FEBinary programs and hacks in here:

Celice

After a long search, I for the life of me cannot find the Genealogy of Neir patch (or hack, whichever it's called). I checked the site listed on the first page, and it doesn't have what I was looking for. The links in this thread don't really contain the patches anymore. If someone can steer me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I don't know how to say this, but I can't seem to find the FE Girls rom anywhere. All paths on Google eventually lead here, but when I click on the link it just sends me to a 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable page. The link on the OP seems to only be a patch to a Japanese version, one that I can't find, and the uploader doesn't seem to have the ROMhack either. Either I need to learn Japanese, or it's nowhere to be found, simply put.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone successfully managed to patch FE4_BSTSの系譜v4.3? Pretty much every combination of patches to the main rom that I can think of has resulted in Snes9x producing a black screen.

BSTS 3.03 also crashes on Snes9X 1.53 on a prepatched ROM from the author, so it is probably an emulator issue. However, the 4.3 version does work on Snes9X 1.43 Geiger build (a debug build of the emulator), so maybe try an earlier version of Snes9x, or an alternative emulator like higan or ZSNES for the time being? The readme simply suggests using Snes9x to play, so I'm not sure :/

Trying to run 4.3 with zsnes produces a spc700 stall error. It also refuses to run with every emulator on retroarch for some reason as well.

Maybe there's some sort of patching instructions in the readme that we're overlooking because I have no idea what's going on.

I dunno. There's several different texts, including the main readme (which just said to use Snes9x), and also a few different patches also with the main patch. Try running them through Google translate and see if anything comes up?

Here's the Snes9x build I tried and which worked, so see if it also works for you. It's about a decade old though, and I dunno if it's a fully-fledged build or if it's some in-progress build of the emulator :/ It should be the first link in the programs section:

http://geigercount.net/crypt/

If it doesn't work, I'll upload the build I have for you. Though at this rate I wonder why it's not working. I think the Geiger build stripped the header from the last ROM I tried... if that makes a difference :o

I tried running it with the debug and got this as a result

"Sound CPU executing STOP at E060 FF STOP A:0 X:00 Y:00 S:EF P:nvphiZC 137 1046 1094"

As for google translate, using that gave me

★ patch applied are as follows:
CC selection and getting on and off patch
feseiRING patch
Weapon Weight force / 2 offset patch
Weapon correction additional patches
Deadly slayer separation patch v2.1
Arena bug fixes
Enabling patch switching the real and the battle map of NPC
Attack force calculation status replacement patch
Moonlight sword effect change patch
Equipment limit patch
Special sword determination program change patch TypeC
Weapon LV expansion patch
SRAM expansion patch ver 1.01
Item List extension patch
6 character display name patch
All range expansion patch ver 1.02
Pegasus magic patch
By class luck setting patch
Its special formula rate change + Osamu-soku deadly rate display patch
fe4_battle_music patch

Unfortunately none of the patches that come with the zip match up.

You get:

FE4武器説明2段表示パッチ

FE4上級装備パッチ

手加減&突撃パッチ

FE4武器耐久無限パッチ

ランス参考パッチ

盾参考パッチ

FE4_BSTSの系譜

Very strange. I only tried the hack up to the beginning events of the prologue, skipping most of the dialogue, and didn't find a crash up til then. Here is the emulator build I tried:

I think those additional patches are just source ones used from other hacks, and so they shouldn't be necessary. But I really don't know myself.

Snes9x Geiger.zip

I tried rolling back to 3.2 and tried both 3.2 and 4.3 with both versions of SNES9x. The results of both tests were black screens.

I'm starting to feel that it might be something wrong with the base rom itself which is weird as the rom runs just fine in pretty much every emulator.

Alright, so the weird thing is this: I usually open ROMs manually through Snes9x, instead of having Windows launch Snes9x when I double-click a ROM file.

I was lazy yesterday and tried to do the latter, and that ended up with black screens. I tried again this morning with a fresh, unpatched ROM, and I got the same blank screen. Then I realized that Snes9x didn't actually load anything when I had Windows try to launch the ROM file with the program.

So I then went to File-Load and chose the ROM manually and it worked. Then I tried the hack with the ROM having the same filename, and it still worked. Are you maybe trying to launch the ROM by double-clicking it, and having Windows pull up Snes9x to load it with? That seems to be the issue so far :o

Here is the info on the ROM I tried.

DKZA0uh.png

I tried doing the file open method and it didn't work, we have the same base rom so that's fine.

Although something interesting popped up, the header checksum and the actual checksums don't match.

"Actual Checksum: 3E1F

Header Checkum: 8495

HC Compliment: 7B6A"

I've been playing Genealogy of Blagi and I'm on chapter 10. I missed quite a few characters it seems as the hack is a lot different in terms of recruitment order in the 2nd gen. If anyone could provide the answers, that would be much appreciated.

Characters that I'm missing:

Pamela's other child which would have been the replacement for Corple, I recruited Meng (who replaces Leen).

The replacements for Johan and Johalva.

The replacement for Hannibal.

One more question, what exactly does Lewyn (Levin) do besides be someone who just blocks the way for enemies? He has a staff that I have no idea what it does.

One thing I truly despise in this hack is the lack of an arena, so money is hard to come by if you want to actually use stronger weapons.

Edited by Pitbuller26

About halfway done with BSTS. Its definitely an interesting hack as the maps are different from that of the original game and recruitment requirements are changed as well.

The unit balance is about the same as that of vanilla FE4, meaning anyone who gets a divine weapon is pretty much better than everyone else, however the hack was designed around this in mind since come Chapter 4, they pretty much just throw you in many situations where you more or else need to use those weapons.

One thing that I don't really like about the hack is how scarce money is considering the amount of repairs that you have to do because of the gigantic enemy density.

I hope that the Tear Ring Saga part of the hack turns out better than the Berwick Saga part. Although that depends on me figuring out how to recruit Plum since I saw her in a Chapter 6 castle and no one seems to be able to get her out of it.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I will want of the assistance compared to the tool nightmare how I can add units to a chapter? I will want to also know how to make to put reinforcements in a chapter

Thank you in advance and good night with you

• 1 month later...

The new Green/Midori patch for FE8 looks to be interesting. It seems it has successfully split Magic and Strength into two stats, and have all eight weapon types available across classes. New skills are added, and maps have been adjusted. I haven't played much, but similar to FE_Girls, the theme here is green-haired characters and armies.

• 5 weeks later...

The Green patch is pretty great, but there seems to be some issues regarding the route split. If you get a dummy Eirika, it can prevent you from finishing certain chapters, as after you move her, she vanishes. There are three ways around this that I've found. One was a 2ch post suggesting using an Angelic robe, which works, but I had two duplicate Eirika's in another map and one still had the 0/0 health (the angelic robe'd one was off the map).

Another method is to permanently carry Eirika, until the end of the chapter. Then drop her, and let her seize/move to the desired chapter. She only vanishes after she ends her turn, so if she activates the end-chapter stuff first, it should be good.

A third method is to give the slot 1 character higher health. Here are some codebreaker codes to do this

3202BE5A 00XX

3202BE5B 00XX

One is for the current HP and the other the max HP. Eirika comes in as slot-1 in these problematic chapters, so you can give her the health amount you want, save your game, and disable the codes. She should stick with the health after that. Her stats are also borked, but I haven't played much farther to see if this reverts after the route split condenses back.