O-sawa Mitsuki FE4 manga translation thread

Tomoyo

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he meant having to re-translate the entire manga to keep name consistency, not to edit over someone's translation; because yeah, that's extremely rude. Just erasing someone's text and putting your own. Which is why if I ever did want name consistency and changed several of them, I'd end up scanning the whole manga, from the beginning. That said, you might be right in that I should stick to what I'm used to, but that also means I may or may not redo the first volumes; though that will be after I've finished the entire manga from where it was left off. More of a possible after project, as I'd have to have the whole thing re-translated because I am not taking Tomoyo's team's work. Also, I'll probably work on Thracia 776 after all this, since I already have volume one.

Delphi, unfortunately, I don't have that answer, but hopefully someone does. Wouldn't surprise me though, because Japanese writers and artists do like to reference each other's work in the business.

-

Volume 8 and 9 stuff, otherwise known as the volumes of death and destruction and tears. Also fuck you Azel for ruining what was left of my heart. I fucking loved you, man. (No harm done here besides my broken heart; I still love Azel.)

Compared to volume 6 being loaded with Trabant and volume 7 being loaded with Lex and Aira and then Trabant again, volume 8 is loaded with Azel.

Also, it seems Manfloy did actually also cry. Briefly. Very briefly. But Levin (especially Levin) and Alvis crying buckets is more important, let's be honest.

Serious kudos to the author though. I don't think I've ever been so invested in fight scenes, but this manga is ridiculously intense for the entirety of the Battle of Barhara. Lots of family drama and even more tears between volumes 8 and 9.

20_zpsqw3wuayl.png

21_zpsgfl4utsf.png

It started out so adorable and then it just went down angst hill and rolled all the way down full speed and I will never recover from it.

"Goodbye, Nii-san", more like "goodbye Jugdral Defender's last line of heart defense".

22_zpsw3okqnh5.png

23_zpswlfh0ndm.png

Azel's means of escape is jumping into a river. Conclusion? Well, Arthur and Tinny were still born.

24_zpszpwxx2ge.png

Claude and Sigurd trying to figure out what Diadora is doing there, and Diadora starts to remember Sigurd. Doesn't help that Alvis is standing right there and we all know that can't possibly blow over well.

25_zpsxzlnm59c.png

26_zpse6p9lb4t.png

Unfortunately not all of you are going to survive the day.
And of course, Alec and Noish share a panel. Stay cute, you two.

27_zpsheqzjqbe.png

Okay but Manfloy fuck you.

Watching Levin crying on the ground dying afterward is really not fun.

28_zps6dcr2hyy.png

29_zpsoh5whsc9.png

Okay but when you walk in to see another man kissing your wife and you realize that your wife was actually his wife and you just had your precious younger brother run away from you recently I think it's high time for a breakdown. Also a murder to clean things up.

[spoiler=Cue one bad fire joke]30_zps56pedoqi.png

Sigurd is fallin' apart in Alvis' arms tonight... What's left of him is falling apart...

But in all seriousness, this was an especially sad scene. Sigurd was nothing but pleasant to him and didn't hate him at all for what happened to Diadora, even offering him his hand to help Alvis stand. As soon as their hands came into contact the scene was switched and we're shown Fury (as Levin is dying) and Diadora's horrified faces. We don't actually see Sigurd get burned, so I guess a good portion of the fire jokes are out on this one. That didn't exactly stop me as seen above, of course...

After the battle, the only survivors who didn't run away are shown standing/sitting together (Claude, Sylvia, Brigid, Midir and Dew). The scene skips to Levin talking to the second gen kids when they're children and Alvis becoming emperor, then skips to a very young Yurius killing Diadora, in which Alvis practically begs him to stop just before he does. Well, we know how far that got. Diadora dies thinking of Sigurd.

From there it just skips into gen 2 for the rest of the volume.

Fuck you Claud. If you pair him with Adean, he reveals he knows exactly what's going to happen to all of them but does nothing because "muh destiny". Doesn't look like he's seen the future in this though.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Fuck you Claud. If you pair him with Adean, he reveals he knows exactly what's going to happen to all of them but does nothing because "muh destiny". Doesn't look like he's seen the future in this though.

He did actually; it was in the earlier volumes (not sure how much he said about it by memory though). He was crying but decided to believe Sigurd could change his destiny, and if I recall he didn't think there anything he could personally do about it. He just knew many of them were going to suffer a terrible fate.

