FEBinary programs and hacks in here:

Celice

Well, I can't play Binary hacks anymore. When I try to patch it using IPSWIN, it just says "the specified file doesn't exist" and some letters in the patch are replaced by question marks. Help would be appreciated. I've also tried Lunar IPS......same shit. Could not read file and a bunch of question marks. Thanks in advance.

Edited by 6734

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are those two characters replacing characters who were originally male? I don't know of any hacks that have created or modified which characters are actually able to be paired as a mother/father. So you can just apply the normal pairing rules to the new ones most of the time--so if a male replaces a female, just pair them as if they were a female.

Well, I can't play Binary hacks anymore. When I try to patch it using IPSWIN, it just says "the specified file doesn't exist" and some letters in the patch are replaced by question marks. Help would be appreciated. I've also tried Lunar IPS......same shit. Could not read file and a bunch of question marks. Thanks in advance.

Maybe you're missing a language back for your computer? ?_?

Are those two characters replacing characters who were originally male? I don't know of any hacks that have created or modified which characters are actually able to be paired as a mother/father. So you can just apply the normal pairing rules to the new ones most of the time--so if a male replaces a female, just pair them as if they were a female.

I checked it using nitemare and found out that Aiden and Bridget "roles" replaced Alec and Noish so I am able to pair them. Im guessing they switched many characters recruitment.

For the Ulir patch, are you able to pair Bridget and Aiden? or are they considered "males"?

Most likely female character stays as female in Ulir.

Actually I believe this patch is pretty much different from the other patches. In the other patches, they pretty much follow up vanilla FE4 systems (such as recruitment, base castles, etc.) while they totally ditch those systems (or at least most of them) down in Ulir. Example: Character's level caps on 20 and will be reset back to 1 upon promotion just like the other FEs.

Or at least that's what I get from checking on Ulir, I haven't get the time to play the hack myself after all. I might recheck it again soon to confirm it.

Edited by Fia

• 4 months later...

http://ux.getuploade...%B9+Ver1.61.zip

There you go. Latest upload was three weeks ago, so this should be up to date. Click the button centered in the middle of the page, a little ways down. Has 'ダウンロード' on it.

Wai, wai, wai, how does that actually work with the story? Do we go to Leaf's portion during Chapter 6 and then come back to chapter 7? And how're the first generation there?

Also, I don't mind translating. :D

• 4 weeks later...

After looking for a an hour or two, I cannot for the life of me find a place to download the Genealogy of Naga patch. I did find one here but it lacks the readme. Does anyone have or can link me to the most recent version with the readme included?

^ "FE4 二次創作系パッチ.zip" contains about 30 different (I think) hacks. Got bored a few nights ago and decided to try all of them. I think I managed to get all of them to work without any issues (there's some weird shit in there though). Neir seems to be the only one worth playing imo.

Narga's in there, too.

Edit: On Neir, the creator's idea of balance is screwed up. C4 Sigurd (maybe it was Lex?) had 1% hit rate on Alex. Didn't really matter because pretty much everyone couldn't do shit to the bosses except Shanan. Basically everyone in 1st gen sucks except Shanan (Elt is garbage, Siggy-poo is too slow, Lex is generally unusable etc.). Also, what's with those japs' obsession with Dew? In the original he's worthless in combat and a terrible parent, yet he's freaking popular in these hacks. Anyway, this game blows and these hacks belong in purgatory.

Edited by Luftwaffe

• 2 weeks later...

Neir features a scaling of difficulty of an entire game condensed into five chapters. Because of the short length, the difficulty can feel jarring, but it is actually very appropriate. I highly enjoyed it.

---------

I noticed today that ten complete, or almost-complete hacks were uploaded to the uploader today. They are:

gbwaa.png

Happy holidays

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A few users have recently messaged me about some of the hacks in this thread, as well as other matters. I've also noticed that the Binary uploader seems to be out of commission.

