these are dependant on the game clock (And trying to get to Frost quickly would be a BAD idea if you don't want him attacking Minerva). In fact, the BS Fire Emblems actually have multiple timed events that are not documented on the guides here, probably because they aren't as obvious as the ones in the BS Zeldas like referred to here: http://www.bszelda.zeldalegends.net/ast_walkthrough_bc.shtml#16

Some of these are noted in the transcript translations I attempted a few years back (For example, the script makes a note of the timed events where critical rates skyrocket, which is a vitally helpful tool to help people complete objectives.)

From what I've seen in my tests of the games, fiddling around with them in emulation and tinkering with the clock settings, it seems that all events are tied to the game clock, rather than traditional FE factors such as turn counts.

To further make my case, here's some of the BS Fire Emblem videos I recorded for YouTube a bit ago. In these videos I have the game running at a fraction of the speed while recording, but the real-time clock remains synced to real-world-time, which in my recording makes it seem as though time is going faster. This causes some mildly bizarre things to happen in regard to when reinforcements appear.

I'd say it'd be a good idea to give the BS Fire Emblem section a good overhaul.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I see. I was wondering why some of the events seemed to vary (and hence why I put down stuff like Turn X~Y).

Sadly, info on the BSFEs is lacking, but good thing we have our resident expert here X D

By the way, what do you mean here?

(And trying to get to Frost quickly would be a BAD idea if you don't want him attacking Minerva).

By the way, what do you mean here?

I meant that since his join time is linked to the game clock (I forget the exact details but according to the script I translated, Frost joins at the 30-minute mark, which would be 20 minutes of actual gameplay in, if you started the map at the 10-minute mark as per how the actual broadcast worked. I'll cross-check this for accuracy later, which should be easy enough to do with both the ROMs and the NicoNicoDouga videos, but from what I recall it means on a technical level that he'll join on the player phase after that time point is hit.), it'd be a bad idea to try to approach him before that point, in the chance he might attack you.

In practice, though,I think he's so far away that most would find it difficult to reach him beforehand, at least not unless they were explicitly hacking around with the clock, which is possible under some emulators. Also, since many emulators throw you in at 00:00 (Which would practically be like skipping the whole download sequence and story exposition in the original broadcast), it makes the fact that the game checks the timer for events important.

... Saying all that, I guess technically approaching him isn't even necessary for recruiting him, although you'll probably want to anyway so he doesn't get massacred as soon as he changes sides.

Also, just to be extra-clear, Malice and Dice's joins are also linked to the game clock.

(Geez, the way I worked on those names in the transcripts looks embarassing in retrospect. I'm surprised some of the other elements hold up as well as they do.)

Edited by Kiddo

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but...

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe7/script/script_29x.html

And

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe7/script/script_31x_h.html

Right after where Marcus says "Yes, I will go with you", there should be a note that separates whatever follows next. More specifically, somewhere after Marcus says "Yes, I will go with you", there should be a note that states that the following conversations depend on whether Hector is paired with Lyn or not. If Lyn isn't paired up with Hector, then Lyn starts saying "Curious" and goes on about Hector's character. If she is paired up with Hector, then Eliwood simply says "...Lyndis, let's go" and Lyn says "Mm..."

Basically, something like this.

Marcus: Yes, I will go with you.

(If Hector and Lyn have an A support)

Eliwood: ... Lyndis, let's go.

Lyn: Mm...

(If Hector and Lyn do not have an A support)

Lyn: ...Curious.

Eliwood: What is it, Lyndis?

Lyn: Hector. He acts like such a brute, but he takes his duties seriously.

Eliwood: Hector has always been a man if firm character. I've always envied him for that. His ability to conceal any doubts about himself or his actions.

Also, in the Hector's story version of the script, there's the note that states a script change occurs if Eliwood and Lyn are paired up in the Eliwood mode version of the script, but not the Hector mode version. Shouldn't both pages have the exact same notes in this case?

The Hector's mode version of the script is also missing the following conversations (minus the Hector mode Lyn/Hector conversation), which are present in this video in addition to the already present Hector's mode version of the Lyn/Hector conversation.

Speaking of the Lyn/Hector conversation, the Eliwood mode version of the conversation is nearly a word-for-word copy of the Hector mode version. Just replace "But aboard the pirate ship and back there" with "But after I heard you speak back there,".

