FEBinary programs and hacks in here:

Celice

The kids' growth rates just seem too low compared to some of the fixed characters in the 2nd gen of GoT when following that formula. Doesn't really make sense when enemies are stronger in the 2nd gen.

Or maybe it's father + (mother/4) instead. (Or vice-versa.)

Sounds more likely.

Changed it to more literal form.

Edited by Tiena

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kids' growth rates just seem too low compared to some of the fixed characters in the 2nd gen of GoT when following that formula. Doesn't really make sense when enemies are stronger in the 2nd gen.

You shouldn't worried about their growths, really. Some of them are perfectly capable of maxing out their stats.

Though you should know that there are enemies that you can't kill even if you have perfect stats and Holy Weapon. I won't say anything further than this to avoid spoilers.

Edited by Fia

Next time you have time or don't have anything to do, would you be willing to assemble a basic item chart for the RM hack? It's the only thing that should really be necessary for the game, considering some of the weapons have additional effects that can't always be uncovered through comparing the skills screen and their description :E

Next time you have time or don't have anything to do, would you be willing to assemble a basic item chart for the RM hack? It's the only thing that should really be necessary for the game, considering some of the weapons have additional effects that can't always be uncovered through comparing the skills screen and their description :E

Thing is, that isn't translation work... I'd very much like to see one of those as well. :E

Anyone know any of the branched promotions in the fe5 hack?

You mean that ZC hack? They're listed in the CC.txt file.

For instance, Finn can apparently become a General or Duke Knight, Arthur a Sage or Mage Knight, and Linus a Mercenary or Berserker. Alternate promotions are unlocked through use of a Master Proof (instead of the usual Knight Proof).

How about if I can screenshot all the item descriptions, would that help?

Maybe I should get around to compiling the basic item stats at least. Except... I just realised the item codes don't work. I never bothered hacking FE4 manually so I'm not sure if that'll work either o__o

EDIT

Okay, codes might work still.

Edited by VincentASM

System page done. Now, stats, scenarios and spoiler pages are left.

How about if I can screenshot all the item descriptions, would that help?

Maybe I should get around to compiling the basic item stats at least. Except... I just realised the item codes don't work. I never bothered hacking FE4 manually so I'm not sure if that'll work either o__o

EDIT

Okay, codes might work still.

One of Celice's concerns, however, was about hidden effects not shown in the item descriptions, I believe...

EDOT: Stats page done as well.

Edited by Tiena

I was looking arounfd a bit on the FEBIN site and downloaded all the available patches, I'm now looking which patches do what and I found that the FE0012 is the one that allows multiple class changes

Link: http://febin.so.land.to/src/FE0012.zip

I'll now start looking for the sword skills and holy blood patches.

EDIT: If a character activates Meteor sword, can one of those five hits contain "sol"? If not, then I've found have the sword skills patches as well. ^_^

EDIT2: I found yet another interesting patch, its called FE4 crazy but you could just call it Genealogy of Hezul if you want as Eltshan is the first lord and Aless the second. Trabant replaces Cuan but he still has Major Noba and got Minor Dain for some reason. The most noticeable change is that the difficulty is raised to a pretty high level, I just did a quick run through the prologue but lost my 3 starting knights(Eve, Eva and Macbeth), though I did play rather careless.

link: http://febin.so.land.to/src/FE0102.zip

Edited by MajorTordoArthur

EDIT2: I found yet another interesting patch, its called FE4 crazy but you could just call it Genealogy of Hezul if you want as Eltshan is the first lord and Aless the second. Trabant replaces Cuan but he still has Major Noba and got Minor Dain for some reason. The most noticeable change is that the difficulty is raised to a pretty high level, I just did a quick run through the prologue but lost my 3 starting knights(Eve, Eva and Macbeth), though I did play rather careless.

link: http://febin.so.land.to/src/FE0102.zip

That patch is incomplete. Only up to CH9 IIRC.

Edited by Fia

I saw the updates, and once again thanks a lot for all of your translation work. Its probably not your favorite thing thing to do in the world, so props to you for benefiting the community. I'm pretty sure after Girls, there aren't really any other readme's that I'll be interesting in reading, although I can't speak for everybody of course.

Those notes could potentially be useful, as they could tell us secrets about maps that haven't been discovered yet (If they added any events if you stand on a certain space, etc). I'm fine with them not being translated though, as its always cool to figure those out yourself.

Tiena (TheEnd) could you please translate the rest of Tordo? What you've translated so far is a big help, but it would be cool to have the other stuff (skills, weapons, etc.).

The only things remaining are update log (rather pointless in a finished hack) and the item locations table... which is more of a grunt work than translation, really.

There's no "etc."

The only things remaining are update log (rather pointless in a finished hack) and the item locations table... which is more of a grunt work than translation, really.

There's no "etc."

What about another readme? The map editor for Seisen was updated, and I wanted to check the readme--some of the machine translations are contradicting itself, and I was wondering if you could just clear up the whole thing, if interested.