I've been keeping an archive of all Fire Emblem-related romhacking files I've come across, so that future users will have a resource to reference in their own hacking endeavors, or to enjoy some hacks that were lost to time. If people here would like a reupload of my current archive, I'll put it up. They included everything on the Binary uploader since its first revision, English or other international fan hacks that I've come across, finished, in progress, and abandoned, various informational resources or other like files (mugshot sheets, weapon/item icon sheets, music files, tools).

I do not maintain the files within and so I do not know whether any of the files do not have permission to be distributed, or what their author's viewpoints are on whether others are free to use some of the files or resources I have. But if users here would appreciate the latest copy of my backup, I'll gladly upload it and share it. It is currently at around 630MB, with around 500 main files (most of these are .RARs of individual files, so the size and amount of files are actually quite larger). Some of these files may include copy-righted code of the original games, such as patches which restructure/modify how games operate (e.g. FE4 hacks which alters how skills work, but to not actually add in new content; if this be an issue, it extends to several hacks this forum currently discusses and makes available anyways) or are ROMs which are directly pre-patched, either because that was the latest version available, because the ROM offered something worth archiving that wouldn't be available in a patch, or because no patch was ever created. I would leave it to someone else to muddle through the hundreds of files to censor out this data, if a public distribution is desired, but limited, by this factor.

Next to that, I am still notified via email when I get a PM. I can distribute this large archive in private, via an email, if a user would like access to the archive, but Serenes Forest would not facilitate the access. Just leave an email notifying where you'd like a link sent to and I'll try to get it to you.

The earliest file added was on 12/23/2011, but includes files before this date internally. A few files are large compendiums that document ASM, event information, map information, unit information, and other such data for the older games that is not widely distributed or known by international fans. A majority of the files are in Japanese, some in Chinese, and a slightly larger section in English. One or two are in Spanish.

A few users have recently messaged me about some of the hacks in this thread, as well as other matters. I've also noticed that the Binary uploader seems to be out of commission.

I've been keeping an archive of all Fire Emblem-related romhacking files I've come across, so that future users will have a resource to reference in their own hacking endeavors, or to enjoy some hacks that were lost to time. If people here would like a reupload of my current archive, I'll put it up. They included everything on the Binary uploader since its first revision, English or other international fan hacks that I've come across, finished, in progress, and abandoned, various informational resources or other like files (mugshot sheets, weapon/item icon sheets, music files, tools).

I do not maintain the files within and so I do not know whether any of the files do not have permission to be distributed, or what their author's viewpoints are on whether others are free to use some of the files or resources I have. But if users here would appreciate the latest copy of my backup, I'll gladly upload it and share it. It is currently at around 630MB, with around 500 main files (most of these are .RARs of individual files, so the size and amount of files are actually quite larger). Some of these files may include copy-righted code of the original games, such as patches which restructure/modify how games operate (e.g. FE4 hacks which alters how skills work, but to not actually add in new content; if this be an issue, it extends to several hacks this forum currently discusses and makes available anyways) or are ROMs which are directly pre-patched, either because that was the latest version available, because the ROM offered something worth archiving that wouldn't be available in a patch, or because no patch was ever created. I would leave it to someone else to muddle through the hundreds of files to censor out this data, if a public distribution is desired, but limited, by this factor.

Next to that, I am still notified via email when I get a PM. I can distribute this large archive in private, via an email, if a user would like access to the archive, but Serenes Forest would not facilitate the access. Just leave an email notifying where you'd like a link sent to and I'll try to get it to you.

The earliest file added was on 12/23/2011, but includes files before this date internally. A few files are large compendiums that document ASM, event information, map information, unit information, and other such data for the older games that is not widely distributed or known by international fans. A majority of the files are in Japanese, some in Chinese, and a slightly larger section in English. One or two are in Spanish.

If you offer a patch and data, it is a very kind talk.

However, if an exchange with e-mail can be performed, please withhold it.

Can't it be given if it uploads, since it copes with attaching time restriction and a password to some rise loader etc.?

• 1 month later...

If you offer a patch and data, it is a very kind talk.

