Serenes Forest Picture Thread

Raven

tbh neither of us have much experience with that :c There was just a snake owner who wasn't keeping her snake and specta was like "I'll have him!!!" and now he's here!

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I could ever have a snake as a pet. I generally prefer cats. I'm not sure if there's anything Freudian there.

I also love dogs and birds, though. Just not snakes. I want something I can cuddle.

I'm not sure what about that picture says "snakes don't cuddle" ^o^

Snakes "cuddling" is how they kill their prey, so it would make me nervous.

Snakes "cuddling" is how they kill their prey, so it would make me nervous.

Heehee I see. Well idk about other breeds but the corn snake we have isn't hostile at all, cuddling is just a thing they like to do. And they don't have any constricting tendencies either. Just like dogs, all snake breeds have different personalities. Just like dogs, there are hostile snakes (the types that I imagine most people don't keep as pets, again just like dogs) and there are friendly snakes. Corn snakes just happen to make really good pets! And over the 8 years this one's been alive, he's historically been a really good pet.

But again I'm not trying to get you to like snakes or anything, just explaining what I know.

Heehee I see. Well idk about other breeds but the corn snake we have isn't hostile at all, cuddling is just a thing they like to do. And they don't have any constricting tendencies either. Just like dogs, all snake breeds have different personalities. Just like dogs, there are hostile snakes (the types that I imagine most people don't keep as pets, again just like dogs) and there are friendly snakes. Corn snakes just happen to make really good pets! And over the 8 years this one's been alive, he's historically been a really good pet.

But again I'm not trying to get you to like snakes or anything, just explaining what I know.

I mean, I think all snakes are hostile in a way, in that they're predators.

I do sorta want clarification from Rezzy, because it seems like she might be talking about something that snopes claims is probably a myth (that snakes take time to examine their prey to determine size before deciding whether to eat it).

I do sorta want clarification from Rezzy, because it seems like she might be talking about something that snopes claims is probably a myth (that snakes take time to examine their prey to determine size before deciding whether to eat it).

Well I mean there's no denying that =b

Oh that'd be funny, sigma and the snake I watched way back in my high school biology class didn't play around with their prey at all. It's just over in an instant.

The other funny thing is that I don't think I'd fit inside this snake's mouth~! So I don't think I'd need to worry about him sizing me or specta or integrity up

Edited by Freohr Datia

I was mostly referring to how snakes constrict their prey. I know not all snakes do that, but I'm not enough of a snake expert to know which ones do. I'd also fear for my cat's safety with a snake around.

That's what research is for! (again, just like with dogs~) If nobody else can help you then you've got to help yourself. I once had to attempt a diagnosis on a baby chick who had an issue with her/his leg, and I have no experience with chicken conditions. But I did research thoroughly to make sure everybody/thing agreed on the same thing.

(and now you know corn snakes don't do that~)

It's just that yeah if you don't like snakes in general, then I'm sure research is completely unnecessary to help you realize that you don't want to keep one!

I'm sure the snake would do more damage to the cat than the cat would to the snake, but we've actually been more worried about our cat being an instigator more than the snake because our cat's a dick ^o^ I guess it kind of helps that the snake is limited to a tank and the cat isn't. The only way a conflict would happen is if the cat tried to make his way into the tank through the mesh top.

But yeah we do try to make sure they aren't both in the same room together unsupervised. Same with the dog (who I personally trust more than the cat~!)

A cat or dog with the right personality would probably be totally fine, at least. And corn snakes are a popular pet because they have the right personality.

• 10 months later...
On 8/17/2016 at 8:38 AM, はたの 秦 こころ said:

I guess it's time to share my little zoo:

Reveal hidden contents

01OTGMg.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

a9U8GGb.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

YuGUxeG.jpg

Hide contents

343445_zpsjqgh95vp.jpg

You must be hyper-competent if you can take care of all those animals.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...