<各種編集モード>

村・地形の変化、敵データの一部、イベントマスクを設定します。

基本操作は、まず左中央やや上のチェックボックスを押すとそれぞれの位置が表示されます。

マスクモードと他の情報を一度に表示することは出来ません。

メニューから、どれか編集モードを選び別窓を表示させます。

座標を変更する場合左クリックで選択し、任意の場所で再度クリックすると変更できます。

フォーカスを離したいときは右クリックか、MAP以外の場所で左クリックをします。

フォーカスが離れるとそれぞれの値が0にクリアされます。

座標以外の項目を設定する場合、別窓の更新を選んでください。

*座標以外の項目を変更した場合、"変更ボタン"を押さないと内容が反映されません。

*編集した内容をROMに保存する場合、"保存ボタン"を押してください。

*ROMに保存せず他のマップに変更した場合、編集内容は失われます。

<村編集モード>

村の位置や扉などを設定します。

選択できる場所には左上に色の着いた四角が表示されます。

TYPEで0(城)以外の場合Flag, SHOP の値は無視されます

Number 村の番号

Name 城名を指定します

TYPE 00 城 02 村

[X][Y] 座標

Flag 城内の項目。ビット管理で指定

SHOP 城内の内容を同バンク内で指定

<地形編集モード>

イベントで変化する地形を設定します。

赤い矩形で表示されます。

MAP 使用マップ

MISC (使用マップ?)

EVENT FLAG イベントフラグ番号

[X][Y] 座標

JUMP 地形変化情報部分へJUMP

[W][H] 変化させる縦幅と横幅

*場所を移動させるには、CHIP描画をオフにして任意の場所をクリックしてください。

*地形変化を変更するにはCHIP描画をオンにして、緑の矩形なってから上書き描画で変更できます。

マスクをする場合、MASKに適切な値を入力しておいてください。使わない場合は0

*地形編集ではアンドゥ・リドゥに対応していません。

*[W][H]の領域([W]*[H])は固定幅です。減少させることは出来ますが、増やすことは出来ません。

*JUMP値を変更した場合高確率でバグるので気をつけてください。

<ユニット編集モード>

敵データやユニットの一部を編集できます。

経路が0x23(始点終点指定)以外の場合、[sX][sY]の値は無視されます

ID ユニットID

[X][Y] 終点座標

BOSS ボス指定

MISC AI

UNIT 所属

ORDER 順番

Address 移動内容のROMアドレス(経路 0x23, 0x28 のみ)

[sX][sY] 移動開始位置(経路 0x23 のみ)

リスト

ID ユニットID

X座標 Y座標 終点座標

経路 経路指定型

(0:なし 0x23:始点終点指定 0x28:即座にユニット表示.経路指定なし)

編集したいユニットをマップ上からクリック、またはリストから選択します。

SHIFT + 左クリックで終点座標変更

CTRL + 左クリックで始点座標変更

右クリックを押すと選択解除します。

*始点が変更できるのは、経路が0x23のユニットのみです

*通行経路の状況により表示に時間がかかる場合があります

*イベントで動くユニットは編集できません。

<マスク編集モード>

イベントで通過できるようになる部分を編集します。

任意のMASK値を指定してください。

どのイベントが対応するかはオリジナルを参照してください。

MASKを戻す場合、右クリックで指定無しになります。

*MASK 値はビット管理になっているので、CUSTOM値は 0x20のみ有効かもしれません

<カスタムパレット>

マップで使用するパレットを変更します。

他のマップのパレットを使用する場合、Palette Index の項目に目的のマップ番号を入力してください。

変更したパレットするには、ROMに保存ボタンを押してください。

*デフォルトに戻す機能はないので、保存したパレットを元に戻したい場合は

PC:$CE100 ~ $CEC00 がパレットデータに相当します。

*やっぱりYBB の大型規制に巻き込まれて返信できません・・・

そろそろ解除されるはず・・・

Hopefully I'll stop procrastinating today...

Meanwhile, have a Neir update.

Ver3.40

- Added a patch for use of those playing from the start. Since the amount of items has been changed, you can't use midgame data with it.

This was done so that the 2nd gen characters' initial weapons wouldn't disappear.

Characters in the regular patch have the weapons listed below as well, but they disappear upon loading.

Arthur: Iron Axe, Rapier

Sety: Wind

Asvel: Graphcalibur

Arion: Knight Killer

Skasaher: Silver Sword, Silver Axe

Yurius: Resire

Delmud: Killsword

Sleuf: Light Sword

Eda: Silver Lance, Javelin

Nanna: Relieve

Leen: Wind Sword

Mareeta: Nihil Sword

Yuria: Aura

These are weapons held regardless of 1st gen inheritance.

Asvel gets two Graphcaliburs if unmarried, but that's a glitch.

How to use this patch: apply it over a rom already patched with the regular Genealogy of Neir.

- Added exclusive colors for some units.

Allies: Leaf (Prince, original game's color), Yurius (Dark Prince, black), Rana (Valkyrie, black), Skasaher (both Vanguard and Sagittary and purple).

Enemies: Ch. 1 Alvis, Rotritter, 3 sisters (red); Final Chapter Goldritter, 3 aides, Lahna (golden).

- Skasaher's starting class changed to Vanguard; pseudo class change selection added. Thanks to this change, Skasaher is now able to inherit both swords and axes.

- Added bonuses to the highest level regular spells (Bolganon: MAG+5; Thoron: SKL+5; Tornado: SPD+5).

- Weakened the Final Chapter's Weissritter, removed the Heim scroll from Zwölf, weakened the three brothers. Laylea is still powerful, but actually doesn't have Nihil.

- Changed Ichieval's range to 2-3.

- Removed 5 points from Loptousu's defense bonus.

How complete is Genealogy of Narga? I tried to run the hack but it freezes right at the prologue right where I assume Kurth and the 3 knights are supposed to show up. All the other hacks work fine for me except this one.

Edit: Got it working now. Can't decide what to try now, Odo or Narga?

Edited by pitbuller26