Claude does actually survive into the second gen in the manga though. He's locked up but freed by Alvis, and he goes to Celice's army, where Corpul and Leen meet him, [spoiler=actual manga spoiler]and he gives his staff to them to revive Celice who was killed by a possessed Yuria.

Edited by Jugdral Defender

Claude does actually survive into the second gen in the manga though. He's locked up but freed by Alvis, and he goes to Celice's army, where Corpul and Leen meet him, <spoiler>

No stop Edited by TravelingElder

I just want to thank you for doing this. Seriously, you're awesome.

Few questions, though.

1 - What are the pairings this time? I know that they change from manga to manga and I've only read Fuyuki's.

2 - How long is the manga?

3 - Are Beowulf and Holyn really cut, or am I thinking of Fujimori's version?

Thank you again. I can't wait for the rest of this. Good luck!

No stop

Those are my feelings half the time and thank you for finding a name for them.

I just want to thank you for doing this. Seriously, you're awesome.

Few questions, though.

1 - What are the pairings this time? I know that they change from manga to manga and I've only read Fuyuki's.

2 - How long is the manga?

3 - Are Beowulf and Holyn really cut, or am I thinking of Fujimori's version?

Thank you again. I can't wait for the rest of this. Good luck!

I assume you mean second gen pairs, since the scanned manga for this version covers all of that except Claude/Sylvia (which unfortunately gets significantly less time shown than the other gen 1 pairs). Trabant/Ethlin, one-sided on Trabant's part, comes in during volume six, so those parts aren't scanned yet. If you do need to know the gen 1 pairs, they're Sigurd/Diadora, Cuan/Ethlin, Aideen/Jamka, Lex/Aira, Eltshan/Lachesis, Fin/Lachesis, Levin/Fury, Sylvia/Claude, Azel/Tiltyu, and Brigid/Dew. There's also Alvis/Diadora, and seeing as Sigurd/Diadora is doomed to obvious things, Alvis/Diadora counts, I suppose (and Alvis really does love her, and she stays with him after Sigurd dies so).

I wish I could say Alec/Noish. I really wish I could. But then again, there's nothing stopping me, nya ha.

The gen 2 pairs are Celice/Yuria, Lakche/Shanan, Skasaher/Lana, Leaf/Nanna, Arthur/Fee (pretty sure I've seen some hints of Oifaye/Fee though? Not too sure), Sety/Tinny, Aless/Leen, Altenna/Arion (from what I've understood this seems to be covered), Johan and Johalva both like Lakche, and there's a bit of a love triangle with Lakche and Patty over Shanan. There's Yurius/Ishtar too, made much more blatant than in canon, but well, let's just say it doesn't... look... healthy... Or maybe I'm just jealous.

At least for anyone who has read the Light Inheritors manga, we'll all be used to the little Arthur/Sety/Tinny/Fee family. :P

The manga concludes up to chapter ten. There is no final chapter, and the manga ends with Alvis' death, as he speaks to Celice. There's a bit more (like two pages) after that, but there's no final battle with Yurius. The LI manga went up to chapter nine, making Trabant the final battle, whereas Alvis was the final battle in this version.

Nope; you're correct in that they were cut from this manga. They were the author's least favorite characters. She did draw them in extra pages, but they are not in the storyline.

You're welcome and thank you for the kind words! I'll try to get out more raws in the next of couple of days. If there's something you guys want specifically that I've already passed (such as something from gen 1), let me know and I'll post it with mention of what volume it's in (anytime; not just what I've passed as of right now). I can't guarantee when I'll be able to scan normally, so for now this'll have to do.

wait.... they are ACTUALLY translating this again? My life has sense again! No kidding, when i finished reading and then i found out the other chapters were unstraslated, i felt depressed for DAYS.

wait.... they are ACTUALLY translating this again? My life has sense again! No kidding, when i finished reading and then i found out the other chapters were unstraslated, i felt depressed for DAYS.

If by they you mean you mean Holsety Scans, no, they're not picking it back up. As of right now there's no translator for my scans that I'll be working on, but I'm still looking for someone. I've had two people offer to clean pages, one person to help me proofread, and the other person who offered to clean is willing to help with typesetting (I literally got these offers today so it's not late news), but obviously we need a translator first. I'm going to look around more after I actually get printer ink for the story mentioned prior in past posts.

