Getting rid of the postcount system

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I was worried about since my account got deleted was my member title status. Since I can change my member title now, even though I'm an egg, I'm fine if you take it away. : D

I kinda like the postcount system. I'm not into elitism as Mr. Hammerdwarf suggests, but I like how it keeps a record of your activity on the forum, sort of like a personal goal.

I haven't seen anyone get all elitist over postcount in quite a while anyway.

Removing the extra privileges is enough, if you ask me.

Get rid of it. It just causes the e-peen maggots to go "HURP I HAVE LOTS MORE POSTS THAN HIM SO YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO ME" when they're blathering on with their box of tard.

FESS removed postcounts. Yet, it died with an elitist reputation.

Hmmm.

I kinda like the postcount system. I'm not into elitism as Mr. Hammerdwarf suggests, but I like how it keeps a record of your activity on the forum, sort of like a personal goal.

I haven't seen anyone get all elitist over postcount in quite a while anyway.

Yes, you are.

And you can see your own post count at any time.

FESS removed postcounts. Yet, it died with an elitist reputation.
Because it expected members not to suck. Your argument fails. Edited by Urist McHammerdwarf

Ironically it wasn't truly elitist until the end anyways

Even if it were removed, any member can calculate their post number by entering their profile and viewing all posts, then tallying them together with some simple math :[

Edited by Celice

Looking at others' post count makes you kinda go...

Aw crap. loook at that girl with all of teh postz. I wanna b that hi lol. And then you pretty much feel bad about yourself for not dedicating your life enough to an internet forum.

Kill the post count.

The respect other members show towards you should be sufficient indication whether you're a productive and good member of the forum or not. A post count is nothing but a number beneath your avatar.

A postcont is just for fun. No harm to it. If members think they are the best of the forums just because they have a really high postcounts than their postcounts should be lowered. Punish them with what they love XD.

Edited by Aioria

Because it expected members not to suck. Your argument fails.

Or does it?

Of all the forums I remember lurking/posting, only FESS and GameFAQs (!) had postcounts disabled.

If it were such an obvious solution, I'd believe it would be more widespread by now.

I despise those horrific topics that go "LOLOLOL I HAS 666 POSTS GAIZ" so please eradicate them.

Or make it only count how many times you post in FftF. Because the higher your post count, the more obvious it is you spam :D

Edited by Crepe Knight

A postcont is just for fun. No harm to it. If members think they are the best of the forums just because they have a really high postcounts than their postcounts should be lowered. Punish them with what they love XD.

That would work. That punishes them and not everyone in general. People who like post count and don't say that they're better because they have more posts, like me shouldn't be punished.

This reminds me of the forum whore on another forum. The mods delete his posts when they're bored.

Just a thought, but wouldn't disabling post count make it so that members could delete their own posts without us having to worry about them constantly deleting their posts so they can up their post count? Or was that issue resolved without my knowledge?

Just a thought, but wouldn't disabling post count make it so that members could delete their own posts without us having to worry about them constantly deleting their posts so they can up their post count? Or was that issue resolved without my knowledge?

The main issue is the board software doesn't seem to keep track of member-deleted posts. It keeps mod or admin-deleted ones though.

Of all the forums I remember lurking/posting, only FESS and GameFAQs (!) had postcounts disabled.

The latter has the karma system though D:

Edited by VincentASM

I dont see a point in getting rid of it. i mean the really high traffic forum on here doesnt even count toward post count anyway so whats the point? *shrug*