However, if an exchange with e-mail can be performed, please withhold it.

Can't it be given if it uploads, since it copes with attaching time restriction and a password to some rise loader etc.?

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you are trying to say (Is English not your first language, or are you using an internet translation tool?). I'll try to reply, but I cannot really address your question if I don't understand the question. I'm sorry.

I interpret you saying that I ought not distribute the files because some of them are still bound by the author's intentions of non-distribution other than being distributed via the uploader. I respect the author intention, but I also recognize its arbitrariness, and also the respect for all others who are not necessarily the author but who would personally benifit, in some fashion, from having access to the resources or knowledge. There is a larger interest in preserving and distributing the information, content, and tools, that overtakes any provincial interest on the part of a contingent author.

If you mean to say that some of the files are password protected, all of the files I remember coming across had their password included in the upload title or upload notes, or were else later or previously uploaded without a password restriction. But as I said above, and a few months ago, I do not maintain the files within, so I do not have perfect knowledge of which files may be locked by unrecoverable passwords. Even so, it's not necessarily my intent that the archived files and data be completely available, but only that they are preserved. We can always bruteforce a password that someone would need. We cannot access data that was lost to website destruction, user defacement, or general amnesia.

• 3 weeks later...

First post updated with reference to the 'Fire Emblem TS' hack, of which I'm pretty sure I've forgotten to include.

EDIT: Here is a thread about Fire Emblem TS, a fan hack that I may not have included in my archive. I just remembered it when explaining some of archive to another member; if memory serves, this hack is a little like the RE (Binary) hack mixed with Inflation, and it gets pretty difficult towards the end-game. It is a hack of FE4.

I also seem to recall that either there was a TS version for FE5, or that alongside FE4 TS there were also two Vietnamese hacks which were similar and equally difficult. This was three years ago, and I've forgotten where to find them, their names, or whether they're actually distinct from TS (which ought to be in Chinese, not Vietnamese), or are one and the same.

Also reuploaded the FE8 GIRLS English patch, which was removed by mistake.

EDIT: Also, do not forget about our fellow Chinese fans, either! They have their own interesting projects and programs, including a basic frontend editor for FE10, similar to the Nightmare modules.

http://bbs.fireemblem.net/thread.php?fid=12

Edited by Celice

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any info or a copy of Genealogy of Baldo (バルドの系譜)? I just came across it during some random searching, but I can't find a copy of it. Fia mentioned it earlier in this thread, around page 15, but my archive doesn't have the upload numbers, and most of the files I have display gibberish for names, sadly, when nested within the archive (like FE4,5 âvâìâOâëâÇüAëµæ£ënò-âpâbâ`în).

Also of note, I found someone's guesstimation of how many Genealogy hacks have been finished:

名無しさん@お腹いっぱい。 [sage] 2012/05/01(火) 17:25:36.46 :55/AJcm6
バルド…作ってる人は居たが元々原作がバルドの系譜だからと言う理由で未完
ヘズル…Crazy。完結
オード…アイラさん。完結
ネール…完結
ノヴァ…キュアン様。作者行方不明
ダイン…完結
ウル…作成中
ファラ…シナリオは未完
トード…完結
セティ…
ブラギ…
ヘイム…完結
ロプト…未完

原作含めて完成したものを含めれば7/13

That's a pretty awesome completion rate.

Edited by Celice

• 4 weeks later...

Has there even been an update to Touhou Emblem: Genealogy of the East (as the name states, it's a Biarny mod of FE4 using Touhou characters as the main cast. Sigurd's still the main lord however). I tired checking their group's website but I haven't seen anything on it for a long while.

Here's a video showcasing the recruitment of various characters if anyone is confused about what I'm trying to look for:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqllQmnS1KQ

I haven't come across anything for it recently. You might have luck finding some random info by searching some 2ch boards or niconico if you're really wanting to hear some updates about the hack :/

(it could be worse though, you could have something like Genealogy of Loptousu, where no one seems to know what happened to it... :o )