Edited by Just call me Al

I don't exactly have video proof of this(although I really have no reason to lie), but in part 3's prologue of FE10, there are actually two coins.

4w0lK.png
the darkest yellow is where I think it was, it might have been anywhere of those lighter yellow colored squares though.

Sorry I can't actually record this for accuracy, but I can replay the chapter and get the location exactly.

...So I acidently saved over the file right as I told myself "we're going to replay the chapter", so it might be a while :x

I'll also check any other chapters I suppose when I do that.

On a different note though, do you think there are hidden items specifically in certain modes only? Because I was doing a easymode speedrun, I'm not sure if this matters.

Edited by Kitty of Time

I'm afraid I don't have a clue ^^;;;

I did personally check every items' co-ordinates (about a year ago), but only the ones people already knew about. I may have found one or two new ones, but those were usually just two items right next to eachother and people mistook them for one item.

In the Item locations page of the Sacred Stones section there is an error. The Elysian whip on chapter 8 is in the right chest, NOT the left chest as the site says. The left chest holds a Silver Sword.

http://serenesforest.net/fe8/support/032.html

Nothing is going to happen to me. It's still very strange to me that you are grown up and worry about me now. When you first joined the knights, you were just a girl. Innes: You've really grown, Vanessa.

The "Innes:" isn't at the beginning like it should be.

I'll also check any other chapters I suppose when I do that.

I didn't actually expect to find any others though, imagine my surprise.

4DtRB.png

part 4, chapter 2, that coin wasn't listed on the site and I just found it.

edit, that might have been from some enemy sniper, i'll have to re-check

Edited by Kitty of Time

Sure, they can go here.

I've seen that before--it's likely a localisation oversight due to the generic support system. In the Japanese version, they used a gender-neutral honorific for higher ranked people.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For some reason, Flavia's maximum stat modifiers are shown to include+1 skl(47 as a hero), when in my game she appears to have +2 skl (48 as a hero). Region changes, or small error?

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/char_max_all.html and http://serenesforest.net/fe13/char_max.html

Edited by 1KCris

For some reason, Flavia's maximum stat modifiers are shown to include+1 skl(47 as a hero), when in my game she appears to have +2 skl (48 as a hero). Region changes, or small error?

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/char_max_all.html and http://serenesforest.net/fe13/char_max.html

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/char_max_all.html

A possible bug in the NA version:

Flavia's max skill should be one point higher for every class except thief. But that would make her skill modifier +2 except for thief.

It's something weird with the game. May or may not be region specific, dunno.

edit:

Or...the site doesn't have the correct skill cap for Thief. Lon'qu has 32 max skill as a thief but the site says 33. Panne and Gaius have 31, not 32. Vaike has 30, not 31.

Etc.

Which means Flavia has +2 skill modifier.

Why didn't I check other thief chars back then?? -kicks self-

Edited by Sock

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For Fire Emblem Awakening, the Thief Class has a maximum skill stat of 29 instead of the listed 30 (before modifiers).

Edit: Just checked the 2ch strategy wiki, confirmed max thief skill is 29.

Edited by PapaDragon

FE12 Prologue II script is missing the FeMU version of one little part:

[spoiler=MaMU, currently in the Wiki's script]Luke:

Commander? Gotcha! Well, I'll be commander if you guys all insist!

Rody:

Nobody's insisting anything, Luke...

[spoiler=FeMU, missing from the Wiki's script]Luke:

Commander? Gotcha! Oh, what's that? Luke should be the one? Yes, I completely agree!

Rody:

Don't make up our words...

edit: Oh, oh, there's also a little bit missing after that:

[spoiler=MaMU version]Chris:

It's okay. When my grandfather trained me, he used to say the same thing. He said that the best way for men to understand each other is by fighting.

Katarina:

Huh. Y-your grandfather sure sounds colorful... Anyway, our opponents are Luke and Rody. It's been decided that Ryan will be on our team.

[spoiler=FeMU version, missing]Chris:

It's okay. When my grandfather trained me, he used to say the something similar. He said that the best way for men to understand each other is by fighting. Well, I'm a girl, but...

Katarina:

Anyway, our opponents are Luke and Rody. It's been decided that Ryan will be on our team.

Edited by Tsamimi