How do I type a word that's really a link?

Every time I try doing this I get a message when I click a link. Other people do it so maybe I'm doing it wrong. What should I do?

I'm currently clicking "Insert:Post Link" then in the bottom putting the word and in the top a web address.

Every time I try doing this I get a message when I click a link. Other people do it so maybe I'm doing it wrong. What should I do?

I'm currently clicking "Insert:Post Link" then in the bottom putting the word and in the top a web address.

Test

You might be linking to a post that doesn't exist.

Edited by Luster Warrior

Test

You might be linking to a post that doesn't exist.

What did you do to get that? I linked it to serenesforest.net. Do I need the "www." part and capitlization?

What did you do to get that? I linked it to serenesforest.net. Do I need the "www." part and capitlization?

[post=473420]Test[/post]

That's if you're using the "Insert Post Link" option. The Post # can be found by clicking the link at the top right of the post and look at the last number on the URL address that pops up.

Otherwise, if it's a link in general:

[url="http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14905"]FE4 THREAD[/url]

And you will get this:

FE4 THREAD

It's all in the BB Code Help that can be found below the post entry box (not on fast reply).

I don't understand what you're talking about; could you post an example?

One great way to figure it out by yourself is to quote a person whose behavior you want to imitate, and look to see how he/she did it.

Click the "Insert Link" app from the posting options, ctrl+v the url when asked, then type the label for it that you want. The preview post function helps when you want to see if you fucked up something like this.

Word

Edit: You got it. You linked to Hika!Boat saying SoS is homosexual.

Edited by Rehab

I just followed the example. I have no idea how I got that.

Click me!

Here's the example. What does it do? The same post? How did that happen? Was it the 100th post on te website?

Edited by luigi bros

I just followed the example. I have no idea how I got that.

Click me!

Here's the example. What does it do? The same post? How did that happen? Was it the 100th post on te website?

Yes.

EDIT: To the last question.

Edited by Crystal Shards

Same post as you linked to before. This is weird if you're getting a different page than you want. Show me the exact url of what you want to link to, if it's not a post about Sword of Seals' RNG sucking.

Edited by Rehab

What's the "option text"?

Same post as you linked to before. This is weird if you're getting a different page than you want. Show me the exact url of what you want to link to, if it's not a post about Sword of Seals' RNG sucking.

Nothing now. I'm just asking for the future.

Edited by luigi bros

If you want to link to a specific post, you can copy the corresponding URL from the link pictured below:

2rzv0xt.png

Or you could just quote the post you want to reference. That's easier...

Or you could just quote the post you want to reference. That's easier...

What if I want to link to another website?

What if I want to link to another website?

Read my last post. Except that you change the URL address, and the text you want to enter.

Example:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/"]YouTube Front Page[/url]

YouTube Front Page

Are you even getting this!?

Edited by Luster Warrior

Read my last post. Except that you change the URL address, and the text you want to enter.

Example:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/"]YouTube Hompage[/url]

YouTube Hompage

Please work!

How do I do it without having to type that whole thing. I copied you.

I did it! I'll try a fast way.

Did it work?[

Edited by luigi bros

Basically you just have to copy whatever is in the location bar of your web browser from the page you want to link to it. It's not hard.

Edited by Meteor

Basically you just have to copy whatever is in the location bar of your web browser from the page you want to link to it. It's not hard.

But where do I put it?