Bring Back the Serious Discussion Forum

@ Lyle:

...Which means they're not discussing the matter seriously.

Edited by Tino

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We CAN have srs discussion, but it doesn't mean we will just because YOU all want it :/

I mean seriously (im sorry that wasnt meant to be a retarded pun) if you aren't getting the srs discussion you want here then talk with ppl IRL. Better than random internet ppl who can just act like dicks imo XD

Of course it's capable of serious discussion.

The maturity level is the thing you're talking about.

I can spark up a conversation about abortion to a bunch of 5 year olds. But that doesn't mean they'll start talking about it maturely. They wouldn't even know what I was talking about.

Get back in your cage, Lyle.

Get back in your cage, Lyle.

Alright im sorry but I cant have been the only person to have laughed at this post right?

I can spark up a conversation about abortion to a bunch of 5 year olds. But that doesn't mean they'll start talking about it maturely. They wouldn't even know what I was talking about.

Hey Masu, are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Also, whether it's brought back or not is immaterial to me.

Hey Masu, are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Also, whether it's brought back or not is immaterial to me.

p-p-pe-pe-PEDO BEAR DESU?

Alright im sorry but I cant have been the only person to have laughed at this post right?

I laughed.

Lol.

"I CANNOT BE CAGED!

I CANNOT BE CONTROLLED!

KNOW THIS AS YOU DIE, EVER PATHETIC, EVER FOOLS!"

-Jon Irenicus.

Bring back the Serious Discussion forum.

Alright. When you guys decide to stop being dicks to people, regardless of who they are. :')

How about when you get a moderating team with the balls to reign in shit before it gets of control. And by reign in, I don't mean just close the topic and say "Oh shucks guys really?" I mean publicly hand out warns, make an example, and fucking enforce your rules.

We CAN have srs discussion, but it doesn't mean we will just because YOU all want it :/

I mean seriously (im sorry that wasnt meant to be a retarded pun) if you aren't getting the srs discussion you want here then talk with ppl IRL. Better than random internet ppl who can just act like dicks imo XD

Okay then, just don't go to the board set aside for serious discussion and everybody will be happy. You're not required to post in or even look at it. You can play stupid in fftf (and no, since you and Lyle don't seem to get it from your actions today, that's not the general board).

Honestly, regardless of whether or not the forum is capable of serious discussion or not, the arguments against the board are simply pathetic. It's not like it's some revolutionary idea, it was one that was had been going for some time before the wipe, and I certainly didn't see people like you complaining about it then. It makes me think that the reason why it's not being implemented is because it's something that evil Blacken and his fellow antagonists want, especially because of the current issues, something Jyo's post proved.

Well, from a longtime lurker on both FESS and here, unknown to both "sides," if you want to take away something that can only improve the forum, go right ahead.

How about when you get a moderating team with the balls to reign in shit before it gets of control. And by reign in, I don't mean just close the topic and say "Oh shucks guys really?" I mean publicly hand out warns, make an example, and fucking enforce your rules.

Warn again. Man you're on a roll. Keep it up. Oh, by the way, hope your hangover was a bitch.

Ok since "so many" people want it, why not? It won't hurt us, I just thought that not many people would go, but now that I think about it, while we had the forums there were still a decent amount of posters there.

That reason/logic doesnt fly here. It's been tried time and time again and Ideas/suggestions till turned down. Just letting ya know XD

That reason/logic doesnt fly here. It's been tried time and time again and Ideas/suggestions till turned down. Just letting ya know XD

XD Honestly, I'm mostly saying that, to get the Serious Discussion forums, so people will stop complaining. But I do recall seeing topics with a lot of posts in that section.

Of course it doesn't work like that. Why would it?

Of course it doesn't work like that. Why would it?

*shrugs*

I unno. Was just letting DBS that it wont work, and I know from experience.

Listen up, folks.

The consensus is to bring the board back. We get it. Enough. I'll make a point of bringing it up personally for discussion with the rest of the staff in the next day or two. Unfortunately, it's not a given that every intelligent suggestion that appears in this forum is automatically debated over in the staff board. (This needs to change. I commend Fox for trying to take initiative of that over the last few days.) However, understand that there are more pressing maters that need to be dealt with at the moment, such as replacing staff members and settling the community, so be patient. In the mean time, show us that you actually deserve this board.

More like they get publicly ignored. Taking away post count (for example) hasn't been flat out denied, it's just fallen off the radar and didn't really get a response.

Edited by Rehab

More like they get publicly ignored. Taking away post count hasn't been flat out denied, it's just fallen off the radar and didn't really get a response.

Didn't get a response from the administration you mean? It actually was brought up privately, believe it or not, and several moderators weighed in on the situation. One of the big problems with this staff however is that even when consensuses are reached, they aren't always acted on. And when things come to a deadlock, they fall off the table. This is what we're trying to change, and part of what is being currently discussed. Admittedly, we are not a proactive staff, and that needs to be fixed so we can serve the community better.

Edit: Jyo beat me to it. :P

Edited by Popo

In the time it took to make any one of the staff replies to this thread, the Serious Discussion board could have been brought back.

It's not like you're impeding serious discussion by refusing to do so, you're just promoting clutter in the General board. That is, of course, annoying, but it's not exactly keeping me up nights.

Edited by Urist McMiner

In the time it took to make any one of the staff replies to this thread, the Serious Discussion board could have been brought back.

It's not like you're impeding serious discussion by refusing to do so, you're just promoting clutter in the General board. That is, of course, annoying, but it's not exactly keeping me up nights.

I agree, and for what it's worth, I apologize on our behalf for letting a legitimate concern go ignored. Again, I'm certain that some serious changes will be occurring over the next week or so regarding how the staff interacts with and serves the community. I don't expect to see something like this happen again.

Edited by Popo