I was pretty upset when I found out the team stopped working on it too, and it really hadn't even crossed my mind to pick it up until I found the manga on sale online. Thankfully when I came back around into the FE community, I replayed FE4 and fell back in love with it... a lot harder this time. I guess a few years away from it did that to me.

But yeah, as of right now, even when I scan, they'll just be raw pages until I can find a translator or two who can read kanji. I don't want to mislead anyone into thinking it's getting translated right away, because I can't promise that will happen so quickly. I CAN say once I have the means of scanning instead of using a camera that I can post more full raw pages, and I can drop previews around if I can get a translator while everyone works their part.

-

Raw shots are later than I wanted them to be, but at least I come bearing an update on the situation as mentioned above with getting offers for help getting it online and whatnot when I asked some people I know. We are slowly but surely getting somewhere...

by " they " i was referring to the people of this thread as a whole, and even if it will not be translated any time soon, i just want to see what happens, even if i can't read japanese, i'd love to see some new raws

I've been waiting since 2012 for another update but was disappointed that it stopped. But thank you so much kind ma'am for reviving this project!

Although, I am rather afraid to read the rest of the manga. After seeing the previews and know what's going to happen, I think I'm gonna cry :( they develop these characters more than the game did, and now they're just gonna get killed off!

by " they " i was referring to the people of this thread as a whole, and even if it will not be translated any time soon, i just want to see what happens, even if i can't read japanese, i'd love to see some new raws

Gonna work on getting some shots today, so I hope they're to your preference. Tbh I really just grab things at random that are of particular relevance to the story... or my Velthomer bias is showing. So if you or anyone else wants more on something/someone, let me know.

Where did you manage to get the whole set of manga's if you don't mind me asking...

I got them from eBay, but they were on sale when I got them. Also used copies, and the ones up now are also used copies but not on sale. They'd be about 300 USD with what's up there now. Not a price I would normally blow so much money on, but it's FE4 and I got impatient. >.>;

It was also a seller I was familiar with, so that helped a lot on my purchase.

I've been waiting since 2012 for another update but was disappointed that it stopped. But thank you so much kind ma'am for reviving this project!

Although, I am rather afraid to read the rest of the manga. After seeing the previews and know what's going to happen, I think I'm gonna cry :( they develop these characters more than the game did, and now they're just gonna get killed off!

The last volumes of gen 1 are paaainful. I do prefer gen 1 in the manga to gen 2, and I'd say I'm pretty split with this manga and the LI manga for gen 2. Gen 1 was perfect for me, story, character development and shipping preference (still disappointed Holyn and Beowulf weren't there, but I can't get everything).

Well, this is a manga, so of course they have more time for development. With around 300 pages for the first six volumes, gen 1 got its worth. I'm wicked happy about how she went about characterizing Alvis, because I think she did absolutely perfect on him. No fire pun intended, but I get pretty fired up when I see Alvis hate. I really hope she changed some people's views on him. She gave both sides of the story, with Alvis and Sigurd both being with Diadora, and I loved them equally.

Also happy she made more minor characters get tons of spotlight. A good chunk of volume seven is about Lex and Aira fighting Langbart. Also dramatic as hell, but I expected no less from the Battle of Barhara. The Battle of Barhara may even be my favorite part of this manga.

-

Edit: Will crop the camera shots and put them on a new post later. That way they get their own post and aren't mixed in with a lot of conversing again.

Also, I've purchased a scanner instead of just throwing money at ink, and it should be with me in a few days. It was the cheaper situation, and hey; I'm cheap. Hopefully it's not a crappy scanner, because I'll be honest; I've never even heard of the brand in my life. Hopefully a scanner is a scanner and it'll work out.

Gonna work on getting some shots today, so I hope they're to your preference. Tbh I really just grab things at random that are of particular relevance to the story... or my Velthomer bias is showing. So if you or anyone else wants more on something/someone, let me know.

If it isn't much of a bother, i'd like to see some shots of the fight in the Yied Dessert, like Cuan's death for starters, but don't feel pressured, take your time on it ;)

Hopefully it's not a crappy scanner, because I'll be honest; I've never even heard of the brand in my life. Hopefully a scanner is a scanner and it'll work out.

It isn'1t TCE, right

If it isn't much of a bother, i'd like to see some shots of the fight in the Yied Dessert, like Cuan's death for starters, but don't feel pressured, take your time on it ;)

No problem! It'll be a lot easier once I get my scanner in, but I can definitely go back and get some of those in the meantime. I'll probably post those for you when I get all my other shots together and crop those.

It isn'1t TCE, right

No, it's Visioneer OneTouch. It was only a bit more than twenty dollars used, and I am pretty sure returns are accepted. I'll try it out and see how it goes. All the big name brands are too much money for me right now honestly (I'm in a tight spot financially and I'm squeezing money out for all this stuff which is why you keep seeing me say "used" and that I am obviously buying this all off the internet).

Edit: Had a couple issues, so it's back to the camera for now. And possibly the printer, but a family member is willing to go halves with me on that ink price, and someone else has offered to keep looking into scanners with me in the meantime.

• 5 weeks later...

is this still alive? i may help by editing and cleaning the raws, though it may not be much. xD

Yeah, I've just been... not posting because loldouble posting.

Next set of stuff I get up will be from volumes 7 and 10, since someone asked for more Yied stuff.

I might post some things on Tumblr just to get more stuff up and around too, and I'm discussing it a bit on my blog as is. If you wanna go snoop some info out I've been writing about it somewhat here.

As far as cleaning goes, it's fine if you can't do much. I've had two other people offer to help with cleaning, so it'd be a way to let a load off for each of you. I think for the most part in that category we're still looking for someone who can definitely redraw lines.

Also, I've gone back and looked at everything again, since prior I'd skimmed most things, but I can confirm Dew is Patty and Faval's father. He is alive in gen 2 and dies in gen 2, and Patty calls him father.

Edit: Got an offer for translations, and the person willing was an FE4 fan prior, so we're good!

---

Edit: Not gonna double post so I'm just gonna throw these into this post. Got a lot more than usual for the long wait.

Additional volume seven/Yied Massacre raws by request:

Raw%208_zps89rb4miq.png

Just after they were informed by one of the Lance Ritter members that they had Trabant's crew following them.

Raw%209_zpsrcrzzfnn.png

Ethlin actually tried to fight Trabant. Well, you can see how it turned out.

Raw%209-1_zps3n4k36oy.png

Raw%209-2_zps0kr6mg2g.png

After Trabant basically drove Ethlin to killing herself.

Raw%209-3_zpskgvw9wj9.png

At least the manga had their dead bodies covered???

Unfortunately my camera really didn't like this volume. Or maybe it just didn't like Trabant.

Volume ten raws:

Raw%207-1_zpslnseohaa.png

Lex and Aira at some point after the Battle of Barhara. They took refuge with Danan. ...Obviously bad idea.

Raw%201_zps9sr05bl2.png

Family complete with tiny Johan and tinier Johalva. Johalva's memory of Aira is what made him refuse to fight Lakche during the battle in Isaac.

Raw%207-2_zpsmjlpop4x.png

Johan being an adorable dork in a serious conversation is okay.

They both survive and join the liberation army in this manga too, as they did in the LI manga.

Raw%202_zpsjytz7fsv.png

Raw%203_zpsedfqu48u.png

Lakche was captured, but at least we got brotherly time.

Raw%204_zpscgwmguh6.png

Lakche was going to be executed, and Fee and Arthur are totally not cool with it (they're just showing up at this part).

Raw%205_zps9wx15fra.png

When your dad sucks so you join the opposing army.

Raw%206_zpsjy4w0tta.png

Skasaher goes to fight Danan, and we're given flashbacks as to how Lex was killed. There's a few parts that mirror Skasaher to Lex in their respective fights with Danan.

Raw%207-3_zpsjrprisjq.png

Dorks are going to be dorks. Lester seems mortified knowing Skasaher will end up being his brother in law. Mind you, this isn't the first time he's reacted to it. Lana is crying out of relief that Skasaher survived because he passed out after the fight with Danan, which was finished between him and Lakche after she jumped in. He did take a pretty bad stab though.

Raw%207_zpsob97ygcz.png

Levin meets up with Fin at the end of the volume.

Basically all of volume ten is about the Isaac/Dozel families, which is why basically all the raws I've put up are just that. Volume eleven moves into Manster territory and covers Leaf and Aless' recruitment into the liberation army. Volume ten ends with Yurius... covered in blood. Surprise.

• 2 weeks later...